News:

Main Menu

New Art Supplies

Started by VioletPanda, January 16, 2015, 05:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletPanda

I got a new set of sketch books and pencils in the hopes of inspiring myself to work on my art again. I'm not very good, but I want to try and I have no idea what to draw.

I'd love it if you guys could post simpler pictures I could draw! Maybe I can put what I can manage to draw in this thread? :)
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Thorne

If you can't think of anything, just doodle.
You don't need special paper for that, by the way - post-its, scratch paper, whatever's around is good for doodling on. Draw your thumbs, if nothing else holds still long enough. ^.^

I've stared at enough blank sheets to know exactly what you mean. Sometimes just making that first mark is all it takes to get your mind's eye open.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

VioletPanda

I found a picture tutorial thing of a wolf. It looks almost like the original! :)
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Thorne

If you come up with the spare monies, a book called 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain' is a good book for ... actually, anybody who gets creative with a writing instrument. It's that useful a reference. It has a lot of weird and useful drawing exercises that I've found helpful.

And I wanna see this wolf drawing. ^^
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups