It Was Really Nothing (seeking long term or one-shot)

Started by Phantasmatical, April 12, 2011, 06:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasmatical

I have a few different ideas bouncing about in this weird brain of mine, both short and long-term in nature. I'll list long-term first. Unless otherwise stated, I play male main characters, though I may play female “NPC” characters.

I prefer being able to discuss via IM, but am fine with roleplaying on forums, email, or IM. Plot discussion is simply easier when it's not going at a one-post-a-day rate. IMing for either roleplay or discussion is not necessary by any means, however.

If something in this list is "In Discussion" it means that I have been contacted about it, but it has not been finalized that we're doing the roleplay. Rest assured that everything listed on this page is open for further discussion. If a roleplay is taken, it will simply be removed.

Additional note: Check the most recent post in this thread to see recently added plots and additional notes. Ignore notes not in the most recent post; I'll repost if I feel it's still relevant when I update the thread itself.

-

Over His Head -- Greatly desired
A young businessman has catapaulted to the top, living a life most only dream of. His intelligence, determination, and forceful personality have gotten him connections quickly, and these have been used carefully to bring him from a middle-class schmuck to a multi-millionaire. He is exposed to a part of the world he's never seen before, and he leaps in with both feet. He crosses over to the other side of the law, participating in money laundering, drug dealing, and the like. He is confident, enjoying the lifestyle that his careful politicking has brought him. Then, suddenly, everything is pulled out from underneath him. A deal goes bad, and he finds himself deeply in debt - and not the kind of debt one can report to the government.

This idea essentially involves a young businessman (aged a little under thirty) who gets in over his head. These are dangerous people he has been associating with; the sort of people who have no qualms with killing. The woman to whom he suddenly owes so much, however, isn't interested in killing him. His drive and personality can still make him useful to her, and in the meantime, she can use his debt as a means to get him to do anything she pleases. Both he and she have type A personalities - and she loves forcing such a man to give in to her every demand. Dominant female a must. The roleplay does not have to include scenes of bondage and the like, but I personally would prefer it. This can (and perhaps should be) a one-shot, but as I'm willing to explore a larger story, I'm leaving it here.

If Wishes Were Horses
A young woman's grandmother dies, and among her possessions she leaves the girl a small, leatherbound book. Every page has an old woodcut image, with a caption underneath written in Gaelic. On the inside of the back cover, what looks like a poem is hand-written in the same language. The woman's grandmother didn't speak gaelic as far as she knew, nor did she ever mention the book. Also inside the book was a pressed sweet pea flower, and a note. "If you are lonely, in despair, or lost, make a wish."

Some time later when she is having a hard time, she reads the book again and finds the note. On a whim, she makes a wish: That she had a place to get away from the world. Of course, nothing happens. Wishes don't just get granted willy-nilly, you know.

Out for a walk in the park the next week, it begins to pour. Seeking someplace dry to stand until the storm passes by, the woman runs between two closely-growing bushes, knowing there is a small gazebo on the other side where she can wait out the rain. When she emerges, however, she is someplace else entirely.

Long story short, the idea behind this one is that the book is tied to a fae being. He has granted her wish, but it comes with a catch: She'll have to figure out how to leave on her own, or get him to tell her through trickery, bribery, or force. How she'll do either is anyone's guess, but I'm sure it'll be interesting. I have more plot twists for future use, but that's the initial idea of this little story at least. This could as easily be used as a one-shot, wherein it would end after she manages to escape. I'm fine with that as well.

Desperation - In Discussion
It is the most horrifying epidemic to date. The disease spread through the water at first; a toxin that formed from God-knows-where contaminating the water with what at first looked like a severe strain of the flu. Within a matter of days, however, it became clear that this was something infinitely worse. Fewer than one in fifty recovered, and those who didn't... They go insane. Rabid. They become possessed with a voracious hunger and fury that overwhelms all sense, and will chase moving prey any distance to feed. They never tire. They never sleep.

