Gallows Green - A small town horror-mystery game. (Recruitment Open!)

Started by Vulnicura, August 09, 2019, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory Dawn

I have an idea for a waitress . . . maybe someone working at the Mothlight Diner AND the Painted Empress? I'll noodle a bit, and if that sounds like a cool concept, I'll get her written up and submitted :D

Vulnicura

Quote from: Ivory Dawn on August 21, 2019, 08:08:48 PM
I have an idea for a waitress . . . maybe someone working at the Mothlight Diner AND the Painted Empress? I'll noodle a bit, and if that sounds like a cool concept, I'll get her written up and submitted :D

Hey! I do have someone else interested in being a waitress at The Mothlight, BUT there's plenty of room for waitresses in town as long as the characters are different enough. :) I haven't heard from the other person in a few days, though. Just wanted to give you the heads up!

Vulnicura

Hey everyone!

We're getting pretty close to capacity for the time being. We could definitely use a few more male characters to round things out about, if anyone is interested. Trans characters are welcome as well. I'll likely be very selective with female characters for the rest of the current storyline.

Thanks for reading. :)

Bezukhov

Quote from: Vulnicura on August 23, 2019, 02:53:12 PM
Hey everyone!

We're getting pretty close to capacity for the time being. We could definitely use a few more male characters to round things out about, if anyone is interested. Trans characters are welcome as well. I'll likely be very selective with female characters for the rest of the current storyline.

Thanks for reading. :)

Aw, crap. I had an idea for a female character, but it seems like I missed the last train. *facepalm*
| ONs & OFFs | Request Thread | always up for brainstorming

Ivory Dawn

I sent this to Vulnicura prior to the embargo on ladies. Your friendly local waitress!

Olivia Burke

Basic Information

Full Name: Olivia Marianne Burke
Nicknames: Liv, Livvie, Olive
Sex: Female
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Physical Description

Face Claim: Lucy Hale
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 135
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Dark brown
Prominent Features or Distinguishing Marks: Three tattoos – a spider on the back of her neck, a triple spiral on her left ankle, and the alchemical symbols for fire, water, air, and earth on the small of her back. A 2” long scar on her right knee.

General Physical Description: Olivia is average height, with dark brown hair in a short bob. She is slender, and typically dresses to hide her perceived lack of curves. Her clothes, when she isn’t working, tend to have geometric patterns in neutral colors, though she does occasionally throw everyone for a loop and wear a color.

She looks delicate, but her waitressing gives her a bit more muscle than it looks like she has. Her makeup is always right, her nails always done, enough to look pretty and get tips, not enough to make the girls whose boyfriends bring them to the Empress think she’s out to take them.

She moves with confident assurance, independent aloofness, and casual grace. She smiles at everyone she sees, because most of them are customers. Some of them get the real smile.

Personality Description

Personality Traits: (Note: At least five traits)

• Personable. Olivia is a generally friendly and outgoing person. She likes people, in general, most of the time.
  • Gentle. The consensus of the town is that Olivia likely wouldn’t harm a fly.
  • Inquisitive. If the town knew how many of their secrets she’s been privy to, they’d be horrified. She listens, always, and will ask questions to get people chatting in the direction to learn something new.
  • Romantic. She likes watching young people on dates, and encouraging the romance as much as she can. She hasn’t yet responded favorably to any approaches made to her, but maybe they haven’t made the right pitch.
  • Cautious. Olivia takes care. It’s what makes her a good waitress. She’s learned hard lessons about being cautious, being careful. She doesn’t like the idea of losing something important because she let her guard down.

• Books and reading
  • New Age/Pagan things (she shops at The Moonstone often)
  • Hiking

Dislikes:

• Centipedes
  • Liars
  • Mushrooms
  • People who criticize single parents

Biography
Olivia was supposed to make it out. She was smart, determined, and her parents, Rita and Will, were ready to say a bittersweet farewell to their only child at the end of her senior year when she would go off to Yale.

But halfway through her senior year of high school, a boy happened. Even now, Rita and Will won’t even say his name, they just call him ‘that bastard’. Olivia, when she talks about him (and that isn’t often) calls him ‘Coop’. The relationship didn’t last long, but it was long enough for Olivia to “get into trouble”, as her parents put it.

