Vampire the Masquerade Interest Check [Closed/Full]

Started by Blythe, May 11, 2013, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Welcome to the Sabbat.

So, you saw the title and decided to wander in, did you?  This group game will be using the old World of Darkness, and it will be a Sabbat game. This means that sex and violence will be as commonplace as raindrops during a monsoon, my darlings, so this goes in the Extreme category. I'm looking for at least four dedicated players for this group game. I will only take six at the most. What am I looking for in posts? A well-crafted post that will post a minimum of one paragraph in length, preferably more on average, with proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I would prefer a slow speed on this group game, with a posting maximum being once every two days, and the minimum being once every two weeks. This really isn't negotiable. This will be a slower paced game, which is why I want only dedicated players, please. I would like players who are passably familiar with the World of Darkness, if possible. Also, the real gender of the writer is irrelevant in this game. What matters is your character.

Post "Squigglebutt" to acknowledge that you've read and agreed to the posting requirements before stating an interest in this RP. Please post here and not in our OOC when applying.

Need More Game Details?

Link to the OOC, for the curious: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174183.0

Regarding the IC...Only three in-game posts exist, so there's not a lot to catch up on! Here it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174630.0

We will be using the V20 system. This is essentially 95% the same as Revised, so if you're familiar enough with Revised, I can walk you through what you don't know of V20 without a problem. I am willing to take on players new to Vampire the Masquerade, by the way.

So what's official? What is the setting?
New York City, because I enjoy that setting and enjoy the conflict between the Camarilla and the Sabbat over the Big Apple. It also gives Sabbat players enemies to focus on other than each other. We will be one of the NYC Sabbat packs, fighting to keep NYC strictly Sabbat territory. I want to tailor this game to revolve around the characters, so I don't want to be more specific until I see what characters I have. Long story short, your personal history and personality are rather important, and it'll come up in the game, if you wish it to. The OOC will detail out a teensy bit of the in-game metaplot of World of Darkness for those of you more familiar with canon, although don't count on us sticking strongly to canon. As the ST, I'm willing to play out NPCs essential to your backstory. I will also be RPing as the prominent Camarilla members, Sabbat higher-ups, and mortals or ghouls you might encounter.

I do have a few stipulations:

*Human, ghoul, and vampire characters only.

*Antitribu are permitted. Rare clans, such as the True Brujah or the Salubri, are not permitted.

*Be mindful of what powers you have. I prefer that clan disciplines remain unique to their clans--for example, only the Tzimisce, those who've partaken of Tzimisce vitae or studied under one of the them should be able to have access to Vicissitude, and only Tzimisce could teach it.

*I prefer that no one be 6th generation or lower (in other words, you can't be 1st-6th generation), whether the game is freeform or system, unless they can give me a good reason why and get the approval of other approved players.

*I am currently allowing ghouls and humans. I should mention that this may be changed if there are too many of them.

The game is not first-come first-serve. I wish to see a character concept that includes the following before I consider approving you as a player. New players should PM me for information before making a character sheet:

[b]Name:[/b] Who are you?

[b]Clan:[/b] In other words, what kind of Kindred are you?

[b]Personality:[/b] What are you like?

[b]History:[/b] What have you been up to?

[b]Your Kink List:[/b]
What you're open to and what you don't like.
Don't just link me to your O/Os. I'll get annoyed.
I want to know specifically what you want in this game and what you don't want, in regards to sex.

We can deal with the statistics side of a stat sheet if your character concept/bio is approved.
___
Accepted players list

EDIT: 4/6 slots filled.

Me: Pack priest. [female Assamite antitribu]

Slot 1: AlexStone [male Ventrue antitribu]
Slot 2: Finn MacKenna [female Malkavian antitribu]
Slot 3: AndyZ [female City Gangrel]
Slot 4: Geeklet -[female Ravnos antitribu]
Slot 5: Open.
Slot 6: Open.
___

Note for those who read through this interest check: our slot 5 only just recently opened up.

These vampires are a Sabbat pack led by a pack priest (although the position for Ductus is still open....), waging war on rival packs and trying to kill powerful Camarilla vampires for status. They will have contact with the Black Hand, an organization of vampires dedicated to Caine and his principles, a subset of the Sabbat, and are known to be essentially professional assassins.

AlexStone

Well, firstly, Squigglebutt.  And count me as interested, if I can come up with an interesting character to play.  I've never actually played or run a Sabbat game, but I've read the published material. (And if you need a book pulled, let me know. I have pretty much what anyone may need.) 

I do have one request/idea- that, event though it's a Sabbat game, the canon ending (That is, NYC becomes Camarilla) stays intact.  The war might be longer, but I'd like to play out a losing, if fun, cause. 

Also, if we use a system, may I suggest V20, if you have it?

Nadir

I'm interested, but will have to re-read my rule books before I give my full Squigglebutt

Geeklet

Yeah, I might be wanting to play this, but I will need to think of a squigglebut character first.

Blythe

Quote from: AlexStone on May 11, 2013, 06:04:20 PM
I do have one request/idea- that, event though it's a Sabbat game, the canon ending (That is, NYC becomes Camarilla) stays intact.  The war might be longer, but I'd like to play out a losing, if fun, cause. 

Also, if we use a system, may I suggest V20, if you have it?

Once I have some approved players, then we can talk about canon. I'm not against the canon ending, but I'd like to see if other players prefer it as well.

V20....V20...isn't that the 20th anniversary release of VtM? *racks brain for that reference*

AlexStone

Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2013, 06:47:10 PM
Once I have some approved players, then we can talk about canon. I'm not against the canon ending, but I'd like to see if other players prefer it as well.

V20....V20...isn't that the 20th anniversary release of VtM? *racks brain for that reference*

Fair enough on the ending. I just wanted to throw it out there for consideration.  I think it would be a fun thing, but I might be alone there.

V20 is the the 20th Anniversary Edition of the rules, but I don't think it's a straight reprint- they went through and cleaned the rules up some, according to my friends.  (I just got my copy today, so I can't say I've personally read it yet.)

Trilogy

My squigglebutt might be interested as well, though I'd also only want to play if it's V20 and not original VtM. Mostly because I don't have any of the old books and don't really want to go digging for them...

Blythe

There's also the option for freeform rather than system, if people don't want to trudge around for books. Just going to mention that.

I've never used V20. I'm  perfectly willing to, though, as the reviews of it essentially say that it's the same as the revised edition (like 95% of it), with a few tweaks to streamline the system. 

When I see some character concepts from people who weighed in their preferences, I'll be able to make up my mind, as I'll have an idea of who's strongly interested in VtM (system or not) and who's just chiming in.

AndyZ

I'm interested if I can come up with a good Squigglebutt for this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Florence

Interested as hell at the VtM aspect, but admittedly I've very little idea how to play a Sabbat character :<

I'm guessing my favorite clan, the Nagaraja, fall under 'rare' so are not permitted.

Assuming they're not allowed, I'd have to think about what clan to go with... maybe a Malk antitribu, if there's not too many of them. (nothing ruins the joy of being stark raving mad, than having no one sane to annoy with it.)

Toreador antitribu sound like a fun lot to play too.

Also, I'm definitely a bigger fan of using the system (whether V20 or the original) though I'm not like... a hardcore familiar player with it. Most of my knowledge comes from rabidly playing and replaying bloodlines and reading over the V20 book a dozen times, as well as looking stuff up online. But I know enough of the system to know its pretty easy to pick up.

