Awaken Online (Anime Mashup adventure - Accepting Applications!)

Started by BruceTheCat, December 03, 2017, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Would Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail be a Saber class or Caster?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Mac84

Wouldn't the Character name be the Player's name, or would it be the handle the Player uses in Game?

IE. While my Player name would be Mac84, my character's hand could be Jeremy Black?

Attempt at Character creation! XD
These are only sample characters.

Player's Handle – Mac84
Character Name - Jeremy Black
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
Rider

Appearance/Style Description – Jeremy's style is more relaxed utilitarian. Being a Rider he is responsible for maintaining his mount.

Personality – Is a friendly person that likes to help others, and often throws himself into danger to protect those around him. Works well with a team.

Backstory – The Player known as Jeremy Black, upon discovering that he was trapped in the game, quickly sought to gather those that could help him beat the game. Though that was not his only objective. He understood that many of the other players would not be up for the hardship that they would face. Having experience with MMO's before, he tried to organize a small army in order to maximize players chances of survival, and getting everyone out. Sadly it did not go as planned. Infighting, Backstabbing, and outside interference caused the group to collapse from the inside. Leaving only Jeremy pretty much to fend for himself in an Ambush that he barely escaped out alive. Jeremy still wants to help people, and free everyone from the Game. However, he is aware enough that he can't do it on his own.

Powers/Equipment – As a Rider, Jeremy has a "Mount" derived from the Macross universe. A VF-25S "Messiah", (I am entertaining using a VB-06 Koenig Monster instead, but that would pretty much relegate him to a "Support" role.) Some other ideas for Mounts are the YF-21, and YF-19

Strengths – Military Prowess, Positive attitude, Kindness.

Weaknesses – A bit awkward around the Ladies, Can get in over his head at times/Tries to take on more than he can chew, a bit on the lazy side.

Player's Handle - Mac84
Character Name - Ricardo Romaro
Mobile Suit Gundam
Rider

– This is not required. If you can find a picture you like to represent the look of your character, please place that here. If not, a flavor image would be great too!

Appearance/Style Description – Much the same as with Jeremy

Personality – Team player, works well in a squad.

Backstory – Much the same as Jeremy

Powers/Equipment – MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom, Or MS-06R-1A Zaku II Hi-mobility Type.

Strengths – Military Training/Prowess, Supportive, Reliable

Weaknesses – Can take things a bit too seriously, can be rigid/unflexible

Feel free to edit this character sheet form as much as you like!

Player's Handle – Mac84
Character name: Red Eye
Trigun
Archer

Appearance/Style Description – Tends to gravitate towards Western Wear. Canvas trousers, and button up shirt with a heavy leather duster, and a large stetson. A heavy leather gun belt set in a cross draw configuration.

Personality – Distant, often working alone.

Backstory – Red almost instantly went into hiding once it was declared that the game was a trap. He knew that everyone was either going to panic and/or turn on each other. Sure there was going to be some people that rose up to try and organize to beat the game. However most would ultimately fail. He'll just have to keep out of the Cross hairs of any PKers (Player Killers) as much as possible while ensuring his own survival. He worked the harder hunting grounds, farming experience and knowledge because as an Archer class, he was a scout. He keeps a detailed log of the creatures, and enemies he comes across for future reference.

Powers/Equipment – Twin Six Shooters, Lever action rifle

Powers: Dead eye (Sniper), Quick draw.

Strengths – Very accurate shot, Quick,

Weaknesses – Social interactions, In close melee combat, Women,

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: AndyZ on December 06, 2017, 08:57:22 AM
I should probably slip away from this.  I've never even heard of half of these.

Hope the game goes awesome for you, though ^_^

But...

"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Chaosfox

I have to say this looks very interesting.  Actually ironically  I am in the middle of Sword art online watching through it for the second time.  I am going to throw in my interest but I am going to have to think on the character.  Way to many option my brain is already going on overload.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Steir

Quote from: Kokaine on December 06, 2017, 10:15:30 AM
In my opinion, Erza would be closer to a Saber class. Her magic allows her to change up her fighting style and acts to augment her fighting abilities rather than doing anything direct.

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Kokaine on December 06, 2017, 10:15:30 AM

I have not seen Fairy Tale but I went ahead and watched some Youtube videos of her in action. I would agree with Steir's assessment. She is a Saber class fighter who uses magic to augment her melee combat.

Also, her fight scenes are awesome. I may need to watch this show now!

Quote from: Chaosfox on December 06, 2017, 10:31:52 PM
I have to say this looks very interesting.  Actually ironically  I am in the middle of Sword art online watching through it for the second time.  I am going to throw in my interest but I am going to have to think on the character.  Way to many option my brain is already going on overload.

Sounds good Chaosfox!

The 'Name' section of the sheet would be for your character. In this case Jeremy Black.

The sheet is looking good so far, Mac! I'm actually more excited now because my initial character idea was for a Rider class who borrowed powers from the Gurren Lagaan universe. But this lets me brainstorm a different idea!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Mac84

Added some more to the "BackStory" phase of the potential characters. :P

Glad I could be of some help, RL.

What idea is that!?

Chaosfox

I am thinking of using an idea from S-cry-ed.. ..... Took me forever to remember the name of this show.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Mac84

I Remember that show! I only got to watch snippets of it.

Oh shit! Now I'm waiting for a Sailor Scout! :p

Steir

Quote from: Mac84 on December 07, 2017, 09:27:51 AM
I Remember that show! I only got to watch snippets of it.

