News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

A very dangerous website. Almost as dangerous as Kickstarter.org... >.>
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Yukina

HairyHeretic

It's a site where you can get RPG gamebooks in PDF format, normally for about half the price of a regular print edition.

There's also Drivethrufiction and drivethrucomics, which do novels and comics respectively.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dhi

I spent sooo much money at Drivethrurpg during 3rd Edition D&D. Moving to 4E sure helped to break that habit, because what little third party support was there to begin with was absolutely killed when the electronic tools did not support it.

Callie Del Noire

Blythe

*peeks in here* I finally got pulled into the MLP:FIM thing. Did not think I was going to like it nearly as much as I did. But I did end up really enjoying it. ^^

This has resulted in me just haunting Youtube for vids I like. I found this, and I can't wait for the person who posted it to finish animating it (the song is really pretty, and my apologies if someone posted it already):

Lullaby for a princess

Arohk

I can definitely relate, Blythe! I was the same way a while ago.

And I am glad to see someone else appreciates that song. Some of the music that is produced from the fandom is really awesome. I actually have never seen the animation for it- I just listened to the song before. One of my favorites. :D Glad you posted it!

45dragoons

what song are you two talking about??  hello i am new here. but been a fan of mlp for a little bit started watching during the 2nd season. like it becuase its better then what gets put on tv thesedays.
I am looking for beta testers for my fourm  http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/  its midevil/steampunk with depth character creation and uses dice system much like D&D for random events input and willing helpers are gladly welcomed

(Ons Offs- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187141.0

Oniya

Quote from: 45dragoons on September 08, 2013, 07:43:47 AM
what song are you two talking about??  hello i am new here. but been a fan of mlp for a little bit started watching during the 2nd season. like it becuase its better then what gets put on tv thesedays.

The one Blythe linked to in his post, I'd assume.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Damnedangel

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Arohk

Yeah, sorry 45dragoons! We were talking about the one Blythe posted. :) And welcome! Nice to see another face in this thread~

I always thought the Children of the Night one was amazingly animated. Some people are so talented.

Blythe

I really liked the Children of the Night video.  :-)

Also, it took me ages to get into MLP for one reason, a reason that does sadden me. I had this awful knee-jerk reaction at first at the show and found it too "girly" for me. This was very wrong of me.

Of course, after being persuaded to watch it, I realized that excellent plot and character development aren't limited; anyone can enjoy good characters and good stories.  ;D

ulthakptah

Florence

The fans just legit scared me off from watching MLP :\

Nothing against anyone on these forums xD Its just... there's some really scary MLP fans out there, and I can't bring myself to watch it without fearing that I'll be like... infected by some brony virus that turns me into one of the scary ravenous fans.

I have no problem with the show being too 'kiddy' or 'girly'. I love Avatar: The Last Airbender, Adventure Time and a ton of other cartoons that are probably meant for kids, and I love Sailor Moon and I'm not ashamed to admit it :U

It's just... those fans. ._.; Not all the fans, of course, just... THOSE fans. The ones who turn 'taking it too seriously' up to eleven, and then just break the dial. Maybe they're not so bad when you're a fan too... but they do sort of present this rather frightening barrier of entry. They make it feel almost like joining a cult xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Damnedangel

Hehe I like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-OF9wZWDs

My friend showed me it when I didn't know what a brony was or any of that stuff and it explained it all in a funny way. (It also has Tara Strong and the guy who voiced discord in it :D)
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Oniya

Every fandom has the subgroup that makes the rest back away slowly.  Even sports teams.  (Although the one from Oakland is my favorite.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Chris Brady

Quote from: Damnedangel on September 28, 2013, 06:37:19 AM

My friend showed me it when I didn't know what a brony was or any of that stuff and it explained it all in a funny way. (It also has Tara Strong and the guy who voiced discord in it :D)
John Delancie.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Damnedangel on September 28, 2013, 06:37:19 AM

That escalated quickly! -giggles-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Sabby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5bubWyRwoA

This makes me want to see Sonic robot versions of the characters >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk2t4tMoap0

Wolfy

Skyguy

Sabby

JadeArwen

Wow, I didn't know that My Little Pony was still on air. I remember when it first came out on tv. Yes, I'm that old.

Dhi

*sends secret decoder ring messages to Jade*

Now inside specially marked boxes of My Little Pony Cereal.

JadeArwen

lol, I so miss gen. one and two. Be leave it or not I did have my little pony toys from when I was little till my hubby got a hold of them and sent them to the goodwill. -growls at him for doing so-