Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Haibane

Quote from: bdgb on January 08, 2012, 06:36:34 PM
Not a problem.  You must be completely overwhelmed.  This is well worth the wait. :)
Hey, I was just thinking that you can easily create your characters history and personality and everything because the house sorting is sometimes a complete surprise to those being sorted. What house you are sorted into in fact need only change things in a very minor way, or it could change them in a major way.

Alternatively if you have a preferred house in mind its quite easy to answer the test in a way that will get you into that house.

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 09, 2012, 06:54:12 AM
Okay, so just so I understand correctly, if I choose to play a first year, my options for sorting are A.) Play the sorting scene with everyone else when it's being played out IC, which I probably won't be able to do cause I won't be around when that takes place, or B.) when I AM able to return and start playing.. wait.. wait... it just clicked in my brain what you mean... I think. So, you and Aiden and sort me along with all of the others (I just won't be here to react to it IC) and when I do return, I can just write it like I was here all along. Is that right?
Michael, I'm guessing that the Sorting Hat scene is weeks away, real time. I'm assuming/hoping we'll have to do the Diagon Alley scene and the Hogwarts Express scenes first at least, and these could take a while to play out.

How far into the future do you think you'll be busy? Six months? LOL.

Also, hi! *hugs*

Aiden

Quote from: Haibane on January 07, 2012, 08:56:03 AM
Presumably because the quiz and that information were not from the same people.

The quiz our beloved GMs gave us to use to decide our wands allowed several different cores besides those used by Ollivander, so its logical to assume that our characters can buy their wands from sources (in Diagon Alley?) other than Ollivanders. As far as I know Ollivanders is the only canon wand supplier in DA, so question:

Will we be able to buy wands from shops other than Ollivanders?

I do hope so because my wood and core combination seems pretty rare and I'm finding it fits my character's personality very well.

Ok, now that I have an answer to this, mostly after having to change up the wands (to make them unique)

Ollivander has a great great newphew who is helping him along run the shop. All wands will be bought from Olivander, (unless a transfer from another country, and currently we only have 1 player fulfilling that criteria)

So while Olivander still has his "signature" line, his nephew has introduced new cores and woods after convincing his great great uncle.

Haibane

bubby

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2012, 02:58:54 AM
Bubby is a Wizard groupie.  :P

You know it Big Guy. I blame you and all your House Head avis!

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheHangedOne

Hiii, bubby.  :-) Come join us! Pretty please?*Puppy dog eyes.*
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

Quote from: LunarSage on January 09, 2012, 01:52:50 PM
*snogs bubby yet again*

*Dies happy under the Lunar snogs that seem to come out of everywhere!*

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 09, 2012, 02:00:45 PM
Hiii, bubby.  :-) Come join us! Pretty please?*Puppy dog eyes.*

D'awww sweetness! *Pets the puppy!* Nah...it's a bit much for me. And I'm not all that comfortable with the 'verse anyway. But you are awful sweet to try and lure me in!

'Sides....I think it's time I try and make a new game myself...no CLUE what it'll be....but I gots a hankerin'!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: bubby on January 09, 2012, 02:54:44 PM
'Sides....I think it's time I try and make a new game myself...no CLUE what it'll be....but I gots a hankerin'!
Keep me informed, please?
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 09, 2012, 02:58:57 PM
Keep me informed, please?

You betchya babes!
I'm thinkin' something along the lines of Barbarians vs 'Civilization'...Romanesque vs Franks...with maybe some fantasy mixed in...I dunno...

Kendra

okay bdgb - just do the following to resize your images

[*img height=200]http://*insert http here*[/img]

remove the * of course

if you can't just pm me the image and I'll resize it

don't post any other messages to the character sheet thread please though or people will respond and we don't want that clogged up with chatter.

Praxis

Sorry about that Kendra.  I removed the posts.

Thanks to everyone that were so quick to help.  :)

Kendra

no worries ;)
and thank you  :-)

Josietta

For anyone looking to join... I sure wouldn't mind if someone wanted to make a 3rd year student. :)   Wren needs a bestie. :(  She's the only 3rd year and only senior hufflepuff there is!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

The Golden Touch

Or more second years. We have eighteen first years, one second year, one third year, four fourth years and four fifth years. Wow... There are a lot of people in this game.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Praxis

It is going to be a spectacular madhouse with so many people.

2nd year ftw...

Saerrael

Quote from: The Golden Touch on January 09, 2012, 07:40:18 PM
Or more second years. We have eighteen first years, one second year, one third year, four fourth years and four fifth years. Wow... There are a lot of people in this game.

Good god.. You're right, that's huge o.O

Also, question. Dis and I are thinking of ping-ponging a few posts away in the One-Shot area to get a feel for our characters and their interaction (due to being 'old' friends). I'd like to know when the GMs are thinking of opening the main game (estimated, of course).

Aiden

Quote from: Saerra on January 09, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Good god.. You're right, that's huge o.O

Also, question. Dis and I are thinking of ping-ponging a few posts away in the One-Shot area to get a feel for our characters and their interaction (due to being 'old' friends). I'd like to know when the GMs are thinking of opening the main game (estimated, of course).

Wed

Saerrael

This one?

I wanted to be annoying and comment about not wanting to get married, but I thought I'd just skip that *laughs*

Aiden

MMhmm

Threads are going up tomorrow if all goes as planned. Open the next day.

The Golden Touch

Saerrael

Alright. Thank you, Aiden ♥

TheHangedOne

Will their be a special midnight launch party?  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

The Golden Touch

What number of threads are we going to have? Meaning, are we having a thread for each table plus a Great Hall thread that can include the Sorting Ceremony, or are we going to have the twenty-seven plus people in one thread?

Zealously Jaded

Lol Which Midnight? I vote for....Samoa!