Oh shit! Now I'm waiting for a Sailor Scout! :p
Speaking of magical girls, do they count primarily as Caster class?

PrestaDGTation

Name – Akiko Yukiji
Anime Origin – Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Class - Assassin

– (WIP, Imma have to draw these)

Appearance/Style Description – Akiko has bold features, and tends to dress rather loudly in a sort of neo-hippy aesthetic, complete with a few old bits of jewelry like large, heart shaped earrings, some bangles, and a broach with the figure of a white dove against a psychedelic background.  She also carries a large pair of leopard printed headphones.  Underneath this exterior, she wears a pair of black tights stitched skillfully with non-lustrous metal, and keeps a black mask and cowl tucked under her shirt.  In effect, she can drop the hippy garb and go ninja in needed.

While Akiko is professional, astute and a bit reclusive normally, she has a more ostentatious demeanor that seems to come out whenever Pour Some Sugar is active, prompting her to pose flamboyantly. 

Personality – While Akiko is fairly straightforward and personable in a professional setting, she's actually a bit reclusive.  She enjoys history, collecting old objects like coins, and generally keeps to herself.  This isn't to say that she's shy, but that she simply doesn't seem to have much patience for people, preferring to nip drama in the bud by simply doing things herself.  Video games were simply another part of this.

She seems to have a second layer, however, which is more flamboyant and fun loving.  This seems to be related to when her Stand, Pour Some Sugar, is active.  It may be that this is her true self, or it may be a side effect of picking a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Character.

Backstory – Being trapped in the world here has been relatively easy for her, due to the utility of her skill-set.   She's made a good business for herself as an appraiser and antique salesman, able to identify strange items even better than some of the local lore-mongers.  And she's even made a bit of a reputation for herself as someone who can find leads in quests, making her valuable as a party member.  All of this has allowed her to continue a professional, privately reclusive life-style with some measure of success.  Of course, this has come with a few problems, such as getting stuck with useless or nigh suicidal parties, getting into trouble when payment for her services is due, and the fact that she misses her collections in the real world.

Powers/Equipment – Akiko makes quite a living as an item appraiser, but she has no compunctions about being a little dishonest when she finds something that could be truly valuable to her.  As such, she's managed to get her hands on some suitably sneaky light armor, a powerful pair of blades, and a very accurate, silent ranged weapon.

Special Abilities - Stand User

All of Akiko's special abilities come from her status as a Stand User, or a being capable of projecting a spiritual manifestation of their will and psyche that draws out special abilities.  Her Stand's name is Pour Some Sugar. 

1) Pour Some Sugar allows her to talk to / listen to any man-made object.  The older an object is, the more coherent and vibrant that object is when communicating.  The drawback is that this power is always on, which sometimes is extremely annoying.  She's taken steps to muffle the noise.

2) Pour Some Sugar allows her to sometimes persuade man-made objects to act in usual ways.  For example, asking a dented suit of armor to repair itself, or asking an enemy sword not to hit her.  Again, the older an object is, the more likely she'll be able to persuade it.  She's never successfully persuaded anything that was 'younger' than 3 years old.

3) Pour Some Sugar is able to manifest itself as a lithe, floating humanoid shade.  It is capable of attacking enemies within a 30 foot range, primarily using its fists and legs.  Any damage Pour Some Sugar suffers is damage that Akiko herself suffers, as the two bodies are perfectly linked in that regard.  However, Pour Some Sugar is capable of moving silently, grasping weapons, scouting an area, and vanishing on command when she has line-of-sight.  It makes her a hell of an Assassin.  Sadly, Pour Some Sugar's range is pretty short, and the Stand itself cannot talk to or listen to objects while away from her.

Strengths –
1) Professional: Akiko gets the job done.  She has little patience for people that muck up the works with silly mistakes, and would much rather do a job alone and with precision, where possible.
2) Historian: Akiko knows things.  In fact, it's because she loves knowing things about the past so much that allows her to do what she does.  She often is surprisingly well informed, and has a good memory for such things.
3) Bold: When Pour Some Sugar is out, Akiko is courageous, bold, and flamboyant.  It often has the right effect on the right people.

Weaknesses –
1) Reclusive: Akiko prefers the company of objects to people.  She has little patience with humanity, and gets snippy and even petty sometimes if people don't at least do what they are supposed to do.
2) Drown Out The Noise: The fact that objects are always talking forces her to listen to music to distract herself, or go into natural settings where there are no man-made objects to get away from it.  Conversely, she is more comfortable in a room with antiques than anywhere else.
3) Loves Body Builders: Perhaps she even chose Jojo because she likes ripped men in loud, nigh-erotic poses.  But she can't help having a weakness for muscle heads in hot positions.
4) Assassin Class: Akiko is useful in a party, but she's not going to break any records in a fight.
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

BruceTheCat

Regarding magical girls I would say the answer is... probably? For the most part I remember them using a lot of spell type magic and summing effects. As opposed to fighting their enemies in melee combat.

But I could be easily persuaded with a YouTube video or something that contradicts how I remember those shows

Looks great so far Presta! Let me know whenever you’re ready for me to approve it! I’ll go ahead and put up a thread for characters tomorrow and make my own. Hopefully we can get 5-6 people initially interested to get started.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Steir

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 08, 2017, 02:47:06 AM
Regarding magical girls I would say the answer is... probably? For the most part I remember them using a lot of spell type magic and summing effects. As opposed to fighting their enemies in melee combat.

