Story/Character driven partners for long roleplays wanted!

Started by antech, February 28, 2012, 04:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antech

I'm looking for people who would be interested in long sessions - roleplays where adult encounters/themes aren't the object of the story, but can occur within it. The tone can be light or dark - I'm happy with either.

I'd like to RP over PM or post, but I have a YIM account and an email address for RP too - though I won't check the email address unless I'm in an RP, so PM me first.

I'm willing to sign up to different IM services for OOC chat if that's how you like to plan.

Vague ideas for settings

Zombie ApocalypseTwo characters fighting against the horde to achieve their respective goals, which just so happen to lie in the same direction. Other survivors come and go, but these two are the protagonists.

Nuclear Winter Another apocalypse scenario, but where the characters are two of a vastly diminished human race, turned to warring tribes slowly dying on a scarred, scorched planet.

Fantasy Realms Magical lands, maybe Game of Thrones style (pretty much only humans in here) or DnD (more races than you can shake a +2 stick at). A good chance to fling spells at dragons!

Rescue Nice and simple, two intrepid adventurers ride out to save a princess from the evil wizard in exchange for a hefty reward. Hijinks ensue and shenanigins are had along the way.

Costumed Crimefighters Preferably original characters, or interesting twists on existing ones. DC or Marvel, anything goes.

Sengoku The period of the state at war - the Japanese civil war that toppled the Ashikaga shogunate. Samurai and shinobi clash blades as the clans vie for power (note - doesn't have to be historically accurate, but no crazy ninja powers, cutting through 3 men with one swing etc - that would be fantasy. Which is fine too.)

Far future Human colonies on other planets, alien races to fight and befriend, new frontiers to explore; and stepping into the hustle and bustle of interstellar intrigue and planetary conflict are our guns-for-hire.

Earthbound Sci-Fi Robots, lasers, AI and other sci-fi staples but without the space travel. Think I, Robot or the Matrix.

City Noire  Gumshoes and gangsters, hit-men and hustlers - two new arrivals face the worst of the underworld.

Wild wild west Not the film, but some good ol' frontier adventuring. With natives, banditos, maybe some confederate gold. You know the drill.

Piracy!Adventure on the high seas, as buccaneers and Berbers clash with the navies of European powers - either historical or fantastical.

SteampunkAlways up for a steampunk setting, send me a PM and I'll warm the boiler.

Finally, I love working in either original or canonical worlds but I prefer playing original characters to established ones.
O/O - - - - - Requests

Sorry if my replies are coming slowly for the next week or so - I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP though.

antech

Also, some fandoms I'd like to try out - though ask me if there's something not listed, I may just have forgotten it.

QuoteAssassin's Creed
DC Comics
Dragon Age
Fable
Lord of the Rings
Marvel Comics
Metro 2033
Star Wars
The Elder Scrolls

Unless you tell me otherwise, I'll assume that we're creating original characters in these worlds =)
O/O - - - - - Requests

Sorry if my replies are coming slowly for the next week or so - I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP though.

Animegurl5

There are three things that caught my eye. The Sengoku idea, and then the fanfics of LOTR and Star Wars. :)  I'm up for any of those and really interested in what types of ideas you had in mind for any of them.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

antech

Quote from: Animegurl5 on March 15, 2012, 03:44:55 PM
There are three things that caught my eye. The Sengoku idea, and then the fanfics of LOTR and Star Wars. :)  I'm up for any of those and really interested in what types of ideas you had in mind for any of them.

Sending you a PM =)
O/O - - - - - Requests

antech

added Costumed Crimefighters, Earthbound Sci fi
updated current roleplays and some formatting.
O/O - - - - - Requests

antech

O/O - - - - - Requests

GRKeistra

Three things here caught my attention: LOTR, DC Comics, Marvel Comics. I'd love to see what sort of ideas you had in mind for these and maybe offer some of my own.

antech

O/O - - - - - Requests

antech

O/O - - - - - Requests