Interest check for Horizon Zero Dawn sandbox roleplay

Started by la dame en noir, March 26, 2018, 11:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Okay, I don't have much to say. Just that I've beaten the game and I'm currently playing the DLC. I love everything about Horizon Zero Dawn and more. There is so much more to discover, but we don't know if we're ever going to get another game - so why not play it out ourselves.

To make this beaut happen, I would need a co-gm and moderator.

Anyone, interested in this?

The more interested, the more reason I have to make a recruitment thread.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Giantmutantcrab

la dame en noir

It's definitely going to need some building because the lore and story can go so many directions.
A&A | FxF |

Giantmutantcrab

Indeed.

What was your global view on this?

Was this going to be after the game's timeline? Before? During the reign of the mad sun king?

Norsegod1839

I had my own interest check up a while back for Horizon Zero Dawn that never really got off the ground! I would love to help out with this one Dame and also express my interest!

la dame en noir

Whew, I've been busy. I'm trying to make a little google doc for possible storyline ideas and should be able to post something in the next two days.
A&A | FxF |

Norsegod1839

I have an idea for a story line involving another sect of the Carja that decide to break from the sun king but aren't hostile.

la dame en noir

But if this game is to take after the events of that big fight, what would the conflict be? I've played a little bit of Frozen wilds and there could be another aspect of danger that we discover. Perhaps Hades is back at it again.
A&A | FxF |

Norsegod1839

I would think the general conflict of the events happening in game should be Hades being back at it again or a continuation of the main story.

la dame en noir

I'm thinking about a game that has to do with Apollo in some way.
A&A | FxF |

Norsegod1839

Ah the knowledge subsect!

What's your idea? Ted Faro purged all of Apollo but GAIA was able to hide a small piece of it within one of the bases? Or perhaps Apollo was able to move itself into a "apple" so to speak of knowledge? Perhaps containing the knowledge Ted Faro tried to purge?

la dame en noir

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on April 17, 2018, 01:47:12 PM
Ah the knowledge subsect!

What's your idea? Ted Faro purged all of Apollo but GAIA was able to hide a small piece of it within one of the bases? Or perhaps Apollo was able to move itself into a "apple" so to speak of knowledge? Perhaps containing the knowledge Ted Faro tried to purge?
I feel like computers, especially those that are pretty damn conscious, have a way of storing knowledge somewhere, somehow. That's why I hope they make a second game, because Apollo holds so much of humanity before Zero Dawn.

I'm also thinking that it would be good to have Aloy in this game as a seeker - spreading all of the knowledge she has learned. Some might reject her and others might look at her as a new god - she came from "All-Mother" and she somehow knows all of this and control machines? It would make for a good conflict. People start to question their religious beliefs and everything they've learned because Aloy is this bringer of knowledge after being casted out for so long.

However, I don't think she would be a character I would play - whether I let someone else do it or an NPC is completely up in the air at this point.
A&A | FxF |

Norsegod1839

That could work! Alloy would have to go somewhere to get the knowledge however.

I mean that can happen off screen though with our characters learning that the seeker has suddenly gained some sort of old world knowledge and it spreading it as far and wide as she can and what not.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

ff

Great idea and would be willing to co-GM, had been thinking about using HZD for an RP myself.

Maybe a plot around one of the other computer 'gods'. APOLLO is probably the most interesting b/c of knowledge, and b/c of that particular thing we learned about Apollo during the game...like
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
recovering a surviving Apollo knowledge repository despite Ted Faro's attempts to destroy it

Of course I could probably think of something interesting with APHRODITE too

la dame en noir

Quote from: ff on May 07, 2018, 08:34:26 PM
Great idea and would be willing to co-GM, had been thinking about using HZD for an RP myself.

Maybe a plot around one of the other computer 'gods'. APOLLO is probably the most interesting b/c of knowledge, and b/c of that particular thing we learned about Apollo during the game...like
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
recovering a surviving Apollo knowledge repository despite Ted Faro's attempts to destroy it

Of course I could probably think of something interesting with APHRODITE too
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!
A&A | FxF |

ff

Cool, let's take that as our running premise then, and if we change our minds by the time the RP gets off the ground, well, it'll be pretty easy to pull something else out of our sexy co-GM butts at the beginning of the RP (since plot details tend to be 'reveals' to other players anyway rather than known at the start)

I'm fine with either freeform or system (if you have a particular suggestion for a system that's easy to learn)

I might use Aloy as my GMPC (since you sounded disiclined to above) but even if so she won't be a deus ex machina who already knows everything. (I love Aloy but she is kinda Mary Sueish.) In fact maybe she'd make a good damsel in distress....

Speaking of, might start with a lower-grade plot hook like slave traders, and it's from there that the PCs find some clues leading to a grander plot (the APOLLO stuff)

I frikkin love the jungly part of the game map, and I think that the border between it and Meridian (that agricultural area on the outskirts of Meridian that had the plantations and vaguely Southeast Asian feel) would be a nice place to start

Norsegod1839

la dame en noir

Glad I have some interest. I'll get to planning, for real this time, at work and I'll post something here. I'll make sure to message people if the need arises for all the help(which I'll most likely need). First, I gotta finish this profile for another game lol.
A&A | FxF |