Dragon Ball: A new World (Recruitment)

Started by Green Goo Theory, December 26, 2017, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: Kathyan on January 15, 2018, 05:52:20 PM
And thanks ReZL, will you really look for revenge once the game starts? can hardly wait now. ^^

I would never make idle threats!  ;D
A&A

Green Goo Theory

I believe I may have to stand aside and let this punishment happen.  These transgressions can't go unpunished. 
Coming soon...

RedEve

Is this about the original show and not Dragon Ball Z?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kathyan

Hi Eve, yeah this is more about the original DB rather than the super powered saiyan focused DBZ, that's also one the reasons to keep it low on saiyans... although we do have a majin in the group :P but the power level is still low and that's just to have more diversity to the group so I think you could still join in with some unusual race.

LeSane

I was interested in joining as a human though his ability is something I'd have to discuss as I don't know if it would be on the low power scale.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Sumara

On/Off Scroll

Due to life right now, I'm not able to rp atm.  My recent illness has caused all kinds of problems and I need to spend time correcting them.  I hope to be back soon!

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: RedEve on January 19, 2018, 09:00:27 AM
Is this about the original show and not Dragon Ball Z?

It's starting in a point in the time frame more in line with the original DB.  It will eventually transition onward changed accordingly with the new cast of characters.  It'll include new arcs and villains and such as we retell the story. 

Quote from: LeSane on January 19, 2018, 10:13:09 AM
I was interested in joining as a human though his ability is something I'd have to discuss as I don't know if it would be on the low power scale.

You can always PM me if you don't want to discuss it here. 

Quote from: Sumara on January 20, 2018, 02:58:07 AM
*pokes head in*

Get in here and close the door.  You're letting on the cold air in. 
Coming soon...

RedEve

I'm not as familiar with the original DB. I watched it too, but much longer ago than DBZ.

Sumara

It's pretty much little Goku going around solving everyone's problems by hitting things with his stick and his cloud and eating a lot.  Also he has a different set of supporting cast than in DBZ who aren't all fighters.  But the big storylines are the tournaments, Red Ribbon Army, and King Piccolo pretty much.
On/Off Scroll

Due to life right now, I'm not able to rp atm.  My recent illness has caused all kinds of problems and I need to spend time correcting them.  I hope to be back soon!

RedEve

I remember Bulma was also already in there, as a rival for collecting the Dragon Balls, right?

Sumara

So Bulma shows up in the very first episode and it's through her that Goku learns of the dragon balls.  She's not so much a rival but more a friend and pretty much his first friend.  Yamcha was a big rival of his, as were Tien and Chaotzu though if I remember right, the first time the dragon balls were used in the series was during a fight with Emperor Garlic Jr. where Oolong stops the bad guys from conquering the world by using the wish to get Bulma's panties.
On/Off Scroll

Sasquatch421

Actually it was Emperor Pilaf, Garlic Jr. didn't turn up til later... I believe the wish that Oolong made was for the world most comfortable pair of women's underwear, but I'm going off of the English dub so might not be entirely accurate. The wish comes back to make an episode of GT really interesting...

Norsegod1839

I believe he just wished for a hot girls panties! Because he was a pervert!

Kathyan

Yeah Bulma was looking for the dragon ball to get a boyfriend but he had Yamcha now, Yamcha wanted to lose his fear of girls but he had achieved that with Bulma already, I don't remember if anyone else wanted to make a wish and Oolong takes his chance to get away with his wish for girl panties ;D

By the way what race is Pilaf, I recall he being referred as a martian at some point but I later he is no longer referred in that way, although that may have been just a latin dub thing.

Norsegod1839

The wiki just refers to him as a monster type earthling

Matttheman89

Hey everyone. Sorry for the radio silence. I saw how many people were suddenly wanting Saiyans and I kinda lost interest in my own character.  :-[

So, are we at just one saiyan character allowed now, meaning I should change my guy to a human?

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Sumara on January 21, 2018, 03:35:44 AM
It's pretty much little Goku going around solving everyone's problems by hitting things with his stick and his cloud and eating a lot.  Also he has a different set of supporting cast than in DBZ who aren't all fighters.  But the big storylines are the tournaments, Red Ribbon Army, and King Piccolo pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE9Y--Oz3Vc

Yeah, that's pretty much Goku's approach.

Quote from: RedEve on January 21, 2018, 03:40:45 AM
I remember Bulma was also already in there, as a rival for collecting the Dragon Balls, right?

