Avengers Grimm: Fairy Tale Superheroes (Recruiting! Please Join!)

Started by Mathim, September 24, 2016, 09:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Okay, third time's the charm, I hope (or is this the fourth? I can't recall.)

Do you like superheroes? Do you like fairy tales? Then this is the place for you! The idea is based on one of the most unexpected movies I've ever seen, Avengers Grimm, which I believe is still available on Netflix or in the $5 bargain bin at Walmart. It was made by The Asylum so if you know anything about them, it will either intrigue the hell out of you or put you off like nobody's business. The film itself is actually not half bad, all things considered, but it's more the core concept that I want to borrow for this game. Here's some more details if you're curious about the movie:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

So if that cover reels you in, here is the factual information:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4296026/?ref_=nv_sr_4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Grimm

Essentially the concept is that most of our beloved fairy tales/folk tales' antagonists and protagonists have become empowered in some way, either by birth or by being gifted/trained with magic that manifests in a way that is reflective of their name, title or theme of their story. For instance, in the movie, Snow White lives up to her name by creating ice out of thin air and manifesting it into icicle stakes with which to fight. Cinderella can perform limited transfiguration spells (like her Fairy Godmother) and Sleeping Beauty can generate clouds of sleeping dust. Makes sense in each case, right? So we would try to follow in that spirit with a myriad of other characters for this game.

While the film revolved around them traveling to the 'real world' (not unlike Once Upon a Time) where they are the only ones with magic, for this game I think we'd be better of sticking to the fairy tale world and its mostly medieval-era setting, otherwise it gets too complicated.

The terrible villain Rumplestiltskin has his sights set on ruling the world and enjoys tormenting his victims and turning his conquests into his thralls. While in the movie his only ally was the Big Bad Wolf, this time around he's interested in recruiting any and all villains he can persuade into joining his campaign. Pretty much anything goes here, and even some neutral or ambiguous characters can be portrayed as villains in this game (I would suggest the Pied Piper, for instance.)

I would like to encourage some diversity here, rather than staying Euro-centric, so some suggestions are Ali Baba or Aladdin, Anansi the Spider, Sun Wukong/Son Goku the Monkey King, and Urashima Taro.

Pretty much anything works here, really, although I'd prefer to veer away from extremely obscure or vague tales that don't have much to them. Anyway, have at it! Let those creative juices flow and turn one of your beloved fairy tale/folk tale characters into a superhuman warrior or mage!

Let me give you an example of one of the characters I've modified to make into a superhuman:
Jack the Giant-Slayer
-Jack's journey up the beanstalk and the defeat of the Giant weren't the end of his tale. While up in the clouds, he learned the magic secrets the giant had been concealing and how it was possible to increase the size of almost anything made of gold. Jack collected all the gold coins he could carry and once back down from the beanstalk, turned them into wagon wheel-sized gold cylinders and made a fortune, retiring comfortably as a weaponsmith. But Jack was no fool and learned to protect his fortune with a fierce reputation; his knowledge of the Giant's secrets gave him the power to become a giant as well, thanks to the numerous enchanted gold face and body piercings all over him. Able to stand taller than a house, Jack is a force to be reckoned with. Basically he's Marvel's Giant Man or DC's Apache Chief, but with a fairy tale twist.

Here is our thread for posting character profiles and some general info about the world:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256702.0
And our up-and-coming OOC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256703.0
And finally, the action-packed IC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256762.msg12682439#msg12682439

Easy, right? Just have fun with it. If you're interested but not sure who to pick, I have a ton of suggestions and ideas already written down. Here's a sample character sheet for submissions (this may update periodically so just fill in whatever new stuff comes in at your leisure):

Player Name:
Character Name/Identity: (Example - Princess Aurora/Sleeping Beauty)
Tale(s) of Origin:
Alignment: Anything from Chaotic Good, Lawful Good, Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil
Abilities: This is for your abnormal magic-based talents that normal people can't do, including enchanted equipment and any spirit familiars they may have
Skills: Any normal weapons they specialize in and other talents like archery, tracking, setting traps, etc.
Backstory: Feel free to deviate from the norm to fit how you want to play the character as long as the core doesn't change so much that their ability wouldn't make sense. But you are welcome to change heroic characters to villains if you can make it work. The last bit should show their reaction to Rumplestiltskin declaring his violent intention to conquer the world's kingdoms and recruit other brutes and monsters to his ranks.
Personality: What sort of attitude do they have toward life, toward friends, strangers, enemies?
Orientation: Plenty of room for personal preference here (also any things kinky you might want done)
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mac84

Interesting that Lou Ferrigno was in this movie as he played the Original Hulk from the 60's tv Series. X3

Mathim

LOL, yeah. If this were a more serious, big-scale game we'd make it set in the real world with both factions of good and evil recruiting normal humans to their side, with the evil side empowering them. But that would be way beyond a sustainable capacity for something like this.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Bekah Boo

Hmm placing my interest as this is right up my alley ;3
I'll work on a character sheet as soon as possible.

Mathim

Quote from: Bekah Boo on September 24, 2016, 07:06:05 PM
Hmm placing my interest as this is right up my alley ;3
I'll work on a character sheet as soon as possible.

Then I'll get a CS template up. BTW, who were you considering choosing?

Bekah Boo

Great I can't wait ;3
I was thinking either Rapunzel or Ariel.., haven't quite decided yet.

Fury Aphrodisia

This could quite possibly be legendary. I'm interested, but somewhat tentative at the moment because while I recognize all the potential, I have no idea what I'd play.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

PrincessAriel

This is me taking another chance on a roleplay again. The other superpower ones I became interested in died quickly. :( Or never even got started.
Im up for a suggestion on a character. I'd love Belle because she is my favorite princess, despite my name being Ariel lol.
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Mathim

Belle is a great choice. My suggestion for her is that the spiteful witch that cursed her lover let the curse infect her as well so that rather than curing him, it just made them both beastly, except that she can turn hers on and off at will. I'm open to other interpretations, of course, it's just what I came up with in trying to turn this into a short fiction.

If you're not sure, I'd suggest perhaps Gretel, if you're looking for a heroine, or if you're looking for a villainess, Maleficent or the Snow Queen.

PrincessAriel

Oooh! A beastly Belle! I like it! I didn't even think of that.
The witch tells Beast about true loves kiss, but instead of turning him back into human, it transforms his true loves kiss into a 'monster' like him.
I feel like she'd grapple with anger issues, but the beastly thing may not trouble her as much. I mean, Beast is pretty awesome after all and being just like him, well, that's not too bad! :3 Maybe her anger causes her to change in a Hulk kind of way, something she's trying to work on keeping herself stable so she doesn't change as much. 
"Let Me See You

Mathim

Quote from: PrincessAriel on September 24, 2016, 10:01:39 PM
Oooh! A beastly Belle! I like it! I didn't even think of that.
The witch tells Beast about true loves kiss, but instead of turning him back into human, it transforms his true loves kiss into a 'monster' like him.
I feel like she'd grapple with anger issues, but the beastly thing may not trouble her as much. I mean, Beast is pretty awesome after all and being just like him, well, that's not too bad! :3 Maybe her anger causes her to change in a Hulk kind of way, something she's trying to work on keeping herself stable so she doesn't change as much.

Well my idea was that the tradeoff for her being able to control her own transformations is that her lover's mental state fluctuates. So when she's beastly in form, he's his rational human self. But when she stays in human form too long, he degrades into a feral savage. So when she's called upon to join up with the rest of the heroes, she has to leave him locked in his dungeon for his and everyone's safety since she can't stay beastly all the time (like if she's asleep for too long, or something). But you can have her go the Hulk route with it, that might actually be more interesting. I'm just thinking of a way that they don't both need to be around in case we can't find someone to play him too.

PrincessAriel

Oh! I see! I like that idea quite a bit actually! It keeps her from simply staying human all the time. And it fixes the priblem with maybe not finding a Beast as well. Like you stated. :) Of course, he will have all he needs in the dungeon, she would have made certain of that. I think, for his sake, she will try to stay beastly for as long a period as she can so he can enjoy his time being human.
"Let Me See You

Mathim

Quote from: PrincessAriel on September 24, 2016, 10:39:37 PM
Oh! I see! I like that idea quite a bit actually! It keeps her from simply staying human all the time. And it fixes the priblem with maybe not finding a Beast as well. Like you stated. :) Of course, he will have all he needs in the dungeon, she would have made certain of that. I think, for his sake, she will try to stay beastly for as long a period as she can so he can enjoy his time being human.

And the cursed servants will bring him food and stuff (no silverware, obviously) like always since the curse didn't get broken like the story normally ends.

Majabya

I like the concept of this game, count me in!

Would the Steadfast Tin Soldier count? If not, I got plenty more ideas, it's just that I always liked that story for some reason.

Mathim

Quote from: Majabya on September 25, 2016, 10:47:31 PM
I like the concept of this game, count me in!

Would the Steadfast Tin Soldier count? If not, I got plenty more ideas, it's just that I always liked that story for some reason.

Ah, wonderful question. I'm thinking that it might be too Herculean a task to include characters from things like the expansive Oz universe, the Wonderland fables and Greek mythology since those alone would probably be able to provide a pantheon of characters sufficient to create their own games of this variety. If you wanted to play a similar character, I've got a suggestion for a way to make Hansel capable of taking on a metallic body for a time.

Majabya

Quote from: Mathim on September 25, 2016, 11:11:04 PM
Ah, wonderful question. I'm thinking that it might be too Herculean a task to include characters from things like the expansive Oz universe, the Wonderland fables and Greek mythology since those alone would probably be able to provide a pantheon of characters sufficient to create their own games of this variety. If you wanted to play a similar character, I've got a suggestion for a way to make Hansel capable of taking on a metallic body for a time.

I think we may have gotten our tin dudes mixed up a little. The one I was referring to was Hans Christian Anderson's short story about a toy tin soldier and a paper ballerina.  It ends with 'ringing finality', so I doubt there's any further cannon to deal with. That said,  it is good that you mentioned the whole "no expansive continuity" thing, cause that was a good chunk of my backup ideas.

Also, sorry for the slow reply, posting from work, gotta do it on breaks.

Mathim

Quote from: Majabya on September 26, 2016, 12:14:11 AM
I think we may have gotten our tin dudes mixed up a little. The one I was referring to was Hans Christian Anderson's short story about a toy tin soldier and a paper ballerina.  It ends with 'ringing finality', so I doubt there's any further cannon to deal with. That said,  it is good that you mentioned the whole "no expansive continuity" thing, cause that was a good chunk of my backup ideas.

Also, sorry for the slow reply, posting from work, gotta do it on breaks.

Ah, yes, my mistake. But that other stuff needed to be said. If we restricted Oz to the first story only, it might be okay, but I know there's loads more that Baum wrote.

You're welcome to use the Tin Soldier but I don't really know how you'd make him big enough to play a meaningful role, nor what kind of power he'd be imbued with other than being made of a moderately sturdy metal.

Majabya

Quote from: Mathim on September 26, 2016, 08:50:53 AM
Ah, yes, my mistake. But that other stuff needed to be said. If we restricted Oz to the first story only, it might be okay, but I know there's loads more that Baum wrote.

You're welcome to use the Tin Soldier but I don't really know how you'd make him big enough to play a meaningful role, nor what kind of power he'd be imbued with other than being made of a moderately sturdy metal.

I was thinking about my guy being an actual red coat that got enchanted with tin properties after getting/giving a raw deal with a wizard/witch. I've found a couple tales that follow that kind of mind set, (The bearskin, the blue light, the tinderbox, etc), and I'd honestly be alright with a almost literal dime store Colossus.

Mathim

Well what with being so diminutive and missing a leg in the story, it just would require a lot more imagination to make it work. But I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

Mathim

In case anyone is still on the fence, here's a comprehensive list of characters I've put lots of thought into for turning this into a short fiction (i.e. devising powers and some backstory), so you might have a chance to gravitate towards a character you might not have thought of before:

-Snow White
-Cinderella
-Sleeping Beauty
-Belle
-Red Riding Hood
-The Huntsman/Woodsman (same person, involved with both Snow White and Red Riding Hood's tales)
-Frog Prince
-Thumbelina
-Jack and the Beanstalk
-The Little Mermaid
-Rapunzel
-Hansel and Gretel
-Puss in Boots
-Anansi the Spider
-Sun Wukong the Monkey King

And villains:
-Rumplestiltskin
-Maleficent
-Wicked Queen
-Big Bad Wolf

I've mentioned others (trying to find more diverse worldly fairy tales) but haven't fleshed them out as of yet. But if I can put a spin on any of them, surely others can do the same.

