DnD 3.5 Interest Check / Brainstorming - Cursed Dice

Started by Theik, June 19, 2011, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theik

It is something I have already discussed in the shoutbox at some point to get some ideas going, but the basic idea is as following:

A group of friends is playing dungeons and dragons. Because their dice went missing the last time, one of them got some new ones from a nearby voodoo store. Ignoring the shopkeeper's warning that voodoo is not a toy, they decided to use them for their game all the same... only to end up inside of their gameworld, stuck inside the bodies of their characters. As if that wasn't bad enough, the world quickly takes a turn for the worse and they have to save it in the hopes of getting out.

Ideas:
I'm thinking a first level start, because it would make more sense RP-wise. They weren't exactly warriors or sorcerers in the real world, so starting them out learning the ropes works best.

Meta-gaming would be allowed, based on the knowledge of the real-world character. A total DnD geek might know exactly how to beat a gelatinous cube, where as somebody who joined the session for the first time would be left relatively clueless as to what is going on. They did not lose their memory after going inside their characters.

Characters could become drastically different. Think the six-foot tall jock who joined his first session suddenly being stuck in a halfling wizard's body, the flat-chested geeky girl of the group suddenly being a towering, busty barbarian, the guy who always plays female characters getting stuck in a female body.

Note:
This is not a sign-up thread, I'm mostly just looking to see who would be interested and who has ideas to share. There's no need to post character profiles yet. I'd love some ideas on what kind of adventure the RP would be, etc.

BenedictWolfe

Well... sounds interesting, I must say. A little bit reminiscent of "The Gamers", "Journey Quest" and "Tales from the Table". I might be up for this.

If you need ideas for adventures, remember that there are dozens of 3.5 adventure modules available.

TheHangedOne

I love this idea! Also, an idea or two of my own. If you want to really make things spooky, you could always consult the 3.0 edition Ravenloft stuff.  I think it might be interesting to have the characters shifted into that particular D&D world. And even if not, you could yoink ideas from it. Their's also a book out called Heroes of Horror and another one, Book of Vile Darkness. They're splatbooks. Lots of good stuff for horror themed campaigns, though.

I, personally, would love to use some things from Heroes of Horror.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

I'm not familiar with the Heroes of Horror, but I have seen the Book of Vile Darkness before. I didn't exactly mean for the game to sound like a horror-based campaign however, voodoo dice were mostly just a plot gimmick to get them inside their game world, there is no requirement for the campaign suggestions to be horror or voodoo based.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Wolf Heart

Oh, I've got a lot of interest in this idea. More often then not, this kind of thing turns out rather well, RP wise, and I'm always interested in seeing how things turn out. Personally, I adore the exotic and slightly strange, so extra-planar adventures are fun... if a little impractical at level one. Other than that? I'd never turn down a chance to meet elves and metallic dragons.  ::)

ExisD

This sounds like an amazingly fun idea. Though what would happen to the DM?

I kind of think the idea of their characters setting out on a very stereotypical dnd adventure that would be very frightening/disturbing to people from our world would be a fun thing to do. something like going and wiping out a cult that was sacrificing people to call an extra-planar army, when they didn't think of how bad investigating and fighting them would be. Especially since their characters were probably much higher level.

Theik

A good question, what -does- happen to the DM? (The... in character DM that is, obviously, because the actual campaign DM would... be a DM. xD)

I'm guessing they end up suffering the same fate, but can help the group perform a lot better because he/she knows what is going to come next. Until the campaign takes a life of its own and he/she becomes just as clueless about what is happening as the rest!

ExisD

Maybe there was a GMPC that he was planning on using that he got stuck in?

Theik

I don't think ExisD meant the actual DM who is campaigning "the campaign", but the character that had been DMing their game before they all got sucked in, who would be just another player, I suppose. Alternatively, the DM was not sucked in, thinks everybody went home early because his campaign sucked, and cries himself to sleep on the sofa with some cheeto's. It really doesn't matter all that much.