Also squigglebutt.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blythe

Nagaraja would not be permitted, no. Sorry.  :-(

Either Malkavian antitribu or a Toreador antitribu would be fine.

AlexStone

Let me give making character a try here, see what folks think.

Name: Tim McCallan

Clan: Ventrue Antitribu

Personality: The Only Sane (?) Man.  It's a mad, crazy world most Sabbat live in, with their efforts to be monsters, to revel in their Trve Klvt monster status.  Tim is the guy who can deal with mortals, talk to them and deal with them on a nearly rational basis.  Of course, given the nature of the Sabbat, and the Beast, and all the rest, is he the sane guy, or the crazy one for pretending he's still something like a human?

The fact he can only feed from screaming women just doesn't help things, either.

History: Tim was an up and coming stock broker, who had a nose for when some sort of strange deal was in the works.  Of course, Tim wasn't really one to report these things to the SEC, but would rather cash in on them.  The one time he ended up on the wrong side of a scam, he decided to take revenge by sending the lot involved to prison.  As it turns out, one of those he sent up the river was on the list of a Ventrue antitribu for the Embrace, and, when Tim stole his prize away, he Embraced Tim and ditched him.  He has no idea who he or she could be- and, truthfully, he probably wasn't intended to survive the experience, but survive it he did.

Tim did his best to continue with his life after his death, getting transferred to the nigh desk.  But, that lasted just a few days, until his cravings struck, and he had to force himself onto one of the office runners to saitiate his Hunger.  He never came back after that, but continued to make money on the Asia desk- he walked out of his trading firm with as much as he could steal.  He then fell in with a group of other vampires (Presumably, if approved, the characters played by the esteemed others in the group), who have been taking advantage of his willingness to "Play Human," where he does what they think of as menial dirty work, but which, for now, he sees as challenging and interesting in accomplishing, and a chance to flex his vampiric powers.

Your Kink List:

Well, I think I'd be interested in a decent into monster sort of arc for this character, if it works out that way.  So, I'm probably looking at keeping a pretty open set of kinks, so long as scat and kids are left out of it (Not my personal scene.) I'm interested in trying a few new things, in terms of violence, like perhaps torture- perhaps even extreme sorts- and seeing where it goes.

I personally wouldn't be too interested in M/M stuff, but that's just me.  And, well, I'm not opposed to just some plain old vanilla stuff.  I mean, I don't have to kill a dog to have an orgasm, to borrow a phrase.

Note that my lack of interest in something isn't disapproving of it in game, I just won't be participating.  Though, my character might be taunted about it, and that's fine.

And, at the end, this is a vampire who can't get any nourishment from blood unless it's drawn from a screaming woman.  She doesn't have to be screaming in pain- it could be pleasure, it could be because he paid her to.  Still, there's a couple of easy ways to do that...

So, it probably needs some help, and I'm all ears for it.

Jaded

*snip*

Blythe

AlexStone, that sheet is tentatively approved, but subject to some changes after we see what other players might join. We might later, if you like, discuss a bit about your sire and the specific year of your character's Embrace.

Jaded, before I read your sheet, are you wanting a system based game or a freeform game? I'm asking all those interested to inform me what they prefer. The game may or may not use the system rules, depending on what players show interest. She withdrew.

EDIT: Alex, you are accepted. Welcome to the Sabbat. I will update the first post to note this.

Jaded

I'm going to back out actually.  Good luck with your game. :)

Florence

Name: Amisi

Clan: Malkavian Antitribu

Personality: Amisi is insane, obviously, that goes without saying when dealing with a Malkavian, particularly a Sabbat Malkavian. She doesn't seem to mind much, however. In fact, she seems to love every moment of her blissfully mad unlife with an almost child-like glee. She seems to find the bright side in nearly any situation, giggling madly and cheerfully and dancing about without a care in the world.

She has a sort of graceful elegance to her madness, and seems to view herself as a princess in her own little kingdom of make-believe. She revels in the pleasures of unlife, from sex, to blood, to simply dancing about to music that isn't really there. However, the downside to being a princess is that she can be a fair bit entitled, viewing the rest of the world as existing solely to please her, and she tends to lash out in childlike tantrums when she doesn't get her way.

She can become emotionally attached to others however, as friends or lovers. She typically seems to view such people as pets, or treasured possessions; doting over them and caring for them, but expecting them to heed to her wishes and serve to please her. If they disappoint her, she will typically scold them as one would a pet, though... perhaps a little more psychotically.

History: (Admittedly this section is gonna be a little boring, because its hard for me to pin down a backstory without knowing what the story as a whole will be. Still, I'll try to give a basic idea.)
Born in Egypt, and sired in New Yor, Amisi responds to any request to her age with 'it's not polite to ask a lady such things', though more truthfully, she likely doesn't even remember either, as the years have blurred together in her madness. She loves the city she was sired in, filled with romantic ideas of it, even as a vampire, and is particularly fond of Times Square. As a mortal, she was sired shortly after her family arrived in America,  and perhaps some of that fresh immigrant idealism of the city has been imprinted onto her unlife.

When she was first sired, she spoke very poor English, but gradually managed to improve at it, until she became quite fluent. She is fond of things from her homeland, particularly jewelry and the like. Her parents told her (likely false) tales, as a child, of how she was descended from the ancient pharaohs, and now, as one of the kindred, she refuses to let those childhood fantasies go, considering herself royalty, a princess in her own little kingdom.

Her family was of little wealth, but had enough to get by, and she was quite the learned academic, showing a lot of promise at school back in Egypt, though, being a Malkavian, its hard to say how much of that education remains in her demented mind.

Your Kink List:
Really, its hard to say specifically. I'm sort of a 'whatever-goes' type of rper, as long as its not something I list in my preferences as 'never'. I suppose the only thing I could ask, is if you intend to do anything non-consensual towards the character, ask first, so we can work it out to make sure its all cool OOCly. Otherwise, I'll react to things however my character would. I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful, but I'm not really sure what else I can say.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I said it in my other post, but JUST TO BE SAFE.

SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blythe

Finn, that stat sheet is tentatively approved. We'll discuss any changes to be made after I see more characters. You're accepted in. Welcome to the Sabbat. I'll update the first post to reflect this.

I will be waiting a day or two on a few people that I know really want to play this, depending on rules/system and sucnot, but don't have sheets up yet (Dim Hon, Geeklet).

On another note. Everyone with a sheet approved should consider the following ideas and mention if they like any of these ideas or not:

*These vampires are a Sabbat pack led by a pack priest, waging war on rival packs and trying to kill powerful Camarilla vampires for status.

*These vampires are specifically members of the Black Hand, all recruited by the same vampire. This would heavily feature the Book of Nod as well.

*These vampires are higher ranked members of the Sabbat, rivals or allies in the political machine of the night as they lead the war on the Camarilla. They would be ranked at Paladin/Templar or higher.

*These vampires are "Manchurian" characters, characters who've been modified by the Dominate discipline to make them perfect Camarilla infiltrators, who all share a modified history provided by their real masters.

*Toss in an idea of your own. Be creative. Anything about the Sabbat in particular you've always wanted to play?

