World Enough and Time and Blue Moon

Started by Ember Star, September 07, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

I wasn't sure if I should put this one here, in "on topic" or "off topic", but since it's question-y, I stuck it here.

I just made a account and a introduction there. The fact that it was described as quieter and more literally drew me to investigate. I do say, it does seem a little ... dead compared to E. But there's also a lot less members and I haven't been approved yet. However, it being a slow site is a good thing for me since I spend so much time here.

I noticed several names I recognized there. I'm curious about it.

Anyway, the question part is more about Blue Moon. I made a account there a long time, and I don't have any interest in the site. Too cybery. I was wondering if there was a way to delete my Blue Moon account?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Oniya

I don't know if Blue Moon has the same rules about deleting accounts, and I think that while Veks hosts it, it's 'managed' (loosely) by someone else.  You'd really be best off asking the mods over there about deleting or otherwise inactivating your account there.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ember Star

Thanks! I'll go dig around to find a mod there
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

The Dark Raven

Yanaba79 is the name of the most active modly-type person there.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ember Star

Quote from: Daylily on September 07, 2013, 04:13:14 PM
Yanaba79 is the name of the most active modly-type person there.
I noticed him/her. But I just joined WEAT a hour ago, I don't wanna delete my account there! It's Blue Moon I'm trying to find out about deleting.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Ember Star on September 07, 2013, 04:17:20 PM
I noticed him/her. But I just joined WEAT a hour ago, I don't wanna delete my account there! It's Blue Moon I'm trying to find out about deleting.

Ooh!  I thought you might be looking for a WEAT mod, and I knew one. ;)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ember Star

Quote from: Daylily on September 07, 2013, 04:21:00 PM
Ooh!  I thought you might be looking for a WEAT mod, and I knew one. ;)
Nah. I put my intro up and I figure they'll say hi when they get a chance. LOL.

Beguile's Mistress

WEaT is a bit more laid back than E.  They'll get to you pretty soon though.

Ember Star

I've heard good things about the site, and I don't mind it being slow.

Oniya

What I've heard of Blue Moon, it's definitely geared to a different audience.  Worst case scenario, you can always put 'gone' messages in your profile there and stop signing in.  (Actually, you could even leave off the messages.  That's just me being polite to people that might surf profiles.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Ember Star

Today when I got on to see about deleting was the first time I was on in probably a year (judging by the dates on the PMs in my inbox). I nosed around in there for about a week and decided I didn't like the place. I just wanted to see if I could actually get rid of the account instead of having it sit there forgotten about.

Naiah

I think most forum sites ask you to just log out and forget about it. They usually dont delete accounts because people have a tendancy to change their minds (even if its 5 years later or whatever) but also because they dont want it being abused by some just wanting a new account.

Geraint

Quote from: Ember Star on September 07, 2013, 04:22:53 PM
Nah. I put my intro up and I figure they'll say hi when they get a chance. LOL.

WE&T is very slow on the weekends and often Yanaba isn't around then.  She's the Admin (Directrix) there and generally the only one who does approvals.  Once she sees your intro, approval should take a day or less.  Others may stop by your thread and say hi or ask questions informally, but the approval process is much less formalized there than here.

The only other active staff member is Lilias, a Femme Fatal (Mod).

Ember Star

Quote from: Naiah on September 07, 2013, 05:21:01 PM
I think most forum sites ask you to just log out and forget about it. They usually dont delete accounts because people have a tendancy to change their minds (even if its 5 years later or whatever) but also because they dont want it being abused by some just wanting a new account.
Yeah, that's understandable. I just don't like the unused things I have floating around.
Quote from: Geraint on September 07, 2013, 05:37:55 PM
WE&T is very slow on the weekends and often Yanaba isn't around then.  She's the Admin (Directrix) there and generally the only one who does approvals.  Once she sees your intro, approval should take a day or less.  Others may stop by your thread and say hi or ask questions informally, but the approval process is much less formalized there than here.

I figured from looking some of the other introductions. That's okay though as I'm in no special rush.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Ember Star on September 07, 2013, 05:45:27 PM
Yeah, that's understandable. I just don't like the unused things I have floating around. I figured from looking some of the other introductions. That's okay though as I'm in no special rush.

That being said, WEAT is an amazing, cozy place.

Lilias

Quote from: Geraint on September 07, 2013, 05:37:55 PM

It doesn't take much (wo)manpower to handle WEaT. Bunch of nice kids and all. XD
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

Quote from: Ember Star on September 07, 2013, 04:17:20 PM

darkangel76 does delete accounts - she's the only one there that can, but is rather busy. : /

Ember Star

Quote from: Vekseid on September 07, 2013, 08:31:58 PM
darkangel76 does delete accounts - she's the only one there that can, but is rather busy. : /
Awesome! Thank you! I'm in no hurry for how long it'll take her. Just wanted to if it could be done.

Ember Star

I have a question regarding WEaT and E. Can I link my Roleplay peferences form here into a signature and/or O/O thread there? I ask because I like it and it's already set up. I have a F-list account that I made a couple of days ago, but I'm a little confused with the site and I think they have character creation shut down for the moment.

If I can't link the preferences from here, I'm fine with just listing a few specific ones on a thread. Just curious.

Lord Mayerling

Couldn't you just copy and paste the code from one to the other? Both sites are secure. I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can link between the two. Or you might be able to, but you'll need to be logged in to both accounts in order to follow the link.

Ember Star

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on September 08, 2013, 10:59:41 AM
Couldn't you just copy and paste the code from one to the other? Both sites are secure. I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can link between the two. Or you might be able to, but you'll need to be logged in to both accounts in order to follow the link.
That's my concern since I imagine not "everybody" there has a E account and they wouldn't be able see it.

On the other hand, I can link it and provide a list of some favorites and some nevers for anybody who can't see it. Been meaning to make such a list to put in my O/O thread here anyway. That way I'm doubly covered until I can figure out F-list.

Oniya

I looked at your coding in the first post, and other than the Oath of Drake and your centered graphic, there's nothing 'E-specific' to really deal with.  Subsequent posts, where you link to RP threads, would of course require access to both sites.

Or were you referring to the Elliquiy 'check box' O/Os?

Ember Star

I was referring to the check box.

The thread I can just copy and edit into a thread there. But I use the check box for my 'kink list'