PrincessAriel

Someone better pick up Puss in Boots lol. That would be dang cute! ^_^
Also, I'm trying to find a perfect Belle face claim.
"Let Me See You

PrincessAriel

Player Name: PrincessAriel
Character Name/Identity: Belle
Tale of Origin: Beauty and the Beast
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Abilities: She can change her human form to that of beastly form whenever she wishes, though she usually does stay in her beastly form. Whenever she is around humans, she knows it's best to be in her human form, though it pains her beloved Beast; whenever she is human, he is not. When in her beastly form, she has control over herself, but has a habit of losing her temper quicker than normal. She is stronger, faster, her voice is gruffer, she has a set of horns and brown tuffs of hair in places humans do not.
*She also has a magical mirror that she uses to check up on Beast and her father (mainly Beast).
Skills: She can track, using her keen sense of smell to find foes that others may not be able to find. She has a proficiency in hand-to-hand combat, not really liking weapons all that much since such weapons were so often used against her lover and herself for what they look like.
Backstory: Belle had a father, a father she loved so very dearly, and two sisters who despised her for reasons she never could understand. They often whined and complained about anything and everything, especially when they didn't get there way, whereas Belle simply tried to enjoy the present and not let her troubles bog her down. When their father lost all his money to dept, she didn't complain, when they moved into a small house and had to eat little for dinner, she kept smiling. She helped out by working in a store for books, giving all her earnings to her father, keeping only a coin here or there for herself so she could buy books for herself or materials for making herself a new dress. One night, her father ventured out, away from town, to meet a cargo ship so he can get their money back and restore their fortune, but when he arrives, the money is already gone due to the dept he still owed. On his way home, he get's lost, but luckily stumbles upon a castle. Her father finds no one in the castle and helps himself to some food that had been prepared. When he awoke in the morning there was breakfast prepared for him and he assumed that this was perhaps the doing of a very kind fairy.

On his way out, her father stops to a pick a rose from the garden for Belle and this is when he is confronted by an angry Beast, who felt like Belle's father was now taking advantage of his hospitality. Upon hearing that the man has daughters, he agrees to spare his life on the condition that one of his daughters willingly take his place. Before the man is sent home, Beast allows him to fill a chest with a gold to take with him. When his children hear of the Beast and his demands, they are sorrowful and his two elder daughters wail loudly. They see that Belle is calm and not crying, and they despise her for it. Belle tells them that she will not cry because she will not allow her father to die because of her. She volunteers to take her father’s place as the Beast’s prisoner, and her sisters are secretly thrilled at the prospect that the Beast may devour her. When she arrives, the Beast is kind to her, so very kind.

Belle goes to the palace where the Beast informs her that she is now mistress of the castle and that he is her servant. There are other servents there, they had once been human as well, but they too had been affected by Beast's curse. They keep her company as she passes her time in the library and by exploring her new home. Each night she has supper with the Beast who stays by her side. Each night the two conversed and each night, the Beast would ask Belle to marry her, only for her to reject his proposal. Still fearful of the Beast, despite his kindness, she refuses his proposals for months. He becomes grumpier each time, but he still shows her kindness because he has fallen head over heals for her. It is because of these feelings for her that he allows her to visit her father and family again under the condition that she would return to him after one week. Belle agrees and is given a magic ring that could transport her back to her family on a whim, and she uses that to be reunited with her kin. Belle’s sisters, who had since married, were furious to see their sister alive and dressed more elegantly than they were. Being the spiteful, horrible souls they were, they concocted a plan to convince Belle to break her promise to Beast and to stay longer than a week in an attempt to anger the Beast into devouring Belle

Belle fell for this ruse. With her sisters pretending to be nice to her and showing her a level of affection she had never experienced from them, she promised them to stay one week longer. In this time, she began to feel guilty for being so long apart from Beast whom she longed to see again. It was on her tenth night away from him she had a nightmare of Beast dying that she awoke in tears. She used the ring right away, only to find Beast lying on the floor of his rose garden. She ran to him, so very scared that his time had run out, that his curse had come to a horrible end. So fearful was she, she held him close to her as she kissed him. Tears rolling down her face, she watched as he blinked at her, his tuffs of hair falling away. She watched him become human, only to have her body transform before him.

Their love, her true love for him, was suppose to break Beast's curse for good, but the curse changed her as well, transforming Belle as Beast became human. While one is human, the other cannot be. He cared not for what she looked like, having been transformed for so long himself, but the shock of such a transformation startled her. At first, she kept in her human form for as long as she could, but while in human form, Beast's emotional state would become unstable and he would become violent. So she embraced her beastly form, all so he could stay human.

When Belle first heard of Rumpelstiltskin, she had hoped maybe he could help to find a 'cure' for their curse, but when his declaration of wanting to rule the kingdoms became apparent and he started trying to recruit monsters and villains, she lost hope for getting his help. Instead, she decided to fight against him; he was just like the witch who had put a curse upon her Beast, evil and controlling.
Orientation: Pansexual
Appearance: (Emmy Rossum)

"Let Me See You

Tokyorose627

this sounds really interesting! I want to have a male magic user, mostly because I really want to you Tom Felton AKA Draco Malfoy as the Faceclaim, but there aren't many evil male wizards in stories, has there? :P

Bekah Boo

Almost done with our Thumbelina, she's going to be quite fun.
;3

PrincessAriel

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 28, 2016, 08:31:31 PM
this sounds really interesting! I want to have a male magic user, mostly because I really want to you Tom Felton AKA Draco Malfoy as the Faceclaim, but there aren't many evil male wizards in stories, has there? :P
Hm. I can only think of Jafar lol. xD
"Let Me See You

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 28, 2016, 08:31:31 PM

Koschei the Deathless in Russian fairy tales, which is quite possibly the most bad ass name in folklore.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Foxy Oni on September 28, 2016, 08:46:38 PM
Koschei the Deathless in Russian fairy tales, which is quite possibly the most bad ass name in folklore.

Ah, thanks for the idea! :D

Bekah Boo

Player Name: Bekah Boo
Character Name/Identity: Thumbelina or Maia when formal
Tale of Origin:Thumbelina
Alignment: Lawfully Good
Abilities: Able to shift to various sizes ranging from the size of an small fairy to the fifty feet though it does vary to what extent and ability due to emotional stance, if filled with fear or anxiety Maia may shift without realizing.
Skills: Has become quite the skilled fencer, both with sword and needle in both differing heights. Also has the uncanny talent of reading animal tracks as well as navigation.
Backstory: There once was an old woman who more than anything in the world wanted a child of her own, an perfect being she could love and cherish in her lonely life.She had been left heartbroken and alone after the passing of her dear husband that while they had indeed grown into their twilight years together they sadly were not able to conceive a child.That was why each and every night the old widow would take her place right by the window, and by the light of a widdled candle she would pray to the glowing moon for one simple wish; a child.Each night she would wish and wish with all her might, but alas she was always left empty no matter how hard she yearned.That was until one fateful evening when the moon was at it's fullest, the old woman nearly at her wits end made one last teary wish that the man of the moon would grant her.When the morning sun had finally rose the old widow stirred from her resting place having fallen asleep by the windowsill the night prior, that when she had woke she found a small figure resting just at her fingertips simply curled up and slumbering just as peacefully as she had been.Overjoyed the widow marveled in the small lithe girl who was no bigger than her own thumb, whose whispy locks of gentle spun gold and wide doe like eyes full of peridot made her reflect fondly of the angel that had been sent to her, the widow finally having her wish granted by the moon itself as she lovingly named the small girl Thumbelina.

The widow doted everything on her new child who was wide eyed and curious as each day they would set out on adventures to teach the girl the world she knew nothing of, from towers of books to seeing the babbling brook nearby Thumbelina was oh so curious and each day she yearned to see more of what she did not know. As time passed the two enjoyed one another's company and truly had become an loving family, but fate had it's own gnarled hand to thrust into the fold as the winter month began so did the widow's time on this earth. Stricken down with sickness the widow was unable to move as fast as she used to, old weary bones and fatigue taking much out of the old soul as she became bedridden and worse for wear. Thumbelina would read what she was taught to her mother figure in hopes she could heal the widow to see that warm smile on her pale lips once more, but as the days turned into weeks the girl found her mother withering away much like the dying leaves of the old elm just outside.One night the widow weakly begged for Thumbelina to come to her side as she took the small girl into her palm to hold close one last time, cradling the child against her leathery cheek as the droplets of her tears ran down her cheek like a flowing river. The widow knew her time was indeed short as on her last dying breath she told Thumbelina to explore the world for the both of them, to take all the life lessons she had been taught and grow into the lovely young woman she knew she could be.

Having been brought into the world from nothing Thumbelina was left devastated at the passing of her mother who had nurtured and taught her so much, the girl at a loss of what to do with herself as she took her mother's dying wish to heart. Stepping out into the world was something that brought much fear and anxiety to the young woman who was no bigger than a mouse, the girl traveling for what felt like days until she had come across an eccentric frog and her gaggle of sons out by the brook she used to explore with her mother.Having nearly walked herself to near death in her depression and painful loss the frog mother took the young girl in and brought her back to health, doting on the fairy like child much like her human mother had as it soothed the aching hole left within her life for a short time. Though fate once more would test the young Thumbelina as the kindness she was shown began to run dry, the frog mother finding for Thumbelina to repay her debt she now owed she must marry her son. The frog repulsed young Thumbelina as she cried out for any other way she may repay her debt, but the frog mother would not budge as she herself was desperate to marry her son off to a being she felt was deserving of him. That was when Thumbelina decided to run away in the dead of winter, that freezing to death was an better option than to be married to someone she knew in her heart she could not ever love.

The young girl ran as fast as her tiny legs could carry her, the hot burn of her tears flowing across her wind bitten features as she fought against the powerful wind and sleet itself, becoming numb to everything around herself as she sobbed.Her soft cries however were heard not by an animal but rather a passing fairy in the flesh, the small man lured by the melodic cry that sounded so sad and yet so beautiful all at the same time.Coming across a young woman so ethereal and captivating left the male fairy in a stupor, the man introducing himself as Phillip the prince of the fairies as he marveled in the beauty of a creature he had never seen before. He showed her kindness and warmth that Thumbelina had only known with her human mother and for that she began to fall madly in love with the fairy prince, taking her back to his kingdom nestled within the lush bed of flowers and nature itself to show Thumbelina to beings much like herself.With every passing day their love for one another grew as they battled with both wit and grace, the prince an famed fencer as he made it a point to show his love the finer details of the art of defense and battle so that they would grow closer and closer together. The couple were to be wed in the springtime when the flowers were at the fullest bloom, a day Thumbelina knew her mother would have cherished to see as the impending day grew closer and closer. With Phillip by her side Thumbelina was given a new name, Maia, and she would start her new life of happiness and more love than she could have ever expected.

Fate however would once more rear it's ugly head as but a day before their wedding tragedy would strike. It would transpire during the late glow of a fine spring midnight moon, the horrible cry of war soon plaguing the fairy kingdom as the slimy and green faced monsters of her past had come to reap war across the peaceful kingdom in the name of their own ruler Rumplestiltskin. The frogs held their vendetta against the fairies for some time, the scorned suitor of Thumbelina leading the ranks to lay waste to the fairies and claim his prize without mercy.The fairies fought with all their might but were outnumbered by the vast tact and forces of the frogs who were cruel and revengeful, Phillip turning to his love ushered Maia to flee as he fought hand and hand along side his kingdom. Sadly the prince would perish in the flames of war, the frog commander dealing the fatal blow before his lover as Maia cried out in anguish. The moon had not wanted this for his precious gift of life and in the early wane he gave Thumbelina one last wish, a gift that would allow her to vanquish the frogs once and for all.

The moon granted Thumbelina the gift of changing her size as the once small woman grew to epic proportions in the matter of a moment, her towering form soon raising high above the rose bush that was the fairy kingdom as all those who looked on were horrified. Vanquish them she did as in a fit of anger Thumbelina smashed every last frog she saw beneath her feet, using all her fury and anger to end them once and for all until there was nothing but silence that filled the warm spring night. Collapsing onto her knees Thumbelina wept for her lost love, for her future and happiness that had been snatched from her,but there was something that she had also been given. She now appeared as a human much like her mother, and with such an ability she knew what she had to do.She had to seek revenge for her Phillip, to conquer this Rumplestiltskin and end his reign of evil once and for all. From then on Maia set out to learn her abilities and to train herself to prepare for the war the evil had caused, she would explore her gift and once ready she would take him on to set the balance of good and evil back in place.

Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance:

Tokyorose627

Since their wasn't much on Koschei's childhood or motivations, I ended up making my own interpretation of his life, and included the story itself as one of his encounters as a young man.

Player Name: Tokyorose627

Character Name/Identity: Koschei, Peter Romanov (Alias)

Tale of Origin: Koschei the Deathless

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Koschei can seem like a cold and calculating individual, serious looking and someone that would look as if they would not wished to be bothered with at any moment. He's calculating and observing, but usually is quiet unless otherwise told to speak, or has something on his mind. He doesn't like when others dance around their questions, and usually speaks straight forwards in order to get whatever someone wants from him out of their mouths so he can give them an answer or not. However, despite him being in such a way, Koschei does have humanity still left in him. He can still feel hope, empathy, sorrow, happiness, and even love, but such feelings had never been given to him by his parents, and as a result, such feelings dwindle away inside him, swallowed by the darkness of his parents abuse, and his own actions against them, that he has been through.

Abilities: Able to use spells and magic to his advantage. His magic includes teleportation magic, elemental magic, and magic that can manipulate the shape and form of his own body to that of an animals. He has books on other forms that are forbidden to use, such as magic that causes illusions of one's most inner darkness or fear, or even curses and hexes that torture the victims to the point of insanity, but Koschei uses them only when he feels they should be used.

Skills:

Persuasion: Able to persuade individuals to do things for him due to his outer charm and likable demeanor when in normal clothes, despite his kind and caring nature actually being a facade to have people get things for him, or to have them do things that they would otherwise not do. Despite this, he can be kind and caring, but has not found an individual who has interested him in such a way.

Education: Despite his parent's constant abuse towards him, Koschei was given the best and brightest education their family could afford. Reading books on the magical realm and the human realm, Koschei was given the education that his family wanted of him, learning of different magicks, as well as culture and manners. He knows how to speak three different languages, has manners befitting of a gentleman, and even knows how to dance; however, skills like these have never been needed for him.

Knowledge on Magical Creatures: Due to his knowledge on magic, it's only fair that Koschei would know about magical creatures, needing some ingredients that come from such beasts for spells and incantations. He has a book with multiple recordings of creatures and magical beasts that he has either seen or come across, and continues to write them down for future knowledge if ever the information was needed.

Language: Koschei is able to speak a few different languages, from Russian, French, and even different forms of English, however he's most fluent in English and Russian.

Offensive Skills: Koschei, unable to rely on magic all the time, ended up teaching himself how to use a sword in case his magic was taken or unable to be used. He's become good at fencing an normal sword fighting, and has used it on some occasions.

Familiar: In order to spy for Rumplestiltskin while he is otherwise indisposed of, Koschei's family crest inked to his arm is actually a summoning spell for a Snake Familiar. By simply holding out his arm, the mark from his arm drips off his skin like thick ink, creating a large, imposing snake that Koschei can control and manipulate at will. From moving it to different locations at fast speeds, to being able to see through it's eyes, Koschei is versed in the magical arts when it comes to familiars, and uses it to his advantage whenever possible or necessary.

Backstory: Koschei's life growing up was anything but happy. Born to a wealthy mother and father that were both versed in magic, Koschei was equally bound by family tradition to take on the responsibilities of learning the craft like they had. He originally didn't want to, but from the strict teachings of his parents, which even include beatings or starvation, Koschei was forced into the family tradition of learning the magical arts, unwillingly. Lessons were hard for Koschei, as he could tell that his parents wanted him to become a great wizard and magic user, going to extremes to make sure he would get spells and incantations down correctly. Beating him, verbally abusing him, even going so far as to not let him eat or sleep until they were satisfied, Koschei kept going despite what he was put through, his mind starting to warp tremendously down a dark path of wanting revenge, his thoughts aiming towards his parents and wanting nothing more then to make them stop; permanently. His childhood was soon taken from him, and as he grew older, his magic improved like his parents had wanted. Becoming a well versed magic user himself, he was made to use spells and magic for others to get money for his parents, who had squandered their wealth for frivolous purposes, leaving them with almost nothing. Night after night, day after day, Koschei would spend his time being forced to do work for his parents, until at the age of a young man, a dream had given him the inspiration to enact his revenge, a voice in his nightmares telling him to finally take what he wanted.

While they slept on night, Koschei took his magic out on his parents, using the darkest of arts to torture them for hours on end, to make them suffer for what they had put him through, and then ended their lives as soon as his revenge had been finished. Burning their bodies, Koschei was free to do what he wished, but the damage form his parents had been done. Having not felt one ounce of love or trust from his family, Koschei began to spend his life doing terrible things just as his parents had, from stealing coin and jewels, to killing bandits and other filth that dared get in his way to try to kill him. Escaping death every time from people who tried to oppose him, and killing anyone who tried to end his life, he was given the title "Koschei the Deathless", for no warrior or hero had been able to kill the man. Even the heoric Ivan from his home of Russia had come to kill him after Koschei dare kidnap his wife, however the Hero had died from underestimating Koschei's abilities, and after, killed Ivan's friends, sisters, and even his wife soon after, so none would dare try to stop him.

Stories of what he had done had become stories to other, unable to comprehend that such a man could not be killed by some lone hero. Described in stories to be a ugly, disgusting vile man, Koschei lets the stories wonder villages and cities, now reveling in such recognition at the fact that people are afraid of his power and what he has done. Only the bravest would come to find him, and only the most idiotic of people would come to ask for his services, yet he still travels the world for some form of purpose.

Hearing of Rumplestiltskin had caused Koschei no harm or ill-will at first, the magic user simply not caring of a man that would wish to rule all kingdoms as long as he had his safe haven within the forests. However one night he had heard the man speak, had seen Rumplestiltskin with his own eyes, and had found that the voice was familiar. The voice that he had heard in his nightmares, the one that had told him to embrace darkness, to kill his parents, to revel in what his parents had made him; it had been him, Rumplestiltskin. Koschei was speechless, but also grateful, and set his sights on having an audience with the man, and to join his cause, soon becoming one of his followers in his blind attempt in showing his loyalty, unaware of his mind soon coming to realize what he had done, before it was too late.

However, despite everything that had happened, in the back of Koschei's mind, he wonders why he had become such a vile person to join Rumplestiltskin, despite his morals still remaining; he has killed others that have gotten in his way, yet he does not harm women or children, and if a sickly person were to wander on his doorstep, he would take them in to give them medicine and rest until they had fully recovered. He secretly longs for companionship, but the darkness has warped his mind for far too long; only someone of extreme kindness could help his poor soul see the light in things, rather then darkness.

Appearance: Koschei, unlike the stories and tales told of him, is a handsome young man, with short blonde hair, and with piercing ocean blue eyes. Not wanting to show his face to people that he does not know or trust, he wears a long black cloak with a hood, as well as a mask made of pure metal carved in the shape of a skull, with holes for his eyes; the outfit itself is what gave him the title, "Koschei the Deathless", and "The Dark One". Along his right forearm is an inked mark of a skull releasing a serpent from it's mouth, the marking Koschei's family crest given to him by his father. Made by magic, it reminds Koschei of his family and his beginnings, and now uses it on his victims as a calling card for others that wish to kill him, even going so far as to put the mark on others he has killed.

Mask in Silver

Koschei's Family Crest

Face Claim: Tom Felton

Foxy DeVille

Let's see if this works for ya. Mainly inspired by the original tale but I kept the name name Jasmine from the Disney film because it works with her place of origin and is a heck of a lot easier to spell than Badroulbadour...

Player Name: Foxy Oni
Character Name/Identity: Princess Jasmine (Mo Li in her native tongue)
Tale of Origin: Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Abilities: Princess Jasmine wears a bracelet that contains the magic ring that formerly belonged to her husband. Thanks to magical tinkering it grants her the power of a genie, although one much less powerful than the genie of the lamp. Her abilities include...
  Physical Augmentation: She has peak human strength, agility, and endurance. Jasmine no longer needs to eat or sleep and is immune to natural cold. She recovers from harm quickly, what takes two days for a normal human only takes her an hour.
  Flight: Jasmine can move through the air at approximately 45 mph. She can fly at twice that speed if she pushes herself but that is like sprinting for a human and can only do so for half a minute before tiring out. Jasmine is quite maneuverable and can stop or change direction with ease.
  Invisibility: She is capable of vanishing from sight. This takes concentration so action like attacking someone cause her to become visible.
  Cloud Form: Jasmine can transform herself into mist, making it difficult to physically attack her and allowing her to flow through small openings. She can only maintain this form for a total of one hour per day.
  Shape-shifting: She can take the appearance of any humanoid creature. Jasmine can double her height, making her capable of lifting half a ton and her flesh as durable as tough leather.
  Illusion-casting: Three times a day Jasmine can create a mirage up to thirty cubic feet in size that lasts for twenty minutes. It can effect sight, hearing and sound, and even mimic heat or cold, but it can never directly harm someone. Her mirages can take complicated actions although this requires concentration on her part.
  Senses: Her eyes can see in low light and detect the aura of magic.
These powers are not without drawback. Other than the bracelet, her powers only effect Jasmine herself. So she usually wears minimal clothing that can be discarded if he wishes to turn invisible or become a cloud. The bracelet itself is both the source of her power and her greatest weakness. She not only need it to use her genie abilities but if it falls into some else hand she becomes their slave.
Skills: As a princess Jasmine has been educated in political and cultural affairs. She is also quite manipulative. In order to protect herself from enemies of her father, Jasmine received training in the martial arts.
Backstory: Princess Jasmine hails from a kingdom in the Far East where she was a princess. A young thief named Aladdin use the power of the genie within a magic lamp to defeat an evil sorcerer and win her hand in marriage. But their story didn't end there. While some tales present the princess and as a kind and virtuous girl, the truth was Jasmine was spoiled and vain. Her husband's humble origins began to bother her. She also felt he was foolish not to use the power at his fingertips to achieve more. When she heard word of Rumpelstiltskin and his plans of conquest she began scheming. Jasmine convinced Aladdin to give her his magic ring that contained a weaker genie than the one in the lamp so she could protect herself if the evil elsewhere spread to their kingdom. It was too big for her hand so she melded it with one of her bracelets. Jasmine studied the books of the sorcerer who had given Aladdin the ring and learned to bond the genie with her own soul. Now possessing great power, Princess Jasmine left her kingdom to join the forces of evil.   
Orientation: A decadent women, Princess Jasmine takes pleasure in all genders.
Appearance: Although from The Arabian Nights, her tale is said to take place in Far East. Hence she is portrayed by Tera Patrick.
Princess Jasmine

Mathim

Koschei sounds neat, kind of like a Dorian Grey almost, but with magic too.

Making Jasmine evil, also neat, didn't see that coming.

I also hope someone picks up Puss in Boots, I would myself but I envision the character in this scenario being female and I'm not good at playing female characters. I'll assume the role of Rumplestiltskin if nobody wants it since he's the arch villain and it kind of can't proceed without him. But the bright side is, since we're not following the movie's scenario exactly, we don't necessarily need a Snow White. I will, however, stipulate that even if it's not tied to her powers if someone does claim her, she has at some point activated a magic mirror link between her wicked stepmother's mirror-on-the-wall and other mirrors of choice so that certain of her trusted allies can utilize ones closer to them for quick warp-style travel. That way there's wiggle room for travel not taking forever since it's either horseback or on foot. Unless you've got a magic carpet or flying dragon or enchanted cloud. Or if you've got enchanted boots that make you run fast or you can turn into a giant and each step is hundreds of feet.

Tokyorose627

Awesome! Was wondering for evil characters, is there a label system? Like someone is Rumplesriltskins right hand man? Or only a lackey?

Mathim

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 29, 2016, 06:26:23 PM
Awesome! Was wondering for evil characters, is there a label system? Like someone is Rumplesriltskins right hand man? Or only a lackey?

That, is up to you. Where do you feel you should rank in his hierarchy? But do note that it would tend to go based on the utility and strength of their powers, unless they had other talents (great strategic intelligence, for instance.)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mathim on September 29, 2016, 06:37:16 PM
That, is up to you. Where do you feel you should rank in his hierarchy? But do note that it would tend to go based on the utility and strength of their powers, unless they had other talents (great strategic intelligence, for instance.)

Ah, MKay! Was wondering if Koschei's could be Rumple's right hand man, or his admiral of sorts.

Mathim

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 29, 2016, 06:48:02 PM
Ah, MKay! Was wondering if Koschei's could be Rumple's right hand man, or his admiral of sorts.