TheHangedOne

Hey, Blythe. Any chance I could re-use a concept I had in one of your games? That is, Mortal with Numina. Maybe he's being targeted for recruitment because he's a bit of a bad ass (as far as humans go), or maybe he just winds up in over-his-head with things. Maybe he winds up ghouled?

And because I'm  tired, and forgot it: Squigglebutt!
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Blythe

I'd rather not use mortals with numina in a classic WoD VtM game, HangedMan. I'd either like normal mortals, ghouls, or vampires.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Nadir

I'm probably not going to have the time/energy to take up a new group game any time soon, alas :/

Pentagious666

Toreador antitribu sound fun, and I've never gotten to play a tzimisce before.  There is the shadow clan too, Lasombra of the tenebrous if I recall.  Color me interested like a squigglebutt.  System would be difficult on here I think, though I've yet to try.  Also I Think I'll get you a character sheet tonight how does that sound?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AlexStone

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 12:38:56 AM

On another note. Everyone with a sheet approved should consider the following ideas and mention if they like any of these ideas or not:

*These vampires are a Sabbat pack led by a pack priest, waging war on rival packs and trying to kill powerful Camarilla vampires for status.

*These vampires are specifically members of the Black Hand, all recruited by the same vampire. This would heavily feature the Book of Nod as well.

I've indicated my personal choices, but I don't mind any of the other ideas.

[/quote]
Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2013, 11:23:33 PM
We might later, if you like, discuss a bit about your sire and the specific year of your character's Embrace.

I have some ideas, but it would be easier if we had a little more about the game.  Also, it depends on how people thing about A) Secrets among PCs and B) IC betrayals, too. 

Florence

I like the idea of us being relatively fresh, mostly since I'm so unused to playing Sabbat, it would make it easier for me to get used to it. Still, if everyone else has patience, I'm game for being high ranking badasses too.

I don't think the system would be really that hard on here, but I've never tried, so I could be wrong. Though I suppose if we're having a slow game already, it could slow things down even more at times, when we have to wait 2 days to 2 weeks just to get through one round of combat or to wait on storyteller confirmation on whether we can successfully do something, etc.

Also, to Alex, I'm pretty cool with people doing whatever they do ICly, if they're traitors then that'll create IC drama.

Wargtass

VTM Sabbat game? Why hell yes please!  ;D  Squigglebutt that for me!

Name: Ramon Tezcatli
Clan: Tzimisce

Personality: Generally cold and calculating like many Tzimisce, Ramon's eyes nonetheless burns with a passion as he serves his part in the great war against the Antediluvians and their pawns the Cama-ree-ah. He models himself after his upbringing, the old Aztec blood and upbringing burning through his vains and he often uses his Vicissitude to model himself and his szlachtas around the mythological creatures and deities of the Mexicas. He is especially fond of Tezcatlipoca, the All-seeing Lord of the Smoking Mirror that his family took its name from, and often wears its likeness.

When it comes to the pack he gives his all. They are his brothers and sisters, kin by blood through the unholy pact Vaulderie. Whether he likes them as individuals does not matter, but those he especially like he keeps close and healthy, mending their wounds and sharing his blood with them, even going so far as to partake in perverse games of pleasure and violence combined. Those that anger him often comes to a sticky end though, pack or not. There is no wrath like that of a Tezcatli Tzimisce.

History: Bred from a minor Revenant family in Mexico City said to be descended from the Aztec, Ramon was chosen early on to be raised as a future childe to a local Tzimisce lord. He was constantly groomed towards that goal and goaded into acts of cruelty by his parents, going so far as to letting him torture and kill his own siblings. He was brought to secret covens underneath the city, were cults mimicking the old Aztec religion bathed him in blood and gore, praising him as the forerunner to a new Aztec Empire. The lord who intended to embrace Ramon wasn't too fond of these practices, worrying that such ideas could very well ruin the young boy for his future plans. As such he came by night on his tenth birthday and slayed his whole family before taking him away to his haven.

Under his tutelage Ramon grew into his role as sole childe of the old Cainite, studying many diverse subjects from anatomy to koldunic texts regarding spirits from the old days that remained in Mexico City. Many times he was taken to Fuente de Tláloc in Chapultepec Park to drink from its waters, which his progenitor-to-be said contained powerful koldunic energies. As Ramon became an adult he was started on a diet of blood, becoming a true revenant and finally being able to practice the arts that he had learned over the years. The cruel streak that his family had infused him with and the powers lent to him by the Tzimisce blended nicely, producing a vicious and calculating being bereft of conscience.

He spent decades in this state until the elder Cainite finally decided it was time. His embrace was rather serene, prepared for months in advance and as he rised from his earth-filled casket he remained calm and cold as his Sire herded the sacrificial vessels that would be his first meal of vitae towards him. He drank them dry and was quickly swept up and brought before the Regent for introduction. A rather dull affair, general procedure, but the aweinspiring air of the Sabbat ensured Ramon's future loyalty and zeal. What better way to spend unlife but to serve the Cause? When the offer came to serve in a pack in New York City away from his protective sire, he immediately swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Your Kink List:
Perhaps the hardest part for me to pinpoint, given the Tzimisces' rather rampant nature when it comes to this. The classic offs apply, because really, who wants scat and kids anyway, but I am willing to push the boundries when playing a Sabbat Tzimisce. I think a little bit of everything can be tried and discussed in the OOC, so if you feel like you want to get kinky with a tentacled Szlachta or a Ramon in Horrid form, just ask, worst you can get is a no. What I am looking for is rather loosely defined, I don't keep many preferences, so feed me some ideas and I'll be very open.
O/O

Blythe

Okay, couple of updates.

Understood, Dim. *forlorn look*

Wargtass: Sheet tentatively approved. Changes might be discussed and made later.

Concept we're using: We'll be using a typical Sabbat pack led by a pack priest, since it's the easiest to run with players new to the Sabbat, particularly players new to Sabbat custom and rituals. I will post a sheet for the pack priest some time today, so that we can discuss ways to tie in characters.

Player Secrets: Oh, most assuredly. You can keep secrets. I would appreciate being told as the ST, but otherwise, from other players, you may keep secrets. That's half the fun of the game.

IC Betrayals: This is open. Tricky, considering all Sabbat packs possess a vinculum binding one another, but still possible. The easiest way to do it is to ask on a case-by-case basis. They might be fine with getting attacked and savaged but not left to die at the hands of the Camarilla. I'll leave this between players.

Freeform or system: The V20 system has won out, as it seems to be the most preferred option right now. So we're using V20.

Brief summary:
All right. I'm going to give you guys a little bit more information about what we're playing. We'll be playing the game about a year before the Camarilla takes New York, so essentially, 1998. If you guys can direct me to which books have the most information about the Battle of New York, that would be helpful. Whether the ending remains canonical will depend on player reactions over time, but there's already one vote for canon. That doesn't mean the pack will necessarily die, but it at bare minimum they will have to get the hell out of New York City.

This game is going to focus on a much smaller scale than the other ideas listed, since we're following a normal Sabbat pack. This pack will keep it's territory in Manhattan, and they are tasked as a cell that aids the Black Hand on covert jobs, although they do not have membership. The pack is regularly kept in the dark and they know it, but they also know better than to question it when members of the Black Hand require assistance. Every single member of this pack would have been recruited to this pack by the priest. Maybe you were  away from another pack; maybe your character is thrown out of a previous pack for whatever reason.