But I could be easily persuaded with a YouTube video or something that contradicts how I remember those shows
Hold on then, this may confuse you.

:3c

Mac84

Finalized Character Sheet! XD

I opted to go with the Macross Verse as I'm far more familiar with it than Gundam. And I think the Valkyries are just a bit more versatile than a Mobile suit. Though the Gouf Custom is still one of the most badass Mobile suits! As demonstrated here

Rider

Appearance/Style Description – Jeremy's personal style is is more relaxed and ultiliarian as he is expected to take care of his mount. Though when he is piloting, he has a special suit he wears to negate the effects of inertia, and G-Forces that would normally crush a human body by the tremendous maneuverability of the VF-25S, particularly when he has one of the Supplemental Packs attached. Jeremy's body type can be described as barrel chested. His face with about a months worth of beard growth.

Personality – Is a friendly person that likes to help others, and often throws himself into danger to protect those around him. Works well with a team. Enjoys various types of music, often lounging on the wing of his Mount with a the Radio playing custom play lists from the Macross Franchise.

Backstory – The Player known as Jeremy Black, upon discovering that he was trapped in the game, quickly sought to gather those that could help him beat the game to free everyone. Though that was not his only objective. He understood that many of the other players would not be up for the hardship that they would face as most MMOs were not kind to "Casual Players". Having experience with MMO's before, he tried to organize a small army in order to maximize players chances of survival, and getting everyone out. Including training up those that were not as MMO Savvy. Sadly it did not go as planned. Infighting, Backstabbing, and outside interference caused the group to collapse from the inside. Leaving only Jeremy pretty much to fend for himself in an Ambush in the lower floors that he barely escaped out alive. Jeremy still wants to help people, and free everyone from the Game. However, he is aware enough that he can't do it on his own.

Powers/Equipment – As a Rider, Jeremy has a "Mount" derived from the Macross universe. A VF-25S "Messiah". While he may not have much in the way of super powers. His "Mount" more than makes up for this with its supplemental equipment. He has access to a Super pack, An Armor Pack, and A "Tornado Pack"

Strengths – There is hints that Jeremy Black may have/is currently a Fighter Pilot in real life as he understands military tactics involving Aircraft, Calm in a crisis, Music (Upon hearing certain genre's of music can boost Jeremy's abilites for the duration of the song, particular if sung by an popular Idol

Weaknesses – A bit awkward around the Ladies, Can get in over his head at times/Tries to take on more than he can chew, a bit on the lazy side, Pineapple Salad (Macross fans will get this. :P)

Mac84

One idea I had was that every so many floors, There is a "Safe Floor/town" where Players don't have to worry about getting attacked, at least by in game elements, and can restock without having to go all the way back down to the first floor.

Though the higher you go up the Floors, the further and further apart the "Safe Floors" Become.

Like the first floor is safe, and is the "Beginning" town for the Adventures. Kinda think like Konasuba. Then the next safe floor would be the Fifth Floor. Then the next Safe floor may be the 13th.

Each Safe Floor could be a Town that is reflective of a specific Anime. Maybe it is a hint to what the next floor is. Perhaps it is an extension of the previous floor.

The Safe Floors are connected via transport Pads that can send Players between the safe Floors for various reasons. However, A safe floor must be "Discovered" by a player first, and that player must activate the transport pad. Otherwise other players cant transport to that safe floor.

Each Safe Floor is populated by NPCs, and NPC Merchants that allow Players to restock on items they need to progress further. As well as "Smith's,", and Armorers" To improve equipment. Yet these items won't be as powerful as Items crafted by Players. Players may also decide to Set up shop in these towns to sell their crafts to other players for the Game's currency. By "PLayer" I'm referring to the generic people trapped in the game rather than actual Players of the Game, us.

WHat does everyone think on of this idea?

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 07, 2017, 01:48:53 AMThe sheet is looking good so far, Mac! I'm actually more excited now because my initial character idea was for a Rider class who borrowed powers from the Gurren Lagaan universe. But this lets me brainstorm a different idea!

Well, if you’re not going to rep the Super Robot Army, someone needs to!

Name - Vandal Black
Anime Origin - Getter Robo
Class - Rider

Appearance
Vandal is a big guy for a pilot, standing 6'7" with a cut physique that would look more at home on a professional wrestler.  Out in the field, he can usually be found wearing a jet black bodysuit with armored segments built into it, designed to put pressure on the body and prevent its pilot from blacking out in high-G maneuvers.  He keeps the sides of his head shaved close, the remaining stripe of his black hair falling forward.  Narrow eyes often make him look pensive or brooding when he's on his own, but when with others he seems more at ease.  In social instances, he wears a racing jacket over more casual clothes.

Personality
Vandal is a boisterous, earnest kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and won’t hesitate to speak his mind.  Rather than cursing his circumstances or wasting energy hating NPC’s, he lays every death directly at Storyteller’s feet, and has every intention of paying him back for every ounce of misery once he’s flushed out of hiding.  Fortunately, Vandal gets along well with most players, seeing them as comrades in arms striving against the same odds.  He trusts quickly, but is slow to let go of a slight, which can get him in trouble as he tends to express himself physically.

Of course, his expressiveness means that he has a lousy poker face.  People who’ve grouped with him before have noticed that he’s kind of awkward with women.  Not flustered, exactly, but more like he’s not sure how to approach them.  It’s made him a favorite target of some female players who delight in watching such a big man squirm.