I have no objections, but if someone else is playing a character who wants that same spot, you'll have to discuss it between yourselves and negotiate about either sharing or deciding who's second and third banana.

Foxy DeVille

I see Jasmine as being a valued agent but not exactly executive material. She's more into showing off her powers and living a hedonistic life than planning world conquest.

Mathim

Quote from: Foxy Oni on September 29, 2016, 07:15:38 PM
I see Jasmine as being a valued agent but not exactly executive material. She's more into showing off her powers and living a hedonistic life than planning world conquest.

Well she'll probably be in close proximity to where I see Rumplestiltskin making his rise to prominence since my origin for him has him hailing from the desert (he'll be a former Djinn) so she might be a close witness to his great act of evil that puts the rest of the world on edge.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mathim on September 29, 2016, 06:57:39 PM
I have no objections, but if someone else is playing a character who wants that same spot, you'll have to discuss it between yourselves and negotiate about either sharing or deciding who's second and third banana.

No prob! I'm fine with discussing if anyone wants the spot as well. :3

Quote from: Foxy Oni on September 29, 2016, 07:15:38 PM

I'm sure she and Koschei would have an interesting relationship, since they're both working for this mostly evil guy that wants to rule all the kingdoms. lol xD

I guess I should note for Koschei however is that he's not purely evil, but more like he's just been given so much evil and hatred and abuse that he's never felt any actual love or kindness from someone before. So he's kind of just strayed onto a darker path to make more sense; that's to say, he could always end up switching sides, or having to choose! Though it depends if anyone can break away that cold, icy barrier that lets him accept any form of affection or kindness from others. D:

Mathim

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 29, 2016, 08:44:50 PM
No prob! I'm fine with discussing if anyone wants the spot as well. :3

I'm sure she and Koschei would have an interesting relationship, since they're both working for this mostly evil guy that wants to rule all the kingdoms. lol xD

I guess I should note for Koschei however is that he's not purely evil, but more like he's just been given so much evil and hatred and abuse that he's never felt any actual love or kindness from someone before. So he's kind of just strayed onto a darker path to make more sense; that's to say, he could always end up switching sides, or having to choose! Though it depends if anyone can break away that cold, icy barrier that lets him accept any form of affection or kindness from others. D:

Unfortunately, the price of serving Rumplestiltskin is eternal loyalty. Betrayal will be met with a swift end, so entering into a contract with him if you're not 100% sure it's what you will always want can be regretful...but only if you get caught.  >:)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mathim on September 29, 2016, 09:58:55 PM
Unfortunately, the price of serving Rumplestiltskin is eternal loyalty. Betrayal will be met with a swift end, so entering into a contract with him if you're not 100% sure it's what you will always want can be regretful...but only if you get caught.  >:)

Ah, I see! Well who knows, maybe no one will want to get to know him! Or even want to help him turn to the good side! XD

But we shall see!

Mathim

That would probably make him question their loyalty, so tread carefully.

I think I'll get an OOC and character profile thread up and running tomorrow. Hopefully one or two more people will join or become interested in the next 24 hours.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mathim on September 29, 2016, 10:51:15 PM
That would probably make him question their loyalty, so tread carefully.

I think I'll get an OOC and character profile thread up and running tomorrow. Hopefully one or two more people will join or become interested in the next 24 hours.

Got it! It could still be an interesting dynamic regardless! Cant wait to see what we can come up with!

Awesome!

LamentingQuill

Tokyorose627

Quote from: LamentingQuill on September 29, 2016, 11:53:20 PM
Hey baby girl!

You're gonna be our Snow White then? Can't wait to see what she turns out to be like!

I already made my character, as well as a few others, so feel free to look at them if you want some inspiration or are stuck on anything. :3

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 29, 2016, 11:54:28 PM
You're gonna be our Snow White then? Can't wait to see what she turns out to be like!

I already made my character, as well as a few others, so feel free to look at them if you want some inspiration or are stuck on anything. :3

Just sent Mathim my profile from the last try we did, just had to add in some stuff and edit some stuff out, the profile was too good to just throw out, I am so glad I kept it. Using Kristen Kreuk as a face claim, she's so totally gorgeous.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: LamentingQuill on September 30, 2016, 12:16:36 AM
Just sent Mathim my profile from the last try we did, just had to add in some stuff and edit some stuff out, the profile was too good to just throw out, I am so glad I kept it. Using Kristen Kreuk as a face claim, she's so totally gorgeous.

Interesting choice! I wonder if she'll be a good guy or a bad guy! Though knowing Snow White, she would be on the good side. lol

I hope people like my character! He's on the evil side, but he still has some questions about what he's done that his mind can't seem to be rid of, and that could be dangerous when you have to be loyal to Rumplestiltskin! D:

LamentingQuill

Player Name: LamentingQuill
Character Name/Identity: Snow White
Tale of Origin: Snow White and the Seven Drawfs
Alignment: Lawful good
Ability(ies):

Song- When she sings, her voice is lovely and enchanting that animals of all kinds are drawn to her presence she can then request of them to her. However the animals in question cannot be any more than a mile distance away or they will not hear her sing.

Animal speech- Snow White can understand what animals are saying. Insects, aquatic denizens and reptiles are harder to understand than mammals, she has no idea why.

Daggers- All the dagger and knife lessons the huntsman gave her make Snow White no helpless damsel. She is lethal in a dagger/knife fight.

Agility- Snow White is swift and agile on her feet, years of training and practice has made speed and grace as natural as breathing to the fair princess.

Weaknesses: Insomnia- After the sleeping curse cast upon her by her stepmother, Snow White doesn't have such an easy time sleeping anymore, always terrified she will be trapped in the world of sleep once again. She gets sleep, just probably not as much as she should be getting.

Personality:

To friends- Snow White is gentle and kind to those close enough to her to be called her friend, her compassion and capacity for love are limitless, there is no lengths she won't go to in order to lift the spirits of or protect her loved ones.

Having experienced the loss of loved ones before, Snow White is highly, highly protective, she refuses to ever again risk something happening to anyone she cares about ever again, she will not hesitate to act if there no other possible non-violent alternative.

A lover of nature and animals, Snow White adores to spend most of her times in the royal gardens and the edges of the nearby forest to be with her animal friends.

To enemies (evil individuals)- Snow White will not tolerate the dark of heart, she will not suffer their wickedness or allow them to do harm to anyone around her if she had the breath left in her to do something about it. She could be open to helping a willing individual reform, but she would be highly suspicious until she knows for certain whether or not it's real.

For the truly wicked, Snow White would be ruthless and determined to stop them before they could harm any  more good innocent people than they may already have.

To strangers- Having experienced what happens when you too readily completely trust a stranger, Snow White has logically become a little bit more stand offish than she used to be, though that is not to see she is cold or stoic. She would simply be cautious, but friendly and polite.

History and Backstory:

Lovely Snow White, so beautiful that she earned the deep seeded hatred of her vain stepmother... something that would alter Snow White's life forever.

She always suspected her stepmother had something to do with it when her father suddenly fell ill and died, the woman struck her as too power hungry and ambitious, not to mention that she never really showed her father the tender love she always felt should be present in a marriage...

Her suspicions of her stepmother proved correct when the woman ordered her huntsman to take her out deep into the forest and carve out her heart, all because the queen's magic mirror declared Snow White to be the fairest of all maidens... taking from the queen her coveted desire to rule as the most beautiful woman in all the land...

However, once they were deep in the forest and the huntsman raised his dagger, his heart swelled with all the tender affection from watching this sweet young woman grow up and he realized... he could not do this...
Instead, he told the princess everything and together they devised a plan, he would carve out the heart of boar and take it back to the queen and Snow White would be free to escape and live her life wherever she so chose. The huntsman even took the time to return the forest several times to give Snow White lessons in using daggers to their fullest potential, ensuring the princess at least stood a chance in this world at defending herself.

However, this was not clever enough to evade the wicked queen... with the help of the magic mirror, the queen discovered the heart brought before her was not that of Snow White, but the heart of a pig! She had been tricked!
The queen had the huntsman executed for his treachery and immediately put plans in motion to take care of the lovely Snow White herself.

Three times she tried, first with an enchanted sash that nearly squeezed Snow White to death before her seven small friends arrived to cut it off of her, the second time was poison comb that drugged the princess into a slumber, but again her dwarf friends arrived home just in time to pull the comb from her hair before it was too late. Finally, deciding play time was over, the queen poisoned an apple and disquised herself as a frail kindly old woman whom was lost in the woods.

Snow White, with her kind and tender heart, was sympathetic to what she thought was a frightened old woman and invited her inside, accepting the old woman's offer to split one of the apple's in her basket in thanks for the kind hopsitality in her moment of fear.
Far too trusting, Snow White bit into the apple and immediately fell into a death-like sleep, a sleep so deep that the dwarves would believe she was truly dead, the princess would likely starve to death before anyone discovered the truth.

Satisfied with her work, the queen left the dwarves cottage just in time to hide around back as the dwarves were arriving home from the mine, their wails of despair filling the cottage as they believed their beloved princess was truly struck down this time by her jealous stepmother.
Enraged, the dwarves immediately left the cottage and soon found the disguised queen hunched down behind their cottage, she stood no chance against the angry dwarves as they turned their pick axes upon her in vengeance for their precious Snow White.

The dwarves then set to work constructing a gorgeous crystal coffin worthy of their sweet friend, laying her to rest in her favorite wild flower filled clearing deep in the forest, where they could visit her every single day after work.
Days passed and then a miracle happened, a handsome prince by the name of Florian was riding through the forest when he spotted Snow White's glittering crystal coffin, seven drawves knelt in front of it in mourning.

The prince slid down from his horse and approached, mesmerized by the breathtaking young beauty within, his heart broke as the dwarves explained to the prince what had happened to the beautiful maiden.
He made a single request to the dwarves, that he should be able to send the lovely princess off to the hereafter with a kiss of love, for his heart had been captured.

Deciding it couldn't hurt to grant the prince his request, the dwarves opened up the lid to Snow White's crystal resting place and allowed him to approach and say his sweet goodbye.
However... the moment the prince's lips touched the cool lips of Snow White, a soft warm breeze swirled around the clearing and Snow White's eyelids slowly fluttered open, a gentle smile curving her lips... standing above her was the prince from the dreams she'd had in this cursed sleep... he had come after all to save her...

Snow White and her prince were immediately married, no couple in all the land was happier or more in love... but this beautiful romance... it was not to last...

Her beloved husband and king, her sweet Florian... he was slain in battle against a risen foe by the name of Rumplestilskin... leaving the young queen with a deep ache in her heart and thirst for vengeance! She would accept nothing less than Rumple's head rolling across the ground, just like he'd done to her darling Florian...

Sexual Stuff: I am totally on board to have Snow White enter into a new romance, her wounded heart could use some healing that can only come from love.

My big no no's are all included in my o/o's in the link on my signature, along with my on's.

Snow White is heterosexual and is not open to threesomes, she's a one man only commitment type of girl.

Story-Related Suggestions: I'd love to see the attraction to Snow White that Rumple had in the movie, but it's by no means a requirement, I can totally live without it, would simply be fun is all.

Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): Kristen Kreuk

Tokyorose627

I think it would be wise, if possible, but I think we should add a small section in the profiles for personality. Just because a character were a good character, like Snow White for example, we don't really get an idea of how she acts or what she is like in regards to having conversations and relationships with others.

Just a suggestion though!

LamentingQuill

Tokyorose627

Mathim

I can't believe I neglected that in the profile format, I kind of assumed the backstory part was sufficient, but I'll edit that. I'll let you guys post your finished profiles in the appropriate thread once I get it up and running. I woke up early this morning so I'll get the OOC thread started now, too.

Also, if I could get some assistance with some visual aids, that would be sincerely appreciated. I'm not even sure if such a thing exists but I'm looking for a world map wherein there are just four continents, in each of the cardinal directions and all separated by an 'X' of water, while the rest of the world is just a vast ocean. Anyone think such a thing exists on google images? It goes along with how I describe the world they exist in since I want them to be reflective of all the different cultures from whence they emerged and not have them all just meshed together in a way that doesn't acknowledge that they came from varied places and times.

I'll post the links for the relevant 'moving forward' threads in the first post of this one.

Tokyorose627

the closest I could find for a map that you would want is this.

Mathim

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 30, 2016, 11:11:21 AM
the closest I could find for a map that you would want is this.

Yeah, not what I had in mind but I knew it would be next to impossible to find something that specific.  Hopefully my written description sufficed for a decent enough visual representation.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mathim on September 30, 2016, 02:24:43 PM
Yeah, not what I had in mind but I knew it would be next to impossible to find something that specific.  Hopefully my written description sufficed for a decent enough visual representation.