The game will start out during a Vaulderie ceremony, the renewal of the bonds they all share under Caine, before they are given their next task.

I'll get more written sometime today. I need to find a good online sheet for V20.

Note to players: You guys do realize you don't have to put "kids" in your Offs, right? Because it's against site rules to RP that sort of  thing anyway.

Blythe

Quote from: Pentagious666 on May 12, 2013, 06:44:52 AM
Toreador antitribu sound fun, and I've never gotten to play a tzimisce before.  There is the shadow clan too, Lasombra of the tenebrous if I recall.  Color me interested like a squigglebutt.  System would be difficult on here I think, though I've yet to try.  Also I Think I'll get you a character sheet tonight how does that sound?

Toreador antitribu would be interesting. We do have a Tzimisce now. Lasombra work VERY well with this. Looking forward to seeing a sheet.

Can't believe I missed this earlier.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

AndyZ

Righteous.

As I'm thinking on this, my next question for Protean 4 would be about forms other than wolf or bat.  I'm not sure what she'd change into yet, but a black cat immediately comes to mind, and I could see hawk as well.

It does say that Gangrel are reputed to change into forms better suited to their environment, but that'd just be an idea I'd want to check up on before putting all the points in Protean.  I'd understand if you didn't want to allow that.

Blythe

I see no reason why a black cat is so far away from the Protean rules that I would disallow it. So sure. She can change change into cat. Hawk would be fine as well.

Florence

We need moar chicks :U So far Amisi's the only one and I don't quite intend for her to be the pack bicycle. >_>;

So, well, we either need moar chicks, or some manlove :U Or both :o

Also, I vote on letting our choices decide the outcome. I really don't care about 'canon' when it comes to roleplaying games like VtM or D&D. I'd much rather prefer to have a sense of our characters choices actually making a difference than being confined to some 'destiny' set in stone.

Also, also I'm gonna be heading out in about a half hour to some dinner, so I'm not gonna be around much today.

Also, also, also: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7B8C09DFF2A4418C Some music :3

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO. Does anyone know if there's a good place like Mythweavers or Plothook for VtM sheets? (Edit: V20 sheets, technically, if there's a difference)

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO WILL PEOPLE STOP POSTING WHILE I'M TYPING!? >8I

Blythe

Don't worry. I will be making a female pack priest. ;D

Myth-weavers only seems to have new World of Darkness sheets, which miffed me. I'm not finding customizable online sheets anywhere, which means I need to do a little formatting and coding, and turn the sheets into something we can actually post on a forum for you guys. This could take a couple of days.

And no. We're all going to ninja you. Constantly.  >:)

AndyZ

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/v20.html has some nice sheets in PDF format, but save them to your computer before editing them.

The way I figure it, black cat would reduce Alertness and Stealth roll difficulties and give night vision, and hawk would reduce Strength to 1, fly at 30mph, reduces sight-based Perception roll difficulties by 3, and attacks against her are at +1 difficulty due to small size.  I can explain how I came up with those numbers if you want, but they're pretty comparable to the wolf and bat.

Florence

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 03:44:10 PM
Don't worry. I will be making a female pack priest. ;D

Myth-weavers only seems to have new World of Darkness sheets, which miffed me. I'm not finding customizable online sheets anywhere, which means I need to do a little formatting and coding, and turn the sheets into something we can actually post on a forum for you guys. This could take a couple of days.

And no. We're all going to ninja you. Constantly.  >:)

Yeah, I know, I've been using Mythweavers for a while and I was so disappointed when I noticed they only had nWoD sheets :<

I'm one of those people who thinks nWoD is pretty 'meh' :U

AndyZ

I'd go beyond meh to crappy and easily broken.  I had a mage torpor a vampire with a baseball and only one of his relevant stats was greater than three.

Wargtass

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on May 12, 2013, 03:40:06 PM
So, well, we either need moar chicks, or some manlove :U Or both :o

Who said I don't do both? I ride all the bicycles. :P

Also, always go to Mr Gone.
O/O

Blythe

I liked nWoD, but....the classic WoD was my first and foremost love, and it will probably remain so. The stronger plot and mythos has always drawn me to it, and I'm more comfortable with the system.

I'm liking the look of Mrgone's sheets. Also, Andy, those changes for cat and hawk sound fine to me. Just remember, when I get an OOC up, to repost that information there for me, please.

Quick edit: My only issue with the sheets is how I'm going to be able to view everyone's sheets. PDFs are all well and good, but how would players wish to send me their sheets?

AndyZ

Name: Sasha

Clan: City Gangrel

Personality: Predatory, loyal to the leader but unwilling to let herself be treated as superfluous, survivor

History: Sasha most often hunts down Camarilla members, and has diablerized herself down to Eighth generation.  She's also got herself along the Path of the Feral Heart, but she has more than enough need to kill Camarilla and others who are a threat to her and her pack.

Your Kink List:
As written so far, Sasha wouldn't be overly interested in sex.  Of course, wrestling for aggressive dominance is a fun all its own, but not really the same thing.  However, she's retained enough of her nature that she still breathes, maintains her pinkish hue and even gets wet at times.  Whether someone can seduce her is a question all its own.

I'd be good with making the occasional mortal to get hunted down, though.

Character Sheet

Nature Survivor - Demeanor Survivor

Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 2 Manipulation 1 Appearance 3
Perception 3 Intelligence 2 Wits 3

Alertness 3 Athletics 3 Awareness 1 Brawl 3 Intimidation 1 Leadership 1 Streetwise 1
Animal Ken 1 Drive 1 Firearms 1 Larceny 1 Performance 1 Stealth 3 Survival 1
Academics 1 Investigation 1 Medicine 1 Occult 1 Politics 1

Protean 4

Shape of the Beast can be used to take the form of either a black cat or a hawk.  The black cat form reduces Alertness and Stealth roll difficulties and give night vision, and hawk reduces Strength to 1, allows flight at 30mph, reduces sight-based Perception roll difficulties by 3, and attacks against her are at +1 difficulty due to small size.

Generation 5

Conviction 2 - Instinct 3 - Courage 3 - Path of the Feral Heart 5 - Willpower 7

Blush of Health

Blood Pool 12/15 - Willpower 7/7 - Blood spent into Strength x1, Dexterity x1 and Claws

Blythe

AndyZ, sheet approved. Changes may be made, but it looks good thus far.

AlexStone

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on May 12, 2013, 03:40:06 PM
We need moar chicks :U So far Amisi's the only one and I don't quite intend for her to be the pack bicycle. >_>;

Also, also, also: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7B8C09DFF2A4418C Some music :3

You know, the guy who sold me my first copy of VtM actually used the fact that chicks would play it as a selling point. (I was 15, that make total sense to me at the time.)  And it's been forever since I listened to that CD, so +1 internets for you, my new friend. :)
Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 02:35:25 PM

Player Secrets: Oh, most assuredly. You can keep secrets. I would appreciate being told as the ST, but otherwise, from other players, you may keep secrets. That's half the fun of the game.

IC Betrayals: This is open. Tricky, considering all Sabbat packs possess a vinculum binding one another, but still possible. The easiest way to do it is to ask on a case-by-case basis. They might be fine with getting attacked and savaged but not left to die at the hands of the Camarilla. I'll leave this between players.

If you guys can direct me to which books have the most information about the Battle of New York, that would be helpful.