But this does bring a pretty interesting point, such a campaign could be terribly confusing, as "players" could refer to both the roleplayers, or the trapped characters.

For the sake of easy understanding, I shall use "roleplayers" when talking about the actual people playing the campaign, and "players" for the trapped characters.

ExisD

to clarify, I mean the potential person playing the GM who got sucked into the game. Not the person running the game here.

fallensaviour

fallensaviour

so what, kind of like jumanji the game has to be played to the proper end to free the players?

Ixy

I would be interested in this idea if I'd fit in with the player group you decide.  It would be neat to remove that 'wall', and while I usually prefer heavy drama, this would be a nice change of pace as I kind of assume that it would be lighthearted in some respects.  It would be really fun to play out their personality and relationship changes... confidence, humility, courage, etc. 

Theik

I suppose it -could- be compared to jumanji. I hadn't exactly thought of that link yet myself, but it is a good comparison, although in jumani, the game goes into the real world, instead of them going into the game world.

That dungeon master idea funny, though I doubt that would really work unless that person is also the actual DM of the campaign. Even then, I think it might make the situation seem a lot less drastic to the trapped players (they have an invisible floating guardian angel who can warn them about everything), and it would be pretty silly to have a floating narrator telling them that they encountered seven goblins, if they themselves can see that just fine themselves; they are "part of the game", after all.

BenedictWolfe

I think the best comparison is the cartoon D&D series from the 80s..... But I could do without Dungeon Master.

ExisD

Yeah, I don't think the mysterious voice of the DM idea would work well.... though it could explain any divinations the party casts. They manage to break through the magic wall and contact the DM.

Black Howling

I know I'm not in the game, and unfortunately I don't have the time to actually play it; but the idea is something I've done before. So I figured I'd offer some advice. Feel free to ignore it if you want, just thought I'd pitch in to help.

A good way to handle it is to have it that the DM was the one playing with the cursed dice. The DM controls the world after all, and he rolled with the damned things that would have obviously caused a huge effect. Have them trapped in the DM's mind, so to speak. The DM seemingly goes into a coma, and the worse things he imagined happening in the game; and thus accordingly his worst campaign ever comes to life in his mind. The players thus accordingly have to complete the campaign to both stay alive and get their friend to wake up as he can't even realize what he's doing to them.

Divinations and the like could be easy ways that come 'in contact with the GM's true mind', or that is the person and not the overgod he truly believes he is in the game or whatever.

Not sure if that helps or not, but I figured it might be worth mentioning if the concept was giving ya trouble. Good luck, this looks like lots of fun.

Theik

Well, if they are really transported to the fantasy word, divinations could also very well be explained by the deities taking interest in them. They are after all, in a sense, planar travellers, and those tend to draw some attention, especially if they suddenly "take over" the bodies of their previously faithful subjects. Or perhaps they don't even realize the difference, and simply continue aiding the characters because they did beforehand, until it becomes blatantly obvious that they are no longer serving the deity properly enough, which could branch off into a sub-quest of sorts. -Shrug.-

Isengrad

A simple way to put his is place it in a continuity bubble, basically once they are sucked into the game world... they are in the game world.. in mind at least. Back in the real world it could all just be going smoothly in a sense, the dm and players seemingly on auto pilot. once the game concludes everyone is back in thier body with the dm congratulating them on the best session they ever had.. not a single distraction...while the players glance around and figure it must have been a dream.

of course if you don't want that there is always the coma option. In that case back in the real would they would all look like they just fell asleep while playing the game.

As another little idea, It would be neat.. and kinda fun if they still referred to their character sheet.. nice little fourth wall humor when they pull out an id card and on the back it has thier stats feat selection and the like... could be kinda funny when the party tell the fighter(who is a weakling in real life, small and kinda frail) to move the heavy bolder out of the way and he insists he cant do it. they tell him of course they can and he checks his sheet and is like "Oh yeah, I have a strength score of 22" just little 4th wall humor.. kinda like in 8bit theater

original artwork by karabiner

TheHangedOne

Doing the continuity bubble thing, you could always have them where since they succeeded, the time that elapsed was comparatively small; only a few seconds/minutes/hours instead of the hours days, weeks, months, years (?) that the campaign could have potentially lasted.

I like the 4th wall breaking ideas. Though about the gods...personally, I'd be playing a character with a lot of what would be perceived as meta-knowledge; he researched the campaign world beforehand. If it was the DM's homebrew, he'd know as much as the DM would allow him. If it's something already established in D&D like Faerun... player has 20 ranks in Knowledge (Faerun), so to speak. So he'll know exactly how to appease his deity.

On that note, I'd probably be playing the cleric/favored soul. If somebody else really wants that role, I'll probably go sorcerer/warlock, though.

Apologies if this is a bit on the rambling side of things; bit scatterbrained at the moment.
Check out my poet tree!

ExisD

I think it being the DMs home brew world would be more fun for the game. In regards to concept, I have a fun idea for a warlock who eventually multi-classes into rogue. My other big idea, sorcerer/monk would need a much higher level to become effective in the slightest.

Though it may be fun making a character who's build assumes a higher level and have the player dealing with those problems.

LeoStar

I'm up for this sort of game, I love games where players play themselves thrown into another world. as for what happens to the player being the DM of the in game game, they can just get pulled in as they are. Or end up playing a Wizard... since wizards know almost everything. If this does get of the ground can we actually play ourselves?

Mysterica

I Love this idea!  Another possible idea
for the dm though is that he is sucked into the game becoming an antagonist and has no idea his friends are the people he is trying to kill/conquer...  Interesting concept since he was trying to kill their characters in the first place ne?

Theik

DMs don't -always- try to kill their players. ;)
Just usually.

Mysterica

True, but it would be yet another "accidental" break in the wall.

Theik

That much is true. It might make things a lot more difficult though, unless the one playing the ingame DM is also the actual DM of the campaign. (Which I suppose would make the most sense anyway.)

This is starting to sound like lots of fun, if incredibly chaotic. xD

Mysterica

It is!  Most certainly!  A bit chaotic, but why should it need be otherwise.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Theik

I suppose the argument could be made that chaos is fun.
It seems like there are plenty of good ideas floating around for a campaign like this, so I'll see what I can do about getting this thing going.
No promises though, my DnD is rusty, I haven't played in a few years. (And the last time I DMed is even longer ago. xD)

ExisD

Go go chaos!

I'm sure you're still plenty good, a few encounters and everything just sort of comes back to you.

Theik

Or one encounter and everything comes falling apart. ;)

So who would be interested in playing what then?

If this is going to happen, we should at the very least see about forming a decent group, with all the various "roles" fulfilled for actual gameplay, and some interesting real life -> fantasy world transitions for the characters as mentioned in the introductionary post. =D

ExisD

I'd like to be the group pervert who made this incredibly sexy, kinda bimboey, character who he, maybe she, is now stuck in the body of. And well all of the awkwardness that comes of that.

As for character, either warlock who eventually multi to rogue, the player wouldn't want to actually go through what the character has to to gain more power from her patron. Or a monk as the first class, who's original build was planned to be a higher level and will eventually turn into a sorcerer too.

So melee skirmisher either way, just different flavors of it.

Wolf Heart

The player would probably be... well, a little odd and random. And a definite, total closet D&D / RPG nerd from the beyond. As such, he'll probably love being in the D&D universe. ;D

The character would probably be an elf sorcerer, eventually taking on the Dragon Disciple prestige class... or a multiclassing wild elf druid/barbarian that may well end up taking the Battle Shaper and/or Beastlord prestige class.

These are just my favoured characters, however. I am pretty versatile and can fit just about wherever the game needs me. ^_^

Mysterica

I would love to play a guy who makes a female fighter finding the idea of being in a woman's body fairly interesting and somewhat exciting, but finds it VERY awkward when she starts getting attention.

Theik

Oooh, a D&D geek who doesn't -want- to leave, that is also a pretty damn cool idea, I completely forgot about that. xD

So we have a D&D geek and two guys who ended up as girls (awkward for them. xD)

I'd personally love to play a jock turned something small and cuddly, but somebody has to DM this stuff. :P

ExisD

Yep, I'm still trying to decide which idea to use of mine, though leaning toward the warlock. What are you going to have us start with Theik: stats, levels, items, and such?

Theik

I haven't decided such details yet. Like I said, I haven't DMed anything in forever and then some.

But assume level 1 point buy, as that would be the best start for "inexperienced" adventurers.

Mysterica

Man...  I'll be missing pathfinder's elven recurve blade with thos character.

ExisD

But those are in 3.5... Also the point buys I'm used to are 28, 32, and 36. In order of character competence....

One big question, do our characters have the mental stats of their players of the ones they were assigned? My current idea leans more toward the first.

Theik

I would guess charisma, wisdom and intelligence of their player. Which could result in exceptionally smart warriors, or daft-as-bricks wizards. Not exactly the strongest characters, but it could certainly be fun. I'll leave character competence up to popular vote.

ExisD

My vote would be for 32 then, I find it to be one of the more balanced numbers. And yeah, that can make some of them pretty bad, but still fun.

TheHangedOne

I'm thinking I'm going to play a Favored Soul...either of Tymora or Ilmater.
Check out my poet tree!

Kuje

Heya,

Any chance I could get into this? This sounds fun and I've been watching it for days but haven't been able to reply to it until tonight.

As for a char idea, you already have two guys who becomes girls, and one friend who gets tagged along. So I don't mind playing a normal guy who is still a guy. Grin. Classes, maybe a divine caster, either cleric or druid. Or a ranger.

Mysterica

Ok...  Interesting concept, but please don't shoot me down so suddenly and think about it.  What if when we make our characters, we post the 'player's' basic overview of who they are, but give just the gm a history the player had given their gm of their character assuming a high lvl character and have to deal either with the consequences either of that history or from botching up that backstory due to lack of lvl and only letting the real gm and the player know the character's history unless they explain it in game.

Wolf Heart

Theik

Everybody is free to sign up because I haven't even got around to putting things together anyway. (Hell, even people who want to DM in my place are welcome to mention so. =P)
Once we've figured everything out, we'll worry about who ends up disappointed because a game with twenty people does not work. (Although if more than one DM signs up, we could always split into two groups doing the same general idea.)

I do however like the idea of people not knowing eachother's character histories. You don't normally mention it to other players anyway and backstories are largely underused I feel. If you once killed a group of slavers, getting backstabbed by some guy from "your past" (well...character's past) could be interesting.

As for point buy, 32 does sound like the most reasonable. 36 sounds like you'd be crazy strong, where as less would result in little flexibility.

TheHangedOne

Everybody's starting off with level 1 characters?
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Yup, I think level 1 would work by far the best, because they would obviously be inexperienced. Though if somebody more experienced shouts "ohoh lemme DM" and they think starting off at a slightly higher level, that's fine. xD If I am DMing however, I'd much rather start everybody off at level 1.

TheHangedOne

Any racial limitations? What if we want to play a race that has ecl?
Check out my poet tree!

Mysterica

Mysterica

I might switch my character idea to a petite shy girl trying to make an attrative confident character and failing once she is thrown into her body and given WAY more attention than she is used to.

Theik

I'm smooth as a baby skin, Mysterica. ;)

I haven't really thought about racial limitations. I generally don't bother to have them, though for the sake of balance, usually ECL of 0 works best.

TheHangedOne

Mmmm, Half-elf Soulknife is suddenly very appealing to me.
Check out my poet tree!

ExisD

Hmm, well I'm thinking human right now. Though Drow would've actually fit what I see the player trying to make for this one. Either way, I'll be able to get a basic design done fairly soon.

Mysterica

Theik

It's good to see that people are excited about this idea and are coming up with character designs. ^_^

Kuje

I'm thinking halfling and probably still either a cleric or druid or ranger.

TheHangedOne

I'm thinking more on this..I believe someone else tossed the idea around of having a character that didn't want to go back to the real world. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, whether it's with another (or two) or alone. Should provide some interesting friction and (good) drama, I'd imagine.
Check out my poet tree!

ExisD

I have a feeling my character will want to go back initially, but later wind up changing his mind.

I also have the basic build done, sheet

Though I wish I could've gotten a better picture.

Theik

That is an adorable little warlock. I just want to cuddle her until she blushes herself to death.

Kuje

I'm curious, how much wealth do we start with? What I mean is some DM's allow level 1's to start with max wealth, or should we use the random rolls for class? And the same question for hit points. Max or random?

Mysterica

It'll take some time because I have to read up in the tome of battle, but here is my character

TheHangedOne

Changed my mind. This happens pretty frequently until I settle on something, though. Avariel Soulknife. Assuming that's cool.
Check out my poet tree!

Wolf Heart

Got a working char sheet up and a pretty solid image of him in my head. Mechanics should be complete, pending DM confirmation and approval, of course. Still need to seriously flesh the personality out and write a description, though. Anyway, it's here:

Theik

Sounds like the group will be pretty magic heavy so far.
-Will have to shape up his DM act.-

TheHangedOne

Soulknife is basically a psionic fighter. Important attributes are str, con, and dex, even.   :-) The only magic is the whole Mind Blade thing where he turns psychic energy into a physical weapon. "I'm going to kill you with a sword made from my intent to kill you!"  ;D

Hmm, Avariels have an ecl of 3...so I guess that's out. Damn. Half-elf, maybe? *Ponder, tinker, ponder.*
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Well, we have a warlock and a sorcerer, and kuje was thinking cleric/druid, so that's three casters.
That leaves you as a soulknife, and Mysterica as a something.

Which...leads me to think that we should close applications after that, because the party will get way too large for me to manage otherwise. xD I'm a poor DM as it stands, no need to make things even more complicated.

TheHangedOne

Presenting for you all...Elrik The Violent.
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Didn't you just switch from an ECL race to a different ECL race, to avoid having a ECL race?

TheHangedOne

I went from Avariel, which had an ecl of 3, to Tiefling that had has an ecl of 1. If it's a problem, I'll just make him plain human. :-\
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Nah, it's not a problem at all, just thought you switched to avoid ECL. xD

TheHangedOne

Iniatially I did, and wanted to do an ecl 0 race, but then my muse went "Tiefling! Itttt muuuussssst be a tiefling!" And thus it was so.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

Mysterica

A swordsage is a martial class who instead of getting raging abilities like a barbarian or feats like a fighter they get techniques and stances to boost their martial skills.  So something like rather than making a knight you make an anime character.

ExisD

Warlock isn't that much of a caster, more of a ranged combatant who has a small number of tricks.

And yes she is more than a bit adorable.

Mysterica

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8899

Here you go.  That was really hard building a character as thought it was built by someone else.  Only one thing did I do like my normal self, and that is keep a high Cha and that all goes into the players want to build a confident, attractive character, very much unlike herself in real life...  Bit of a joke for when she is sucked into the other body.  Lol.  Anyways, I'm off to search for a pic for said player.

Chloe Milev

Ohmygosh, I love meta-roleplay.  I was browsing the group roleplays wanted against my judgment, and this looks awesome.  I'll have to keep strong in my other games to justify wanting to join this one too, if it isn't too full.   Unfortunately, or not, I was also interested in the "guy player experimenting with a female character" concept.  Maybe it was a group exercise in roleplaying new things.

Anyway, if there's a lot of magic types, I was thinking of something a little different, like a heavily armored halfling fighter or something.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

TheGlyphstone

I'll jump in line for the 'very interested', though judging by the popularity, there's already far too many people versus player slots.

For a character, I think it'd be entertaining to play a 'that which he hates' type of person; a core-book purist who always insisted splatbooks were broken cheese, or constantly decried psionics as overpowered while ignoring wizards and clerics, who gets 'cast' as exactly the sort of character he always considered horribly munchkinly (but, naturally, isn't overpowered at all). Stack on the 'Edition grognard' stereotype as well, an older player (and character) constantly complaining about how the rules used to be better.

