Back by Popular Demand (D&D 3.5 Gestalt)

Started by ulthakptah, February 20, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Intrest thread
In character thread
Sheets/OOC thread

As of late one of my players from my other game, who shall remain nameless, has been hounding my to start another game. I'm going to use the same rules for making characters as I did for my last game. There is no limit on source books from Wizards of the Coast. Even the Dragon Magazines are fine. Abilities are 1d10+8 seven time and drop the lowest. Level adjustments counts for one side of gestalt, starting level 6. I don't have a story in mind yet, but I didn't last time either. I just make it up after I know what type of charters people make. Another question that gets asked a lot is how much sex there will be in the game. For me, it depends on the players. I let my players pretty much do whatever. If they want to hump like bunnies good for them.

Lastly if you are in my other game, I don't want you in this one. It's not that I don't like you. It's that I don't want your interest in this game to interfere with the other. The exception to this rule is the player, who shall remain nameless, that wanted me to run this game in the first place. On a count of she has no life and can keep up with running three game while playing in twelve.

NicciKotor

Woo! Not my fault we are lacking DMs. I just like to nag people here that can do a good job of DMing and hound them to do it even more. I am currently running 2.5 group games, so I can make this claim.

Going to make a bunnygirl fighter/monk as well.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

yesiroleplay

stat rolls are 12, 13, 13, 14, 15, 17
Do you allow Psychic Rogue from the WotC website?
Thinking Psychic Rogue/Psion

ulthakptah

I do allow Psychic Rogue, but you should know that if you go Psychic Rogue/Psion you would only get the power points of the better class.

DGblitz

Because I haven't done gestalt in forever, and I believe I recall my DM tweaking it, mind if I ask your rules on gestalt?
...I'm working on it; I'll have one when I'm able to put some thought into it

DG's ONs & OFFs

ulthakptah

Pretty much the same as it is in Unearth Arcana

yesiroleplay

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 20, 2011, 09:57:36 PM
I do allow Psychic Rogue, but you should know that if you go Psychic Rogue/Psion you would only get the power points of the better class.
Good luck with your game

NicciKotor

Mikuru Asahina, Level 6 monk/fighter bunnygirl!

10 Stunning attempts

HP: 56
Lawful Neutral
AC: 24 = 10+5 dex+5 wisdom+1 monk+1 ring+2 natural
Flat Footed: 19
Touch: 22
Initiative: +5
Ability scores: 15-20-14-8-18-17
Saves: 7/10/4
Speed: 50 feet
BAB/grapple: 6/8
Attacks:
Single: +12 attack, 1d8+4 dmg
Full: +12/+7 attack, 1d8+4 dmg
Flurry: +11/+11/+6 attack, 1d8+4 dmg
Skills: balance -5, climb +10, diplomancy +5, escape artist +14, handle animal +3, hide +5, intimidate +3, know religion and arcane -1, listen +10, move silently +5, ride +5, sense motive -10, spot +7, swim +5, tumble +14
Feats:
stunning fist
fiery fist
fiery ki defense
improved unarmed strike
weapon focus, unarmed strike
weapon specialization, unarmed
intuitive strike
extra stunning
versatile unarmed strike
ring the gold bell
weakening touch
Iron fist
Special abilities:
flurry of blows
evasion
still mind
ki strike - ten charges
purity of mind
slow fall 30 feet
Equipment:
cursed bunnysuit - 6000 gp
handy havorsack - 2000 gp
bedroll - 1sp - 5
blanket - 5sp - 3
candle - 1 cp
ten flask - 10 sp
manacles,master work - 50 gp - 2
mirror - 10 gp - .5lb
ball gag - 1gp
dildos - 5 gp
blindfold - 1 sp
10 trail rations - 10 gp
rope, silk - 10 gp- 5
soap - 5 gp - 1 lb
water skin - 1 gp - 1 lb
tent - 5 gp - 10 lb
clit ring of ac +1 - 2000 gp
enduring collar - 1500 gp
bracelet of healing - 750 gp
650 gp left
Languages: common, illiterate.

ulthakptah

DGblitz

Mat Cauthon   Lvl 6 Rogue/Fighter Human
Neutral Alignment

Hp: 50
AC: 18 = 10 base + 3 dex + 5 armor
Touch: 13
Flat Footed: 15
Initiative: +3
Ability scores: 18 str, 17 dex, 15 con, 17 int, 12 wis, 11 cha
Saves: 7 Fort, 8 Reflex, 3 Will
Speed: 30 feet
BAB/grapple: +6/+10
Weapons:

+1 Talenta Sharrash (Ashandarei)    +12    1d10+9      19-20/x4    Slashing
(Range of 5-15 ft, with Short Haft and Long Strike Feats)

Skills:
Appraise             12 (14 when Merchants Scale used)
Balance                5
Bluff                     9
Decipher Script   12
Disable Device    14
Listen                 10
Move Silently      10
Open Lock          14
Search                12
Sense Motive      10
Sleight of Hand   12
Spot                    10
Use Rope            12 (14 with silk rope)

Feats:

Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Talenta Sharrash)
Weapon Focus (Talenta Sharrash)
Weapon Specialization (Talenta Sharrash)
Combat Expertise
Improved Feint
Short Haft
Long Strike
Pole Balance (+4 against bull rush and trip, +4 balance)

Special Abilities:

Trapfinding
Trap Sense +2
Evasion
Uncanny Dodge
Sneak Attack +3d6

Languages:

Common
Elven
Dwarven
Gnome

Equipment:
Handy Haversack                2,000 gp
Called Elven Chain               6,150 gp
Hat of Disguise                    1,800 gp
+1 Talenta Sharrash           2,318 gp
Bedroll
Blanket
Tent
Waterskin (2)
Soap
Signet Ring (Foxhead)
Rope, silk (50 ft)
Thieves' tools, masterwork
Scale, merchants
Flint and Steel
Candles (10)
Masterwork Manacles, with amazing lock
Set of Dice

Remaining Money: 395 gp, 3 sp

DG's ONs & OFFs

BigBuckBob

No time at the moment, but I wsh to toss my hat in as a rogue/ranger
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

NicciKotor

Quote from: BigBuckBob on February 21, 2011, 09:44:17 AM
No time at the moment, but I wsh to toss my hat in as a rogue/ranger

Two rogues in a gestalt party = KABOOM!

