Derby Ball: A Game Of Blood Sport In A Dystopian Future

Started by Urbanzorro, April 16, 2015, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

Derby Ball
The Setting

It is the not too distant future, and the world is a different place. Mankind has survived catastrophic climate change, and a 'limited' nuclear war. In the wake of these events society, as we know it, has collapsed. The governments of the past have faded away, in their place a single world government has risen. The vast majority of mankind now lives in massive super-cities, they are the largest populations centers in human history. They are nearly unimaginably huge, shining symbols of mankind’s greatness, his mastery of science and nature, utopias built in defiance of the dying planet all around them. But this awe inspiring image is little more than a facade, a lie, a fairytale to mask the truth. As one looks closer it becomes apparent that the new world is not one of universal bliss, but one of near universal suffering.

In addition to his cities, the government under which mankind lives has also drastically changed. The Party, as it is known, is a harsh dictatorship who's primary concern is maintaining their rule over the planet. They have instituted a new social system known as The Order throughout the planet. The Order is a three class system. With the first class, known as Patricians, consisting of the world's rich and powerful. The second class, free-men, consists of the world's skilled laborers and is closest to what we would know as a middle class. The third class is that of the slaves, these men and women are owned by individuals of the other two classes and are considered nothing more than property.

The Party maintains their control of the world by two primary methods. The first is the constant hunting, exposing, and eliminating of any possible threats to their power in order to instill the proper amount of fear in it's populace. The second is through government produced entertainment provided freely to the masses in order to keep them distracted and content. Over the years shows containing bloodsports or erotic displays have grown to be the two most successful forms of entertainment. So it should come as no surprise that the most popular entertainment on the planet is the one thing which combines them both, the sport of Derby Ball.

O.O.C.

So, this is my attempt to get a game started that centers around a sports team consisting of male and female players which mixes fast paced sports action with intense/rough/forced sex. As stated in the I.C. portion of this post, the game will take place in a future setting in which slavery has once again become a legal, and widely accepted, part of society. I'm looking for 8 players to take on the rolls of the members of a single Derby Ball team as they play match after match, and try their best to survive their lives as enslaved sportsmen and women. I'll be taking on the role of the team's owner/coach as well as that of opposing teams and other such NPCs. I see the game being a mix of sandbox and GM driven plot lines. I plan to have matches take the form of GM events which take place about once every real life month or so the posting for them lasting anywhere between one week and two real life weeks. The time in between these matches would be very much a sandbox experience with players making their own storylines (and the occasional GM prompted storyline).

The sport itself is going to borrow heavily from the movie Roller Ball, so if you've seen it (or the 2002 remake) you've already got the basic idea down. A rundown of it can be found in the spoiler below labeled "Derby Ball." Before we get to that though, here a player openings list followed by a character sheet.

Player Listing
Coach/Owner Urbanzorro
Shooter Open
Rider Open
Blocker Open
Guard Open
Guard Open
Guard Open
Sapper Open
Sapper Open

Character Sheet

[float=left][img]Character's Image Link Goes Here[/img][/float][size=24pt][font=Freestyle Script][color=maroon]Character Name Goes Here[/color][/font][/size]
[size=14pt][b]Played By:[/b] [i]Your Name Goes Here[/i][/size]
[b]Age:[/b] How old are they?
[b]Position:[/b] What position do they play on the team?
[b]Physical Details:[/b] What details of their appearance aren't shown in their picture?
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] Do they like men? women? both?
[b]Personality:[/b] What is their personality like?
[b]History:[/b] What has their life been like so far?
[b]Character's Ons[/b] What are their sexual likes?
[b]Character's Offs[/b] What are their sexual dislikes?
[b]Player's Limits[/b] What are your limits for this game?

Well, if you've read this far hopefully you're interested in taking part in the game. If that's the case, or maybe you just have a question, then please feel free post something up.

Derby Ball

Derby Ball is a sport played by slaves for the entertainment of free men and patricians. It is a full contact sport in which players half race and half battle one another in what can best be described as a hybrid of roller derby, motocross, rugby, and gladiatorial combat. It is a dangerous and adrenaline filled contest after which the losing team must suffer sexual use and abuse at the hands of the victors. All of which takes place to the roar of the crowd.
The Basics

Derby Ball takes place on a track which two teams, each consisting of eight players, must circle in an attempt to score points by tossing the game's ball into the opposing team's goal. In order to score a goal a team must first complete a full lap around the track with the ball in their possession for the entire lap. After which they may attempt to score. The players make their way across the track using roller blades or, in the case of one player on each team, a motor cycle. There are five different positions on each team. They are The Rider, The Shooter, The Guards, The Blocker, and The Sappers. Each position will be described in detail further below.
The Team

Each Derby Ball team consists of one Rider, one Shooter, one Blocker, two Sappers, and three Guards. The purpose of each of these positions is as follows
The Rider
The Rider is the only member of the team who does not use a set of roller skates. Instead they ride upon a motor cycle. Their primary purpose on the team is support the other members by taking full advantage of their motor cycle's speed. Which can be used to help other members of their team circle the track faster, catch opponents, and outrun pursuers. The Rider is allowed to punch and kick any opposing team member but they are not allowed to use their motorcycle to run down or ram any opponents except for the other team's rider. In addition to their motorcycle The Rider is equipped with a helmet and boots.
The Shooter
The Shooter is the only member of the Derby Ball team who can score a goal. Their purpose on the team is to be the one most likely to carry the ball as well as the biggest target of the opposing team. They are equipped with roller blades, a helmet, a glove for catching the ball, and little else. This means for their defense they must often rely on either their own speed and agility or the protection provided by their teammates.
The Blocker
The job of The Blocker is simple, they are there to stop The Shooter from scoring. While any player on the team is allowed to interfere with and prevent The Shooter from scoring a goal, The Blocker is the only position designed specifically to do so. They are equipped with roller blades, a helmet, pads, and a staff which is a combination of lacrosse stick and martial arts weapon. The Blocker is allowed to take action against any player at any time.
The Sappers
The primary purpose of a team's Sappers is to slow down, incapacitate, and otherwise nullify the other team's players. In particular the other teams Guards. Each Sapper is equipped with roller blades, a helmet, and either a net or a lasso.
The Guards
A team's Guards serve the purpose of protecting their team mates, especially The Shooter. Each Guard is equipped with roller blades, a helmet, and a small riot shield. They are also the only players to wear full body padding.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.