I'll PM you with the only secret I have in mind for my character, which, really you can say yes or no to. I like it, but I can leave it.  Any any betrayal stuff can be talked about in OOC

The War for New York is discussed in in New  York By Night, WW2411, 2001. (Yeah.)  The Canon war is more of a blitzkrieg, less of a war, but that can change.  I'd also recommend Midnight Siege, a book about war between Kindred, (WW2422, 2001) Caine's Chosen: The Black Hand, a Black Hand book that makes fuckin' sense, (WW2428. 2003), The Succubus Club: Dead Man's Party, a book about how vamps socialize and interact with mortals at play, (WW2409,2003) and Gilded Cage, a book about what the "Influence" Stat like, actually *means*. (WW2420, 2001.  Damn, 2001 was a good year in VtM supplements.)

Lady Lunarius

I may be interested lemme check over it. If it's still open that is.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Blythe

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2013, 06:50:01 PM
I may be interested lemme check over it. If it's still open that is.

There is still one slot available. I will require confirmation that you've read and understood my rules in the manner indicated in the opening rules post, though.

EDIT: Derp. Can't believe I typed "rule" twice.

Second edit: Also, Andy, I just now noticed you took Black Hand membership. Just wanted you to note this from one of my earlier posts.

This pack will keep it's territory in Manhattan, and they are tasked as a cell that aids the Black Hand on covert jobs, although they do not have membership.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 06:52:15 PM
There is still one slot available. I will require confirmation that you've read and understood my rules in the manner indicated in the opening rules post, though.

Okies I will do that, I'm going through the thread now. Also I was wondering if you'd heard of Dalines.net I know you have your system for character sheets but this is an awesome way to have the actual sheets.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Blythe

I've heard of the Dalines site, and I've used it, but it does not have V20 formatted sheets for VtM.

One of changes in V20 was is that the Dodge skill was removed, for example. I believe Dodge is now made with a Dexterity + Athletics roll. So Dalines isn't quite formatted right for this game.

Edit: Derp again on the roll. What is it with me this past ten minutes?

Lady Lunarius

Okay Sir Squigglebutt, I have to read up on the V20 more or less due to the fact that I am used to the NWoD Requiem. Though I've been interested in Masquerade.

I'll download the book but I am exceedingly interested. Still considered a noob however so I may have questions, but luckily I also have a geek husband to explain it. That said, I'll read up and post something up for you soon, if that is all right.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Blythe

No problem, I can wait. V20 is pretty similar to normal Masquerade, with a few minor streamlining changes here and there. And I don't mind questions at all. Also, it's...let's just say...not similar to Requiem. It's pretty different.

But yeah, I don't have a format for stat sheets on the forum yet. Just so we're all clear on it. I'm still working on one I like. I'll post the coding/format when it's done, so there's no rush for sheets.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 07:11:11 PM
No problem, I can wait. V20 is pretty similar to normal Masquerade, with a few minor streamlining changes here and there. And I don't mind questions at all. Also, it's...let's just say...not similar to Requiem. It's pretty different.

But yeah, I don't have a format for stat sheets on the forum yet. Just so we're all clear on it. I'm still working on one I like. I'll post the coding/format when it's done, so there's no rush for sheets.

Okies will post when I get caught up a bit more.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Florence

Wooo, got back from that dinner. Music from the Succubus Club goes GREAT with a buz xD

EDIT

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2013, 07:07:21 PM
Okay Sir Squigglebutt, I have to read up on the V20 more or less due to the fact that I am used to the NWoD Requiem. Though I've been interested in Masquerade.

I'll download the book but I am exceedingly interested. Still considered a noob however so I may have questions, but luckily I also have a geek husband to explain it. That said, I'll read up and post something up for you soon, if that is all right.

That is why every one should marry a geek if possible :U

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on May 12, 2013, 08:21:25 PM
EDIT

That is why every one should marry a geek if possible :U

Yeah, it gets frustrating sometimes though. XD Guess it helps that I am a bit of a geek myself.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Blythe

Oh, I have decided to open up a 6th slot for this game. Just to let everyone know.

Working on the pack priest, a female Assamite antitribu (never gotten to play one, and I've always wanted to).

Geeklet

Blythe

Ravnos antitribu are okay by me, Geeklet.

Nadir

>_>

Can I change my mind?

*wants this too bad to say no*

Blythe

The last two slots have not been filled...so it's not too late to change your mind.  :-)

EDIT: Those of you who are interested but don't have sheets, you can PM me with questions or ask for ideas if you want a bit of back and forth about it.

Lady Lunarius

Profile pm'd boss ^_^ Lemme know what you think. *Dances*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Blythe

Just wanted to let you guys know that it might be a day or two before I post more info, with the exception of the pack priest I'm making, who will be posted within a couple of hours. I seem to have multiple people interested in the last two slots, and I'd like to compare and look at what type of characters they are considering.

Blythe

All right, everyone. Here's the pack priest. Feel free to ask about character hooks, if you need them.

A couple of notes. Tariq is the name of the pack priest's sire, and he appears to be more than he seems. Tariq sometimes, out of favoritism to this pack in particular, gives this pack duties to attend to regarding slaying certain members of the Camarilla. It is strongly suspected by all members of the pack that Tariq is a member of the Black Hand, although the older vampire has not confirmed (and likely will not) this, although such close proximity with Tariq implies the Black Hand is interested in one or more members of this Sabbat pack for recruitment.

The question everyone might be thinking....vampires and sex?

Yup. V20 makes it clear vamps like sex, although it's nothing compared to feeding. In the Revised edition as well, it's mentioned that vampires can force blood into certain parts of their body, they still have active nerve endings, and that means sex works and feels good, although vampires likely register sex more strongly intellectually and sensuously, since feeding is their primary physical carnality. And a lot of vampires simply mix both worlds.

Pack priest!

Name: Kifah bint Tariq al-Kattan (Kifah, daughter of Tariq, of the family Kattan)

Clan: Assamite antitribu

Personality: Kifah is the epitome of an elegant monster. She is a deliberate and calculating predator. She sees casual violence as a sign of immaturity and dishonor, though. Premeditated pain against another is the sign of a civilized and ambitious mind in her eyes, but wanton destruction is beastly. To Kifah, all things must have a reason, although once that reason is found, she becomes an unholy perpetrator of violence and misery. Otherwise, she is soft-spoken, firm, and seems to genuinely care about her packmates, although she has a special disdain for those that complain too often.

History:
She has forsaken what she believes to be the false morality of mortality and is a practitioner of the Path of Honorable Accord, taught to her by her sire in the early nights of her Embrace.  Due to her clan weakness, she treats the Vaulderie as sacred and as threatning as a Blood Bond, so she does not take it lightly. She slew the last Ductus (pack leader) for treachery, and now she, by default, leads a Sabbat pack until her sire Tariq (charged with handling this particular matter) either decides to appoint a new Ductus or make her the Ductus of the pack. 

She was Embraced more than a century ago, and she does not speak much of her former life, as she believes referencing her history as a human is pointless now that she is of the Kindred. What little is known about her indicates she was likely a Muslim with Arabic as her native language, most assuredly from somewhere in the Middle East, and she seems to be (sporadically) well-educated. She seems to be on good terms with her sire Tariq, who is a Templar of the Sabbat. She claims to have come to New York City about thirty years ago with her sire from Mexico City, although her sire will not confirm this story. If asked who the family of Kattan is, the family she supposedly hails from, she becomes very bitter and sullen, saying only that "Blood is blood."

