Legend of Korra/Avatar Republic City Roleplay.

Started by Xenphir, November 09, 2013, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

I don't think aang would, though.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

i dont think Aang would use his energy bending power like that. if he did, that wouldve given the equalist more evidence to prove that benders were an elitist class oppressing the commonfolk.

Xenphir

I agree with Apygoos and Mai :o I'm sure if Aang was going to give others airbending, he would have. It's a bit too far off the logical idea xD

I'm making the thread now, and I will link it here. So if I need to change something we can discuss it here too.

Xenphir

Here is the link to the character thread, which also has links to the roleplay and OOC threads.

I am not 100% sure since most people don't like anime characters, if I should allow them or not. Please put your opinions here or in the OOC thread for me, thanks. ^^

Kokaine

Were you still intending to go with a younger Lin as Chief?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Xenphir

Yes. Since Korra isn't there yet and Aang is gone, Lin is still chief though a little younger than in the current season.

Kokaine

Alright. Just trying to decide how old to make my character if I want her to be a student of Lin's rather than her mother before her.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Xenphir

I'm just having a hard time finding a good male picture for a water bender >.<

What does everyone think of having artsy pictures? Not fully Real life, not completely anime? It'd be nice if everyone's were about the same. (Like no anime and human right next to each other xD)

I would like it if people could plop down an opinion for this. Since Republic city is an anime-like city but many people don't like anime-characters, I was hoping a happy medium might suffice? xD

Benen

apygoos

for avatar setting, id say GOOD cartoon/anime or RL should be acceptable, thats just mt opinion.

Wajin

I know it's Amon, but I'll use it for my character anyway :P
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Xenphir

Quote from: BenenAzer on November 12, 2013, 11:27:33 AM
hey Xen... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/176/e/3/Neo_Avatar_Waterbender_by_RacoonFactory.jpg

far too Asian for me. XD I cannot see the character I'm thinking of being Asian at all.

I think I'll just try to work my imagination a bit, and allow both rl and "good" as Apygoos calls it, anime pictures.

Amon's picture is perfectly fine as long as its not the same name xD

Xenphir

Quote from: BenenAzer on November 12, 2013, 11:27:33 AM
hey Xen... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/176/e/3/Neo_Avatar_Waterbender_by_RacoonFactory.jpg

Actually, thanks to this I remembered someone that does really nice fantasy like art where the men in their drawings are usually oriental looking. So I found this, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29p92dh&s=3#.UoJoRJ4o7cs :D
Makes me want to have him run a tea house or something and be very spiritual like. Since I remembered that Unalaq (Spelling?) Was a spiritual waterbender, so could my character :O

YaoiRolePlay

So wait, we're doing a prequel to Korra? I like this idea.

Xenphir

Yep. After Aang and before Korra. ^^ That way, it leaves a lot of room for plot that goes on in the city without having to be entirely based on the show. (LIke no worrying about Amon or Tarloc or anything.)

Aiden

Posting my interest.

So republic city is the setting?

Also is the game limited to just water, fire, earth? (Since Tenzin and his kids are the only known Air Benders?)

Xenphir

Quote from: Aiden on November 12, 2013, 02:18:16 PM
Posting my interest.

So republic city is the setting?

Also is the game limited to just water, fire, earth? (Since Tenzin and his kids are the only known Air Benders?)

Yes and Yes, however, Fire Benders can know Lightning since its more common now, (As one of the characters already is working at, theres power plants and such for lightning benders to work at.) And Metal Benders are allowed if they apart of the police force. ^^

Xenphir

Also, if anyone wishes they COULD do blood bending but it IS illegal still IC. Also, The ability to do it without a full moon was in Tarloc and Amon's family only, so, it'd have to be during a full moon for anyone in Rp :P

Aiden

I was thinking a firebender who works in construction.

Spends his day on the high rises welding steel girdles in Republic city's growing sky rises.

Xenphir

LeSane

I have a question since my interest was peaked. What about the aspects of characters that have been touched by spirits like the moon spirit and so on. I have a idea of firebender along those lines.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Xenphir

Well my character is very in tune with spirits, though I haven't decided whether or not he's been touched by one quite yet. I don't I'll have him be, though I've no idea how he got his silver hair. xD

I think it should be fine. I don't see anyone arguing. It's already been shown that not just the avatar or his/her offspring can be involved with the spirit world so I don't see any issue. Especially since in the beginning, Yue turned into the moon after she gave the life of it's spirit back and she had no involvement with the avatar. So, yeah, go ahead.

Aiden

Quote from: Xenphir on November 12, 2013, 02:28:04 PM
That could work. ^^

Sweet, will keep an eye out on this thread for when we get the template for the char sheet.

Thanks Xen

apygoos

Xenphir

Apygoos is too fast for me. xD The character thread also has links to the rp and the OOC. After you post your character you are free to post, since I don't think I'll need to look it over. The details and "rules" are laid out and if anyone has any questions ask me. ^^