She was a team mate more than a rival.  I'm still not sure if I'm bringing in Bulma or going the route of a replacement.  I'm just not sure I could properly play her. 

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on January 21, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
The wiki just refers to him as a monster type earthling

Yeah, Earth is pretty varied in its population in DB-verse.  I know Super kind of changed the definition of such but there were even other gods featured in DB. 

Quote from: Matttheman89 on January 21, 2018, 12:19:41 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry for the radio silence. I saw how many people were suddenly wanting Saiyans and I kinda lost interest in my own character.  :-[

So, are we at just one saiyan character allowed now, meaning I should change my guy to a human?

There are other options available.  Not just Earthlings if the backstory works out. 
Coming soon...

Matttheman89

Ok, so definitely not a saiyan then? I can figure something else out if that's the case, I'd just like to be sure. Or is there anyway the rule could be tweaked to one female and one male saiyan? If not, that's ok, I'd just like to know.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Matttheman89 on January 21, 2018, 12:28:05 PM
Ok, so definitely not a saiyan then? I can figure something else out if that's the case, I'd just like to be sure. Or is there anyway the rule could be tweaked to one female and one male saiyan? If not, that's ok, I'd just like to know.

I'm going to keep it restricted to just the one at this time.  If you need any help let me know. 
Coming soon...

Matttheman89

Name: Gen
Race: Human
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Gen is strong, proud, short-tempered, and aggressive. Despite these tendencies, he's not a bad sort, at least as long as you don't get on his bad side. He fights for and follows his own beliefs, rather than any preconceived notions of right and wrong, which can occasionally make it difficult to know which side he might land on during conflict. He does have a sense of honor though, and will never let a good deed towards him go unrepaid.

History: As a young child, Gen was found wandering lost and alone in the mountains by a married couple on a hike, and taken into their care. He was a rowdy, unruly youngling, but they loved him all the same, and in time Gen grew to love them too. His adoptive father was a capable martial artist, and once Gen was old enough, began teaching him what he knew, in the hopes of giving the boy an outlet for all his energy, and teaching him focus. The lessons were partially successful, as Gen took to martial arts well, quickly learning everything his father had to teach him and more, yet rather than quieting his spirit, it only instilled within him a need to grow stronger, and to prove himself the strongest of all.

So as Gen grew older, he eventually set out on his own in search of ways to test his strength, in the hopes of growing stronger as a result.

Weapons/Equipment: None
Techniques:

Big Bang Crash
A red sphere of energy fired from the hand, creating a large explosion on impact.

Ki Orb
Gen engulfes an opponent in an energy orb before making it explode on itself

Ok. Here's my revised profile. Hopefully it's good enough, but if not, let me know and I can rework it some more.

Pink Professional

Looks pretty damn fun. I'm interested if you've still got open spots.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Pink Professional on January 22, 2018, 10:43:07 PM
Looks pretty damn fun. I'm interested if you've still got open spots.

Who/what were you interested in playing?
Coming soon...

Pink Professional

I'm not fully decided yet. I was thinking either a Human or an Android, probably male. If I went with the human I'd probably explore a sort of 'mystic' fighter, using Dragonball's early ideas of magic and stuff to pretend he isn't just a puny human punching bag for the Saiyan/Androids/Majins of the world.

Edit: because I needed a bit of time to figure out how I was going to pitch it...

Tang, the Mystic Martial Artist
Name: Tang Jean
Race: Human
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: A pretty excitable individual, Tang is driven by his own sense of morality and curiosity; so much so that he was excommunicated from the tutelage of his mentors in the mystical arts for it. With parts of his memory wiped clean in an effort to protect the mystical monastery he grew up in, Tang hungers for a way to improve his powers and is also only just starting to properly experiencing the real world. He’s the sort of person who might seem very hard to approach on first meetings; what with his resting glare and generally quiet demeanour, but breaking through that initial barrier is pretty easy, as he's easily enticed with promises of interesting things; be it interesting people, or stories, or techniques, or even food.

Despite his excitable nature, he is a fairly prideful creature. He thinks of his mystical talents as a rare and wonderful gift, and he partly resents not being able to further expand upon them. So much so that he will almost certainly look for additional ways that some might consider...morally dubious. He also quick to scorn anyone who underestimates his capabilities, or dismisses them too quickly.