Ershin

Mind if I ask something Ulth? You've said that any Wizards book or Dragon magazine article can be used to create a character, but are there any limitations on that? I can only imagine what kind of havoc a Pixie//Psion/Thrallherd would wreak, flying about with greater invisiblity 24/7, manifesting silently with a swathe of minions at its disposal (hypothetical, not actually asking to create such a monstrous thing).

Additionally, since you're allowing LA to be taken on one side of the gestalt, what's your stance on monstrous races that may have a certain squick factor to other players (such as a centaurs, or gnolls)? Again, not asking to play them, simply curious.

ulthakptah

Well the way I see it is that no character can be made without any weaknesses. You see, when a player makes a character they have to be ready for whatever the DM throws at them. The DM on the other hand knows everything about a player and can just make a situation that plays on their weaknesses. It's like if we were playing cards together, but you have to always show me your hand, and I get to pick which cards are in mine. So yes, you could make a Pixie//Psion/Thrallherd wreak havoc, but I would just make a metaphorical flyswatter to kill you with.

As for things that make people squick, I allow whatever. So if you feel the need to make a gnoll that likes getting pounded by centaurs, that's cool. Just don't expect the other player to join in on your reindeer games. Also it would be good to tell me if the character you make would push the game into the extreme section of the forum. I don't want to put it in the exotic section then later have to move it.

Videospirit

I was thinking of joining the previous one but it filled up while I was making up my mind. I'm jumping on this one.

ulthakptah

You should make you sheet fast. The game hasn't been open for even a day and two players already have finished characters.

Ershin

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 21, 2011, 02:54:07 PMSo yes, you could make a Pixie//Psion/Thrallherd wreak havoc, but I would just make a metaphorical flyswatter to kill you with.
I don't want to put it in the exotic section then later have to move it.

As I said, those were just hypothetical, mostly out of curiosity (especially the gnoll/centaur thing. I never meant that specific scenario. Squick indeed). That said, making a Thrallherd is always incredibly tempting when Psionics are allowed. Going slightly further into that class, would the Thrall be treated as an NPC and played by the DM if that PRC is used, or would the player get to fully control it? Then again, having a second character at all may be enough to overshadow another PC, even in a gestalt game (possibly even if the Thrall itself wasn't a gestalt or one of the generic classes from Unearthed Arcana). I'd had an interesting idea to use the Thrall to simulate the Dvati race from the Dragon Compendium (ie, being a generally unpowered twin of the Thrallherd), but on reflection it was simply a bad idea.

That said, may I have permission to apply and build some sort of Factotum // Psion?

ulthakptah

No need to be embarrassed, there's nothing wrong with being curious about gnolls and centaurs,(If you can't tell by now I'm just teasing). Factotum // Psion sounds fine, just like with the leadership feat the DM controls your follower/thralls.

Videospirit

I'm going as fast as I can captain, but the engines can't give anymore.

Stats are 16 16 13 13 12 11 +7... my minimum acceptable level. How are you going to be handling multiclass penalties if any?

Thinking Psychic warrior for one of the classes. And considering Crusader and knight for the other.

ulthakptah

I don't know. See I don't actually dish out exp, I just level up players when I think it's appropriate. Now that shouldn't give a person a free pass to ignore multiclass penalties, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I could take away gold for every level or skill points, or health.

Ershin

With some incredibly lucky rolls for stats using the (7d10+8)b6 method in the first post (18, 18, 17, 15, 14, 12 and one throw-away 10) and some less than perfect (though acceptable) rolls for HP, please find attached one Millien Vitols, human Factotum//Psion. Still considering an item list, shopping seems to be the hardest thing to do.

If you would prefer I took the Thrallherd PRC out of the equation for this due to extra the extra GM/DM management involved in such a thing, that would be perfectly acceptable and easy enough to edit. Likewise the Font of Inspiration feat located in there, not sure if feats from the WotC site are actually acceptable or not.

Also, may I ask your ruling on whether or not the Factotum's Brain Over Brawn ability affects Initiative? On one hand it's a dexterity roll and is affected by the Marshal's cha-mod-to-dex-check aura in the Miniatures Handbook, on the other I don't think it specifically says anywhere that it's a dex check.

Keelan

I count three chars up... how many are you looking for?  If it's 4-5, I'll be throwing my hat in (if I can), though it would be by tomorrow that my character would be done most likely.

Oh, and I did stats in one rolling, so it's... https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=22979 with all of them at +8 to give me 12,15,15,15,16,16 which is not a bad setup by any means.

ulthakptah

Ershin: very cute picture, I don't mind the extra work with the thrallherd and I'll say that Brain Over Brawn affects Initiative. Do you want to make your thrall or do you just want me to make it?

Keelan: Let's say 4-5, I'm not in a big rush to start the game tonight so I can wait till tomorrow. Then I guess I'll pick the characters I liked the most and start the game.

Edit:Nicci, Ershin, and DGblitz are safe and shouldn't worry about people taking their spots.

Ershin

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 21, 2011, 05:49:48 PM
Ershin: very cute picture, I don't mind the extra work with the thrallherd and I'll say that Brain Over Brawn affects Initiative. Do you want to make your thrall or do you just want me to make it?

Well, I honestly wouldn't mind making it. Building characters is one of the most fun aspects of the game to me besides the actual role playing, though do you have any preferences as to what the Thrall should be, or any rules it should follow? Such as it being a single-class character rather than gestalt or multiclass, using 6(3d6) instead of 7(1d10+8)b6 for stats, or not using "advanced" classes such as druids, wizards, (or possibly Tome of Battle / Tome of Magic / Magic of Incarnum classes) etc?
Also, since you'll be taking charge of it do you have a gender or race preference?

ulthakptah

I see no reason why it shouldn't be made to the same specifications as one of the players. The only difference I would say is that because thralls basically has a weaker minds that you dominated and took over making them love and worship you, that they should only have class levels with bad will saves, and wisdom should be a dump stat. Other than that do what you want. I do feel more comfortable controlling males, but as the DM I will have to control females at some point, so whatever you do choose is fine. Along with the thrall's sheet I would like some information on how you want your thrall to act. Like if you want it to be like an adoring fan, faithful bodyguard, maid, or butler, so on so forth. Also you can make up the background of the thrall too.

Videospirit

This should be alright now.

