I voted! How busy were your polling places?

Started by National Acrobat, November 04, 2008, 07:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Got to the polls at 6:45. I waited five minutes to vote in the 2004 and 2006 elections, I waited 45 minutes this time. Never seen this sort of turnout. The biggest issue at my polling place is parking. It's an elementary school, which as we all know, they don't have the parking lots that High Schools and Churches have. The school is surrounded by neighborhoods and there are tons of 'no parking' signs everywhere.

My district is a western suburb of Richmond, Va, and voted for Bush overwhelmingly in 2000 and 2004, voted overwhelmingly for John Warner in 2000, but George Allen barely won my district in the 2006 election he lost to Jim Webb.

McCain leads the polls in my district, but Mark Warner leads the Senate Polls by a huge margin in my district, county and the state overall. Should be an interesting day. An interesting fact that I think really shows the dynamics of the election in Virginia. Given that Mark Warner is up by 30+ points on his republican rival, you'd imagine that would translate to a larger lead for Obama in Virginia which has a democratic governor.

Trieste

Quote from: National Acrobat on November 04, 2008, 07:15:04 AM
The biggest issue at my polling place is parking. It's an elementary school, which as we all know, they don't have the parking lots that High Schools and Churches have. The school is surrounded by neighborhoods and there are tons of 'no parking' signs everywhere.

This is true for mine as well, though I got to mine at about 7:15 ... looked in the car for my ID, realised I forgot it, drove back to get it, then went back to my polling place at around 7:20 ... And slipped right in. There were empty voting booths to either side of me, as well.

Demoness

I voted a few days ago. No one else was around.

Oregon is nice.

(For those not in the know, we have mail-in voting, so there's never any trouble. :)

Vekseid

Minnesota has a rather well-stocked system. No wait at all. The votecounter said it had counted ~800 votes at ~9 AM, so...

Mellonlegolas

I voted today at like 10:30am which is when most people are at work so there wasn't really anyone around... I'm not sure how NJ feels about either candidate, I just moved here.
My ons and offs can be found here

ShrowdedPoet

Well I voted the first day of early voting in Phillips County AR and waited about 20 minutes.  I hear I'm lucky cause after that I think it took more than an hour.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

King_Furby

only me and 5 other people were there at the time when i went. i missed the big lunch crowd.

The Overlord

45 minutes wait for me. Atlanta metro became a self-fulfilling prophecy; those that went early last week to beat the crowds ended up creating them...waits as long as 8-10 hours weren't unheard of.

Getting up on it in the mid-morning was the thing to do; I got in just before 11AM to beat the lunch crowds, and it paid off.

This evening I sit very relaxed and relieved, I've done my duty and my right as an American citizen, and helped elect our next president. We've just watched history occur, and I think we're all still trying to fully assimilate it.

Ket

I had no wait what-so-ever.  What took the longest for me was the guy sitting there making sure I knew how to use a touch screen.  How many times must I tell someone that I've used the touch screen voting system we have here before...

But all in all, I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.  And that's with the touch screen being a pain in my butt and not recording every letter for my write-in vote and forcing me to hit backspace a few times.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.