Quote from: Mysterica on June 24, 2011, 05:09:34 AM
A swordsage is a martial class who instead of getting raging abilities like a barbarian or feats like a fighter they get techniques and stances to boost their martial skills.  So something like rather than making a knight you make an anime character.

Worth a read - hilarious, and hopefully a low-CL Dispel Bias in the process :D

Rufei

Oh god. I too will throw my hat into the fray here - I might be too late as well! I'm thinking the powergamer of the group, who eventually comes to realize that the most simple of things truly make the person, not the mish-mash of class features and feats. I have a mechanical idea of where I want to go with this, and while it isn't possible at ECL 1 (without some... legal, but dangerously cheesy mechanics), it's certainly possible the next level.

Class-wise, I'm thinking Rogue. Race-wise, Changeling. If I wanted to get dangerously cheesy here... I'd be moving towards a Lesser Half-Fey Incarnate Construct Warforged (which... still has an LA -1...). But then again, that's definitely along the lines of DMG-tossing fury right there. (It's only to illustrate how much time I've wasted on D&D 3.5 charop forums! :P)
Somehow, sometime, this will have more than just a placeholder.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Rufei on June 26, 2011, 11:58:26 AM
Oh god. I too will throw my hat into the fray here - I might be too late as well! I'm thinking the powergamer of the group, who eventually comes to realize that the most simple of things truly make the person, not the mish-mash of class features and feats. I have a mechanical idea of where I want to go with this, and while it isn't possible at ECL 1 (without some... legal, but dangerously cheesy mechanics), it's certainly possible the next level.

Class-wise, I'm thinking Rogue. Race-wise, Changeling. If I wanted to get dangerously cheesy here... I'd be moving towards a Lesser Half-Fey Incarnate Construct Warforged (which... still has an LA -1...). But then again, that's definitely along the lines of DMG-tossing fury right there. (It's only to illustrate how much time I've wasted on D&D 3.5 charop forums! :P)

Heh. If we somehow get in together, we should design each other's characters - the powergamer tries to show the old-timer that mechanically powerful characters can also be well-RPed characters, and the old-timer attempts to prove to the powergamer that you don't need eleven different sourcebooks and eight 3rd-party magazines to make a character.

Mysterica

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 26, 2011, 12:20:28 PM
Heh. If we somehow get in together, we should design each other's characters - the powergamer tries to show the old-timer that mechanically powerful characters can also be well-RPed characters, and the old-timer attempts to prove to the powergamer that you don't need eleven different sourcebooks and eight 3rd-party magazines to make a character.

Lol.  And yeah, that was indeed a funny forum discussion!

TheGlyphstone

Rufei

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 26, 2011, 12:20:28 PM

That would most certainly be an awesome dynamic. So we have in here, what, the Stormwind Fallacy, and K.I.S.S.?

But yeah, I'd definitely be up for that.
Somehow, sometime, this will have more than just a placeholder.

Chloe Milev

Nerr, I'm only assuming there's room for a tiny armored halfling, but if there were, what do people (especially the DM) think of Pathfinder?  It's not totally necessary, I just like how it streamlines somethings, like a little fighter being able to get Underfoot Combat at level 7 (Acrobatics 7) instead of level 17 (cross-class Tumble 10).  Of course, we may never get beyond a level or two, but I always like to know what may be possible...
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

TheGlyphstone

Pathfinder's got its good and bad points, seeing as how it's basically a gigantic book of houserules for 3.5. The skill rank changes are excellent; the invention of CMB/CMD was a disaster. Overall, I'd prefer to stick with 3.5 out of consistency.

Not like there isn't a whole pile of ways around any problem like the one you described, though - the simplest being a single-level dip into Combat Rogue for Tumble as a class skill and 8+Int skill points to immediately put towards Tumbling. I'm sure there's an obscure feat out there somewhere that makes Tumble a class skill anyways.