Your Kink List: The only two kinks off of the table for this character will be scat and snuff. Anything else is permissible if discussed with me in advance.

Kifah, pack priest and temporary Ductus

Nature: , Demeanor:
Path of Enlightenment: Path of Honorable Accord 5 (on pg. 326 of V20)
Assamite Clan Weakness: Using the addiction to Kindred vitae. Assamite antitribu with the Sabbat  don't suffer from the Tremere blood curse. (on pg. 428 of V20)

Attributes:
Physical: Strength 2, Dexterity 4, Stamina 4.
Social: Charisma 2, Manipulation 3, Appearance 3.
Mental: Perception 2, Intelligence 2, Wits 2.

Talents
Alertness 2, Subterfuge 2, Intimidation 2, Leadership 2, Streetwise 2, Athletics 1, Empathy 2

Skills
Stealth 3, Larceny 3, Drive 1, Etiquette 2

Abilities:
Knowledges
Occult 3 (Sabbat Lore), Politics 2, Investigation 2, Medicine 2

Disciplines:
Obfuscate 3, Quietus 3, Celerity 3, Fortitude 2

Virtues:
Conscience: 2 , Self-control: 3, Courage: 5, Willpower: 6

Backgrounds:
Generation 4, Resources 1

Merits:
Primogen/Bishop Friendship (4 pt.) (pg 489 of V20), Language (2 pt.) (Spanish, English)

Flaws:
Beacon of the Unholy (2 pt.)  (pg 494 of V20), Thirst for Innocence (2 pt.) (pg. 486 of V20)Vengeful (2 pt.) (pg 486 of V20)

(freebies spent: 7 dots on Celerity 1, 7 on Fortitude, 1 on Willpower)
(total of 75 EXP spent on pack priest)

Edit: Needs some tweaking, I know (specially for a few abilities pack priests might need). But this is a fairly good rough draft of her.

Wargtass

Quote from: Blythe on May 13, 2013, 03:50:38 AM
The question everyone might be thinking....vampires and sex?

Yup. V20 makes it clear vamps like sex, although it's nothing compared to feeding. In the Revised edition as well, it's mentioned that vampires can force blood into certain parts of their body, they still have active nerve endings, and that means sex works and feels good, although vampires likely register sex more strongly intellectually and sensuously, since feeding is their primary physical carnality. And a lot of vampires simply mix both worlds.

Mix with that the Sabbat's habitual Vaulderie and tendency to otherwise share blood with each other and you have a properly good time for everyone involved... perhaps not the gimp-ghoul who might be drained during the evening, but we are Sabbat, so why care about it?  ;D

I'll work up a sheet sometime today.
O/O

AlexStone

Mechanically speaking, we should make new characters according to the V20 rules?

Geeklet

Speaking of V20, I really don't have that book, and just the old VtM books. Are there any differences I need to know as far as character creation?

Wargtass

Quote from: Geeklet on May 13, 2013, 08:22:00 AM
Speaking of V20, I really don't have that book, and just the old VtM books. Are there any differences I need to know as far as character creation?

Not that I have notice, no. It's essentially some minor tweaks to the system and disciplines.
O/O

Florence

Fuck. :I I hurt my ankle last night, judging how its swollen as hell and still sore, I think its safe to say its a sprain.

Blythe

Sorry to hear that, Finn. Ouch.

Quote from: Geeklet on May 13, 2013, 08:22:00 AM

The biggest thing you need to know is that Dodge no longer exists as an ability. Linguistics is also not an ability now--it's a merit.

There's also a Knowledge skill called "Expert Knowledge," and this skill essentially covers anything not already found in the knowledges section, such as "Archaeology, Game Theory, Military Science, Psychology."

Also, for all those who are making characters following a Path of Enlightenment, remember this about virtues: normally you get three free dots, one in each virtue, before spending the seven you get to add. However, if you possess Conviction rather than Conscience, you do not receive a free dot in that statistic. If you posses Instinct rather than Self-Control, you do not receive a free dot in that statistic. Courage will always receive it's free dot.

Sabbat members must have, starting out, at least 5 willpower, and they cannot have a Path rating above 5.

I'm not permitting anyone wanting to play a ghoul to play a Path of Enlightenment, by the way.

Geeklet

So here is a basic overview of the character:

Name: Monica DuVall

Clan: Ravnos AT

Personality: Rebellious and capricious, though age seems to have tempered her outbursts as of late.

History: Originally she joined the Sabbat after being spurned one to many times by the prejudices of the Camarilla in various cities regarding her clan. As long as her anger was directed towards their enemies, most of the other Sabbat were happy. Well, tolerated her, at least. When the Week of Nightmares hit, that was when things began to take a turn for the worse. She was one of the few to survive, thankfully after the rest of her old pack locked her up until she came back to her senses. But now she was left with unanswered questions, like why the founding clans of the Sabbat claimed their progenitors were dead, yet neither one had suffered like she had. With these questions, and others like it, many labeled her a heretic, and did whatever they could to get rid of her.

But Monica was a survivor, and withstood every punishment they could throw at her. In time, she wouldn't even say anything, yet still get put into situations no one thought she could make it back from, just from spite. Someone higher up noticed her skill at surviving, and decided to direct her rebellion towards a more worthy goal, and set her upon her current path. And though she still has questions, she's learned when the time is right.

Your Kink List: I'm open for just about anything, except for scat and full-on bestiality. Would prefer not to engage in excessive needleplay either, but given the nature of the sabbat and vampires, I could understand a little bit on occasion to draw blood and whatnot. Other than that, I'm willing to try just about anything.

Blythe

Geeklet, sheet approved. Changes might be made later, as we decide timeline/current canon (le sigh about constantly changing metaplot that V20 doesn't really answer for me). Welcome to the Sabbat.  >:)

Everyone, an OOC will be up soon (within a day, as I write some stuff for it) as I wait to fill the last slot. The OOC will have plot details, and we can discuss how this pack came together, who has ties to other characters, and what you do and do not want for the story.

AlexStone

If you need something metaploty looked up or looked into, let me know.  I have a few reference bits for the setting lying around.

Blythe

You've been PMed, Alex, as there was something I was having trouble finding, and it does influence another player's sheet.

AndyZ

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

Second edit: Also, Andy, I just now noticed you took Black Hand membership. Just wanted you to note this from one of my earlier posts.

Fair warning that I don't always get the chance to double-check edits.  Most of my watching threads comes from getting e-mails to my phone while I'm at work.

That said, I can flip those two points to Blush of Health or something similar easily enough.

Blythe

Quote from: AndyZ on May 13, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
That said, I can flip those two points to Blush of Health or something similar easily enough.

That would work.

AndyZ

Blythe

That sheet works for me, AndyZ.

Also, might be two or three days before an OOC is up. I hit my head kind of bad today (and have a light concussion), and concentrating and going through my VtM sourcebooks is taking a while. I'll PM all of you and update this thread with a link when the OOC is up. Suggestions for things you want to include in a chronicle can be put here or PMed to me.

AndyZ

Blythe

Okay, a rough OOC is up.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174183.msg8232208#msg8232208

Here you guys go. It's not the best OOC I've ever written, and I suspect I have more work to do, but I think it's enough to where all of you have more information about the game.