She didn’t get to graduate. They sent her away – how 1940s can you get? – for nine months, and when she returned, she no longer wanted to live with them. Her parents didn’t understand, how could they? They sent her away, made her give up her baby, and thought she would want to be around them? She spent two nights at home, then booked a room at the Netherland Inn until she could afford a place of her own.

She works two waitressing jobs: Morning at the Mothlight Diner, evenings at the Painted Empress. She’s saving her money to get out again, maybe to try and find her child again. All she knows is that the baby was a girl, and was adopted by a family within the state. She’s determined to find out, and to bring the child home with her.

Notable Relationships (Note: This can include non-game NPCs)

• Rita Burke – Mother. They don’t talk much, and when they do it often turns into an argument. Lives near the edge of town with Olivia’s father.
  • Will Burke – Father. Teaches algebra at the high school. Tries to stay out the fights between wife and daughter, but actually fully supports Rita’s ideas about what his little Livvie should do.
  • Martha Newton – Boss. Gave Olivia the first of her two waitressing jobs in Gallows Green. Olivia thinks Martha is the kindest, sweetest person ever, and has been trying to drop hints that she would like to take over the diner when Martha decides to retire.
  • Unknown child. Olivia gave birth to a baby girl about 5 years ago, and has been trying to get together the cash to investigate where her child is. She was forced to give the girl up for adoption, and wants to make it right.

Additional Details (Note: Feel free to put whatever you like here. Details not covered by the sheet, additional pictures, you name it.)

Cosmo_ac

I'm not sure where this game is going, but it has gotten my interest.  Do you have room for one more male Char?

BlueEyedBard

Hi there, I sent a message about this character fitting into the story. I just finished him, so I thought I would go ahead and submit him for potential approval.
The semi-unknown stranger, whose car breaks down stranding him in town the night of the parade...

Isaac Dominguez

Basic Information

Full Name: Isaac Dominguez
Nicknames: Maestro Muertos
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Sexual Orientation: Fluid

Physical Description

Face Claim: Marlon Teixeira
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165lbs
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Chestnut
Prominent Features or Distinguishing Marks: Well known by his fans for a general slacker fashion, and wild, unkempt hair.

General Physical Description:
Generally known to have an eclectic sense of fashion that leans toward comfortable and breathable over dressy or stylish. He will often be seen in button up short sleeve shirts, with noticeably nothing underneath, or just a plain jacket.  Shoes are also, often, not essential.

Personality Description

• Dreamer: Whether it's fantasies of grandeur for himself, or his career. Or nightmares of the monsters that he conjures up for his movies, Isaac always has his head in the clouds and rarely remains present on Earth, unless something is really holding his attention.  This can be a real struggle for his crew, actors, even production studios, but it's just part of what makes his style so uniquely his.
  • Silver Tongue: When he is present, he does manage to have one skill useful for keeping him in the horror movie business: the art of sweet talk. Isaac is a talker and a charmer, and when he is passionate about something it's hard for people to turn him down. That's how "The Son of Chupacabra 2" got made.
  • ADD: With a notoriously short attention span and a tendency toward getting distracted at the flip of a coin, everyone who has worked with Isaac know that talking business with him is very hit or miss. Really anything, beyond when he's working on a movie, is a shot in the dark whether you'll have his full, undivided attention, or just 40-60%
  • Occult Knowledge: When you're in the business of making horror movies you end up taking with you a rather vast knowledge of what most people consider "dark", "creepy", and "mysterious". His knowledge of such things even goes beyond the, mostly untrue, scary stories. His scary movie knowledge is also pretty extensive.
  • Secrets: One of the perks of not being one of the A-list celebrities, with the paparazzi always kicking down your door, is that people don't really start digging into your past. Nobody asks Isaac who his parents are, what city in Mexico he was born, or if it even was Mexico. His interviews generally stay concentrated around what blood curdling monster he would feature in his next gore fest.