Chloe Milev

Yeah, I always went to Crystal Keep to look up those feats, but now it's gone forever...

Anyway, that's fine.  I guess I could do on level of Rogue later on if needed.  Well, I've got something written up now, taking advantage of size, but not the default "throwing" halfling.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Chloe Milev

Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

ExisD

Ohh, I really missed their template list. Nice to see it's still somewhere.

Mysterica

Is this game gonna happen, or are we marking this down as just a good idea?

Kuje

Quote from: Mysterica on July 04, 2011, 07:44:27 PM
Is this game gonna happen, or are we marking this down as just a good idea?

I was wondering to.... I sent my char via PM a few days ago and never heard back.

TheGlyphstone

I've been waiting to make a character until we know who's playing, with so many applicants.

Mysterica

I'd run the game, but first off I'm no gm, and second, even if I was, this is one game I really would prefer to play in anyways.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 04, 2011, 08:30:54 PM
I've been waiting to make a character until we know who's playing, with so many applicants.
Same here.
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Sorry about the lack of replies; due to a recent heat wave here I've had little to no energy to reply to my going RPs, let alone work on starting a new intensive one as a DM. While I still love the idea of this campaign, I simply don't have the energy to work on it. If nobody can take over DMing from me, I might be able to revive the idea when temperatures drop.

Mysterica

Aww...  It's somewhat upsetting, but I'm not upset at you.  Just upsetting.  Try to keep your spirits up, or failing that, wash your problems away with spirits!  Lol.

ChaosLacky

Kate

if your looking for more female players happy to be one if the starting level was higher and combat was resolved in one post by the gm - and not round after round of everyone posting (which i think kills system threads)

TheGlyphstone

ChaosLacky

So is there still enough interest to start this?

ExisD

I'm still interested, though my free time has gone down significantly since I signed up.

PaleEnchantress

I'm very interested. The only caveat is that my interests lie very much in male on male and I would want someone willing to play opposite to me.  Here is my character concept.

Real World: Misty Harper has always been an awkwardly quiet girl. She boasts excellent grades in school but few friends, and due to her abusive home environment doesn't seek friends either. She dresses her, rather attractive, body in black band t shirts and baggy jeans. Her abusive father has always controlled her life, fantasy role play, writing, and yaoi comics have been her escape. Those few who have read her personal writings have noticed disturbing themes of sadistic sex and glorification of homosexual master/servant dynamics. Misty has always felt she would have been happier if born a boy.

Misty's Character: She was thrilled to be invited to play D&D with some folks she had met. She gleefully threw herself into making another alter ego. Her character, a male charisma based caster (probably a dread necromancer) was made to appeal to all her dark desires. He is evil, glamorous, a master of controlling others (control being something she lacks even over herself), and most of all beautiful. When misty is thrown into her character's world and body she is beyond eager to explore her forbidden desires. Her character having been made to be a powerful arcane caster only adds to her hunger for power and sex.

Potential with other characters: Just thinking one of the other people may have had a minor crush on misty, enjoying her gothic style and dark humor. What will he think when he see's her go crazy with her very male (though feminine looking) character.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

ExisD

So... do we have a potential GM for this group somewhere?

ChaosLacky

I don't think so.  Do any of you guys have experience GMing?  We could do away with the stats if that makes it any easier.

Karasu

Would love to get in on this if it becomes an RP ^^
Removed, due to vandalism.

Rune

I have just stairted a similar game to this on rpol using the savage worlds system. I could be persuaded to do something similar.

ExisD

Hmm, which system would you want to use Rune, if you were to GM? I'm not familiar with Savage World's at all.

Eranil Morathim

I just spotted this and I'm very interested I think it has a lot of potential.

TheGlyphstone

Sadly, it's also been dead for 3 months, don't get your hopes up.

Thufir Hawat

Well, it still seems to have potential. I have considered running something like it, myself 8-).
Maybe I should still do that when I get the time, but right now, it would be rather slow due to me running other games.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!