Don't got kids or a husband? Bad Jew! (Also, voter fraud laws)

Started by Sabby, October 16, 2012, 04:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Had this little nugget of unrefined Old World Values sent to me through Twitter. Just had to share it to make sure I'm not the only one reading these words right. We're in 2012, right? o.o

Sarah Silverman | Let My People Vote 2012 - Get Nana A Gun

So, someone raises some valid points about underhanded voting shenanigans? Clearly this is the work of a faulty vagina, which renders all words spoken as valueless. Just ask Yaakov Rosenblatt of the thejewishpress.com. He knows exactly how to talk to a lost unmarried Jew!

Quote from: Yaakov RosenblattIf I were to be gratuitous, I would say you mock what is imperfect because you know what perfect should look like and you seek the ultimate perfection.

But I won’t be so gratuitous. You are in show biz. I am in the rabbi biz. You entertain people. I serve people. I believe I have your number. You will soon turn 42 and your destiny, as you stated, will not include children. You blame it on your depression, saying you don’t want to pass it on to another generation.

I find that confusing, coming from someone as perceptive as you are in dissecting flawed arguments. Surely you appreciate being alive and surely, if the wonder of your womb were afflicted with your weaknesses and blessed with your strengths, it would be happy to be alive, too.

You said you wouldn’t get married until gay people can. Now they can. And you still haven’t married. I think, Sarah, that marriage and childrearing are not in the cards for you because you can’t focus on building life when you spend your days and nights tearing it down.

You have made a career making public that which is private, making crude that which is intimate, making sensual that which is spiritual. You have experienced what traditional Judaism taught long ago: when you make sex a public thing it loses its potency. When the whisper is replaced with a shout there is no magic to speak about. And, in my opinion, Sarah, that is why you have had trouble forging a permanent relationship – the most basic desire of the feminine soul.

You are driven. You are passionate. I pray that you channel your drive and direct your passion to something positive, something that will make you a better and more positive person, something that will allow you to touch eternity and truly impact the world forever. I pray that you pursue marriage and, if you are so blessed, raise children.

Don't like the way your Government is running things? Pfft! Let's ignore that and get to the IMPORTANT matters! Like what exactly you think you're doing outside the kitchen.

Cyrano Johnson

Wow. So telling that he had to entirely avoid the subject of her actual video. And his irrelevant cheap-shots about marriage and childbirth are perhaps not as in tune with the Torah tradition he's claiming to promote as he likes to imagine. Score goes to Silverman, easily.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm conflicted. I like the message, but I seriously hate the messenger..."

"Huh... The video does kinda make me want a gun, though... I wonder if that's the point."

"Oh, also, screw that rabbi right in the dreidel hole..."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Cyrano Johnson

The rabbi's own letter has drawn some responses.

I enjoy the dad's in particular:

Quote from: Donald SilvermanHey asshole: Daughter #1 is a rabbi. Not by your standards. She's reform. How dare she, a lowly woman think god wants her to be a rabbi, created from a mere rib. Her hubby, three times nominated for a nobel peace prize was listed by the Jerusalem Post as the 49th most influential jew in the world built the worlds largest solar field in israel. By the way, Sarah was also on the list. I missed your name. Oldest granddaughter is serving in the Israel Defense Forces. I'm sure you also served.Oh I forgot the orthodox don't do that.

Inari

Over here if you bring photo ID and proof of address (A bill or whatever) you can vote. Some reason I want to punt her so hard. They aren't doing it to screw people over, they want to make things fair and to stop fuck ups.

Oniya

So, if you're homeless or too poor to get a photo ID (while many states will offer a free photo ID, they usually require a birth certificate which is not free if you don't have a copy lying around), you're out of luck on the whole voting thing?  The amount of 'fuck ups' with regard to voting fraud is so pitifully small that these measures are described as 'a solution looking for a problem'.

Look at it this way:  In order to vote in place of someone else, I would need to not only know the name of a registered voter, but I would also have to be sure that person hadn't already voted - and I would have to be willing to commit a felony for what reason again? 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Starcry on October 21, 2012, 03:25:55 AM
They aren't doing it to screw people over, they want to make things fair and to stop fuck ups.

Silverman has it right and you have it wrong. They are trying to suppress marginal and likely pro-Obama voters, pure and simple, and lying about their motives.

Ever wonder if there's a sense of "the lady doth protest too much" in all the recent Republican squalling about "vote fraud," incidentally? You should: the only recent election to raise real suspicions of vote fraud was the 2004 election and the Republican Diebold-machine scandal that loomed large therein, particularly in Ohio.