Character Name: Braal Jetstone  Player: Videospirit
Class & Level: Paladin 2/Knight 2/Fighter 2 | Psychic Warrior 5
Race: Half Giant
Alignment: LG
Deity: Aaluran
XP: 15000/21000

Mod
STR:18   +4
DEX:14  +2
CON:14  +2
INT:11  +0
WIS:14  +1 Raised +1 4th
CHA:13    +1

HP: 51/51 
AC: 21(10+ 9 armour + 2 dexterity)
Initiative: -4

Languages: Common

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +8 (+5 Base, +2 CON +1 Cha)
Reflex: +5 (+2 Base, +2 DEX + +1 Cha)
Will: +7 (+4 Base, +2 WIS + +1 Cha)

Base Attack Bonus: +6/+1
Melee attack: +12/+7(2d6+6)
Grapple: +14 (+6 Base Atk, +4 STR, +4 size)
Trip: +13 (+4 strength +4 size + 4 Feat +1 Trait)
Movement: 30 feet *4 running

SKILLS:
+5 Craft(Alchemy) 5
+3 Spellcraft 3
+3 Knowledge(Arcana) 3
+1 Craft(Weaponsmithing) 1

Traits:
1: Musclebound

Flaws:
1: Unreactive
2: Inattentive

FEATS:
1:Combat Reflexes
Fl1: Supernatural Instincts
Pw1:Combat Expertise
Pw2:Improved Trip
3:Ancestral Relic
Fl2: Mage Slayer
Fi1: Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Spiked Chain)
Fi2: Power Attack
K: Mounted combat
6: Hold the Line
Pw5: Weapon Focus(Spiked Chain)

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Stomp 1/day: Manifester 3rd DC: 12
Fire Acclimated: +2 to saves against fire
Aura of Good(Moderate)
Detect Evil(Sp) At will
Smite Evil(Su) 1/day: +1 hit/+2 damage against an evil creature
Divine Grace(Su): Bonus to all saves equal to Cha bonus
Lay on Hands(Su): 2 points/day

Powers Known:
1: Expansion, bite of the Wolf, Vigor
2: Psionic Lion's Charge, Body Adjustment

Power Points Reserve:

Race: Half giant
Type: Giant
Size: Medium
Naturally Psionic: +2 power points
Powerful Build: Can choose to be treated as 1 size category larger
Favoured Class: Psychic warrior

GEAR:
Face:
Head:
Throat:
Shoulders:
Body:
Torso:
Hands:
Arms:
Waist: Healing Belt
Ring1:
Ring2:
Feet:

Masterwork Large Spiked Chain 350 GP Ancestral Weapon
+1 Mithril Full Plate 11500gp

OTHER POSSESIONS:
Backpack 2gp
belt pouch 1gp
bedroll 1sp
flint and steel 1gp
trail rations 10 days 5gp
Waterskin 1gp
50 ft. silk rope 10gp

Loot:

MONEY:
CP: 0
SP: 9
GP: 379
PP: 0

Goals: A Maiden is being held in a dragon's lair waiting to be rescued? The sisterhood of Chastity is using a powerful artifact to suppress sexual desires throughout the land? The children of the Capulets and the Montagues cannot bring their love to fruition because of their families long standing rivalry? Every cause needs a Paladin, and for Braal Jetstone, Paladin of Aaluran, bringing hope to the sexually repressed is a worthy cause, and these sound like the kind of Jobs for him! He may have drifted from Aaluran's path a little, finding force to be a powerful motivator where words alone are not enough, but he still holds the faith that love conquers all, and no one should be denied the freedom to love.

NicciKotor

Geez, I am gone for 7 hours and this happens. What is with all of these psionics gestalt too? We still don't have any healer or roguish type.

ulthakptah

Keelan

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 21, 2011, 07:44:51 PM
How is a fighter/rogue not roguish?
Second that; sounds superbly roguish to me >.>

As for healer, I was considering something with Cleric in it anyway, so that's not an issue assuming I get accepted.  Maybe Monk/Cleric (running off of wisdom), Ranger/Cleric, or possibly even a Variant Paladin (not LG)/Cloistered Cleric, just for the hell of it.  Not entirely set in stone yet, but it's an idea.

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 21, 2011, 07:44:51 PM
How is a fighter/rogue not roguish?

Exactly! Roguish as in personality, which he should be doing well enough.

Delta Echo

Hmmm. Is there room for a ninja//sorceress perhaps?
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Videospirit

I've added a little bit of background detail to give you a better idea of what kind of character Braal is supposed to be.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Videospirit on February 21, 2011, 09:36:21 PM
I've added a little bit of background detail to give you a better idea of what kind of character Braal is supposed to be.

I'd think you'll just love my bunny. She just looks so perfectly helpless and adorable! Until you annoy her enough, then flurry of nut shots followed by a fist that is on fire followed on top of a stunning fist, to the face!

Her background is simple enough. She wanted a sexy bunnygirl outfit, so she bought it in one of the less respectable parts of town. Turns out it was cursed quite badly, and she cannot find anyone powerful enough to remove it without giggling at her. At which point the beatings start, and around there is when the negotiations stop.

She denies it out in the open that she is an outright whore, while still wanting it in private. Rue the day though, and rue it good, if you make her secret public! That she enjoys the naughtiness of it. So she tries her best to look helpless and frightened in public, not wanting to get any more attention then is needed already!

Videospirit

You mean there is a lovely maiden cursed with the inability to disrobe? What horrible person devised such a creation! Come, we must seek out those in power immediately to remedy this travesty!

NicciKotor

She can disrobe enough to expose her chest to anyone, and enough at her crotch to do get sexed up in both holes. She is perfectly able to get a nice romp in at any time.

Videospirit

Phew, you had me worried there for a second. We can take our time getting you uncursed. It is still a priority though, however low. A romp in a bunny suit and a romp in a birthday suit are slightly different, and being limited to just one of the two is unfair to you!

I wouldn't be surprised if our characters already knew each other at the start of the game.

NicciKotor

That is up to the DM. Also you would have to fight it out with the fighter/rogue in the party for my interests. She has certain... kinky kinks... that she enjoys more then others.

Videospirit

Oh, I wouldn't have to be your lover or anything just to know you, but yeah it's up to the GM. It's hard to compete with the use rope skill anyway :).

NicciKotor

Quote from: Videospirit on February 21, 2011, 10:35:57 PM
Oh, I wouldn't have to be your lover or anything just to know you, but yeah it's up to the GM. It's hard to compete with the use rope skill anyway :).