Background:
The way Vandal tells it, he isn’t much of an anime fan, which makes him a bit of an anomaly among those trapped in Awaken Online.  His friends, however, roped him in to be the third of their Getter Team.  It was a quirk of fortune that allowed him to pick up an early copy, and since he and his friends had intended to share a Mount he decided to go ahead and level it up in preparation for the full launch so they could skip the crowded starting zones.  Now he’s trapped in Aincrad, doing the best he can with only a third of his strength.

Since becoming trapped in Awaken Online, Vandal has mostly been one of the more active players, grinding up trash mobs and acting as an escort for lower leveled characters in exchange for coin.  He’s also spent time Dueling with other players around the back of the starting town, and taking a cut of the gambling money generated as winnings.  Despite his efforts and the meager wealth he’s managed to accrue, he’s spent surprisingly little, getting by on equipment drops and quest rewards.  When asked what he’s saving up for, he says there’s something he needs from the Cash Shop, but the conversion between game currency and real world money is lousy.

In quiet moments, Vandal has been found lying atop the roofs of buildings at night, looking up at the moon and solemnly reaching out to it.  He’s convinced the devs have the Black Getter up there, the only solo-pilot oriented Getter machine, but he hasn’t figured out how to reach it yet.

Powers/Equipment
Mount – Neo Getter Robo:  Designed by Hayato Jin after Getter Ray research was banned by the Japanese Government, Neo Getter Robo uses an alternative plasma-based energy source.  Neo Getter Robo is a fifty meter tall Super Robot comprised of three aircraft that can dock with each other in different configurations to create specialized fighting forms.  Unfortunately for Vandal, he has no copilots, which locks out the “Open Gate” command.  For the time being, he focuses on the land-combat specialist Neo Getter-1, which has the following armaments:
Shoulder Rockets:  An attack for those pesky long distance foes, the Neo Getter-1 leans forward and launches a pair of explosive missiles from its backpack.
Chain Fist:  A twist on an old classic, the Chain Fist is a rocket punch that can be launched out to medium range.  Unlike the Mazinger clan’s iconic attack, however, the Chain Fist has an anchor chair that stretches back to the launching arm.  The pilot of Neo Getter-1 can use this to pull enemies into close range where it excels, or swing the fist around at the end of its chain like a flail as necessary.
Plasma Thunder:  Neo Getter-1’s finishing attack, the mecha reaches overhead and channels lightning between its hands, building up a charge that soon becomes a crackling lightning javelin.  Though it takes a lot of energy, when thrown the Plasma Thunder attack does heavy damage.

Hot Blooded:  A classic for Super Robot Pilots of all stripes, when the pressure’s on the character only gets more fired up!  Parameters increase as HP decreases, allowing for the last-second come backs and clutch saves so often required for saving the world.

Chosen by the Getter Rays:  A passive skill possessed by all Getter pilots.  Already chosen for their exceptional qualities, exposure to Getter Radiation makes the pilots something more than strictly human.  Those who are Chosen by the Getter Rays stats are not as badly reduced as other Riders when away from their Mount, and they can withstand the gravitational forces of extreme acceleration better than normal humans.  This skill is a prerequisite for other Getter Pilot skills such as Hearts Beating As One, Lost to Getter Radiation, and Master the Getter Rays.  It can only be taken by Human characters.

Strengths
Guts!:  Vandal isn’t the sort to back away from a fight, which is exactly why he’s in the party to defeat the 1rst Level Boss.  He’s the kind of person who’d sneer at the gates of hell, the sort who finds a way to fight even when their body is broken, and the type who’ll shoulder impossible odds without complaint.  If he was simply reckless, he’d be dead a hundred times over by now, no, it’s just that his grit allows him to press on where most would falter.
In Sync:  Vandal hasn’t got much of a head for tactics, but he’s no lone wolf either.  He didn’t pick a Getter character for nothing, he has a good sense of his partners’ needs on the battlefield.  Whether it’s guarding a blind spot or creating an opening in an enemy’s defenses, Vandal is at his best when fighting with a team.
Powerhouse:  The Getter Robo isn’t just for show, its massive size allows it to strike with incredible force, staggering foes and crushing armor with each blow.  This creates a kind of “soft control”, making it difficult for enemies to counter-attack when in close, which is necessary as the Neo Getter Robo isn’t particularly tough.  Sustained ranged attacks are easily the Neo Getter-1’s biggest weakness.

Weaknesses
Stubborn:  Of course, the other side of Vandal’s guts is that sometimes he doesn’t withdraw when he really should.  He doesn’t fight with his head so much as he follows his feelings without regret, and it can be difficult to sway him once he’s set on a course.
Not At All Subtle :  It’s not particularly surprising for someone who’d gravitate towards a giant robot, but Vandal hasn’t got much patience for doing things the sneaky, crafty way.  He tends to state his opinion at full volume, and prefers a head-on battle when there’s even a chance for victory.
Can’t Fully Utilize his Spec:  The Getter talent tree has always been one focused on Combination and working in concert with a team.  Vandal was the only one of his friends to receive an advance copy of Awaken Online, and as such he’s operating without his wingmen.  He either needs to link up with some other pilots to get the most out of his unit, find some NPC’s to fill out the role, or work out some other combination that he can exploit before he’ll be able to get the most out of his build.

Mac84

HEY GUNMETAL!

It's great to see you again. XD

and you're using Messer from Macross Delta!

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Steir on December 08, 2017, 07:44:24 AM
Hold on then, this may confuse you.