• Early mornings, and late nights
  • Movies
  • Long, deep conversations about nothing

Dislikes:

• Waste: Food, time, money, resources
  • Extreme conservatism, not to get political but some beliefs rub him the wrong way
  • Taking things too seriously. Sometimes you just gotta stop and watch a horror flick

Biography
'Son of El Chupacabra' 'Frankenstein's Brain' 'The Dogs of Chernobyl' and of course 'Son of Chupacabra 2: Family Reunion'...
For any cult horror movie fanatic worth their salt, these titles would be… somewhere near the middle of the list of must see films, for any movie night focused around films so terrible you can't help but love them. From rubber costumes that you can see the zipper on if you pause at just the right moment, to way too much fake blood, and leading ladies that must have passed the Bram Stoker's school of shrieking women. These films check all the boxes of what any cult snob would want in their collection of movies that their friends definitely had never seen before, and they all, along with many others, were made by the self appointed Maestro Muertos, Isaac Dominguez.

The latin filmmaker, who fancies himself the next Benicio del Toro (even though he is barely an Eli Roth), has existed on the fringes of Hollywood since he was barely twenty. Starting out as an extra in low budget horror movies, his most notable appearance being thirty seconds as "Pizza Boy", in 'Zombie Pool-Party from Hell', Isaac had all the tenacity, gumption, and drive to start pumping out his own low budget schlock for a no name production company, by the time he was twenty five. But what set Isaac's work apart from so many others, was an undeniable passion, even love, for the movies he made. Despite all the cheesy effects, low budget equipment and editing, and extremely niche fan base, the work of Maestro Muertos always had a way of standing out to those who cared enough to watch past the boom mic showing up in the frame.

Not much is known about Isaac Dominguez beyond his life in Hollywood. It is generally believed that he grew up somewhere in Mexico and immigrated to America in order to get into the movie industry. His list of friends if barely known to branch out past his manager and the recurring members of his cast and crew. He is rarely seen going out with anything that could be considered a significant other, but when you're slamming out 2 to 3 straight to dvd movies a year, there's very little time to spend in the relationship department. Most of his romantic encounters amount to super fans at the various conventions and film festivals he attends, and the occasional actress who is very grateful for her first ever movie roll…
...Purely a wrap-party hookup scenario. None of that "casting couch" stuff.

Most of his time that isn't spent making movies, is spent promoting them at the various forums that appreciate his works. Primarily horror cons, and fright fests. The sorts of places true horror fans go to see the stuff that mainstream Hollywood hasn't spoiled with insane money and vapid celebrities. These are the places where Isaac can feel truly appreciated for his mastery of the movie monsters. Before he goes back to renting cheap motels for single nights of shooting, then driving his car across the country to another convention.

• Ricky Alvarez - Isaac's long time manager and best friend. Located back in LA, will primarily exist over phone calls.

Additional Details
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

mizah

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on August 26, 2019, 07:09:46 PM
Hi there, I sent a message about this character fitting into the story. I just finished him, so I thought I would go ahead and submit him for potential approval.
The semi-unknown stranger, whose car breaks down stranding him in town the night of the parade...

Isaac Dominguez

Basic Information

Full Name: Isaac Dominguez
Nicknames: Maestro Muertos
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Sexual Orientation: Fluid

Physical Description

Face Claim: Marlon Teixeira
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165lbs
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Chestnut
Prominent Features or Distinguishing Marks: Well known by his fans for a general slacker fashion, and wild, unkempt hair.

General Physical Description:

Personality Description

• Dreamer: Whether it's fantasies of grandeur for himself, or his career. Or nightmares of the monsters that he conjures up for his movies, Isaac always has his head in the clouds and rarely remains present on Earth, unless something is really holding his attention.  This can be a real struggle for his crew, actors, even production studios, but it's just part of what makes his style so uniquely his.
  • Silver Tongue: When he is present, he does manage to have one skill useful for keeping him in the horror movie business: the art of sweet talk. Isaac is a talker and a charmer, and when he is passionate about something it's hard for people to turn him down. That's how "The Son of Chupacabra 2" got made.
  • ADD: With a notoriously short attention span and a tendency toward getting distracted at the flip of a coin, everyone who has worked with Isaac know that talking business with him is very hit or miss. Really anything, beyond when he's working on a movie, is a shot in the dark whether you'll have his full, undivided attention, or just 40-60%
  • Occult Knowledge: When you're in the business of making horror movies you end up taking with you a rather vast knowledge of what most people consider "dark", "creepy", and "mysterious". His knowledge of such things even goes beyond the, mostly untrue, scary stories. His scary movie knowledge is also pretty extensive.
  • Secrets: One of the perks of not being one of the A-list celebrities, with the paparazzi always kicking down your door, is that people don't really start digging into your past. Nobody asks Isaac who his parents are, what city in Mexico he was born, or if it even was Mexico. His interviews generally stay concentrated around what blood curdling monster he would feature in his next gore fest.