I'd expect the two of you to fight it out for my interests.

Kunoichi

Question: If I were to play as a race with both level adjustment and racial hit dice in this game, would I be able to apply the racial hit dice to one side, and the LA to the other?

I ask because I'm interested in playing a Succubus, and they're got both a +6 LA and 6 Outsider HD...

NicciKotor

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 10:56:06 PM
Question: If I were to play as a race with both level adjustment and racial hit dice in this game, would I be able to apply the racial hit dice to one side, and the LA to the other?

I ask because I'm interested in playing a Succubus, and they're got both a +6 LA and 6 Outsider HD...

Use savage species. It has levels for monster races, including succubi.

Kunoichi

...I'd really rather not, if I can help it. ^^; For one thing, it'll delay getting into the prestige class that I want to get into for a good six or so levels.

Edit: Well, actually, I suppose what it would really do is allow me to start out with one level in the prestige class I want, since this is a gestalt game, but I'd really rather start out as a full succubus and go from there...

Videospirit

If anything, starting out with outsider HD/la instead of class levels/la and class levels/HD is going to make a weaker character than a stronger one so I don't see why it would be discouraged.

Outsider HD are pretty badass as far as species HD go though, I think Dragon HD are the only thing better.

Keelan

My concern is whether or not it would be CE or not... because if it is it REALLY won't work well with our Paladin... or my Paladin and/or Cleric character...

NicciKotor

Quote from: Keelan on February 21, 2011, 11:17:20 PM
My concern is whether or not it would be CE or not... because if it is it REALLY won't work well with our Paladin... or my Paladin and/or Cleric character...

Good point. She could be a reformed succubi. I've certainly toyed around with the idea.

ulthakptah

She could just get a mask of lies and none of you would be the wiser.

Anyway I think I leave it up to the players whether or not that should be allowed.

Kunoichi

Oh, there's a Paladin?

Well, my backup idea was a Hound Archon, and as an alternative, I could spend quite a bit of money on a Hat of Anonymity, or some other item that provides a constant Nondetection effect...

My basic idea is to enter into the Fiend of Possession PrC, so I'm not sure it would work for a 'reformed' Succubus. ^^; I certainly wouldn't mind trying to play one if the DM would allow it, though.

Edit: And since the DM's weighed in, I'd like to reiterate that I'm planning on going into the Fiend of Possession PrC as soon as we level.  Since it's one of the more powerful options for prestige classes out there, I feel a definite need to run that choice by you, to make sure it's okay.

Fiend of Possession is in the Fiend Folio, if you've never heard of it before.  It's a 3.0 book, but it received a 3.5 update, so it's legal to use in a 3.5 game.

Videospirit

Oh man, here I am encouraging the character, forgetting my own "Cannot knowingly associate with evil" character trait. Just being a reformed succubus wouldn't be enough anyway, she'd need the masked alignment item even than. That [Evil] subtype is such a nuisance!

Kunoichi

And yet so necessary to playing a Fiend of Possession...

If she's reformed, perhaps I could make her an antihero-type who uses evil powers to good ends, or something like that?

NicciKotor

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 11:29:03 PM

If she's reformed, perhaps I could make her an antihero-type who uses evil powers to good ends, or something like that?

If you want to just annoy the pally, go tiefling. Heaven forbid that we have a pally in the party that isn't getting harassed.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Given that the post linked to in the opening post for rules includes the statement that 36 point buy can be used as an alternative to rolling, would I be able to use the following 36 point array for stats: 10, 10, 12, 14, 14, 18?  After succubus racial adjustments, it would come out to:

STR: 12
DEX: 14
CON: 16
INT: 20
WIS: 14
CHA: 34

And the character's going to be pretty much entirely Cha-based, so... ^^;

Keelan

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 11:29:03 PM

That... that might be feasible.  For me it's not so much the level of power, but moreso the fact that having an Evil character in the party may very well cause undue conflict, especially with the Paladin we have so far.  Having a group of several Lawful and/or Good characters with a single Evil character could be a source of inter-party conflict.  I really wouldn't want to have it come to 'everyone slay the evil bitch who was once our ally' after she offs somebody or betrays someone else in the party >.>

Quote from: NicciKotor on February 21, 2011, 11:31:14 PM
If you want to just annoy the pally, go tiefling. Heaven forbid that we have a pally in the party that isn't getting harassed.
I'm all for making party dynamics interesting, but again let's try to make it so the Paladin doesn't have to make our total number of allies smaller via violent action in one form or another

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 11:32:46 PM
Holy shit that's powerful...
Hmm.  Given that the post linked to in the opening post for rules includes the statement that 36 point buy can be used as an alternative to rolling, would I be able to use the following 36 point array for stats: 10, 10, 12, 14, 14, 18?  After succubus racial adjustments, it would come out to:

STR: 12
DEX: 14
CON: 16
INT: 20
WIS: 14
CHA: 34

And the character's going to be pretty much entirely Cha-based, so... ^^;
Holy shit that's powerful... o.o *makes note to have a VERY high Will Save*

NicciKotor

100% true story. I was running a real life gestalt game, and we had a pally/sorcerer in the party. I had them trekking through the underdark and needed to enter a drow city. So the problem of trying to get a pally that stank of good into a drow city, without them either killing or kidnapping him, became quite the issue.

So the only logical solution was to tie him up in a gimp suit and tell the drow that he was a pet.

Before that, I gave the party some loot, and in it was a portable bath tub. The truename mage and that pally got into a half hour argument over who got to get it. The pally argued that he was nobility, so peasant begone! The truename mage countered by being naked and being in the tub already, so home field advantage.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Keelan on February 21, 2011, 11:38:50 PM
That... that might be feasible.  For me it's not so much the level of power, but moreso the fact that having an Evil character in the party may very well cause undue conflict, especially with the Paladin we have so far.  Having a group of several Lawful and/or Good characters with a single Evil character could be a source of inter-party conflict.  I really wouldn't want to have it come to 'everyone slay the evil bitch who was once our ally' after she offs somebody or betrays someone else in the party >.>

Oh, trust me, even when I stick evil characters into a party of good characters, making sure that they're willing to work with the group is rather important to me.

In this particular case, aside from the antihero angle, one of the other character interpretations I've got involves a succubus who leans more towards the chaotic side of her alignment, rather than the evil side.  She'd basically have decided to go adventuring for the entertainment value, and I'd have her stick with the group because she finds them to be interesting people.