:3c

Well that was epic

I could probably see that character either fitting in to Caster, Berserker or Saber. Obviously has powerful magic abilities, incredible brute strength and is a solid melee fighter.

If I was to create her as a NPC in the game, and you met her later and asked “Hey, what class are you?” She would probably say that she was some special high level Advanced Class that utilized components from all three.

This brings up a important note! For the most part not all canon anime characters will fit nicely in to one class or another. The probably have powers that span across multiple different classes. Sometimes if you are truly wanting to adopt the exact power set of that canon anime character, when your character gets stronger you may end up needing to pursue a Advanced Class.

Example!! I love examples. Let’s say I wanted to mimic Naruto’s power set 100%. Well Assassin seems like the obvious starting class for that character. But what about summoning the giant 9 tail fox? Or taking on his Sage Form and wrecking shop? Neither of those seem like powers that an Assassin Class should be good at.

You are correct! Eventually you will hit a point where in order to get more powers, and more powerful abilities you will need to adopt a Advanced Class. I don’t have a set list of Advanced Classes, theoretically there could be thousands. They are just meant to help you unlock more potential abilities.

In this case with Naruto you would need to pick up the Advanced Class “Hokage” or “Chunnin” or something along those lines, whatever we decide to call it.

It is also worth noting that some Advanced Classes will have prerequisite’s. Sometimes you may need to complete a quest, be a certain class, or have your abilities and fighting style already be themed in a certain direction.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Mac84 on December 08, 2017, 09:13:30 AM
One idea I had was that every so many floors, There is a "Safe Floor/town" where Players don't have to worry about getting attacked, at least by in game elements, and can restock without having to go all the way back down to the first floor.

Though the higher you go up the Floors, the further and further apart the "Safe Floors" Become.

Like the first floor is safe, and is the "Beginning" town for the Adventures. Kinda think like Konasuba. Then the next safe floor would be the Fifth Floor. Then the next Safe floor may be the 13th.

Each Safe Floor could be a Town that is reflective of a specific Anime. Maybe it is a hint to what the next floor is. Perhaps it is an extension of the previous floor.

The Safe Floors are connected via transport Pads that can send Players between the safe Floors for various reasons. However, A safe floor must be "Discovered" by a player first, and that player must activate the transport pad. Otherwise other players cant transport to that safe floor.

Each Safe Floor is populated by NPCs, and NPC Merchants that allow Players to restock on items they need to progress further. As well as "Smith's,", and Armorers" To improve equipment. Yet these items won't be as powerful as Items crafted by Players. Players may also decide to Set up shop in these towns to sell their crafts to other players for the Game's currency. By "PLayer" I'm referring to the generic people trapped in the game rather than actual Players of the Game, us.

WHat does everyone think on of this idea?

I like the idea, Mac! Regular floors will probably have designated “safe zones” where players can rest and restock on supplies without fear of being attacked (probably). But having specific floors that can act as the HUB for player housing, crafting, season events, etc. would make things a lot more organized.

Since every 10th floor is going to be a Mega-Floor, significantly harder than all the floors which came before it, it would make sense that the 9th floor was always this Safe Floor. Encouraging players to just stay put and never proceed on.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Mac84 on December 08, 2017, 08:59:31 AM
Finalized Character Sheet! XD

I opted to go with the Macross Verse as I'm far more familiar with it than Gundam. And I think the Valkyries are just a bit more versatile than a Mobile suit. Though the Gouf Custom is still one of the most badass Mobile suits! As demonstrated here

Rider

Appearance/Style Description – Jeremy's personal style is is more relaxed and ultiliarian as he is expected to take care of his mount. Though when he is piloting, he has a special suit he wears to negate the effects of inertia, and G-Forces that would normally crush a human body by the tremendous maneuverability of the VF-25S, particularly when he has one of the Supplemental Packs attached. Jeremy's body type can be described as barrel chested. His face with about a months worth of beard growth.

Personality – Is a friendly person that likes to help others, and often throws himself into danger to protect those around him. Works well with a team. Enjoys various types of music, often lounging on the wing of his Mount with a the Radio playing custom play lists from the Macross Franchise.

Backstory – The Player known as Jeremy Black, upon discovering that he was trapped in the game, quickly sought to gather those that could help him beat the game to free everyone. Though that was not his only objective. He understood that many of the other players would not be up for the hardship that they would face as most MMOs were not kind to "Casual Players". Having experience with MMO's before, he tried to organize a small army in order to maximize players chances of survival, and getting everyone out. Including training up those that were not as MMO Savvy. Sadly it did not go as planned. Infighting, Backstabbing, and outside interference caused the group to collapse from the inside. Leaving only Jeremy pretty much to fend for himself in an Ambush in the lower floors that he barely escaped out alive. Jeremy still wants to help people, and free everyone from the Game. However, he is aware enough that he can't do it on his own.

Powers/Equipment – As a Rider, Jeremy has a "Mount" derived from the Macross universe. A VF-25S "Messiah". While he may not have much in the way of super powers. His "Mount" more than makes up for this with its supplemental equipment. He has access to a Super pack, An Armor Pack, and A "Tornado Pack"

Strengths – There is hints that Jeremy Black may have/is currently a Fighter Pilot in real life as he understands military tactics involving Aircraft, Calm in a crisis, Music (Upon hearing certain genre's of music can boost Jeremy's abilites for the duration of the song, particular if sung by an popular Idol

Weaknesses – A bit awkward around the Ladies, Can get in over his head at times/Tries to take on more than he can chew, a bit on the lazy side, Pineapple Salad (Macross fans will get this. :P)

Your sheet looks good Mac! I have one reminder:

Since your mech will be shooting missles and machine guns and whatnot, just a friendly reminder not to be surprised when it is as effective as another player who (without having a mech) only fires a revolver at the enemy.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 08, 2017, 11:57:24 AM
Well, if you’re not going to rep the Super Robot Army, someone needs to!