• Early mornings, and late nights
  • Movies
  • Long, deep conversations about nothing

Dislikes:

• Waste: Food, time, money, resources
  • Extreme conservatism, not to get political but some beliefs rub him the wrong way
  • Taking things too seriously. Sometimes you just gotta stop and watch a horror flick

Biography
'Son of El Chupacabra' 'Frankenstein's Brain' 'The Dogs of Chernobyl' and of course 'Son of Chupacabra 2: Family Reunion'...
For any cult horror movie fanatic worth their salt, these titles would be… somewhere near the middle of the list of must see films, for any movie night focused around films so terrible you can't help but love them. From rubber costumes that you can see the zipper on if you pause at just the right moment, to way too much fake blood, and leading ladies that must have passed the Bram Stoker's school of shrieking women. These films check all the boxes of what any cult snob would want in their collection of movies that their friends definitely had never seen before, and they all, along with many others, were made by the self appointed Maestro Muertos, Isaac Dominguez.

The latin filmmaker, who fancies himself the next Benicio del Toro (even though he is barely an Eli Roth), has existed on the fringes of Hollywood since he was barely twenty. Starting out as an extra in low budget horror movies, his most notable appearance being thirty seconds as "Pizza Boy", in 'Zombie Pool-Party from Hell', Isaac had all the tenacity, gumption, and drive to start pumping out his own low budget schlock for a no name production company, by the time he was twenty five. But what set Isaac's work apart from so many others, was an undeniable passion, even love, for the movies he made. Despite all the cheesy effects, low budget equipment and editing, and extremely niche fan base, the work of Maestro Muertos always had a way of standing out to those who cared enough to watch past the boom mic showing up in the frame.

Not much is known about Isaac Dominguez beyond his life in Hollywood. It is generally believed that he grew up somewhere in Mexico and immigrated to America in order to get into the movie industry. His list of friends if barely known to branch out past his manager and the recurring members of his cast and crew. He is rarely seen going out with anything that could be considered a significant other, but when you're slamming out 2 to 3 straight to dvd movies a year, there's very little time to spend in the relationship department. Most of his romantic encounters amount to super fans at the various conventions and film festivals he attends, and the occasional actress who is very grateful for her first ever movie roll…
...Purely a wrap-party hookup scenario. None of that "casting couch" stuff.

Most of his time that isn't spent making movies, is spent promoting them at the various forums that appreciate his works. Primarily horror cons, and fright fests. The sorts of places true horror fans go to see the stuff that mainstream Hollywood hasn't spoiled with insane money and vapid celebrities. These are the places where Isaac can feel truly appreciated for his mastery of the movie monsters. Before he goes back to renting cheap motels for single nights of shooting, then driving his car across the country to another convention.

• Ricky Alvarez - Isaac's long time manager and best friend. Located back in LA, will primarily exist over phone calls.

Additional Details

Oh la la another Hispanic character, I like it <3

I love your character definitely. I’m sure Isaac and Joy will get along pretty well (hopefully)

Welcome aboard :)

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: mizah on August 26, 2019, 09:08:39 PM
Oh la la another Hispanic character, I like it <3

I love your character definitely. I’m sure Isaac and Joy will get along pretty well (hopefully)

Welcome aboard :)
Thanks, I would really look forward to having them get to know each other ^•^
An opportunity for a little amateur reporting  ;D
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Vulnicura

Woof. Busy few days there. Glad to see such interest!

Anyway! Welcome aboard, Ivory!

Cosmo, we do indeed have room for more male characters.

BlueEyedBard, I'll message you as soon as I get the chance to read over your sheet.

Ivory Dawn

Yeah! I'll post her in the Character Sheets thread and then catch up with everyone IC!