I'm all for making party dynamics interesting, but again let's try to make it so the Paladin doesn't have to make our total number of allies smaller via violent action in one form or another

Agreed. ^^;

Holy shit that's powerful... o.o *makes note to have a VERY high Will Save*

Well, Paladins of Freedom are immune to compulsion effects...

Videospirit

It's not like I'm completely opposed to falling at some point. It's not like those 2 levels of paladin abilities are really going a long way for me :).

Kunoichi

I dunno.  At-will Detect Evil and Cha to saves can be pretty awesome to have.  I'm tempted to take Paladin levels opposite the Fiend of Possession levels, myself, but they'd have to be Paladin of Slaughter levels and I really don't want to deal with that particular code of conduct...

Keelan

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 11:42:57 PM
Oh, trust me, even when I stick evil characters into a party of good characters, making sure that they're willing to work with the group is rather important to me.

In this particular case, aside from the antihero angle, one of the other character interpretations I've got involves a succubus who leans more towards the chaotic side of her alignment, rather than the evil side.  She'd basically have decided to go adventuring for the entertainment value, and I'd have her stick with the group because she finds them to be interesting people.
Again, that could work too.  I'd say that as long as inter-party conflict can be avoided, then my concerns are greatly lessened.  Never been as fond of evil characters regardless, but if you can make it work then go for it.

QuoteWell, Paladins of Freedom are immune to compulsion effects...
True true, though I was thinking of making a LN character instead of CG (what I usually play)

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 11:46:57 PM
I dunno.  At-will Detect Evil and Cha to saves can be pretty awesome to have.  I'm tempted to take Paladin levels opposite the Fiend of Possession levels, myself, but they'd have to be Paladin of Slaughter levels and I really don't want to deal with that particular code of conduct...
Agreed, for reasons I've given already.  If you found a way to make her a different alignment though there are Paladins of every sort out there because of the Dragon Magazines

Kunoichi

Well, going the antihero route does at least give me a mental image of a succubus acting like Batman, which I find absolutely hilarious... xD

If the DM will allow a creature with the Chaotic and Evil subtypes and the Lawful Good alignment, I think I'll go for it.

Keelan

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 21, 2011, 11:56:33 PM
Well, going the antihero route does at least give me a mental image of a succubus acting like Batman, which I find absolutely hilarious... xD

If the DM will allow a creature with the Chaotic and Evil subtypes and the Lawful Good alignment, I think I'll go for it.
Hm... Batman always struck me as Chaotic Good instead...

Anyway, if it helps the matter, his is a WotC crafted Succubus Paladin to add credit to the cause!  http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20050824a

Kunoichi

Nope, he's definitely lawful.  He has a strict code of ethics and morals which he holds to, no matter what.

I often see him put up as the perfect example of how a Lawful Good Rogue or Paladin/Rogue would act, believe it or not. ^^;

NicciKotor

Cleric/rogue is another fun combo for gestalt as well.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  +8 racial to Spot and Listen...

Well, the lookout position is now covered. ;D Of course, Telepathy out to 100 ft means I could cover that via Mindsight, as well.

Videospirit

Well I'm going to bed, maybe this will have started when I finally wake up.

Kunoichi

*is working on a character sheet right now*

And the best part is, the Mask of Lies even fits the character concept perfectly! ^^ Every superhero needs a mask, after all.

DGblitz

At another player's suggestion, the fighter/rogue has been redone, much better now.

DG's ONs & OFFs

NicciKotor

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 22, 2011, 12:36:36 AM
*is working on a character sheet right now*

And the best part is, the Mask of Lies even fits the character concept perfectly! ^^ Every superhero needs a mask, after all.

You could solo the rest of the party and still win. Which is why I am still advocating for savage species progression.

Kunoichi

Only under the same conditions that a well-built Wizard or Sorcerer could at these levels.  As far as actual party dynamics go, I imagine I'll slide rather easily into the debuffer/face/lookout roles, but will want to stay far away from the front lines.  And when I level up and add in the abilities from Fiend of Possession, I'll be able to add buffing to the areas where I can contribute, via providing high-powered magic weapons or armor to another party member, or granting said party member a bonus to a stat of their choice.

Ultimately, I don't really expect to steal the show unless circumstances force me to play extremely intelligently, just to survive.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 22, 2011, 01:03:35 AM
Only under the same conditions that a well-built Wizard or Sorcerer could at these levels.  As far as actual party dynamics go, I imagine I'll slide rather easily into the debuffer/face/lookout roles, but will want to stay far away from the front lines.  And when I level up and add in the abilities from Fiend of Possession, I'll be able to add buffing to the areas where I can contribute, via providing high-powered magic weapons or armor to another party member, or granting said party member a bonus to a stat of their choice.

Ultimately, I don't really expect to steal the show unless circumstances force me to play extremely intelligently, just to survive.

You don't even need to get into a fight in the first place. At will suggestion at DC 25 will save would wreck the entire party before they could even half your hp. With flying and DR 10/cold iron or good, you could still take out the entire party, easy. You don't have to win by beating people up, you can just take them out of combat with suggestion and be done with it.

Having an essential 12th level character does not equate to level 6 gestalt.

Kunoichi

That doesn't come from ordinary Succubi being ECL 12, though.  It comes from the +16 to Charisma that Succubi get, and the Savage Species racial progression would still have an absurdly-high +10 to Charisma at ECL 6.

My character would still have a DC 22 Suggestion spell-like ability, 21 Detect Thoughts, 23 Charm Monster...

It wouldn't really solve the problem, you see?  Especially since I'd probably be adding levels of Bard or Sorcerer onto the other side to double-dip on that ridiculous Charisma score.

Additionally, the fact that I'd be capable of beating the entire party in a fight doesn't necessarily mean that there'll be problems.  For starters, I don't think it's very likely that I'll have the entire party trying to kill me in the first place.  I certainly don't plan to act like an abusive jerk towards my fellow players, or anything like that.

Kunoichi

So, I've been thinking over my feat choices, and I'm debating going for a fear-based build, in keeping with my general concept.  However, the most useful feat combo for fear-based builds is to combine Imperious Command with this Forgotten Realms regional feat called Dreadful Wrath.

Obviously, I'd need DM approval to be able to take it, and aside from that, there's the question of whether or not I'd be able to trigger the Frightful Presence with a casting of a spell-like ability, as well, but if both of those would be allowed, it would definitely help fit the character concept I've come up with...