History: Abandoned from birth, Tang would have died were he not stumbled upon by the mystics of the great Sanzang monastery. They raised the boy in their little community, and soon found that he was had a knack for learning the mystic arts. Techniques and secrets that took decades for other masters to learn took him weeks, and soon he was considered the next candidate for Grand Master of the monastery. When he was an adult, he was told about the monastery’s hopes for him, and he was thrilled at the prospect of becoming a Grand Master of something so important to him. Sadly, the seat came with a price that Tang refused to pay; impartiality. The Sanzang Monastery had promised to keep out of mortal affairs, and Tang refused to do so. He was too curious about the world, and refused to separate himself from it.

For several years, the residents of the monastery did not acknowledge the truth, hoping that Tang’s mind would change. It did not. At the age of Twenty-Four, Tang made the decision that he couldn’t stay with his adopted family anymore. He needed to grow beyond the confines of the wall, and he agreed to have his memory of the Monastery’s location wiped from his mind, as well as the names and faces of its occupants. It was a heavy price to pay, but Tang paid it willingly, dedicated to the idea that he could do more good for the world by being a part of it.

For two years, Tang has wondered the land, using his mysticism to help make things better. Along the way, he met a few strangers and picked up a few martial arts tricks, but at the moment he simply exists; waiting for a grander purpose to reveal itself.

Weapons/Equipment: Tang doesn’t have much in the way of earthly possessions. The clothes on his back and a small sack of belongings are all that he owns, carrying them constantly as he walks the lands.

Techniques:

Soul Fire: A basic ability that allows Tang to convert Ki into explosive energy. The white-hot Ki is unique in that it passes through inorganic and non-living matter harmlessly, exploding only when it touches living energy or instead just fizzling out. The bigger the blast, the more it drains Tang.

Spirit Summoning: A slightly more paradoxical ability, Tang summons the spirits of the deceased for aide -summoning either the recently dead or those clinging on to the mortal realm instead of passing on, and either imploring them for information or converting them into energy to use for his Soul Fire technique. Particularly strong spirits can resist this conversion technique, meaning it isn’t an efficient charging method, but it’s useful in a pinch.

Infusion: The most potent ability Tang has, Infusion allows Tang to use his Ki to bolster people’s natural abilities. So far the applications are limited by his inexperience, and he’s only able to boost a person’s regenerative abilities, and increase raw strength. There are obviously limitations, as with anything that uses ki. Boosting regenerative abilities will sap stamina by the bucket loads and is not an in-combat technique unless things are dire. Boosting raw strength is also a little unrefined as a technique, and is hard to control. It’s best used for lifting heavy things, or blocking big hits, because using it offensively makes it difficult to hold back.

Basic Martial Arts: Less a defined technique and more a mish-mash of picked up styles, Tang’s two years of wandering has led him to meet a number of people willing to show him basics on how to throw kicks and punches. He’s basically just a skilled practitioner that might place well in a Tenkaichi tournament, but never actually win it.

Strengths

• Mysticism: Because of its rarity in the universe, not every creature has a good defense against some of Tang’s more unique abilities. His Soul Fire technique’s ability to pass through inorganic material is surprisingly useful in taking down foes.
  • Supporting Talents: Despite not being the greatest fighter, Tang has a lot of other useful skills. Being able to talk with the recently dead, and being able to heal people is a surprisingly useful talents, and is what has let him roam freely for the last few years.
  • Talent for Growth: Tang’s talents for growth are not limited to the Monastery he grew up in. He picks up techniques quicker than most, and has a greater scope for development than most other humans.

Weaknesses

• Only Human: Tang’s body is not designed for the rigours he puts himself through. He might be better than your average human, but Tang can’t stop bullets yet, and he’d die from broken bones or blood loss, just like any other human.
  • Weak Martial Artist: Tang’s training as a martial artist is fledgling at best, and he would never beat a martial artist in a 1-on-1 up close. Assuming he can keep his distance and use the Soul Fire technique, he might eek out a win, but when it comes to trading punches he’s at a serious disadvantage.
  • The Hunt for more Power: Learning to expand his mystical arts is not going to be easy for Tang. His teachers at the Monastery are forever out of his reach, which leaves few people who would be willing to teach him, and even fewer who could offer him anything worthwhile. Outside of dead-men and demons, he’s basically out of options.
  • Poorly Educated: Tang’s education is pretty extensive; if you only need someone who can do basic reading and writing, but can tell you about the mystic cosmos and the many different gods above. He will struggle with certain problems, even if he’s too stubborn to admit it, and don’t get him started on money, or math.

Sasquatch421

Here's what I've got for the second character... Wanted him done sooner, but got stuck without power and digging out today...

