Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Funny incident during Trump's staged signing of the foreign steel ban. Several former steel workers in labour clothes had been placed close to Trump on stage to make the point about the "foreign butchering" of the steel industry. One of them told the story of his father who had decayed and lost his vitality after he lost his job. Trump listened and then said, with the right touch of schlock: "That was brave of you, and I'm sure your father is sitting on high and watching you right now, feeling proud of you".

Worker: "Now wait...he's still alive!"

:D

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Eikichi on March 09, 2018, 05:55:50 AM
Least neither of you thought to yourself this was a ploy by Kim to set a meeting in Korea and then release nukes on the US knowing Trump wouldn't retaliate because he'd have to drop a nuke on himself.

Trump ain't *that* dumb. :D

Seriously I think the meeting could likely take place in China, or possibly in Japan. Countries where both Trump and Kim would feel safe and where there's no risk for any collusion in an abduction of either president.

Pumpkin Seeds

Just confused now about the Trump video game meeting.  So ban digital guns but not real guns...that will solve the problem right?

Aiden

Well the video game lobby isn't paying off the GOP...yet.

Sara Nilsson

QuotePresident Donald Trump will not meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un unless North Korea takes "concrete and verifiable actions" toward denuclearization, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/politics/north-korea-meeting-trump-conditions/index.html

Already backing a bit about the meeting with NK.

Markus

мαякυs's αωσℓ ησтιcε

ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡʙᴏʀɴ ɢᴏ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴛ ɪs ᴠᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ.

Missy

Quote from: Mithlomwen on March 09, 2018, 05:40:01 AM
I've become so cynical where Trump is concerned, that my honest to goodness first thought when I heard that, was to think that Trump and Kim Jong Un have secretly been conversing via backdoor channels, cooking up this whole horrible situation, so Trump could then take credit for getting Un to give up his nuclear capabilities, and thus look good in the eyes of the world. 

To realize that was my first thought was really sad.  :/

I think you give him too much credit

Missy

Quote from: Aiden on March 09, 2018, 10:20:50 AM
Well the video game lobby isn't paying off the GOP...yet.

You think that's likely to happen?

I mean how much money do you think that might take?

You think they're likely to try to work against their base that way?

Orval Wintermute

gaggedLouise

DominantPoet

Quote from: Missy on March 12, 2018, 09:31:11 PM
You think that's likely to happen?

I mean how much money do you think that might take?

You think they're likely to try to work against their base that way?

Hell no that won't happen. The US isn't even the biggest video game buyer/consumer, in general, these days, so. They'd just piss off the gamers/hackers and get massive retaliation in the way of Anonymous and the like, and they know it. That...or they'd just cripple the video game industry in the US and piss off Microsoft.

Either way, it's unlikely anything will come of this violence in video games stuff, as usual. It's been blamed before and nothing came of it then really either.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Hyacinth on March 13, 2018, 08:16:16 AM
And Rex Tillerson is out.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-replaces-secretary-state-tillerson-cia-director-125003830--abc-news-topstories.html

A lot of people have seen this coming for a long time.  You don't exactly get to call your boss an idiot to people who will report it and get to keep your job, and for someone who insists on his subordinates having a diehard loyalty stance like Trump, that goes triple.  That it took 8 months rather than 8 minutes for Trump to do so is probably the most astounding thing.

On the flipside, him getting removed means that the CIA gets a new director who actually understands what it MEANS to be a CIA agent, and the challenges that they can face.

Regina Minx

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 13, 2018, 06:45:24 PM
On the flipside, him getting removed means that the CIA gets a new director who actually understands what it MEANS to be a CIA agent...

Wut.

Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of dozens of people.

Sara Nilsson

And it wasn't even useful info they got.

Zubaydah gave up the plot before being tortured. And has been ruled that the plots where infeasible and in one case very much so. One of the plots was based on a satirical article on the web how to make a nuke by spinning the uranium around your head really quickly to enrich it.

And Al-nashiri was also deemed to have not given the interrogators any useful information.

