Surviving nuclear apocalypse in the wilderness

Started by akirakaneda, January 09, 2015, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akirakaneda

Well I am a bit new to this, but I got an idea I would like to try:
A group of teenagers went to the woods to spend holidays, the holidays season is just starting, so they got the whole camping area for them during the weekend. The night of the friday, while they sleep, they woke up by a powerful sound and then find out the distinctive mushroom figure of nuclear clouds where the city was(NY, Tokyo or someplace like that were). Without any notice the WWIII had came and gone, and they will have to survive alone in the woods.

Main idea:
It will be a surivival roleplay in harsh conditions, friendships are tested, social stress to the limit, etc.

Context:

- EMI (electromagnetic impulse): anything with mirochips or wiring is dead
- Nuclear Winter: the weather will get colder as days pass
- Animals: Predators will become more agressive by the winter
- Food: they planned to stay for the weekend, no more food than 2 or 3 days at max.
- If they apporach to the cities too much they will get irradiated and the die (some villages may appear if the game goes far)
- Last but not least: A parent brought them to the camping place, so they don't. have any vehicle to leave the woods

Thanks for reading, hope some people get interested

Chulanowa

Question: How is this pathfinder? Does... nuclear fallout turn highschoolers into gnome wizards and such?  ;D

Belisuavious

I'm interested, though I'm also curious how pathfinder fits in.

akirakaneda

Well, it's good to see the post has been read and replied. on the pathfinder ...well i'm sorry, I was doing copy-paste with another topic, as you have noticed is a mistake

Spero

RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Miroque

Peeking intrest, depending purely on system used.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

laa

Loves

Sounds interesting. I would like to hear more about the system used as well
ON HIATUS AGAIN

stormwyrm

Might be a good one to get me started in group RPs which I've not yet tried yet.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

DarknessBorne

I could be interested in this, provided there are some adventures and external threats (bandits, etc.) to spice things up, and there isn't an (overly cumbersome) system involved.
Currently OPEN to new RPs.