Name: Glacius
Race: Frieza Clan
Sexuality: Heteroromantic Asexual
Personality: He is a gentleman who respects most of his opponents. Like most of his race his incredibly prideful in the fact that they are one of the most powerful races in the universe. However he can be cocky and plays around with his opponents and testing them before using his full strength. Despite this Glacius isn’t so arrogant as to view himself as invincible, he will openly admit when he feels an individual can challenge his might.

Even more Glacius has a very caring nature to him wanting to save and protect those weaker then him. This includes standing up for the children, never wanting to give up in fear of destroying the hope of those children. Above all he despises those that would use their power to bully and pick on those weaker then themselves. Glacius has a special hatred of the ruling family of his race aiming to destroy every one of them for the cruelty they have imposed on races weaker then themselves. He is even willing to die to rid the universe of the cruelty that his race can show, if it means another child won’t cry for the lost of his or her parents, and they get to keep their hopes and dreams.

To those he meets Glacius is polite and appears to be truly happy to meet new people. He is also interested to learn any new ways of fighting and looks forward to getting stronger.

History: The young alien called Glacius was born on the planet of Frieza-034. Growing up on the planet he was feared by the other inhabitants due to the fact that he was part of the race that took over the planet. No matter how much he tried to befriend other people on the planet it was to no avail. Glacius ended up on the outside looking in, watching as the Galactic Frieza Army treated the people like crap and his disgust started to grow.

Then one day things changed as a child threw a stone at him thinking Glacius was part of the ruling family. He ignores this even if he was slightly affronted, and continues onward. However a member of the Army witnessed the attack and struck the child. This pissed off Glacius and pushed him over the edge, and he took action protecting the child that threw the stone by beating down the members of the Army present. It was after that moment he realized that he must take down the royal family.

Heading out Glacius stole an attack pod and left his home world to travel and begin his fight against the royal family. It didn’t take long however, before Glacius discovered that he was no match against the leaders of the Frieza Galactic Army. Sure he could take on the soldiers, but the members of the Royal Family? Glacius was out matched, but then he discovered a new bit of information…  It seemed there was a set of orbs on some planet named Earth that could grant any wish. So he set course to this new planet….

Weapons/Equipment:
   Scouter: Glacius uses a scouter to find out power levels.

Techniques:

Death Beam: Glacius’ signature technique he raises his right hand and fires a small, thin, very fast and concentrated laser like beam of ki from his fore finger, which barrels down and can pierce through his opponent depending of how powerful Glacius decides to make the beam. This attack is able to be fired quickly with precision accuracy. He is able to use the Death Beam as a barrage style attack as well. The longer the attack is charged the more lethal it can become, but Glacius usually keeps it weak to prevent accidental deaths.

Glacius Blitz: This is a physical style blitz that starts out with a punch to the face of the opponent. If this connects his hands will close behind the opponents head and pull them down into a knee strike to the jaw. As the opponent falls backwards Glacius will then wrap his tail around the opponents ankle and slam them back and forth into the ground.

Frieza Race Abilities:

Tails: Like the Saiyans, Glacius’ race has tails, but unlike the Saiyans the tails of the Frieza Race are extendable. They are able to use their tails as a weapon slapping people around, choking and throwing.

Transformation: Like all members of the Frieza Race, Glacius is also able to use various transformations. However unlike other races who utilize transformations to reach greater powers levels, the Frieza Race utilizes them to suppress their powers as to not use too much energy. They are also used to maintain self-control so they don’t lose control over their powers.

The first three forms are energy suppressing forms and the fourth form is actually their true form. Beyond that the forms can increase their powers such as their 100% Full Power form which uses stamina way to fast. After that comes Super Evolution form and finally their most powerful form which is the Ultimate Evolution.

Bio Suits: All members of the Frieza Race are able grow their own clothing and armor from their own body tissue. These clothes and armor can be removed at will or replaced with newly grown clothing. Even wearing artificial clothing like battle armor, members usually have bio suits on underneath.

Other: All members of the race is able to survive in the vacuum of space, can fly utilizing their own ki and some can even survive horrific injuries like being cut in half. Any damage sustained in their first three forms are usually healed transforming into their true form. All members of the race are also faster then most other races and the more their injured their speed increases.

Green Goo Theory

Tang looks good.  Glacius works too but I want to discuss a few things with you first before any kind of introductions are made.  See what you're okay with.  Some of the more overt aliens and such I kind of want to work in a bit more slowly.  Especially since he's a secondary character for you. 
Coming soon...