Edit: Well, I've got a basic build finished, though the feats chosen will likely change depending on the answer given to the above question.

Flicker
Female Lawful Good Succubus Outsider HD//Succubus LA, Level 6, Init +2, HP 45/45, DR 10/Good or Cold Iron, Speed 30 ft
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 6   
(+2 Dex, +9 Natural)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 35
Condition None

ulthakptah

I would say that Dreadful Wrath can be used with a spell-like ability, but you don't meet the prerequisites for it. Also the feats can't really be combined, because Imperious Command only works when you demoralize a foe. Which is when you make an intimidate check to make them shaken.

I just brushed over your sheet and it looks fine. Touch ac of 12 and 45 hp is easy enough to kill.

Kunoichi

I was basically thinking of using Dreadful Wrath one round, and then demoralizing the next.  Since fear effects stack and last the duration of the longest active effect, enemies would either be left cowering for five rounds, or else would cower for one round and then be frightened for four.

The fact that I don't qualify is why I was specifically asking to use it anyway...  But since you say no, I'll just have to look for an alternative.

Edit: ...And now I have the sudden, bizarre urge to take Leadership, in order to get a sidekick.  I'd have to figure out a good sidekick to have though...

ulthakptah

I'm pretty sure that part about it lasting the duration of the longest active effect is wrong. I think it works like once one of the fear effects wears off it just goes down to the amount of fears caused by the other effects.

Anyway I'm going to be start to write the opening post. It may take a while because I'm lazy, but if you were hoping to get in at the last moment your time is running out.

Kunoichi

No, that's definitely how it works.  It's right in the Rules Compendium.  The worst stage of fear lasts until all the effects causing the fear expire.  It's why fear effects can be so powerful when you aren't facing enemies who are immune to it.

*will have her character finished very, very soon*

ulthakptah

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Alu-Demon template, Dragon 355, for a half-succubus...  4 LA, which means that as a follower, she'd get to have LA on one side and class levels on the other...

So, if Flicker drafted in one of her daughters as a sidekick via Leadership, could said daughter also be good-aligned?  Half-Fiends are apparently 'Always Evil', so...

Ershin

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 22, 2011, 05:29:37 PM
Edit: ...And now I have the sudden, bizarre urge to take Leadership, in order to get a sidekick.  I'd have to figure out a good sidekick to have though...
Yessss. Now I don't feel so bad about taking the Thrallherd prestige class.

Kunoichi

Heh.  No need to feel any guilt about that. ;D Sidekicks rock.

Now I just need to stat up mine...  How are cohorts handled, as far as stats and starting wealth go?

ulthakptah

yours is a cohort so just like you made your character, but level four and gets starting gold for a 4th lvl NPC so 3,300

Videospirit

Keelan

Quote from: Videospirit on February 22, 2011, 06:24:41 PM
Oooh. We're almost go time?
Just need to make my gal... been having problems finding something to go well with Cleric weirdly enough >.>

Kunoichi

Prestige class for Cleric, or something that goes well with a Cleric dip?

Keelan

No, I mean the other half of the gestalt.  Ideas that I've gone through have been Paladin/Cleric, Druid/Cleric, and Rogue/Cleric... just been having a tough time pairing it for some reason.  Suggestions?

NicciKotor

We don't really have any kaboom characters yet, which is shocking. Going druid/cleric would allow for some of that. Druids do have some of the best attack spells in the books.

Could also try monk/cleric. Wandering around without any armor and being sexy is always a plus.

Kunoichi

Swordsage/Cleric could work quite well, I think. ^^

Videospirit

Paladin/Cleric gets double the turn undead attempts, full bab, and can make for some crazyness.

Duskblade/Cleric might be neat as well considering it can use spells from any class for its spellstrike.

Other options might be some kind of support class like bard or marshal.

NicciKotor

duskblade/cleric would need her to have high wisdom and intelligence, so not the most efficient spell-casting combo out there.

Could always go for fighter/cleric, just for the feats and more hit points.

Kunoichi

Videospirit

Psychic Warrior/Cloistered Cleric for extra woots

Keelan

Hm... just had an idea... but would everyone be fine with not having a healer in the party if I went another direction?

Videospirit

Well... we're not completely without ways of healing ourselves if it came down to it. I think at least two of us have magic items to heal with. We'd certainly be a bit... stilted in that department but not hopelessly so. What's the succubus planning to take as the other half of her prestige class? A Favoured soul or bard could add a little bit of healing to the mix, although I doubt she'd consider favoured soul since it's save DCs are Wis based.

Kunoichi

Flicker's daughter, Hellion, is going to be a Bard 4.  I'd imagine a Cleric dip and some Crusader in her future.  Flicker herself will probably be taking straight Rogue next to the Prestige class levels, in order to keep her skills up.

Videospirit

What was the other direction you were considering anyway?

Keelan

Monk/Paladin or Swordsage/Paladin, possibly also taking Zen Archery with the latter

Kunoichi

Healing can be handled with a couple of Wands of Cure Light Wounds, really.  I know I'll be getting at least one for Hellion, if she has to gold leftover to afford it after I'm done boosting her Inspire Courage as high as I can. ^^;

Videospirit

The main healing advantage of the cleric is raise dead, ability score restoration, and negative level restoration. I think the Psion might be able to handle some of that.

Kunoichi

So...  Which perform skill do you guys think covers cheerleading?

Keelan

Cheerleading?  hmm... combination sing/dance?

Which reminds me... technically if you have access to the Book of Erotic Fantasy, a Bard can use Bardic Music via Perform (Sexual Techniques) by the book... you can Inspire Courage by masturbating in the middle of battle technically! XD

...which gives me an idea (not for this game... unless you really think I should do it) to make a Bard who does just that...

Kunoichi

xD It works for this character concept...  Except that then it would make Hellion better at sexing people up than her mother.  And we all know that just won't do. :P

Videospirit

Psh, most succubus don't actually get to go all the way that often, a few kisses and their targets are quite dead. She could totally be more skilled under the covers than her mother.

Kunoichi

Yes, but Succubi are also literally the personifications of lust and excess. :P Even if they don't actually engage in sex with mortals too often, it's still hardwired into their very natures.