I'm sure it does. Finding a map like that specifically is tough. :P

Mathim

Player Name: Mathim
Character Name/Identity: Rumplestiltskin
Tale of Origin: Rumplestiltskin
Alignment: Lawful evil
Ability(ies): Rumplestiltskin, being a former Djinn, had access to every form of magic at a whim, though he had been limited to being capable of using it unrestrained only when in service to a master in possession of his lamp. After having been freed from his prison, the majority of his power slipped away and in order to refill his reserves of magic, it is necessary for him to arrange deals with those he meets. Anything he can promise them in exchange for whatever he demands in return fuels his magical energy, the greater the weight of the mutual promise as well as the greater sense of desire and urgency of the person agreeing to his conditions, the more energy it gives Rumple. While it must be used judiciously to avoid running short, he can wield any sort of spell he wishes, though the drain upon him is considerable compared to before when it was virtually limitless.
Weaknesses: His greatest power is his greatest weakness. If Rumplestiltskin ever fails to deliver on his end of a deal, he dies. He must therefore be exceedingly careful about how he phrases his contracts and to ensure he promises nothing if he is not absolutely certain he can deliver.
Personality: Rumplestiltskin is a crass, greedy soul that despised the idea of being thrust into an eternity of servitude to pitiful mortals and it drove him to crave their position of control. But he never considered the proverb that someone craving power will never be satisfied, and refuses to believe anyone's cautionary warnings that his conquest of the world will still not make him feel completely fulfilled. His endless desire for power and control leads him to regard all others as mere pawns or trophies, playthings really, for his amusement. While he acknowledges that those with great power are useful allies, he could care less about them as individuals.
History and Backstory: A Djinn from the desert of the Eastern continent, Rumplestiltskin hated being given orders by greedy or desperate masters. He would twist their wishes as far as their ambiguity could be stretched and make them sorry they were ever born, much less that they had ever run afoul of him. But human greed was insatiable and no amount of dire warnings could make them shy away from trying to wish for their heart's desire three times over. And every time, they would end up with less than they ever had before, if they were still alive to ponder this loss. Master after master, he tried reasoning with them, warping their first wish, tempting them with a second wish that he would not do the same with if they agreed to free him with their third. But they would always invariably try to 'trick' him by making a selfish third wish, not realizing that it was only his will that made their second wish not backfire, and he would cause their third wish to do so spectacularly and in most cases it always killed them. Finally one master had annoyed him from the onset, and he twisted both wishes, threatening an even worse fate with the third, unless it was used to free him in which case the first two wishes could be nullified and the master could at the very least walk away with no loss. Rumplestiltskin, however, murdered him for his clothes upon being freed. His first kill as a mortal, with his bare hands.
He did not anticipate such a great downgrade in his power and now realized why no other Djinn walked free, their own power felt like enough of a boon that freedom was not such a tempting prize. He had to get it back. Luckily his experience with negotiating had left a lingering gift that he could utilize without any reserves of magic, that would allow him to rebuild his: The art of the deal.
It started out small. He wandered about a desert kingdom, seeking out the poor, the downtrodden, offering them a release from their suffering in exchange for trivial favors they were either too drunk or desperate to refuse, things they couldn't possibly deliver upon but not understanding what they were dealing with. After hundreds of them had offered him their blessings in exchange for his vague promise to end their torment, he merely used his now massive store of magical energy to create an enormous whirlpool in the sand and bury the entire kingdom. The suffering of the poor had truly ended, and he was exempt from the penalty of failing to deliver on his end of the bargain because, technically, he had.
It felt like nothing he had ever experienced before. That power, unrestrained, with no one involved but himself and his own desire to do it. He had to feel that again. And again. And again. Power was a drug and he was addicted. He set his sights on the whole wide world this time, and his great act of evil was a declaration of war upon the entire realm. Those who stood in his way would either bow the knee and be spared to live a life of servitude to him for a change, or be mowed down like grass beneath the feet of a stampede of great beasts.
But no fool was he. He understood very well that his power had its limits. He needed others to recharge his magic, much as he hated being dependent on anyone for anything. And there were others who wielded magic as well, which would require more effort on his part. He needed like-minded beings to share in his desire for conquest and aid him in his ambitious goals. But he would be second to none, accepting only underlings and demanding to be the unquestioned lord of this dark campaign.
Sexual Stuff: Since he can visit folks in their dreams if they have ever been under a sleeping curse, he can be a sexual Freddy Kreuger if he wants...the possibilities are endless.
Story-Related Suggestions: The heartless Rumple try to pursue 'love', more as a trophy, from the heart of the one who despises him and leads the opposition, Snow White.
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): Casper Van Dien; although Rumple is thousands of years old by now, he appears only to be in his forties and always will.

Mathim

Okay, we're ready to go! Our IC thread is up and ready with a posting format to add to each post, so go for it if you're prepared!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256762.msg12682439#msg12682439

I also linked all relevant threads in the first post of this one, too.

LamentingQuill

Come one, come all! Still plenty of fairytale character to snag! :D

PrincessAriel

"Let Me See You

Majabya

Yo! So, after tinkering with my idea for the tin soldier for along while, I realized that I was acting in haste when choosing him, the way I was envisioning him he didn't have much personality aside from generic 'devoted lover' stuff. So I thought some more, and decided I would like to make a variation of the Rat King from the Nutcracker. His 'power' would be sovereignty over all manner of rodents, and a few little bennies from simply being of royal lineage. The downside, of course, is he'd be little more than a talking Rat that summons more rats, but the upside is I'd get to ham it up, which I've been wanting to do with an authoritative asshole for a while. Naturally I have a little more planned for his royal highness, but I wanted to hear a 'yay' or 'nay' before going further with him.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Majabya on October 03, 2016, 02:19:02 AM
Yo! So, after tinkering with my idea for the tin soldier for along while, I realized that I was acting in haste when choosing him, the way I was envisioning him he didn't have much personality aside from generic 'devoted lover' stuff. So I thought some more, and decided I would like to make a variation of the Rat King from the Nutcracker. His 'power' would be sovereignty over all manner of rodents, and a few little bennies from simply being of royal lineage. The downside, of course, is he'd be little more than a talking Rat that summons more rats, but the upside is I'd get to ham it up, which I've been wanting to do with an authoritative asshole for a while. Naturally I have a little more planned for his royal highness, but I wanted to hear a 'yay' or 'nay' before going further with him.

Mm that could be interesting, but just a talking rat would seem a bit strange as well. I'm sure there are other characters that you could choose that you could 'ham it up' a bit more then the Rat King; mostly just cause his size may limit you to doing certain things, plus let's say if there was something like a battle at sea or something, he'd be kinda useless.

I would say character that could be what you're looking for could be someone like Captain Hook.

But if you still want to use the Rat King, go for it! Can't wait to see how you make the character your own! :D

Mathim

I should mention, the expectation for any animal characters is that they will either be human sized by default, or at least have the option to shift back and forth. Puss in Boots, for instance, is a great example of this the way I envisioned her in my short fiction. Since in the story, Puss in Boots devoured a shape-shifting creature she tricked into turning into a small mouse, she can have inherited some of that shape-shifting magic and go between full cat, cat-human (think of the ones from Doctor Who) or fully human. In fact, I'd say if there's a Rat King, we TOTALLY need a Puss in Boots for their nemesis!

I also wrote the Frog Prince being a humanoid frog when human-sized but fully frog-like if he wants to shrink down to his natural form, though he can still talk and walk on two legs.

So use some creativity on Rat King if you want a character like that. Maybe he can have a bite or scratch that turns its victims into vicious rat-like pseudo-zombies? Like a form of magic rabies, except he can control them when close around them.

I was thinking it might step on the Pied Piper's toes if anyone wanted that, but then, the Piper can control any kind of animal, and even people, according to the story, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Tokyorose627

Are we allowed to make another character by chance? I had the idea of the evil daughter Odile from the story Swan Lake, but o didn't know if it would work cause it was a ballet first, and made it's way into fairytale lore; much like the Nutcracker too.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 04, 2016, 12:44:47 AM
Are we allowed to make another character by chance? I had the idea of the evil daughter Odile from the story Swan Lake, but o didn't know if it would work cause it was a ballet first, and made it's way into fairytale lore; much like the Nutcracker too.

It's still a fairytale, I'd say it counts :)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 04, 2016, 12:53:51 AM
It's still a fairytale, I'd say it counts :)

Yeah that's true. I'll make her profile as a WIP for now until I get confirmation from Mathim.

Tokyorose627

Player Name: Tokyorose627

Character Name/Identity: Odile, Krahe (Alias)

Tale of Origin: Swan Lake

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Personality: Odile is a young woman that takes joy in tormenting and messing with poor souls that wish to do nothing but good. Seeing poor innocents suffer and drown in despair is something she takes joy in, especially if it was by her hand, and she takes pride in picking out the weaklings only to crush them when they least expect it. She enjoys the finer things in life such as money, expensive jewels, and the finest foods and wines, but wants more out of life then to simply wander the world in wait of something to come and happen. Despite her beautiful and alluring appearance, her heart is ice cold and black like charcoal, only caring for others that have done things for her in return. Be warned however, for Odile can get dangerous, especially if she happens to have her sights on you in particular...

Abilities:

Summon: Can summon hordes of crows to attack targets of hers.

Flight: Odile has the ability to fly, either by transforming into a black Raven, or by dissipating into a swarm of crows and ravens.

Transfiguration: Has the ability to transform herself in a black Raven, in order to blend into her surroundings. As well, Odile can use her transformation skills for other uses, such as growing sharp talon like claws to scratch and spread her enemies to pieces, mimicking a Raven's call that makes windows shatter from the ear-piercing sound, or even grow wings as her arms to throw large, heavy, gusts of wind towards her enemies. With the darkest of magics, she can even kidnap innocents and turn them into ugly, black crows and ravens that do her bidding, becoming an army for her to control and use for whatever she likes.

Charm Ability: With magic given to her by her father von Rothbart, Odile has the ability to charm and hypnotize targets of hers to do her bidding and obey her command. By looking deeply into their eyes, they are under her control; however, she can use more effective means, such as stabbing her targets with a black feather to keep the control on them from far away distances. Only by destroying of burning the feather do the victims break from the curse.

Skills:

Dance: Just like in the story, Odile was known to be a beautifully gifted dancer, able to dance ballets and simple short performances that would bring people to tears.

Persuasion: Due to her charm ability, as well as her beauty, Odile is able to persuade people, mostly the opposite gender, to do things for her on a whim. From taking their money to having them even kill for her, Odile's charm is something that's used as a weapon whenever she can.

Magic: Given to her by her father in order to trick the Prince into marrying her instead of his true love, Odile uses the magic that her father gave her for various uses. From transforming her body to even controlling individuals and birds, Odile has had no problem in growing into her powers of magicks. She's had experience with making potions and incantations, but relies on her charmed victims to do her bidding while she stays by and watches. She's learned from her father, a powerful wizard, and has utilized the magics that he has taught her to help her fight.

Sword Fighting: Taught to her by her father, Odile knows how to fence and sword fight in case any danger were to come her way.

Backstory: Odile's story begins as a child, having lived in a rather powerful and wealthy family of herself and her father, Von Rothbart, a powerful wizard that was known across the and for his abilities in the magical arts. Their family, despite being known by many and having vast knowledge on magic, was cast out of the kingdom that ruled due to her father's potions and magical experiments going out of control, and eventually the royal family finding out that Rothbart was using his magics in a plan to overthrow the King, and to take his place on the thrown. Cast away to the farthest depths of the forest, and unable to step foot on the palace grounds or even talk to her now once friend Odette, Odile was left with her father, with almost no food or water to last them. Stripped of their wealth and status, they escaped to an abandoned and rundown castle that had still stayed standing from a once long battle, and took refuge there. From then on, her father Rothbart began to plan his revenge, to kill the king and his daughter, and to take his rightful place as the King of the land, with his daughter Odile at his side.