Blythe

Open for recruitment again. We need 2 more players.

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Blythe

We could stand a Tzimisce, but really, any clan would be acceptable, so long as it's not one of the more exotic clans like the Salubri or the True Brujah.

Florence

Ack, sorry I've taken so long :< I've had distractions and windy storms xD;

I could maybe use a little help to figure out just what I should do with Amisi :I

EDIT: meant to post this in the OOC, but whatevs :U

Blythe

Finn, shoot me a PM with what exactly you need--I know you were struggling with assigning attributes because what you wanted didn't match what you needed to use Dementation correctly, right? Send me what you have, and I can get you going in the right direction.

And don't worry about taking a while. Hell, technically a reply once every two weeks is satisfactory in this game. Speed is not my big concern here.

AndyZ

I'm on an awful lot when I'm not at work, so I'm good with faster at times, but also willing to do slower if that's easier for people.  Just never feel as though you have to take it slow on me unless I'm at work.

Cthonig

Not being in any games here currently and the Tzimisce spot having been taken, I started lagging in following this.
    I have a Squigglebutt idea for a Tzimisce character. He would be very much into making creatures - so much so that he'd ask the pack to not kill victims so he could use them (or if you did kill, bring the bodies back as food for the existing creatures).
    Due to his interests he would not be enthusiastic about going out and fighting - his main intent would be to grab the remains after the fight. Others might try to encourage him to use his creatures for fighting but he prefers to maintain a low profile so he can continue refining his monster-making techniques. Monstrous creations lumbering down the street might help win battles but they draw far too much attention so no public creatures.
    Let me know if the idea works for your game. If a possible yes, I'll write him up. Also, let me know how disturbing I can be with the creatures.

Blythe

Cthonig, our Tzimisce spot is actually open right now. It would be interesting to have a Tzimisce in the pack who's really into the art of Vicissitude--do you think he'd follow a Path of Enlightenment? Seems like he would.

Perhaps he could be in charge of helping to guard various characters' havens?

The idea could certainly work; you can be quite disturbing. This game is the Extreme area, after all.

Wargtass

Actually just came back to this, but if Cthonig wants the spot, I'm ready to sacrifice it. I don't want to hold you guys back on this just because I work schedule had a stroke the last couple of weeks.
O/O

Blythe

I hadn't known about your work schedule, Wargtass. My apologies. If you still wish to remain in, you still have your spot if you want it. I still have an empty slot 6 I need to fill, regardless.

Besides, more Tzimisce = more awesome, unless you're both opposed to playing the same clan.

Pumpkin Seeds

Squigglebutt

Not sure if there are any more spots open, but I would tentatively like to put a Lasombra up for consideration.  At work right now so not able to go into much depth but sort of throwing my hat into the ring for now.

Blythe

Slot 6 most assuredly won't be filled for at least 2 more days. I'd like to take my time and give others some time to think of good characters they would like to play. There's a ST character Lasombra in the pack...but I wouldn't count on him being consistent, so we could use a regular Lasombra member!

Pumpkin Seeds

Silk

Is there still space for this, I'm a fairly seasoned VTM player.

Blythe

While interest has been shown by three people, Slot 6 is still not yet filled. Considering the slow pace of the game, I may open up a seventh slot, if I see a strong character concept posted here. *nodnod*

Blythe

Okay, I'm going to get rid of an assumption people seem to have.

I am not limiting this pack to just one type of clan per slot. Don't worry if the clan you want is also being played by someone else.

I don't mind having more than one Tzimisce or more than one Lasombra, or hell, another Assamite antitribu. Good players are going to be able to really make that work.

RubySlippers

Would you consider allowing a Revenant they are not exactly ghouls but are tied largely to the Sabbat, and generally inhuman enough to be appropriate to have around.

I've got some ideas depending on the family but would be handy to have around someone needs to handle the day things and well at least she would be loyal.

They can have Paths of Enlightenment as well not sure if she would take one that depends on her family.

Blythe

Since revenants are simply ghouls with a slightly different flavor, I would permit them.

bubby

*Stomps through, throwing a complete fit about system vampires because she can't be involved.*

Blythe

Geeklet

Am I the only one that thinks bubby stomping around around throwing a fit is actually kind of cute?

bubby

Quote from: Geeklet on May 26, 2013, 09:45:25 PM
Am I the only one that thinks bubby stomping around around throwing a fit is actually kind of cute?

*Sputters*

Am not!!  ;D

Quote from: Blythe on May 26, 2013, 09:44:27 PM
*grins* I feel vaguely bad now.

You should!  ;)  I have an awesome vampire character, built from my old days in Yahoo, crazy as a loon, but I know nothing about Masquerade!

/FirstWorldProblem

Blythe

Quote from: Geeklet on May 26, 2013, 09:45:25 PM

No, no you are not. <3

Quote from: bubby on May 26, 2013, 09:51:13 PM
You should!  ;)  I have an awesome vampire character, built from my old days in Yahoo, crazy as a loon, but I know nothing about Masquerade!

/FirstWorldProblem

:'(

.....at the risk of stereotyping, was your vamp a Malkavian?  ;)

bubby

Quote from: Blythe on May 26, 2013, 09:55:16 PM
No, no you are not. <3

:'(

.....at the risk of stereotyping, was your vamp a Malkavian?  ;)

I DON'T KNOW!!! She was a Freeform creation.

Actually she's the mix of Angel and Vamp, with a major back story which is what has made her crazy, but for here I've made her vamp only. BUT... have never been able to play her. I tried once, and the RP failed.

Florence

Quote from: bubby on May 26, 2013, 09:59:05 PM
I DON'T KNOW!!! She was a Freeform creation.

Actually she's the mix of Angel and Vamp, with a major back story which is what has made her crazy, but for here I've made her vamp only. BUT... have never been able to play her. I tried once, and the RP failed.

xD! My vamp is actually inspired by Drusilla :>

Re Z L

This is pretty interesting, so sad that the pack priest is already taken!  ;D

I'll see if I can piece something together soonish
A&A

Blythe

*whispers* You can try to battle the pack priest for dominance if you want.

Re Z L

Quote from: Blythe on May 26, 2013, 10:53:25 PM
*whispers* You can try to battle the pack priest for dominance if you want.

Battling an Assamite doesn't sound like it would be in my best interest  ;D

Though maaaaaybe...  ;-)
A&A

Blythe

The Ductus position is available, though. It would be possible for us to introduce a Ductus, if you would be interested in that role, assigned to the pack by the Templar overseeing things.

Although it comes with it's own interesting pitfalls and serious problems. I only recommend it for someone familiar with Sabbat-play and is very open to bloodshed.

RubySlippers

Okay if I do the Revenant, what exactly does the pack need in a daytime and night time associate of the Pack. She will know her place.

Blythe

We have a Ventrue antitribu who handles the financial affairs of the Pack. It's likely he requires someone to act as his eyes, ears, and even hands during the daytime when he needs to be involved in businesses that only function during those hours.

Blythe

UPDATE: I will not fill the empty slots for a couple of days, at least. A player new to WoD has expressed in joining, but to be sure things are fair before this person submits the same quality CS as everyone else for consideration (available in the first post), I need to send this person some information about WoD to make things fair.