Kunoichi

So, Bards in Eberron get the ability to trade in new uses of Bardic Music as they level up for certain Bardic Music-related feats from the ECS.  For instance, trading in Inspire Competence for Song of the Heart.

Would it be alright for Hellion to do so, as well?

ulthakptah

Kunoichi

Tada!

Hellion the Witch Girl
Female Neutral Good Alu-Demon Lesser Aasimar Alu-Demon LA//Bard 4, Level 4, Init +1, HP 35/35, DR 5/Magic, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 3   
  Masterwork Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 27
Condition None

NicciKotor

Kunoichi

Flicker can look like whatever she pleases, so pictures wouldn't really work for her.  As for Hellion...  This one, perhaps?  She's basically a typical athletic teenager, only she's got her father's gold eyes, and gets purple hair, bat wings and a tail from her mother.

ulthakptah

Ershin and Kunoichi you two need to pick some languages

Kunoichi

Videospirit

You and your languages!

I speak common!

Kunoichi

And I've got Tongues, meaning that I don't actually care about languages at all. :P

Oh, and I gave Hellion an extra flaw in order to get Versatile Performer, so that she can do some proper cheerleading.  Plus she can sing, play wind instruments, and I took Keelan's advice on Sexual Techniques after all... ;)

Videospirit

Kunoichi

xD I couldn't find any that fit Flicker, but Light Sensitivity and Vulnerable are both seeing excellent use on Helli.

Videospirit

I can see some that could work for Braal, but I'm not sure it would actually help to get more feats before third level. Most of the ones I'd pick need +3 bab or more. Mind if he picks one or more up after third level?

ReijiTabibito

I learned about this game through Kuno, and while I've never done Gestalt before, I'm certainly interested!  How does either a Dragonfire Adept/Cleric of Bahamut or a Swordsage/Cleric of Olidammara sound?

Keelan

Either sounds fine honestly; I was previously going to make a cleric, but couldn't make it work well on my end, so if you want to take up the reigns of it then by all means ^_^

Kunoichi

Hmm, Dragonfire Adept could make for a very interesting build.  Especially if you take Entangling Exhalation...

ulthakptah

Videospirit

Are the 5 You're talking about... Kunoichi, NicciKotor, DGblitz, Ershin and I? And what does that mean for the 2 who've shown interest but don't have a character?

ulthakptah

I will change it to six, or seven if their characters are good

Xillen

People never seem to want to play the healer :P

NicciKotor

Keelan

It's not a matter of not wanting to so much as I was having trouble making an idea out gestalt-wise involving cleric that didn't overlap with other characters' niches in the party.  Hence where all the issues on my end were coming from >.>

Xillen

Quote from: NicciKotor on February 23, 2011, 12:14:22 AM
I play them too much.

I ended up playing them in both D&D games I'm currently in.

I could prolly cough up another if you guys are looking for another healer.

Keelan

Actually, I'm working on one now, since I finally found inspiration for one, so you don't need to worry about it.

Kunoichi

NicciKotor

Quote from: Xillen on February 23, 2011, 12:16:20 AM
I ended up playing them in both D&D games I'm currently in.

I could prolly cough up another if you guys are looking for another healer.

Speaking of which, post faster fool!

*Whip crack crack!*

Kunoichi

Hmm, now there's an interesting thought...

Suppose I wrote my posts in the first-person perspective, but the person whose perspective they were written from was Helli?  I think that's called a 'second-person narrative', or something like that, and it seems like something I'd enjoy trying...

Videospirit

You got me switching to 1st person. Hopefully I don't go nuts because I'm not using it for any of my other roleplays.

Videospirit

How late do the rest of you normally stay up? I'm usually asleep by now.

DGblitz

It's about 2:30 am est here, and aside from those rare times I have to work mornings, usually I'm up until 3 or 4 am est

DG's ONs & OFFs

Kunoichi

My sleep schedule is completely messed up right now, so I'm not tired at all. ><; I'm going to have to take my leave very soon, though.

Videospirit

Any theories as to what the roleplay title is a reference to?

Kunoichi

Videospirit

OH dear... that mindblast of theirs is such a nasty ability. I was part of a total pk once because a lone mindflayer dropped everyone but the cleric in the first round with that.

NicciKotor

Kunoichi

Eh, we've got plenty of people with good Will saves here, I think we'll be fine.

You should probably get some sleep then, Nicci. ^^;

NicciKotor

I got terrible will save, thanks to cursed bunnysuit.

I don't think the title means anything about Illithids.

DGblitz

Good *breathes a sigh of relief* I'm pretty sure my will is lower than yours, so I'd be in just as much trouble with that. *curses that will is the weak save for the fighter/rogue*

DG's ONs & OFFs

Kunoichi

Looks like we'll all be investing in Cloaks of Resistance in the future, then... :P

ulthakptah

Well I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow I'm going to post some sort of end of the line, not turning back post. Normally players are indecisive and will want to change things after the game started, and I usually let them. Not this time, after I post the before mentioned post, there will be no changes. No swapping out feats, no oh, I wanted this magical item instead of that one, and no changing of your spells. I'm not even going to let you buy the mundane items you forget to get, so make sure you have everything you need. I'm giving you fair warning.

Xillen

Quote from: Keelan on February 23, 2011, 12:17:27 AMActually, I'm working on one now, since I finally found inspiration for one, so you don't need to worry about it.

Ok, was just offering. I don't mind filling niches.

But yeah, I think if there's no niche in demand of getting filled, I don't think Ult is actively recruiting. If that changes, feel free to mention.

ReijiTabibito

*chuckles at moans about low saves*

I didn't pick Cleric/Swordsage just for giggles, you know.  :P

Videospirit

I shouldn't be picking anything new up myself. I'd like confirmation that my sheet as is is alright though, since I grabbed a flaw at third level in the current setup to mark a... slight distraction that arose after straying somewhat from the dedicated path of the Paladin, rather than just starting at 1st with the flaw.

Also, will we be limited to one prestige class period, or one prestige class at a time? I was thinking of grabbing some levels in Exotic Weapons Master at some point, but basically need to prestige because of the multiclass to save you from worrying about xp penalties if we make it to level 10 or so, and have another prestige class in mind for the bulk of my levels.

ulthakptah

flaws are fine, only one prestige class at a time, but you can have as many as you want.

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 23, 2011, 11:33:54 AM
flaws are fine, only one prestige class at a time, but you can have as many as you want.

Is there is a list of flaws somewhere? I am not versed well in those, and Mikuru might as well have some.