Odile, having grown older, was still hesitant of doing such a thing, knowing Odette since they were young girls, and even knowing Prince Erik from the neighboring kingdom, who she would always speak to when they were children. However, seeing them become close made Odile envious and hateful, and soon, put herself in her father's plan by using her magic to disguise herself as Odette in order to trick the Prince into marrying her, all while her father had cursed Odette to the form of a Swan, unable to see her prince in the daytime, and cursed as a Swan in nightfall. Her father, however, was too greedy, and after having a ferocious battle against the Prince after he had lifted the curse from Odette, died by Prince Erik's hands. Consumed by rage and despair over her father's death, the dark magicks taught to her consumed every fiber of her being, her eyes turning a sickening blood red, and her appearance becoming that of ballerina cloaked in an outfit cloaked in black crow and raven feathers. Rage came out of her in waves, and she killed Odette in cold blood, no longer remembering the friendship the two once had, and stabbed the young girl through the chest with her own hand, her nails sharpened like a Raven's talons, and with sadistic glee, ripped Odette's heart out of her chest, killing her instantly.

Her eyes, blood red and showing only pools of rage, made her way to Prince Erik. Her rage however, could not come to kill the traumatized young man, her heart still remembering the feelings of love she felt for him. As he tried to run she chased after him through the dark forests, ensnaring him in a flock of crows before he could finally escape from her. Using her charm ability so that he would no longer want to flee from her, she wondered what she could do with him. What could she do to Erik so that he would never leave her again, always be hers no matter what?

In a matter of moments she allowed her dark magicks to consume his entire being, changing him, making his body morph and shape unwillingly until her dear Prince had finally transfigured into that of a Black Raven, beady red eyes staring back into her own. He was no longer tainted by Odette, he was no longer ugly or normal; he was now beautiful and perfect in every way, and Odile could ask for nothing more then a pet that served her at every waking moment. Taking her new Raven, she unleashed dark horrors amongst the Kingdom that Odette's family once held, killing innocents and individuals that had wronged her both, uncaring of who was in her way. Bloodshed covered the towns and kingdom but she payed no mind, because she was now free to do what she wished. Soon creating an army of Ravens, Odile let the Kingdom that she had destroyed be her new home, her tale spreading towards the other lands and kingdoms, the stories and tales giving her the title simply known as "The Witch of the Wastes".

Appearance:

Appearance 1

Appearance 2

Fury Aphrodisia

I've been watching here, and I'm sorry I haven't said much, but I've been trying furiously to come up with a character. I might... do the Puss in Boots idea, I don't know yet. Pinging back and forth between that and Red.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

For Puss in Boots, I've got lots of suggestions to make it a great character, including the boots being the legendary Seven League Boots, which would make Puss basically like The Flash of the story, able to move at great speeds with those enchanted boots.

And yes, Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, etc., are perfectly acceptable to draw from. Someone already mentioned the Rat King from the Nutcracker and that was fine and dandy.

Deathnote

Player Name: Deathnote
Character Name/Identity: The Grey Wolf
Tale(s) of Origin: Vasilisa the Beautiful, The Frog Princess, Tsarevitch Ivan, the Firebird and the Gray Wolf, etc...
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Cynical and foul-mouthed, this wolf has grown up in the wild and it shows.  Normally stern, serious, and detached, Grey also has a bit of a temper, which has gotten him into trouble more than once before.  He can be extremely stubborn and has a tendency to make reckless decisions at times.  Despite not exactly being the brightest bulb in class, he has proven to be quite cunning and a fast learner of the arcane arts.  He also displays great loyalty to his friends and family.

Abilities: Formerly the apprentice of Baba Yaga herself, Grey has access to a great deal of magical knowledge.  His favourite and most practice form of magic was transmogrification, specifically turning himself into other forms of animals.  He is also adept at summoning the winds to his aid whether it be masking his own scent or unleashing powerful gusts of air.

Skills:

Combat - As his natural form is that of the wolf, he has a great deal of experience fighting and surviving in the wild.  Even while in human form, his keen senses and reflexes allow him to fight on equal footing with trained swordsmen.  While under Baba Yaga's tutelage, he once journeyed to the Eastern Continent where he learned of a martial art that perfectly complemented his natural movements as a wolf.

Tracking - An experienced and natural-born hunter due to his life as a wolf in the wild.

Backstory:

The runt of the litter, Grey was a wolf born near the border of the Northern and Western continents.  While out hunting when he was still a cub, he was accidentally separated from his family.  Lost and hungry, the lone wolf spent weeks on his own, learning to fend for himself as he traveled the lands.  After a particularly brutal fight involving an Ussuri Brown Bear, Grey found himself heavily injured and close to death.  That was when the old witch, Baba Yaga came across him and nursed him back to health.  Baba Yaga adopted Grey as a familiar, caring for him for a while before eventually turning him into the Black Rider to act as her bodyguard.  The wolf would only turn into the Black Rider at night for a few hours before changing back into a wolf.  Grey served faithfully as the witch's bodyguard while picking up enough magical knowledge to learn how to shape-shift on his own.  The witch proved strict and sometimes cruel and merciless, but the wolf stayed for he felt he owed her his life.

One night, while riding through the woods, he came across a young maiden named Vasilisa, who was sent by her cruel stepmother to fetch some light from Baba Yaga's hut.  After completing some nearly impossible tasks and revealing that she did so using 'her mother's blessing', Vasilisa was able to return home with a skull-lantern full of burning coals.  She returned the very next morning, revealing that the skull-lantern she had been given burned her stepmother and stepsisters to ashes.  With nowhere else to go, Baba Yaga took her in as a servant.  The old witch would regularly send the girl out to perform various, nearly impossible tasks.  Most of the time, Grey would be sent along with her to assist and guide her as needed.  The two developed a sort of sibling relationship, though it wasn't always clear which of them was the elder.  Vasilisa went by many names during her excursions, but her most famous moniker was that of Marya Morevna, warrior princess.

Grey and Vasilisa were on a mission in the capital, posing as makers of cloth when they ran into Vasilisa's father, Kashchey Romanov.  It was at that time that Vasilisa learned the truth about her parents.  Her mother was a princess from a dark kingdom.  Her father was from a powerful wizard family famed for dark and forbidden magic.  The two had eloped and escaped the dark kingdom.  The father became a merchant.  The mother died when Vasilisa was only a child.  Vasilisa chose to stay with her father instead of going back to Baba Yaga.  Grey warned her against this since he knew how the old witch would react, but ultimately respected her wishes and returned home by himself.

Vasilisa returned to the hut a few weeks later... trapped in the form of a frog.  She had been cursed by her own father for disobeying him and was to be trapped as a frog for three years.  It was only at night when she was able to muster the strength to temporarily break free of the curse.  Come morning, however, she would change back into a frog.  Should the curse be completely broken before the three years were up, she would be compelled to return to her father's side.  Baba Yaga still hadn't gotten over what she perceived to be a betrayal and refused to help her former disciple.  Grey wanted to speak up on his sister's behalf... but he couldn't.  He found himself unable to oppose the witch and kept silent.  He instead chose to watch over his sister while she was in frog form.

Three years were almost up when Vasilisa met and fell in love with Ivan, the Tsar's third son.  The problem, of course, was that she was still a frog.  She pleaded with Grey to find out more about this Ivan fellow for her.  Unable to turn down her request, Grey agreed, turned into a bird, and followed Ivan back to the palace.  The wolf turned into one of the palace guards and ran into one of Ivan's sisters, Princess Anna.  After a brief and awkward confrontation, Grey found Ivan talking to the Tsar.  Funnily enough, Ivan and his brothers were ordered by their father to "take your bows, go out into the open field, and shoot an arrow. Wherever it falls, there you will find your wife."  Learning of this, Grey told Vasilisa, and together they hatched a plan.  Grey redirected Ivan's arrow to a secluded area with no one else around where Vasilisa would catch it in her mouth.  Confronted by a talking frog, Ivan reluctantly brought her back to the palace to wed her.

Several days later, Grey found Ivan wandering the country road on his own, downtrodden, broken, and exhausted.  Curious, the wolf changed into an old man and asked him what was going on.  Ivan revealed that after learning of Vasilisa's true form, he attempted to break the curse permanently by burning the frog skin that she shed every night.  This compelled the princess to return to her father's side, where she would no doubt be punished for her transgressions.  Grey listened intently before directing him to Baba Yaga's hut.  As Ivan journeyed to the old witch's hut, Grey took the opportunity to test his character by shapes-shifting into various animals.  Ivan proved merciful and kind each time, earning him the magical wolf's trust.  After reaching Baba Yaga's hut, Ivan was able to impress the old witch with his fearless and indomitable nature.  Baba Yaga gave the young prince the information he needed in order to defeat Vasilisa's father, Kashchey.

Ivan and the wolf journeyed together for a while in search of a magical needle contained the dark wizard's soul when he received news that his father had fallen ill.  After the prince returned to the palace, the Tsar revealed his dying wish to seeing the firebird one last time.  He declared that whichever of his three sons managed to get the firebird would have half his kingdom and be his heir.  Around this time, Grey met with Princess Anna once again, finding her distraught over her father's illness.  Deciding to put Vasilisa's rescue on hold (they didn't even know where to begin with that magical needle), the prince and the wolf journeyed to another kingdom where the king had a pet firebird.  The king agreed to give up the firebird in exchange for the horse with the golden mane.  The other king who had the horse with the golden mane agreed to give that up in exchange for Yelena the beautiful to be his wife.

Grey later revealed that Yelena was actually one of Vasilisa's many disguises from when they were fulfilling Baba Yaga's tasks.  They decided to go back to Baba Yaga for some more advice.  It was there that they had learned that one of Baba Yaga's sisters had a garden of apples and water that could rejuvenate someone back to life.  While Grey did not know where to find Baba Yaga's sister, he did know where to find her niece.  The niece directed them to her sister, who in turn directed them to a third sister who did indeed knew where the garden was.  The pair stole the apples and water, but not without alerting the witch of what they had done.  The witch cursed Ivan by compelling the prince's brothers to kill him.  Grey had to use a bit of the water of life to bring him back to life again.

Not sure what to do next, Ivan and Grey journeyed to the Dark Kingdom, where they had learned that Kashchey had taken over as the king.  The dark wizard had attempted to take control of a dragon in an effort to use his powers to defeat a member of his family, an upstart wizard who had killed his own parents.  The dragon demanded a sacrifice on a regular basis in exchange for his services.  Kashchey agreed to this condition, even when one of the sacrifices turned out to be his own daughter.  It was at this point that Kashchey realized he had bitten off more than he could chew.  While he still desired the dragon's strength, he realized that the beast could not be controlled.  By the time Ivan and Grey had arrived, Vasilisa had already been taken away by the dragon.  Intrigued by Ivan's character, Kashchey decided to test him out by sending him after the dragon.  With Grey's help (mostly by turning into a flying horse), Ivan was able to slay the dragon and rescue Vasilisa.

They were then ambushed by an unknown assailant, who killed Ivan yet again, heavily injured Grey, and forced Vasilisa to credit him as the dragon slayer.  Vasilisa managed to escape a few days later, find Ivan's corpse with Grey's help, and use the water of life to bring him back to life... again.  Ivan got his revenge by killing the fraud, but not before revealing to the public that he was the true dragon slayer.  Kashchey had no intention of allowing his daughter to go, however, and attempted to recruit Ivan in his plans to take down his rivals.  Grey was able to slip away unnoticed and investigate the dark wizard's library.  There he discovered the location of the magical needle.  It was in an egg, that was in a duck, that was in a hare, that was sitting in a stone chest, that was inside of an oak tree.  With Grey's shape-shifting, he was able to get to the magical needle.  Ivan snapped the needle, killing Kashchey once and for all.

Remembering the promise to the king with the golden maned horse, Ivan wondered how to get out of that.  Grey shape-shifted into Vasilisa's form so that Ivan may trade him away for the horse.  He would later escape and rejoin Ivan and Vasilisa.  Realizing what they could get away with, Grey turned into the horse so that they could get the firebird for free before returning home.  On the way home, Ivan's brothers ambushed and stabbed him to steal away the firebird.  Rolling his eyes at the emerging pattern, Grey brought Ivan back to life again before dealing with the two brothers.  Once they've returned to the palace, they used the water of life on Ivan's father, curing his fatal illness.

Ivan and Vasilisa seemingly lived happily ever after.  Two of Ivan's sisters married powerful wizards.  The third sister, Princess Anna married Grey.  It seemed as though they had finally earned their happy ending.  Well... that is... until Koschei kidnapped Vasilisa and killed Ivan... yet again.  By this point, their water of life had nearly been used up.  After bringing Ivan back to life again, Grey suggested that they consulted Baba Yaga again on how to deal with Koschei.

The battle against Koschei, unfortunately, ended in tragedy.  Not only was Ivan slain in battle, but Koschei went after Ivan's friends, family, and sisters.  Ivan's three sisters' husbands, including Grey were no match against the Deathless wizard.  In the end... Princess Anna used the last of the water of life to save Grey's life.