Name - Vandal Black
Anime Origin - Getter Robo
Class - Rider

Appearance
Vandal is a big guy for a pilot, standing 6'7" with a cut physique that would look more at home on a professional wrestler.  Out in the field, he can usually be found wearing a jet black bodysuit with armored segments built into it, designed to put pressure on the body and prevent its pilot from blacking out in high-G maneuvers.  He keeps the sides of his head shaved close, the remaining stripe of his black hair falling forward.  Narrow eyes often make him look pensive or brooding when he's on his own, but when with others he seems more at ease.  In social instances, he wears a racing jacket over more casual clothes.

Personality
Vandal is a boisterous, earnest kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and won’t hesitate to speak his mind.  Rather than cursing his circumstances or wasting energy hating NPC’s, he lays every death directly at Storyteller’s feet, and has every intention of paying him back for every ounce of misery once he’s flushed out of hiding.  Fortunately, Vandal gets along well with most players, seeing them as comrades in arms striving against the same odds.  He trusts quickly, but is slow to let go of a slight, which can get him in trouble as he tends to express himself physically.

Of course, his expressiveness means that he has a lousy poker face.  People who’ve grouped with him before have noticed that he’s kind of awkward with women.  Not flustered, exactly, but more like he’s not sure how to approach them.  It’s made him a favorite target of some female players who delight in watching such a big man squirm.

Background:
The way Vandal tells it, he isn’t much of an anime fan, which makes him a bit of an anomaly among those trapped in Awaken Online.  His friends, however, roped him in to be the third of their Getter Team.  It was a quirk of fortune that allowed him to pick up an early copy, and since he and his friends had intended to share a Mount he decided to go ahead and level it up in preparation for the full launch so they could skip the crowded starting zones.  Now he’s trapped in Aincrad, doing the best he can with only a third of his strength.

Since becoming trapped in Awaken Online, Vandal has mostly been one of the more active players, grinding up trash mobs and acting as an escort for lower leveled characters in exchange for coin.  He’s also spent time Dueling with other players around the back of the starting town, and taking a cut of the gambling money generated as winnings.  Despite his efforts and the meager wealth he’s managed to accrue, he’s spent surprisingly little, getting by on equipment drops and quest rewards.  When asked what he’s saving up for, he says there’s something he needs from the Cash Shop, but the conversion between game currency and real world money is lousy.

In quiet moments, Vandal has been found lying atop the roofs of buildings at night, looking up at the moon and solemnly reaching out to it.  He’s convinced the devs have the Black Getter up there, the only solo-pilot oriented Getter machine, but he hasn’t figured out how to reach it yet.

Powers/Equipment
Mount – Neo Getter Robo:  Designed by Hayato Jin after Getter Ray research was banned by the Japanese Government, Neo Getter Robo uses an alternative plasma-based energy source.  Neo Getter Robo is a fifty meter tall Super Robot comprised of three aircraft that can dock with each other in different configurations to create specialized fighting forms.  Unfortunately for Vandal, he has no copilots, which locks out the “Open Gate” command.  For the time being, he focuses on the land-combat specialist Neo Getter-1, which has the following armaments:
Shoulder Rockets:  An attack for those pesky long distance foes, the Neo Getter-1 leans forward and launches a pair of explosive missiles from its backpack.
Chain Fist:  A twist on an old classic, the Chain Fist is a rocket punch that can be launched out to medium range.  Unlike the Mazinger clan’s iconic attack, however, the Chain Fist has an anchor chair that stretches back to the launching arm.  The pilot of Neo Getter-1 can use this to pull enemies into close range where it excels, or swing the fist around at the end of its chain like a flail as necessary.
Plasma Thunder:  Neo Getter-1’s finishing attack, the mecha reaches overhead and channels lightning between its hands, building up a charge that soon becomes a crackling lightning javelin.  Though it takes a lot of energy, when thrown the Plasma Thunder attack does heavy damage.

Hot Blooded:  A classic for Super Robot Pilots of all stripes, when the pressure’s on the character only gets more fired up!  Parameters increase as HP decreases, allowing for the last-second come backs and clutch saves so often required for saving the world.

Chosen by the Getter Rays:  A passive skill possessed by all Getter pilots.  Already chosen for their exceptional qualities, exposure to Getter Radiation makes the pilots something more than strictly human.  Those who are Chosen by the Getter Rays stats are not as badly reduced as other Riders when away from their Mount, and they can withstand the gravitational forces of extreme acceleration better than normal humans.  This skill is a prerequisite for other Getter Pilot skills such as Hearts Beating As One, Lost to Getter Radiation, and Master the Getter Rays.  It can only be taken by Human characters.

