News:

Main Menu

Star Craft 2

Started by Acid Lips, July 25, 2010, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Yea I played it ona friends computer and Zergling/SCV Rush is still possible. Samn game with same problems, only better graphics. Meh.

Callie Del Noire

I LOVE some of the missions. 'The Dig' for instance.. ROCKS hard.

Noelle

Quote from: Paladin on July 28, 2010, 04:22:53 PM
Yea I played it ona friends computer and Zergling/SCV Rush is still possible. Samn game with same problems, only better graphics. Meh.

This is pretty much bullshit, hahaha. They happen, they're possible, but you don't see it when you get away from the dipshits in the lower ranks. The game has been greatly changed, I would hardly boil it down to "same game, different graphics", especially if you've only played it once. There's a TON more micromanaging involved, I feel like it put a greater emphasis on strategy than just massing.

Callie Del Noire

Zerg Rush? Meh.. wait.. and have a THOR RUSH!

100 Arnies yelling as you set them loose on the world!

Aiden

Quote from: Paladin on July 28, 2010, 04:22:53 PM

Why do you always come to game threads and shit on peoples parades? It is like you are purposely seeking someone to call you out on being such a dick. GTFO.

back on track-

Story mode has been amazing, after every mission I need to go click on everyone.
Merc compound is the best shit ever!

Paladin

Quote from: Aiden on July 28, 2010, 06:54:21 PM
Why do you always come to game threads and shit on peoples parades? It is like you are purposely seeking someone to call you out on being such a dick. GTFO.

back on track-

Story mode has been amazing, after every mission I need to go click on everyone.

This is a thread all about starcraft. 'm telling the bad and the good. Positively thats the only thing I can find wrong. Its what I hated about the first game, and I hate it about this one.

BTW if I'm a Dick then you sir are a Complete Ass. Have a nice day.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aiden on July 28, 2010, 06:54:21 PM

I'm holding judgement on that till I get the top end of my protoss research.  I suspect the drop pods MIGHT top them.. but as of now..

HELL yeah.. still trying to find the last two units to hire out.

Aiden

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 28, 2010, 07:01:42 PM
I'm holding judgement on that till I get the top end of my protoss research.  I suspect the drop pods MIGHT top them.. but as of now..

HELL yeah.. still trying to find the last two units to hire out.

Yea my research just got me the predator for zerg and the supply depot orbital drop (which is the shit!) so I have a little more to go.
What do you get after siege tank? Since I think I have 3 still locked out.
I don't know how drop pods might work...since you can only drop in two marines at a time right?
Wasn't the tech tree either the tech lab+ reactor combo or the barracks unit drop?
If I can have both and drop in two fire bats at a time I would be happy.

Quote from: Paladin on July 28, 2010, 07:00:37 PM
This is a thread all about starcraft. 'm telling the bad and the good. Positively thats the only thing I can find wrong. Its what I hated about the first game, and I hate it about this one.

No, if you would have shared the bad you would have gone into detail not your apathetic shrug of the game before blowing it off. Just keep your mouth shut next time or go complain in the bad and ugly.

Remiel

Quote from: Zero on July 28, 2010, 04:47:11 AM
Yeah, I'm just doing them all on brutal...

It's annoying that a lot of the achievements force you to sit through some of the missions on Normal or Hard. =/, like I'll complete missions 100% but then I have to sit through them on Normal or Hard. At that point I'll have some 200/200 army and wipe out whole map before sitting around waiting for the mission to end.

Actually, you can pick up all the achievements on one play through, assuming you meet all the criteria (i.e. don't scrap or lose a building, AND wipe out four hatcheries on Brutal.)  You don't need to play it on Medium or Hard at all if you're just that l33t.

Of course, being a n00b, I have to play each scenario several times to pick up the achievements... =(

Paladin

Quote from: Aiden on July 28, 2010, 07:08:09 PM
No, if you would have shared the bad you would have gone into detail not your apathetic shrug of the game before blowing it off. Just keep your mouth shut next time or go complain in the bad and ugly.

You know wahts great? Your not someone in charge so I don't have to listen to you one bit man. I have every right to say I'm not impressed by the game. I was expecting waaaaay more from it since its taken so long.

Remiel

All right, all right, guys, cool it, please.

Anyway,, my favorite quote so far (from the SCV):

"My cousin Lester saw a Zergling once."  ;D

Callie Del Noire

I love the commericals...like

"LEVEL 800 ELITE TAUREN CHEIFTAN!"