Grey attempted to find more water of life to bring everyone back, but the garden was no more.  The water of life only worked on the recently deceased.  After a few days, the corpse would reach a point of decay where not even the water of life could work.  Falling into despair over this hopeless situation, he turned to the only thing he had left: Revenge.

Appearance: Colin Morgan

Deathnote

I had to laugh when I saw Koschei's backstory included Ivan the hero.  Last time this game was up, I expressed an interest in playing as the Gray Wolf.  :p

Also, this probably isn't what you're looking for, Mathim, but... when you described this game's world map, my mind immediately went to the Anime "One Piece":

Tokyorose627

Mathim

Quote from: Deathnote on October 07, 2016, 01:59:52 AM

Also, this probably isn't what you're looking for, Mathim, but... when you described this game's world map, my mind immediately went to the Anime "One Piece":

Actually, that bottom-left section of the 3rd picture is almost exactly what I had in mind. There's four (well, five, but pretend the Eastern island isn't split into North and South by water) continents separated by an X of water. If I could crop that out and edit it a bit, that could serve as a perfect visual example of what the world is supposed to look like for this game.

LamentingQuill

Still many awesome fairytale characters, both hero and villain, still available! Just think of it, perhaps you could have a villain experience a change of heart or maybe a hero sways to the darkness and succumbs to deep dark desires they had long denied was there...

There are so many limitless possibilities! Come join in on the excitement! :D

WhatLiesAbove

Has anyone picked Maleficent yet? If not, I'd like to call dibs!

PrincessAriel

Oooo. Please please take Maleficent! :3
I LOVE Maleficent. Mainly because of Kingdom Hearts. :p
"Let Me See You

Mathim

Hells yeah, we need a strong evil lady, maybe one so powerful even Rumple doesn't automatically want to have her in his cabal since he can't always count on being stronger than her.

Isengrad

I may have a good mind for the Huntman/Woodsman. Seeing him like a Super Solider like Captain America, Enhanced Physiology and such. He might posses a Throwing Axe that returns to his hand, and a sword that makes him unbeatable in a duel(the catch is that being killed,maimed or wounded does not mean he is beaten).

original artwork by karabiner

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on October 11, 2016, 07:33:46 PM
I may have a good mind for the Huntman/Woodsman. Seeing him like a Super Solider like Captain America, Enhanced Physiology and such. He might posses a Throwing Axe that returns to his hand, and a sword that makes him unbeatable in a duel(the catch is that being killed,maimed or wounded does not mean he is beaten).

You might consider giving him a spirit familiar that he channels to work that kind of mojo. I was going to suggest a hawk or something that would also enhance his eyesight to make him an incredibly skilled archer. That sword might be a little too powerful, though. Even Rumplestiltskin can't cheat death.

Isengrad

yeah, was just a thought. was used in a book series i read. you still have to be careful cause once again, being unbeatable is not the same and being unkillable. But yeah, nix the sword and a returning woodsman axe would be fun. A Hawk could be fun, Either enhance his eyesight or allow him to see through the hawks eyes like Dar from beastmaster.

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on October 11, 2016, 10:14:18 PM
yeah, was just a thought. was used in a book series i read. you still have to be careful cause once again, being unbeatable is not the same and being unkillable. But yeah, nix the sword and a returning woodsman axe would be fun. A Hawk could be fun, Either enhance his eyesight or allow him to see through the hawks eyes like Dar from beastmaster.

And possibly limited flight, like maybe just for emergency air rescue over a short distance. And yeah, I kind of imagined him being able to remotely view what his spirit animal could, almost like how Falcon was using the Red Wing drone in Captain America: Civil War. I'm not sure if anyone ever tried to postulate that the Huntsman that was sent to kill Snow White but spared her was also the Woodsman who saved Red Riding Hood and her granny, but I did make them the same character in the short fiction version. That way he does use an axe, but also has a hunting motif and not just a lumberjack sort of background. Go nuts with it, though, it's a very versatile character.

Deathnote

Btw, is my character, Grey Wolf okay?

Also, I'm considering making a character sheet for Aladdin as the brilliant, but lazy tactician who just wanted to live a peaceful and easy life.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Deathnote on October 11, 2016, 11:14:06 PM

Also, I'm considering making a character sheet for Aladdin as the brilliant, but lazy tactician who just wanted to live a peaceful and easy life.

Oh neato, if you do that, Snow White and her crew could totally use him :)

Mathim

Quote from: Deathnote on October 11, 2016, 11:14:06 PM

I had totally forgot you posted that profile. Yes, yes, by all means it's approved. Go ahead and stick it up in the Info/Profiles thread and you can get your first post in IC under way.

Odile too, yes. Same routine, post it where everyone can see the profiles all in one place and you can get down to business in the war zone.

BTW, if anyone wanted to play an evil Gretel to my good Hansel, that could be interesting.

WhatLiesAbove

Should I post a character sheet on the CS page? Or message you?

Mathim

Go ahead and post it here. That gives others the chance to get a glimpse of it before you start and they can suggest ways in which your character might have prior connections to theirs and such, and make suggestions so that you might be able to make a better final draft of it before posting in the Info/Profile thread.

So super glad more of the people I reached out to are responding! I should have done this sooner.

WhatLiesAbove

Player Name: WhatLiesAbove
Character Name/Identity: Maleficent
Tale(s) of Origin: Sleeping Beauty
Alignment: True Neutral
Abilities: Maleficent is a magical being. She is able to conjure spells...from the most basic cantrip's to the more involved spells...though those typically require preparation. Maleficent is also able to transform between two forms...a human form with horns and wings, to a 30-foot tall black dragon, able to breathe fire. (High Transmogrification, medium-high enchantment, low summoning)
Skills: Maleficent is able to wield a staff...both to use for magic, as well as use it as a quaterstaff.
Weakness: Cold-forged iron
Backstory: Maleficent has always been a loner. Always gone her own way. Growing up, she spent her days doing what she could, protecting the Moors. In the end, despite her best efforts...she failed. She spent the rest of her eternal life out of sight and out of mind...for the most part. Sure, there were rumors and legends. But they all boiled to the same thing. Maleficent was a creature you did NOT trifle with.

When "the happening" occured, Maleficent could tell right away it was more than just human armies devouring each other. There was something...magical. The Weave spoke to her, telling her of what Rumplestiltskin had done. Unlike so many she refused to fight him...though she certainly didn't go to him to join his forces. if the Djinn wanted her, he damn well knew where she was. Her castle was hard to miss.
Personality: Maleficent is a loner. While she is fiercely devoted to people who prove themselves her ally, she is equally ferocious against those that would mean her harm. There is little she hates more in existence than humans....all humans. None have proven their worth, and they have hurt her more than she cares to admit.
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):Angie Everhart

Mathim

Maybe shrink the pic down a bit; also, chaotic neutral kind of makes no sense. If she's pretty self-serving usually then she'd be chaotic evil. Not necessarily aligned with Rumple, but not interested in helping the good guys, and perhaps even taking advantage of the situation with people being frightened and either abandoning their homes or looking to serve someone else powerful who will protect them in exchange for servitude or their meager possessions. But otherwise, looks good. Wish we could see her with some horns like in the movies. Also, is she vulnerable to iron or are you making her not of fairy origin so she doesn't have that weakness?

Isengrad

If we base it on the most recent movie, Chaotic Neutral actually makes sense. She lashed out at the humans because one had hurt Her, she protected the child becasue she wanted her curse to come to fruition, and she ultimately saved her because she developed maternal feelings for the girl. It was all very self-serving for a good while. She was unconcerned with the good or evil of it. Even in the animated classic, it was a vendetta after a very grave insult. To not invite someone to a major event was a social taboo, even if they were your enemy. She responded in kind.

But that is just my two cents about it.I'll have the Huntman up later today, i had an idea about the Bird companion, Making him a Spirit of the wild hunt, gifted to him by Woden since were dealing with Germanic fairy tails.

Mathim

Well if you're neutral the chaotic part is unnecessary. Neutral implies they're not for or against either side, the chaotic part just implies that they don't have an allegiance even if they themselves are a good or evil person. So for one to be chaotic they'd have to be good or evil, otherwise it's just plain neutral. At least that's how it was explained to me.

WhatLiesAbove

The chaotic part of it is just because she doesn't follow any set of "laws"...either good or evil. Was kinda basing it on the D&D definitions. But I can keep her truly neutral if that works better. I was just trying to hit home the fact that Maleficent only follows one set of laws...being her own.

And sorry about the size of the picture. Still working on coding.

As for iron....it would make sense. However, if this is set in modern times, wouldn't that kind of hinder her? Seeing as everything is made out of steel, and steel is made from Iron?

Isengrad

Make it Cold Forged iron. Not a lot of Cold forged around. And steel is an alloy of iron, most Fantasy rules state that if it's not pure iron it does not have the same properties.

Fury Aphrodisia

I can help you out with the coding. Where you see [img], changing it to [img height=300] will help, then just play around with the number until you find the sidze you want.

I was under the impression that we were playing in what would be the equivalent of the enchanted forest in Once Upon a Time, a land in medieval principle. I could be mistaken, though. Even in the real world, however, I have within reach a cast-iron teapot and two matching cast iron cups, a set of fireplace tools and out the window, a whole fence made of cast iron. There might still be realistic options.

As for the alignments, if I'm not mistaken, in DnD world the Good, Evil (and corresponding neutral) are an indicator of how invested you are in the people around you, their well-being and the relationships you ahve with them. If you're likely to be helping others, doing charity work and working for the good of the general populace, you're good. If you're working against them, to the detriment of all or some, then you're evil. Neutral is just exactly what it sounds like. You're working for yourself, and you're not particularly invested in whether the people around you are effected or not.

In terms of Chaotic, Lawful and their corresponding neutral, then it's a little different. It's about how controlled you are. If you're tightly controlled and working with a very specific code of conduct, then you're lawful, whether that code of conduct is reflecting how you are seeming to others specifically because you intend to benefit or subjugate them is neither here nor there. If you specifically defy the conventions of law or control, you're chaotic, because no one can predict what you're going to do simply by using a set of strictures to control you. Neutral is, again, just as it sounds: You're going to do what you do not because of any controlling factor and perhaps you're even somehow predictable, it's just that you're not actively working for anything but your own comfort zone.

Thusly, true neutral does whatever the hell they want, so long as it serves their purposes. It's generally pretty difficult to play a truly neutral character, though.

That said, we might not be going by DnD structure, but using similar terminology, which is absolutely fine, since this isn't DnD. It does help, though, if we can know what sort of standardization we're working with.

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on October 13, 2016, 11:27:30 AM
Make it Cold Forged iron. Not a lot of Cold forged around. And steel is an alloy of iron, most Fantasy rules state that if it's not pure iron it does not have the same properties.

Wow, there's more to it than I thought. Yeah, we can make that the rare exception, so that you wouldn't just bring that stuff out unless you knew you were going up against an opponent vulnerable to it.

Isengrad

Player Name:Isengrad
Character Name/Identity: Sebastian /The Huntsman
Tale(s) of Origin: Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood
Alignment:Nuetral Good
Abilities:Blessings of the Wilde Jagd

• Enhanced Physiology: The Huntsman's natural abilities are pushed to the extreme. He can track by scent, leap like a deer through the forest, is as powerful as the largest mountain bear, see near perfectly in the dark and so on. Woden made him the perfect hunter.
  • Jaeger: Jeager is his companion, a Golden eagle given to him by the leader of the Wilde Jagd, this spirit of the hunt can take different forms for his master. Most commonly is a Bow that produces it's own golden fletched arrows and a simple woodmans axe, its edge as sharp and as deadly as the birds talons.When needed the Huntsman can see through the eyes of His companion.
Skills: The Huntsman was/is a skilled tracker, even before the blessings of Woden. Trained first as a scout for some kindom he is adept at long distance running and thinking quick on his feet, as well as most hand to hand weapons. The bow came naturally to him and his skill only improved when he was blessed. Besides that, hes a pretty good cook after living on his own for so long.

Backstory: Sebastian hails form the northern continent, the son of a minor noble that sat high on his low laurels and tried to make sure Sebastian did the same. This in itself was pointless as the boy hated his father and as soon as he had come of age(14) he fled his home in the north to head to the western continent. There he joined the armies of of Snow whites father, training as a hunter and a scout. From his guard post he watched as young Snow white grew up into the woman she would be. At last those peaceful days were not meant to last.