My character, virologist Dr. Albert Rosenberg, was one of the team trying to find a treatment for this horrible disease. Two months after the outbreak, the research center was overrun. Whether someone was careless with a disposed-of needle, bitten by a test rat and told no one, or whether the disease somehow got into the water system is unknown, but Dr. Rosenberg barely escaped the place with his life - and he staggered away from the carnage with a nasty bite mark at the end of it all.

Two days later, he battles a constant fever, and fears for his life. He has two goals: Find his brother and niece (children have been shown to be immune to the disease, for reasons unknown) and make sure they are safe, and find a treatment - or even a cure - before the disease claims him.

The second character could be from any walk of life. Survivors in this area are scarce; I'll explain why in PM if/when someone expresses interest in this. I do plan on playing multiple characters in this, though Rosenberg will be my main. The intention is for my partner to have a primary character as well, and play other secondary characters that may appear anywhere from a few minutes to a few days in game time.

-

Short-Term Stories
--> Beneath the Moon
In their society, it is believed that a woman's job is to care for the home and to conceive - but it is likewise believed that she will produce deformed or simple-minded children if she is dissatisfied with her husband. Thus, young men about to be married traditionally visit one of the shamans, who will teach them the proper way to please a woman. (A twist on the conventional virgin story, with the male as the virgin this time around. The shaman can be anywhere from mid-twenties to late forties; I happen to enjoy age play, and if you do as well that's awesome. :-) )

--> Beauty Tames the Savage Beast
There is a monster outside the village. Everyone has heard the stories, most have seen the bodies, and enough of them have seen it in person to know that it is no fairytale. It chases livestock let out to graze, scattering them across the hillside and occasionally eating one. It kills anyone who has set foot outside the village, and prevents any travelers from approaching. Then suddenly, a group of priestesses on pilgrimage show up in the town. How did they get in? They say that they saw the beast, but instead of attacking, it followed them at a distance until they reached the village. Up until now, the only people leaving or approaching were tradesmen or shepherds, all men. The villagers guess that the beast can be tamed by a woman's hand - or perhaps it is seeking a mate. A woman is chosen to leave the village and attempt to remove the beast from the area surrounding the village. Whether this actually means taming it (possibly leading it into a trap to be slaughtered), fleeing it until she has led it far away, or staying with it forever remains to be seen. The type of beast this is can be debated as well, according to your preferences. Minotaur, "werewolf," or something less humanoid if you wish. The only thing I'm not up for is some kind of Lovecraftian horror with little discernible anatomy. Tentacles are not really my thing.

--> Beyond the Horizon
Inspired by "She" by Abney Park. Steampunk! This is a highly undeveloped idea involving a couple involved in some kind of dangerous business. I’m thinking information gathering; essentially mercenary spies, in a sense. Either way, the relationship is undergoing some stress, as the two sometimes begin to take each other for granted (likely starting with my character) and distrust one another, basically going through a rocky period in their relationship. This could very well be a long-term roleplay, but as I don't have a concrete idea it's listed here instead. I'm looking for a mix of intrigue (maybe with a smattering of politics), action/adventure, and character development with this one. This would require a strong female protagonist. I could see this being something of a D/s idea, with the man being the sub.

--> 1,300 Miles
Inspired by "In Demand" by Texas. I’m not really sure where I want to go with this, but the general concept is that the two characters meet in New Orleans and, upon finding out that they are both headed toward New York City, decide to travel together. They may take detours along the way or it may be more or less a straight shot. By the end of the trip, neither is sure they want to be separated. I would like to play a man who is in his 40s or 50s for this plot. The female character does not need to be young; I see this as a good opportunity to pair together two "older" characters.