Strengths
Guts!:  Vandal isn’t the sort to back away from a fight, which is exactly why he’s in the party to defeat the 1rst Level Boss.  He’s the kind of person who’d sneer at the gates of hell, the sort who finds a way to fight even when their body is broken, and the type who’ll shoulder impossible odds without complaint.  If he was simply reckless, he’d be dead a hundred times over by now, no, it’s just that his grit allows him to press on where most would falter.
In Sync:  Vandal hasn’t got much of a head for tactics, but he’s no lone wolf either.  He didn’t pick a Getter character for nothing, he has a good sense of his partners’ needs on the battlefield.  Whether it’s guarding a blind spot or creating an opening in an enemy’s defenses, Vandal is at his best when fighting with a team.
Powerhouse:  The Getter Robo isn’t just for show, its massive size allows it to strike with incredible force, staggering foes and crushing armor with each blow.  This creates a kind of “soft control”, making it difficult for enemies to counter-attack when in close, which is necessary as the Neo Getter Robo isn’t particularly tough.  Sustained ranged attacks are easily the Neo Getter-1’s biggest weakness.

Weaknesses
Stubborn:  Of course, the other side of Vandal’s guts is that sometimes he doesn’t withdraw when he really should.  He doesn’t fight with his head so much as he follows his feelings without regret, and it can be difficult to sway him once he’s set on a course.
Not At All Subtle :  It’s not particularly surprising for someone who’d gravitate towards a giant robot, but Vandal hasn’t got much patience for doing things the sneaky, crafty way.  He tends to state his opinion at full volume, and prefers a head-on battle when there’s even a chance for victory.
Can’t Fully Utilize his Spec:  The Getter talent tree has always been one focused on Combination and working in concert with a team.  Vandal was the only one of his friends to receive an advance copy of Awaken Online, and as such he’s operating without his wingmen.  He either needs to link up with some other pilots to get the most out of his unit, find some NPC’s to fill out the role, or work out some other combination that he can exploit before he’ll be able to get the most out of his build.

Your sheet looks great as well, Gunmetal! A few questions:

1. Are your character and Mac’s character related? Or is the fact that you both have the same last name just a coincidence? Is he the ‘other pilot’ you reference in your sheet?

2. Who is the other pilot you reference being part of your team? Is that going to be another player, or a NPC that you plan to interact with off screen?

3. This is a question for you as well Mac. Since your mechs are quite large they would have the obvious weakness of not being able to be used while inside of cramped spaces or buildings (assuming the building can’t be blown open). Since you two are the only ones so far who have giant mechs, do you want to make them much smaller than they appear in their anime’s (say 2 stories tall or so) so that you don’t have to deal with this problem? Or would you rather keep their original full size. I don’t think this whole “fighting in a closed space” will be a problem often, but it will come up here and there.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on December 08, 2017, 01:51:38 AM

Name – Akiko Yukiji
Anime Origin – Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Class - Assassin

– (WIP, Imma have to draw these)

Appearance/Style Description – Akiko has bold features, and tends to dress rather loudly in a sort of neo-hippy aesthetic, complete with a few old bits of jewelry like large, heart shaped earrings, some bangles, and a broach with the figure of a white dove against a psychedelic background.  She also carries a large pair of leopard printed headphones.  Underneath this exterior, she wears a pair of black tights stitched skillfully with non-lustrous metal, and keeps a black mask and cowl tucked under her shirt.  In effect, she can drop the hippy garb and go ninja in needed.

While Akiko is professional, astute and a bit reclusive normally, she has a more ostentatious demeanor that seems to come out whenever Pour Some Sugar is active, prompting her to pose flamboyantly. 

Personality – While Akiko is fairly straightforward and personable in a professional setting, she's actually a bit reclusive.  She enjoys history, collecting old objects like coins, and generally keeps to herself.  This isn't to say that she's shy, but that she simply doesn't seem to have much patience for people, preferring to nip drama in the bud by simply doing things herself.  Video games were simply another part of this.

She seems to have a second layer, however, which is more flamboyant and fun loving.  This seems to be related to when her Stand, Pour Some Sugar, is active.  It may be that this is her true self, or it may be a side effect of picking a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Character.

Backstory – Being trapped in the world here has been relatively easy for her, due to the utility of her skill-set.   She's made a good business for herself as an appraiser and antique salesman, able to identify strange items even better than some of the local lore-mongers.  And she's even made a bit of a reputation for herself as someone who can find leads in quests, making her valuable as a party member.  All of this has allowed her to continue a professional, privately reclusive life-style with some measure of success.  Of course, this has come with a few problems, such as getting stuck with useless or nigh suicidal parties, getting into trouble when payment for her services is due, and the fact that she misses her collections in the real world.

Powers/Equipment – Akiko makes quite a living as an item appraiser, but she has no compunctions about being a little dishonest when she finds something that could be truly valuable to her.  As such, she's managed to get her hands on some suitably sneaky light armor, a powerful pair of blades, and a very accurate, silent ranged weapon.

Special Abilities - Stand User

All of Akiko's special abilities come from her status as a Stand User, or a being capable of projecting a spiritual manifestation of their will and psyche that draws out special abilities.  Her Stand's name is Pour Some Sugar. 

1) Pour Some Sugar allows her to talk to / listen to any man-made object.  The older an object is, the more coherent and vibrant that object is when communicating.  The drawback is that this power is always on, which sometimes is extremely annoying.  She's taken steps to muffle the noise.

2) Pour Some Sugar allows her to sometimes persuade man-made objects to act in usual ways.  For example, asking a dented suit of armor to repair itself, or asking an enemy sword not to hit her.  Again, the older an object is, the more likely she'll be able to persuade it.  She's never successfully persuaded anything that was 'younger' than 3 years old.