Re Z L

Quote from: Blythe on May 26, 2013, 11:38:46 PM
The Ductus position is available, though. It would be possible for us to introduce a Ductus, if you would be interested in that role, assigned to the pack by the Templar overseeing things.

Although it comes with it's own interesting pitfalls and serious problems. I only recommend it for someone familiar with Sabbat-play and is very open to bloodshed.

Yea I thought you were missing one, so I went back to check.  I played one long long ago--a Salubri AT--and wouldn't mind doing it again...  I'd have to brush up a bit.

At the moment I'm heavily leaning towards Toreador AT (if that tells you anything about my open-ness to bloodshed ;D).
A&A

Blythe

A Toreador AT would be fine.

It should be noted, by all of you that have expressed interest, that I automatically reject CSes you post here if the player submitting it has not confirmed their understanding of the rules in the manner I requested in my first post.

RubySlippers

Okay a daytime face for the Pack, likely needs to be socially gifted and reasonably intelligent but not uppity.

I have an idea will submit a basic concept as per your rules with the appropriate header today later on.

Re Z L

super secret spoiler message
Squigglebutt!

Alice
Punk Rock Siren
12th Generation Toreador Antitribu

Background:
Originally from Los Angeles, she was brought into the fold by a young and ultimately naive Toreador neonate while she was on tour with her band.  The goth-punk guitarist was spotted while she was playing and performing back up vocals, which easily grabbed the rapt attention of the neonate.  He was not entirely prepared for the woman he'd granted the gift of vampirism to.

The loss of humanity, the sense of conscience and normal human emotion was enough to fracture the minds of those already perfectly sane, and for those already bordering on the fringes of human morality it was enough to plunge them into an abyss.  Sex, drugs, and rock and roll was enough to distract her from her own darker desires when warm blood still pumped through her veins, but when those pleasures suddenly meant much less, her whole world got turned on its ear.

She was quickly bored of her sire and lured him away on a trip to Tiajuana after her band had finished playing in San Diego.  What would have proved to be a night full of lust and blood, turned out to be only half-true.  What began as empty sex ended in brutal diablerie after hours of torment.  Dissatisfied with the still empty feeling within she slew the rest of her band-mates in the same evening. The bloodshed was enough to attract the attention of the police the next day, as well as the Sabbat.

Her recruitment went easily for her at first, it was a simple way for her to disappear and get away from the authorities, but the harsh realities of being a member of the Sabbat set in quickly.  Like a blade, she was tempered by the fires that the Sabbat subjected her too until her edge became as sharp as it was beautiful.  She lost the path of humanity in those days and found herself among the Nihilists, searching for meaning in the unlife beyond meaningless grasping onto her past, mortal life and its empty morality.

She moved from place to place quickly over the next few years until she eventually ended up in New York.  She spends her time now doing as the Sabbat directs her to while also hosting a radio show in the evenings, under an alternate identity, just before dusk.  Her haven has a modest sound studio which she broadcasts from.  She's tapped into the various local music scenes in the city and goes to a number of different concerts when she can.

Personality:
Sweet and personable one minute, conniving sociopath the next.  If anything consistent could be said about her it is that she enjoys keeping people off-balance, either through causing them discomfort (mentally, spiritually, or physically) or by doing things that they do not expect.  A creature of extremes, she seeks a balance to her life through living on edges--the torrential winds of a hurricane surrounding the balanced and calm eye.

To packmates she is loyal, though she can be somewhat disturbing to those with delicate sensibilities.  She prioritizes her pack before most any other cause, and while she holds their best interests in mind, what she thinks is in their best interests isn't always necessarily what the individuals might think is in their best interest.

To friends she can seem aloof, or distinctly obsessive.  Her flirtations are dangerous propositions, bordering somewhere between pain and pleasure.  She plays on the fears and vices of her allies in ways that she feels will test them and strengthen them.  Keeping them off balance helps prepare them for the strange events that may yet come.

Similarly, to neutral parties she can seem either disinterested, or madly inquisitive.  Most neutral parties fall into one of two categories:  "practice", or "perfect".  Practice are people who have little redeeming value in her mind (a category that many mortals fall into), and can safely be used to practice any mischivous or diabolical ideas she has--be it as simple as public feeding, or as devasating as flaying them alive.  Perfect category peoples are for her to hone and develop, either into loyal followers or into agents of chaos.  The latter category are typically expendable resources in her mind, otherwise they would belong in the friends or packmate categories.

Enemies rarely get to see any real face behind the porcelain masque of macabre desire.  To them she is a monster and little else beside.  Similar to neutral people, she treats these people in one of two ways, either as obstacles to overcome, or challenges to convert closer to her way of thinking.

Appearance:
Always fashionable, but never appropriate.  Her clothes range from gothic, to grunge, to punk, to high society, typically skirting on extremes.  Her hair also changes frequently, though it's natural color is black and is kept short.  Her eyes are a sapphire blue, her skin a deathly pale due to her undead nature, lips painted red or pink or blue or any other color of the spectrum.  Her slim, well-proportioned body is covered with a number of tattoos, most prominently a jade dragon that wraps around her left leg, up over her torso, across her back and down her right arm.  Her piercings are fewer than one might expect, sporting an array on each ear and a single bar through her right eyebrow.

Quote:
"You never know the value of something until its been taken away."

Kinks:
Not much is really off of the table for me.  MxM isn't really something I enjoy, but it doesn't bother me.  Scat and the like are not negotiable.  Anything else is probably fine, if you're not sure you can PM me about it first.
A&A

Blythe

Just wanted to let all of you know I'm not neglecting this. I'm still info-gathering for someone, and I've got the flu, so I'm very slow at the moment. Might be another few days before I fill the slots.

Re Z L

Quote from: Blythe on May 29, 2013, 01:40:01 AM
Just wanted to let all of you know I'm not neglecting this. I'm still info-gathering for someone, and I've got the flu, so I'm very slow at the moment. Might be another few days before I fill the slots.

No worries, feel better!
A&A

Wargtass

I'm a bit under the weather too and still pressing onwards in my work-field. Harbor-patrol doesn't help my cold along, no matter how many mil-issue scarfs I wear...  :-(
O/O

Pentagious666

would a super fucked up Tzimesce be out of line, I have a plan that is quit different then your typical Tzimesce.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Blythe

Keep in mind that several people have shown interest, and within one day I will be filling at least 2 slots. If I take any more, it will be because I've been impressed as hell by a CS.

There is one player playing a Tzimisce, and another player is applying to be one as well, so while I will read another Tzimisce sheet, we are getting full up on them.

InDeCiSive

Ahh that I am only newly approved and haven't played a VtM game in YEARS.  I am going to pop some corn and watch the action though.

Blythe

One slot is now filled: Pumpkin Seeds, who sent me her sheet and confirmation of rules via PM, is approved.

I have not yet decided the last slot.

bubby

Blythe

Bubby, CS approved. Welcome aboard!

Now....one other CS got my attention. I'm going to go ahead and approve this CS as well. Re Z L, welcome aboard as well. *whispers* Also, I like Toreador!

Slots are now full. Thank you to all who showed interest. If a slot becomes available again, I will PM one of you.

AndyZ

Rawk!  Can't wait to see what the others are playing.

Pentagious666

alright, darn I just had a really nasty and depraved tzimesce in mind, but it's not so much fun if everyone else does tzimesce.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Blythe

This interest check is listed as closed, Pentagious. I do thank you fr your interest.