[M/M/M] [Modern - Slice of Life - Love Triangle] The Confessional

Started by Dotley, July 30, 2017, 12:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotley

The Confessional

Genres: Modern, Slice of Life, Romance
Themes: Religion & Spirituality, Crimes & Sin, Guilt & Shame, Morality Issues, Search for Forgiveness, Temptation, Love Triangles

Premise: Father Percy is a good Catholic priest. It's been well over a decade since he left the seminary and started work as a parish priest. He's good at it. Good enough that when it was time to send a priest out to an especially troubled parish in a dangerous neighborhood in a big city Father Percy was considered the ideal candidate for the position. Father Percy got the parish financially back on track and rebuilt the congregation. He helped clean up the neighborhood and reestablished faith in the community. Father Percy didn't do it on his own, but he was certainly a driving force behind the turn around. Maybe he was just a little too good at it because lately he's finding himself with far too much free time. Holding mass, giving last rites, visiting schools and retirement homes, popping in for home visits upon request, and organizing charity events - it just isn't enough anymore. No matter how many appointments he makes or promises he keeps Father Percy is still finding too many hours in the day.

He's started taking a newspaper into the confessional booth with him so he can do the crossword while he's halfhearted listening to confessions and doling out lighthearted penances.

Well, Father Percy is trying to be a good priest. It's just becoming increasingly difficult to be good when there's no real badness out there for him to rally against. The truth is that lately he's started to slack off on the job. He's distracted and he doesn't have his usual zeal or passion. It isn't that he's lost his faith in God. His religious belief is stronger than ever. It's just that he's...bored. The parish's coffers are full and the suggestion box is empty. Church attendance is up, but it's not like people are lining up outside the door to get inside either. The crime in the neighborhood is at an all time low. Things are fine. Everything is fine and it has been for years.

And then they show up.

Two of his parishioners begin confessing disturbing things to him in the confessional booth. Now the priest doesn't have to pray away the boredom of normalcy or the drudgery of success as the very explicit sins and even more specific crimes that his two parishioners confess to him might very well end up getting Father Percy killed. But at least he isn't bored anymore, right?

More Info

• Sometimes I post daily, but sometimes it might be a week or two before I reply. And when real life happens it happens. I’m looking for a writing partner that will be content with a relaxed pace for the story.
  • Forum only. I'll use AIM and PMs for chatter and plotting, but not for fully writing out scenes.
  • At this time I'm only interested in writing the priest. I'm seeking someone to take on the role of writing two of his parishioners. My writing partner has freedom in creating them. Names, appearances, personalities, etc. Age wise my preference is older rather than younger as the priest himself will be in his mid thirties. However, I don't expect my writing partner to write out the whole cast. As I'm asking for someone to play two out of three main characters I'm more than happy to take on responsibility for writing most of the supporting cast.
  • Basically I'm looking to explore a story of a priest that finds himself as the spiritual adviser for two of his parishioners that are doing very awful, terrible, sinful and even illegal things in their personal and/or professional lives. What sins and crimes they are committing is of course open for discussion and negotiation. Eventually I'd like to see the priest's relationship develop into something of a love triangle as he gets to know the parishioners.
  • Plot VS Smut. I'm not looking for this to be a sex romp, but I'm also not looking for it to be totally smut-free either. I'd just prefer for it to be a slow-burn. The priest takes his vow of celibacy and promise of chastity seriously so he's not going to break it on a whim. I'd like to focus the plot more on the character's relationship with each other as it develops over time and really explore the taboo of lusting after a man of the cloth and the struggle of a priest developing inappropriate feelings for members of his congregation. Anything sexy or kinky will need a proper and plausible build-up.
  • I’m happy to rework the premise and add in brand new elements according to my partner’s interests. We’ll just have to talk about it! I want to collaborate on a story beyond what has been laid out so far.

Please PM me if this idea tickles your interest. Don't post in this thread. Thanks!

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."