3) Pour Some Sugar is able to manifest itself as a lithe, floating humanoid shade.  It is capable of attacking enemies within a 30 foot range, primarily using its fists and legs.  Any damage Pour Some Sugar suffers is damage that Akiko herself suffers, as the two bodies are perfectly linked in that regard.  However, Pour Some Sugar is capable of moving silently, grasping weapons, scouting an area, and vanishing on command when she has line-of-sight.  It makes her a hell of an Assassin.  Sadly, Pour Some Sugar's range is pretty short, and the Stand itself cannot talk to or listen to objects while away from her.

Strengths –
1) Professional: Akiko gets the job done.  She has little patience for people that muck up the works with silly mistakes, and would much rather do a job alone and with precision, where possible.
2) Historian: Akiko knows things.  In fact, it's because she loves knowing things about the past so much that allows her to do what she does.  She often is surprisingly well informed, and has a good memory for such things.
3) Bold: When Pour Some Sugar is out, Akiko is courageous, bold, and flamboyant.  It often has the right effect on the right people.

Weaknesses –
1) Reclusive: Akiko prefers the company of objects to people.  She has little patience with humanity, and gets snippy and even petty sometimes if people don't at least do what they are supposed to do.
2) Drown Out The Noise: The fact that objects are always talking forces her to listen to music to distract herself, or go into natural settings where there are no man-made objects to get away from it.  Conversely, she is more comfortable in a room with antiques than anywhere else.
3) Loves Body Builders: Perhaps she even chose Jojo because she likes ripped men in loud, nigh-erotic poses.  But she can't help having a weakness for muscle heads in hot positions.
4) Assassin Class: Akiko is useful in a party, but she's not going to break any records in a fight.

Your sheet is good to go Presta! Since you picked up a Strength which implies you know things others probably don’t feel free to ping me if you want to get some by of information you can use in character to utilize this power. For instance, locations on the floor for good resource gathering, rumors about who the boss might be, potental item locations, etc.
- scribus1000

Mac84

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 08, 2017, 01:04:17 PM
I like the idea, Mac! Regular floors will probably have designated “safe zones” where players can rest and restock on supplies without fear of being attacked (probably). But having specific floors that can act as the HUB for player housing, crafting, season events, etc. would make things a lot more organized.

Since every 10th floor is going to be a Mega-Floor, significantly harder than all the floors which came before it, it would make sense that the 9th floor was always this Safe Floor. Encouraging players to just stay put and never proceed on.

I'm glad I was able to help in any way LH ;D 

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 08, 2017, 01:11:53 PM
Since your mech will be shooting missiles and machine guns and whatnot, just a friendly reminder not to be surprised when it is as effective as another player who (without having a mech) only fires a revolver at the enemy.

Hmmm, I can most certainly understand the logic behind that but that does kinda put a damper on being a "Rider" Class. May have to reconsider the character all together. I would like to play something that would prove to be useful to the group as a whole, and not simply something that is more flash than substance.

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 08, 2017, 01:21:20 PM
3. This is a question for you as well Mac. Since your mechs are quite large they would have the obvious weakness of not being able to be used while inside of cramped spaces or buildings (assuming the building can’t be blown open). Since you two are the only ones so far who have giant mechs, do you want to make them much smaller than they appear in their anime’s (say 2 stories tall or so) so that you don’t have to deal with this problem? Or would you rather keep their original full size. I don’t think this whole “fighting in a closed space” will be a problem often, but it will come up here and there.

The VF-25S battroid mode only stands about 16 meters tall so it is already 3-4 stories tall tops. and shrinking the mecha down to two stories, essentially making it a Chibi version of itself, would also diminish the attractiveness of playing the character as well. Though the Intermediate configuration would be roughly be about 7-9 meters call. Possibly keeping it under the two story Max height for "Confined spaces."

BruceTheCat

QuoteHmmm, I can most certainly understand the logic behind that but that does kinda put a damper on being a "Rider" Class. May have to reconsider the character all together. I would like to play something that would prove to be useful to the group as a whole, and not simply something that is more flash than substance.

Let me rephrase the note. The Rider class is generally more powerful than the other classes given the space requirements to use them and that you could be caught without them. But they will not be far more powerful than the other classes. Obviously in RL a missle shot from a mech is going to do far more damage then a revolver. But if a player wants to play a Naruto character or Trigun and chooses to make themselves a Archer, effectively having someone who uses Kunai or a revolver as their primary weapon, the effect that their attacks have on a enemy will be similar to yours. This is to keep things balanced so that people who pick inherently higher power level anime’s stay on the same plane of combat prowess as those who pick a lower power scale anime (like Black Lagoon, or Cowboy Bebop)
- scribus1000

PrestaDGTation

Just my two cents.

I agree that characters should be balanced. But I think balancing them against the kind of weapon they are using is a good idea. That being, as an example, that a giant robot that throws a kunai won't be vastly different than a person throwing one. By the same case, a person carrying a half ton minigun will have similar damage output to a giant robot with the same gear. Meaning that mechs, who on the whole use much larger weapons, will still be evened out despite their increased payload.

This forces a bit of skill into the RP as well, since a savvy bastard like Spike Speigle will start shooting off your heavy weapons and using them on you.  It also may add a bit of an advantage to using actual ammo, as opposed to beam / laser weapons, since the difference between energy outputs is all scaled evenly.

Maybe just spit balling, but my point is that I kind of lean towards Mac on this one. Yes to power balancing. But if a giant robot isnt any better in a fight than a street thug with a glock, then everyone will be picking weird crap like I did! xD