Aiden

Quote from: Paladin on July 28, 2010, 07:13:06 PM
You know wahts great? Your not someone in charge so I don't have to listen to you one bit man. I have every right to say I'm not impressed by the game. I was expecting waaaaay more from it since its taken so long.

Whatever no, no one cares, you are just going to emo out about everything anyway.

-back on topic-
I really like all the characters and they way their personalities interact with one another. Tychus was so awesome in "Heaven's Devils", it's awesome to see him on the Hyperion.

Fucking achievements piss me off, I am not looking forward to replaying those missions on Brutal. I don't plan on playing multi-player very much so it annoys me that I can not get the better looking avatars for when you are in game.

The Sign
"Do not shoot at Screen"
Always makes me chuckle when I return to the Cantina.

Mithlomwen

Going to lock this for a bit to give things a chance to cool down.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Mithlomwen

Alright, I think things have had a chance to cool down now, so I've unlocked the thread.   Play nice. 

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Hemingway

Story is a bit underwhelming so far - so much potential, but there's a lot of Blizzard in it. Like evil cultist Protoss ( so it's okay to kill them! ). Zerg are better - the mission where you have to defend yourself at night and burn buildings during the day was amazing. Until I sent out my crack team of marines and just started burning things at night. Because they were that awesome. And also I'm playing on normal because I suck.

All in all, it's a good game. I'm not disappointed per se - I expected exactly this. And the gameplay is amazing, with some really neat units.

Vikings and Spectres are the bomb.

Aiden

The later missions get way better!

One of my favorites was the volcano planet, when you get to it you'll know!

I had a loregasm after a video of something on the Hyperion going dark...*not going to spoil it*
But I also think that is because I read the Trilogy that was written that occurred between the two games.

Hemingway

Volcano? If you mean the one Tosh has you go to, that's way early! As for the corridor going dark ... eh, that whole thing seems a bit unnecessary to me. And everything that happens after that - at least as far as I've gotten ( done quite a few of those missions, think I'm on the last one ), are just ... so predictable. But, like I said, I didn't expect anything else from Blizzard.

Aiden

I'm digging the story, what did you expect? It's not like Raynor has the resources to completely over turn the Dominion so he does end up on the fringe worlds and does what he can.

Hemingway

I think I'm coming across as harsher than I intend. It's just that the story - as far as the Zerg and Protoss and Xel'naga are concerned - is very predictable. Blizzard's stories tend to go like this - you killed some great evil, but then something new emerges that's just ten times as bad. Seems they have a similar theme going here, and I guess that's just continuing the story from the first game, but still ... I saw it coming a mile away. But really, it's the small things that bother me. Like the Protoss being evil cultist Protoss. It's just ... ugh. Whyyyyy? It's so pointless, and there's no story to them or anything. They're just props.

Aiden

Quote from: Hemingway on July 29, 2010, 01:35:11 PM
I think I'm coming across as harsher than I intend. It's just that the story - as far as the Zerg and Protoss and Xel'naga are concerned - is very predictable. Blizzard's stories tend to go like this - you killed some great evil, but then something new emerges that's just ten times as bad. Seems they have a similar theme going here, and I guess that's just continuing the story from the first game, but still ... I saw it coming a mile away. But really, it's the small things that bother me. Like the Protoss being evil cultist Protoss. It's just ... ugh. Whyyyyy? It's so pointless, and there's no story to them or anything. They're just props.

Read the Dark Templar Saga, it is all explained in that book.

Hemingway

Quote from: Aiden on July 29, 2010, 02:56:24 PM
Read the Dark Templar Saga, it is all explained in that book.

I'm not going to read anything by Christie Golden. If she had anything to do with the story, that explains everything.

Aiden

I am pretty sure Golden had nothing to do with the actual story plot of the game, that all goes through Metzen I am sure, but it fills in the gap of what happens and I actually enjoy her books.

Granted it is nothing like Dietz or McNeill and there books on the series, but I enjoyed it none the less.
("Heaven's Devils" and "I,Mengsk" were amazing "can't put down" books in my own opinion.)

Remiel

Okay, am I the only one who spent 2 hours last night playing "the Lost Viking?"

Damn you, Robotron! Why won't you like me!?!

Hemingway

YOU, MIGHTY VIKING, ARE LOST.

Is that text referencing something, like Zero Wing? Stupid question. All Blizzard jokes reference something. Some of them are pretty clever!

Gahh. I have another question, though - why does every single mission have to have some kind of time limit? The length of a game is important to me, and nothing limits that like time limits. I hate you, time limits!