The stepmother, the Queen Grimhilde, brought a dark cloud to the otherwise peaceful kingdom.Still it was her word that he was sworn to obay, her authority. So when he was ordred to drag Snow white into the forest and cut out her heart he at first obeyed. When it came right down to the moment, his hand and the dagger hovering above her suple frame, he realized he could not do it. Over the years a small seed of affection had been planted in his heart, a seed that blossomed on that day. They concocted a plan, he cut out the heart of a wild boar after capturing it in the forest and gave to Snow the very dagger he was ordered to kill her with.

Returning to the Queen he tossed the heart at her feet and gave up his commission, what did she care, he had done his job. He settled on the end of the kingdom and took up a lifestyle of hunting, trapping and logging to get by. He would return to the deep forest from time to time to check up on snow and train her in the use of the dagger he had given her. The rest was him patrolign the forest and scaring away or killing any dangerous beasts that may happen upon her, as well as stearing any of the queens guards away from where she lived.

He made it a point during that time to hunt a dangerous beast that stalked those woods, a great wolf that he was sure was the stuff of nightmares. In passing the house of an old grandma he heard her snoring rather loudly, having a fresh kill he decided to check to see if she needed any of the meat. When he entered he saw the wolf, fat and asleep. Thinking the wolf must have eaten the poor woman whole from the looks of it, and the lack of blood staining the floor. He carefully split open his stomach with a pair of the grandmothers shears. Surprised to find both the grandmother and her granddaughter alive he was ready to kill the beast in his sleep when red had a wonderful idea. They filled his belly with heavy stones and sewed him back up, so that when he awoke he would know he was done. When the wolf fell dead the huntsman took the wolfs skin, and hurled the carcass into a nearby gorge to feed the buzzards.Thus he had saved three lives.

It was quite some time before the queen stumbled upon the Huntmans ploy, and when she did she had him dragged into the palace to stand for his betrayal. The last thing he could remember was seeing his own heart beating in her open palm;however, that was not the end of his tale. He awoke a while later surrounded by hunters of strange and alien origin, and leading them was a great man who radiated fear, power, and the wild thrill of the hunt. Woden welcomed him to join his hunter of the Wilde jagd, and over the next few years he joined the primal hunt. Though his body was dead, his spirit grew stronger from the blessings. When they camped he would check on Snow, happy to see that it had all worked out.

When Rumplestilskin started his war Sebastian knew he had to head back, so taking the pelt of Big bad and getting Wodens blessing he returned tot he land of the living to fight, knowing that the next time he died, he would not get another chance at life. He would remain dead.
Personality: To freinds he tries to be kind, and an example of a good role model. He is a good man, unconcerned with weather it is against the law to do the good deed, knowing it only needs to be done. he likes to offer his enemies quarter only once.
Orientation: Bi-female preferance
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):alexander marushin
]

Mathim

Isengrad

If we get more people, I have a nice little art reference list for some Russian fairy and folklore tales.

http://imgur.com/gallery/4x41W  art is poretty cool but lists a few of the heros and villians from Russian fariytales.

Mathim

Ooh...I wonder if anyone might be interested in taking on the role of Beowulf or something like that...surely that counts for a scenario like this even though it's more like an epic poem.

Tokyorose627

We could use more people to join! More possibly towards more villains if you can, but heroes are fine as well! Feel free to look over the character profiles to get an idea for the RP!

Juggtacular

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Identity:Sun Wukong - The Monkey King
Tale(s) of Origin: Journey to the West
Alignment: Chaotic Good, Chaotic Evil(depending on who you ask)sometimes just Chaotic
Abilities:Due to the powerful forces involving his birth, as well as "upgrades" given to him, or taken for his own over the course of his life, Sun is a very, very powerful individual.

Godly Strength: Sun Wukong is physically very strong, as he is capable of effortlessly wielding his staff which weighs 8.1 tons, with one hand, and even a single finger. He is also strong enough to resist even Buddha's palm trying to crush him for a short period of time.

Godly Toughness: Like his strength, Sun is just as tough as he is strong. He has withstood an attack from the entirety of Heaven, and come out on top.

Godly Speed: Like the monkey he is, Sun is incredibly fast, and it's been said he's able to cover 13,468 miles in a single somersault(although this is obvious hyperbole). The speed also transfers to combat, and he is fast enough to vanish from sight with his movements.

Magic: The Monkey King is a master spellcaster. He innately knows 72 Transformations(including of course a massive ape), and has learned more throughout his life. Also, each of his hairs is magical, and when plucked from his body, can transform into objects, clones of Sun, and more. He also knows a plethora of elemental spells, conjuring spells, summoning circles, and magic to freeze anything in it's tracks. He even speaks and understands every language, as he came from a magic rock, and the Earth understands all.

Skills:

Ruyi Jingu Bang: Sun Wukong's prized staff is known as Ruyi Jingu Bang, and once belonged to Ao Guang, the Dragon King of the East Sea. It was gifted to Sun after a plethora of other enchanted weapons didn't match his standards. It's normal form is a black pillar that is 20 feet tall and as wide as a barrel. Only Sun who was fated to wield it can command it to shrink to a smaller size. It can also clone itself at his whim. Ruyi Bang weighs 8.1 tons, yet Sun wields it like it was as light as a cane. With his skill and the staff, he has defeated the entirety of Heaven. When not in use, Ruyi Bang shrinks down to the size of a needle and is tucked behind Sun's ear.

Martial Arts: Sun was born knowing 1,000 styles of martial arts, but has learned more from watching animals and his opponents during his travels. He is a master fighter and probably one of the best in the world.

Persuasive: The Monkey King has an infectious personality, and anyone with a good heart or spirit sees this, allowing Sun to easily gain friends and followers alike.

Backstory: Born from a magic rock, on the peak of Mount Huango(The Mountain of Flowers & Fruit) Sun Wukong's existence shook the pillars of Heaven, as the Jade Emperor himself noted two powerful beams of golden light coming from below the clouds. They were Sun's eyes as he looked around the new world. As he ate, the light died down, and soon after he started to befriend the creatures of the mountain; especially the monkeys. While playing, they decided to find the source of the stream that they always bathed in. What they found was a waterfall up the mountain, and the monkeys claimed whoever found the source, would be their king.

Sun volunteers, and after going through the waterfall, he finds water rushing over an iron bridge leading to a house. Bringing his new friends with him, they claim the house and Sun claims the title of Monkey King. Claiming the entirety of Mount Haungo as his Kingdom, Sun seeks out a powerful weapon to match his own strength. He found it underwater in the domain of Ao Guang, Dragon King of the East Seas. After that, he defeats the remaining dragons of the sea, claiming a golden chainmail shirt, a phoenix feather cap, and cloud walking boots from them. After returning to his Kingdom and demonstrating his power, Sun formed an alliance with multiple "demons" and Kings. Including the Bull Demon King, Lion Spirit King, Macaque Spirit King, Saurian Demon King, and Roc Demon King.

When Hell attempts to collect his soul, he goes so far as to erase his name and the names of his friends from the book of Life and Death. After the Dragon Kings and Kings of Hell report him to the Jade Emperor, the Emperor grants him a royal title to placate him. However, he is given the position not of "God", but of "Protector of Horses", the lowest job in Heaven. Rebelling against his continued treatment, he proclaims himself "The Great Sage, Equal of Heaven" and frees the cloud horses. Heaven recognizes his self gifted title, and again tries to placate him, this time making him the "Guardian of the Heavenly Garden". Again however, it is a lowly position, and he is denied entry to a banquet that every other God and Goddess is invited to. In retaliation, he stole the Peaches of Immortality, the Pills of Longevity, and the Emperor's royal wine.

He consumed all 3 and returned home to his mountain to prepare for a rebellion against Heaven itself. When Heaven retaliates, Sun single-handedly defeats all 100,000 Celestial Warriors, all 28 constellations, four heavenly kings, and Nezha, and proves himself equal to the best of Heaven's generals, Erlang Shen. Eventually, through the teamwork of Taoist and Buddhist forces, including the efforts from some of the greatest deities, and then finally by the Bodhisattva of mercy, Guanyin, Sun Wukong is captured.

After several failed attempts at execution, Sun Wukong is locked into Laozi's eight-way trigram Crucible to be distilled into an elixir (so that Laozi could regain his pills of longevity) by samadhi fires. After 49 days, however, when the cauldron is opened, Sun Wukong jumps out, even stronger. He is now able to recognize evil with huǒyǎn-jīnjīng (火眼金睛) (lit. "golden-gaze fiery-eyes"), an eye condition that also gives him a weakness to smoke, and proceeds to destroy Heaven's remaining forces. The Jade Emperor and the authorities of Heaven appeal to the Buddha, who arrives from his temple in the West. The Buddha bets that Sun Wukong cannot escape from Buddha's palm. Sun Wukong smugly accepts the bet. He leaps and flies to the end of the world. Seeing nothing but five pillars, Wukong believes he has reached the ends of Heaven.

To prove his trail, he marks the pillars with a phrase declaring himself the great sage equal to heaven). He leaps back and lands in the Buddha's palm. He is surprised to find that the five "pillars" he found are in fact the fingers of the Buddha's hand. When Wukong tries to escape, the Buddha turns his hand into a mountain. Before Wukong can shrug it off, the Buddha seals him there using a paper talisman bearing the mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" in gold letters. Sun Wukong remains imprisoned for five centuries.

While sealed away, Wukong has nothing but time to think and meditate on life and his existence. He was finally beginning to understand why he was treated the way he was, when Rumplestiltskin began his war. He sensed it, but could do nothing; until Buddha himself appeared and shattered his prison. The deity made a deal with Sun Wukong; he would gain his true freedom, and full admission into Heaven as the Great Sage, when the Djinn lay defeated. And to seal the pact, Buddha placed a golden band on Sun Wukong's head that could never be removed until the deed was done.

Personality: As he is a monkey, Sun is naturally a playful individual. He loves to play pranks and tricks on people, often times hoping it's as funny to them as it is him. He has a good heart, and knows the difference between right and wrong, no matter the context. And he will fight for what is right to his last breath, even if it means fighting the entirety of the Jade Heavens because they treated him horribly. He is confident in his power, and himself, as he never backs down from a challenge, and will face even impossible odds with high hope.

Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): In his human form, Sun appears to be a normal man. About six feet even, well muscled, with trimmed facial hair and a regal bearing about himself. His natural form is that of Sun Wukong, the Monkey King. He appears to be a humanoid monkey with a very human face, fiery hair, and a long tail protruding from his lower back. His appearance tends to change based on his mood however, so he can look like nearly anything or anyone.

I'm also thinking of Raven or Coyote from Native American myth as a bad guy, as they are trickster Gods who can get sorta vicious.

Mathim

A bit of hyperbole in there, don't want him too invincibly powerful. If he were more in line with the one from the Forbidden Kingdom and with his magic flying cloud that would be more reasonable. Maybe a hybrid between the Forbidden Kingdom and The Monkey King versions? You can find the latter on Netflix. Actually, you might be able to find both...

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on October 16, 2016, 11:43:01 AM
A bit of hyperbole in there, don't want him too invincibly powerful. If he were more in line with the one from the Forbidden Kingdom and with his magic flying cloud that would be more reasonable. Maybe a hybrid between the Forbidden Kingdom and The Monkey King versions? You can find the latter on Netflix. Actually, you might be able to find both...

Well this is all taken directly from Wikipedia, and is what happens in his story. I just wrote it in my own words. For the purposes of the game though he'd be more along the lines of the other heroes. Kinda like how Rumplestiltskin is far more powerful in this version than his normal version.

Mathim

I was mainly referring to the distance you said he can jump, that was just...yikes. Even in the movies that's never been done.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on October 16, 2016, 12:01:06 PM
I was mainly referring to the distance you said he can jump, that was just...yikes. Even in the movies that's never been done.

Ahhhh lol. Seriously, that was in the book. But I get it. Edited.

Mathim

AribethAmkiir

Been watching this for a while.  I know there had been some interest in "Puss in Boots", but has anyone claimed her?

If not, may I?

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 17, 2016, 02:18:47 PM
Been watching this for a while.  I know there had been some interest in "Puss in Boots", but has anyone claimed her?

If not, may I?

Someone had but I had wanted it to be the real thing and not a descendant of Puss like their interpretation, so they dropped out. It's yours if you want it! Please join!

Pretty pweeze?

AribethAmkiir

No descendant?  I'll PM you my thought and we'll see if it's a go.

Mathim

Well if the tales are about the actual characters (or an interpretation of them), it makes little sense to open up the possibility of relatives or descendants because we'd end up with something unrecognizable in most cases, so for the moment it would seem best to keep it based on the original tales' characters, good and bad.