--> Reason Turns Rancid -- Highly desired!
A vague idea at best here, heavily inspired by my recently having finished "Alice: Madness Returns." I would very much like to do a roleplay with themes of Alice in Wonderland. I read the book a very, very long time ago (long enough that it was read to me, in fact), have seen the Disney and Tim Burton movies, and have played Madness Returns. The idea I have involves the Cheshire Cat guiding Alice through Wonderland. What they are pursuing can be decided during plot discussion, but I don't plan on it being a particularly long roleplay. This one may or may not actually have any erotic scenes in it; this would be one of the very few situations in which I would be willing to play as an anthropomorphic creature, with that in mind. The Cheshire Cat would serve as a sort of guide to an Alice who hasn't seen Wonderland in many years. Wonderland is a dangerous place to the more logical mind of an adult; while her childhood self imagined a fanciful place of singing flowers and playful card-people, now that she has seen the dangers of the world Wonderland teeters on the edge of a nightmare.

-

Other Things
I like video games. I like books. I like movies, and a few TV shows as well. Here are a few I'm particularly interested in at the moment.

Video Games
Dragon Age (I have character ideas and a plot idea.)
LAIR

Books
Jacqueline Carey's "Kushiel's Dart" and others. The "Kushielverse" in other words. (I have character ideas and an inkling of a plot idea.) - In discussion
Forgotten Realms (I doubt I'll get any interest for this, but I've always loved the way R.A. Salvatore wrote dwarves. Otherwise, I'm a great fan of Calimport. I have a plot idea for the dwarven option.

Movies/TV Shows
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I like Watchers. I am not, however, interested in the Watcher-becomes-a-vampire trope.)
Firefly
Star Trek (I've only watched the Original Series extensively, but I have no problem with the other series, and prefer not to stay strict to canon anyway.)
Star Wars (I have a character and plot idea.)

-

And... That's all for now! PM me and I'll respond in a timely manner (same-day, more likely than not).

Phantasmatical

Added the one-shot based on "Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll."

Phantasmatical

Added two one-shots: one based on "Carnival of Rust" by Poets of the Fall, and Privilege of Rank.

Phantasmatical

Added "Humanity Is..."

Not really sure where I'm going with that one, to be honest. It does seem like it would be fun though, so there it is.

Phantasmatical

Edited a little all over, particularly "The Dog and the Wolf." Also added the plot inspired by Abney Park's "She."

Phantasmatical

Phantasmatical

Phantasmatical

Phantasmatical

Added "Over His Head."

I am very interested in doing a sort of D/s relationship wherein both parties have strong personalities, but the man becomes the submissive one behind closed doors. I'm especially interested in a bit of a power struggle, either a genuine one or one in which he knows he will give in.

Witness the plot "Beyond the Horizon" and "Over His Head" for two examples. I can also see "Beauty Tames the Savage Beast" turning out this way; it would be an interesting twist.

Phantasmatical

Added "Reason Turns Rancid."

To repeat: I am very interested in doing a sort of D/s relationship wherein both parties have strong personalities, but the man becomes the submissive one behind closed doors. I'm especially interested in a bit of a power struggle, either a genuine one or one in which he knows he will give in.

Witness the plot "Beyond the Horizon" and "Over His Head" for two examples. I can also see "Beauty Tames the Savage Beast" turning out this way; it would be an interesting twist.

Come to think of it, it might be an amusing twist to "Reason Turns Rancid" as well.

Also see this thread for an idea involving my orc character Kemaal and the woman to whom he has (tentatively) sworn his service.

Phantasmatical

Added pictures to all ideas, just for the heck of it. I don't own a single one of those images; they belong to their respective creators.

I am very interested in doing a sort of D/s relationship wherein both parties have strong personalities, but the man becomes the submissive one behind closed doors. I'm especially interested in a bit of a power struggle, either a genuine one or one in which he knows he will give in. This does not necessarily imply the use of bondage equipment, though I am certainly open to and interested in that.

Witness the plots "Beyond the Horizon" and especially "Over His Head" for two examples. I can also see "Beauty Tames the Savage Beast" turning out this way; it would be an interesting twist.

Come to think of it, it might be an amusing twist to "Reason Turns Rancid" as well.

Also see this thread for an idea involving my orc character Kemaal and the woman to whom he has (tentatively) sworn his service.