News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Shadowrun 3rd

Started by Hunter, January 11, 2010, 11:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Okay, I've tried several times to start a game without success.  This time, I want someone ELSE to gm and let me play.

Saikotsu

I might be willing to gm, though I've had trouble in the past starting shadowrun rp's myself. Feel free to PM me any details.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

Hunter

Oh, I just want to play.  I'm not too particular about background or anything.

Katina Tarask

The '3rd' may have more to do with it than 'Shadowrun.'  I have and would be glad to learn 4th, but I don't have 3rd.

Hikari

I'll play or possibly GM, as necessary.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Hikari

If people are intimidated by the complexity of 3rd Edition or don't have access to the books, that's not such a big deal.  I can help you with the mechanical side of making a character, and coach you through the few difficult aspects of playing one (the only thing that isn't very 'natural' is generally allocating dice pools).

If, on the other hand, you don't like the setting...  well, can't help you there.  I don't like Shadowrun 4's take on the setting, myself.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Callie Del Noire

I like their take on the setting.. it's the mechanics that throw me for a loop. :(

I hated the fact that Otaku's faded.. Technomancers don't..

Saikotsu

ah. I had forgotten that Shadowrun originally started out as something similar to D&D.  I'm familiar with the sega game actually, so I misunderstood.  Guess that takes me out of the running for Gm's (as I lack any materials and knowledge necessary to gm such a game), though if any of you do start a game, I'd be more than happy to join. I'd probably need a bit of help though, but I've always wanted to see how Shadowrun works.

The shadowrun rp's I've tried were stories based off of the sega game.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.