Videospirit

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm

And while we're at it

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm

Since I took one of those too.

Which reminds me, does my trait lower my initiative by another 2 points? Not that I'm particularly concerned about that.

Videospirit

Keelan got posted before Ershin huh... Wonder what's going on with Ershin.

Ershin

Work schedule (overtime today), time zone and a general inability to decide on items. That last bit's been cleared up, though due to the first two faults it'll roughly be another 17 hours as of this post until I'll be able to organise everything neatly and post again. Character's up now, thrall to be posted when I get home from work.

Kunoichi

So, here's a new question:

It's canon in D&D that Succubi get to choose whether or not they get pregnant when having sex in female form.  I haven't been able to find out during my research on Alu-Demons whether they share this ability or not, however.

Would it be alright for Helli to also have this ability?  It would definitely make things a lot more convenient...

ulthakptah

Videospirit

I thought that was an ability all creatures with the "outsider" type shared? Unless they were mating with another outsider who wanted them to get pregnant.

Kunoichi

Really?  Can you remember where you heard or read that? ^^; I can believe it would apply to some types of outsiders, but not others...

Videospirit

Book of Erotic Fantasy. It's not actually wotc though so it may be non canon. Anyway it says if two creatures that can choose whether or not they become/get their partner pregnant have different opinions, they make opposed will saves and the one that wins gets their way in the matter.

They don't actually say "All outsiders" but every outsider they do list in the book and all of the fey as well have that ability.

Xillen

Ult> You're still looking for people to fill a certain niche? Nikki said some niches were lacking, I think.

Kunoichi

Actually, I think we've got most of our bases pretty well-covered, all things considered.  Our Psion//Factotum is covering the arcane role pretty nicely, and can cover for just about any other area in a pinch, the Ranger//Cleric has healing and archery covered, I've got the 'Face' role pretty much covered and can act as stealth and debuffing when needed, and then the remaining three characters have both front-line and assorted skill-based roles pretty well handled, including Trapfinding and Scouting.

On tope of that, my Cohort is contributing Inspire Courage bonuses to the party, and Ershin's Thrall is probably going to be pretty useful as well.  Overall, I'd say we're good on party roles.

Of course, what that really means is that anyone taking the final slot is free to play whatever they please...

Xillen

I think Ult already had enough people with "general interest". I'm happy to work out a character sheet, though, if I'm wrong about that.

ReijiTabibito

Dear Ulthie,

There is talk in the flavor text of the Swordsage class of the Tome of Battle of a possible unarmed swordsage variant.  This variant drops the Light Armor Proficiency of the Swordsage for the Unarmed Attack Progression (and just that) of the Monk.

Would this trade off be acceptable?  I only ask because it is an alternative, I still have a character if you say no.

Also, the feat Intuitive Strike in Book of Exalted Deeds requires GM permission to take....

Yours Truly,

ReijiTabibito, player of Treguard Dunshelm, Swordsage and Cleric of Fharlanghn

Kunoichi

More specifically, Intuitive Attack is an Exalted feat, and those require DM permission to take when not granted by something like Vow of Poverty, at least according to the BoED.

It's basically the melee version of Zen Archery, though, so it certainly wouldn't be overpowered...

Videospirit

Swordsage losing light armor proficiency would be amusing since they only get wis to AC while wearing light armour.

ReijiTabibito

True.  But a variant of the Cleric, called the Cloistered, gets Light Armor Proficiency.

For reference, the Cloistered Cleric gets a bit more in the ways of knowledge in exchange for martial proficiency.  Cloistereds only get Light Armor and Simple Weapon Proficiency, but they all get the Knowledge Domain, regardless of Deity, and they also get the Lore ability, which is like Bardic Knowledge, except using the Cleric level instead of Bard level.

Kunoichi

And of course, the Unarmed Swordsage only loses its armor proficiency, meaning that it still is able to use all Simple and Martial melee weapons...

ReijiTabibito

Also, for some reason, Swordsages don't get Spot as a Class skill, despite the fact that they get Listen, and every class I can think of that gets Listen also gets Spot as a Class Skill...it's sort of like giving the Scout class the Trapfinding ability but not giving them Disable Device.

NicciKotor

Hey now, I got intuitive strike, so it is all well and good.

ulthakptah

You're asking if you could trade a class feature for a different class feature, so you could get back the same class feature with the other side of your gestalt? No that isn't okay. I would allow the exalted feat if you qualify for it. However there is six players already, two of which have followers. Every combat is already going to be a large skirmish. I don't think I want another player. The game is already started, as soon as Ershin posts shits going down, and I don't want to wait any longer.

Kunoichi

...That's kind of an intrinsic part of the gestalt rules, though, isn't it?  Every class has its benefits and drawbacks, and you can use one side's benefits to make up for the other side's drawbacks, like combining Fighter and Rogue for good skill points, BAB, Reflex and Fortitude Save, or combining Monk and Wizard and tossing on the Kung Fu Genius feat to make the Monk class features Int-based, and get all sorts of crazy benefits...

Or Monk and Druid, for that matter.  Toss on Intuitive Attack and you basically get a completely Wisdom-dependent build.

ulthakptah

Yes every class does have it's benefits and drawbacks, but you don't get to pick and choose them. He was asking to trade a benefit key to how one of the classes worked for a different benefit, and this wouldn't affect him at all because he would just get it back with just about any other class. Monk's unarmed strike > light armor proficiency.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  In that case, I take it you'd be alright with him getting the Improved Unarmed Strike and Superior Unarmed Strike feats because he has to pay the opportunity cost of two feat slots in exchange for something that's still weaker than the Unarmed Strike of a Monk of the same level?

ulthakptah

Xillen

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 24, 2011, 06:27:59 PMAlso, for some reason, Swordsages don't get Spot as a Class skill, despite the fact that they get Listen, and every class I can think of that gets Listen also gets Spot as a Class Skill...

Check the very first class listed in the regular PHB:

The barbarian’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 24, 2011, 06:41:11 PMHowever there is six players already, two of which have followers. Every combat is already going to be a large skirmish. I don't think I want another player.

If that was aimed at me, no worries. I have a decent amount of games already, and I was only offering my services to fill a specific niche that you might require. Good luck with your game. :-)

Kunoichi

Hooray, Reiji finished his character just in time. ^^

I guess he'll probably have to delete it if it isn't approved, though...