Sara Nilsson

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43465229

Trump officially has now stated he wants the death penalty for drug dealers. Because harsh punishments has worked so well so far in dealing with the drug problem. (sarcasm)

TheGlyphstone

They called Duerte the Filipino Trump. Is Trump becoming the American Duerte?

Callie Del Noire

So apparently open government is something that happens to others, supposedly the president is demanding senior staff to sign NDAs

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/19/595025070/sworn-to-secrecy-trumps-history-of-using-nondisclosure-agreements

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on March 19, 2018, 02:01:48 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43465229

Trump officially has now stated he wants the death penalty for drug dealers. Because harsh punishments has worked so well so far in dealing with the drug problem. (sarcasm)

I bet he really would want them hanged in public. :(

OT: Alexander Nix, CEO of Cambridge Analytica, is fired (insert Trump/URF joke here) after he and other top figures of the firm boasted that they were the real puppetmasters behind Trump's election and had some of the catchphrases ready well before Trump had even decided to run.

Also, the firm may have been in breach of US election law.

Quote from: The Guardian

In secretly recorded conversations, Cambridge Analytica’s CEO, Alexander Nix, claimed he had met Trump “many times”, while another senior member of staff said the firm was behind the “defeat crooked Hillary” advertising campaign.

“We just put information into the bloodstream of the internet and then watch it grow, give it a little push every now and again over time to watch it take shape,” said the executive. “And so this stuff infiltrates the online community, but with no branding, so it’s unattributable, untrackable.”

Caught on camera by an undercover team from Channel 4 News, Nix was also dismissive of Democrats on the House intelligence committee, who had questioned him over Russian meddling in the 2016 campaign.

Senior managers then appeared to suggest that in their work for US clients, there was planned division of work between official campaigns and unaffiliated “political action groups”.
MPs summon Mark Zuckerberg and accuse Facebook of misleading them. That could be considered coordination – which is not allowed under US election law. The firm has denied any wrongdoing.

Cambridge Analytica said it had a firewall policy in place, signed by all staff and strictly enforced.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/20/cambridge-analytica-execs-boast-of-role-in-getting-trump-elected

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on March 20, 2018, 04:31:20 PM
I bet he really would want them hanged in public. :(

OT: Alexander Nix, CEO of Cambridge Analytica, is fired (insert Trump/URF joke here) after he and other top figures of the firm boasted that they were the real puppetmasters behind Trump's election and had some of the catchphrases ready well before Trump had even decided to run.

Also, the firm may have been in breach of US election law.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/20/cambridge-analytica-execs-boast-of-role-in-getting-trump-elected

Relevant to this: https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/18/17134270/cambridge-analyticas-facebook-data-underscores-critical-flaw-american-electorate

Facebook has suspended Cambridge Analytica and its parent company, Strategic Communications Laboratory for violating their Terms of Service.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Apparently Stormy Daniels has undergone a lying detector test, upholding her claim that she really did have sex with Donald Trump back in 2006... :P

RedEve

Quote from: gaggedLouise on March 21, 2018, 02:55:03 PM
Apparently Stormy Daniels has undergone a lying detector test, upholding her claim that she really did have sex with Donald Trump back in 2006... :P

Does anyone really doubt this? I mean, even Trump supporters?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Oniya

I just find it amusing that he didn't sign his own 'contract' with her (even under an assumed name), which could possibly render the non-disclosure agreement invalid.  Superior business acumen right there.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Lie detectors are infamously unreliable, admittedly. I dont think they are even legally admissible in court anymore.

She is still telling the truth though, IMO. Just that the detector is irrelevant.

DominantPoet

I'm starting to get my hopes up a bit that this year Trump is going to shoot himself in the foot bad enough he goes bye-bye. I mean...

- He's now got at least two women claiming affairs, there could be more out there, who knows?

- He's congratulating a dictator for winning a rigged election

- He's pissing China off to no end and they are going to bite him in the ass good from the sounds of it

- He's pretty much on the cusp of firing Mueller and pissing off his own party to the point some are already saying if he does it, they're going for impeachment

*fingers crossed especially for that last one*