Visually Inspired Ideas F for M

Started by LtRipley, April 25, 2016, 08:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtRipley

Please read over my o/o's before contacting me, thanks! :)

So I have these images that I've been hanging onto for a while that I've always wanted to do something with and I figure no better time than the present. I have bare bones ideas for each and would love to develop them some more with a partner.

I don't have a story with this in my head but I do have some ideas about the couple here, I definitely see the way he's grabbing her as maybe possessive or protective, and she looks a little overwhelmed or upset. I'm thinking a less than amiable relationship at first, perhaps a woman claimed in conquest or forced to go with this man for reasons out of her control (maybe he's taking her somewhere).

For those not familiar with the tale, the god of the Underworld, Hades, spies the daughter of the Earth goddess Demeter, a flower goddess named Persephone. He's instantly smitten with her, and steals her away to take with him to the Underworld to cure his chronic loneliness. Her mother and uncle/father, Zeus, demand her return but Hades refuses to release her until Demeter starts throwing the world of the living out of balance. Before he lets Persephone leave though, he tricks her into eating six seeds from a pomegranate, and as the laws are that anyone who eats food in the land of dead is bound to it, she has to return to the Underworld for half of the year every year. It was the Greek explanation for the seasons, half of the year Persephone is with Hades and her mother doesn't allow anything to grow in protest (fall and winter) and then Persephone returns and she lets things grow again (spring and summer).

I would love to do something with this, we could stay pretty close to the original legend or we can change it as much or as little as we like.

A princess or priestess and her faithful champion, pretty straight forward I think

A pair sent off on a quest together and finding love along the way. Likely from different backgrounds or even different cultures, perhaps not exactly happy about working together at first then coming to respect and then love one another.