News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Airships and Dragons (Pathfinder)

Started by Autocad, January 09, 2015, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Shipping baron Arano Yuki was dead, at the ripe old age of one hundred and fifteen, leaving behind no children to succeed him, only the multi-planar merchant shipping empire he had built up single-handedly starting from one broke-down second-hand airship bequeathed to him one hundred years ago by an adventurer friend.

The sharks circle the waters, each looking to either commandeer his headless business empire, or to tear off as large a chunk of wealth as possible for themselves. But that is another story for another time.

Towards the end of his long life, Arano visited all the friends and acquaintances he had met during his century of travel one last time, getting to know their children and descendants. At the time most thought it the whim of a childless old man who knew his time was near - which was true, but he was also looking for those worthy to carry on, if not his blood, then his spirit. Four young minds struck him in particular, whose hearts yearned to sail free in the skies above, though their bodies were tied to land or sea by the cruel realities of gold and station.

Now grown up by the time of his death, each of the four were summoned, to number among the many beneficiaries of Arano's last will and testament. They were offered the chance of a lifetime - Arano's very first airship, refitted and refurbished, Yuuki, all theirs if they would perform just one simple task - to take Arano's ashes aboard the ship with them, and deliver his remains to the princess of the White Jade Tower in the Plane of Air, with a magical compass to guide their way. And after that... the skies would be all theirs.

Their maiden voyage would not be easy, though - storms, sky pirates, and worse await them, but in every cloud is a silver lining, and they just might find companionship, friendship, and love.

Airships and Dragons
A Pathfinder adventure in the Plane of Air for 3-4 players with mixed Western and East Asian themes and light-hearted sexual content.

Sail through the Plane of Air! Enjoy the scenic clouds! Explore virgin floating islands no foot has ever touched before! Battle sky pirates - or be the outlaws yourself! Fight or fuck the natives, the choice is yours! Party like it's new year's eve in every port of call! Survive deadly storms! Enjoy more scenic clouds!

Aboard the Yuuki, the adventurers have an initial quest, to deliver Arano's ashes on the Plane of Air, and then they are free to roam as they please in a sandbox adventure - whether continuing to explore the Plane of Air, returning to the Material Plane, or going somewhere else entirely.

Character creation and application

Physical Description

Personality

Background: Characters may come from all walks of life, although all of them should share an intense yearning to take to the skies, and not be tied down to any particular place. Characters may be from almost anywhere on the Material Plane (Arano was a very well traveled man).

Airship role: See the section on the Yuuki below.

Ons and Offs

Character Creation (character sheets are not necessary at the application stage.)
-Starting level: 4 (level ups will occur at DM-determined intervals)
-Allowed races / classes / rulebooks: any official Paizo (no third party)
-Attributes: 20 point buy
-HP: Maximum at first level. Afterwards, Half HD at even levels, and Half HD +1 at odd levels.
-Traits: 2 traits, each of which must be from a different category (combat, magic, faith, etc.)
-Starting wealth: 6000 gp, no single item of which may be worth more than 3000 gp

The Yuuki

The Yuuki serves as the adventurers' vessel throughout the adventurer. Relatively small and the aerial equivalent to a sea-faring yacht, she is air-worthy and capable of dancing rings around larger, slower ships. Her size allows her to be piloted by a single crew member in a pinch, although her optimal crew size is four:

The Captain: A high social skill (Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate) skill is crucial for commanding the crew and urging them to greater levels of competence, with the Captain's style of leadership determined by the skill used.

The Helms(wo)man: Profession (sailor) is crucial for handling Yuuki properly.

The Engineer: At least one of Craft (Alchemy), Spellcraft or Use Magic Device is necessary for maintaining and repairing Yuuki's engines, which power the propellers that propel her through the air.

The Gunner: Either a sharpshooter, siege weapon operator, or a living magi-cannon, the Gunner is primarily responsible for air-to-air combat and supporting the rest of the crew.

Interdiction of words

I would like to post my interest and will get a idea up soon
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Florence

I'd be interested in playing the role of the living magic cannon 8D

Edit: Perhaps a kitsune sorceress to fit the asiany theme?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Inerrant Lust

A fellow OOTS fan!

Behold... THE PARAGON BADGER!

I haven't been to that forum in a long time, though... Still! Consider me interested in this. As for the character? Not sure yet... Perhaps the captain, a dashing debonair swashbuckler... male or female, not sure... The helmsman/woman.. I am reminded of an NPC I played in a homebrew setting that was very much like this- she was essentially a gender-swapped Indiana Jones (though she was motivated by greed more than preservation of historical artifacts) while something of a mad scientist girl comes to mind for an engineer...

Florence

My sorceress will, obviously, be female... or maybe... a hermaphrodite if that's allowed. I love playing Kitsune that way due to their traditional association with gender fuckery xD

I'm not entirely 100% on that though, might just make her female either way. Maybe I'll wait and see what other player characters are into before deciding :P

If its even allowed to begin with, of course.

Edit: And I'm thinking Oni Bloodline.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Revelation

I think i'd be interested in this! Probably playing either the helmsman or the engineer. An alchemist seems like an obvious fit for the engineer, while a slayer could be kind of fun if we need some muscle for the group. I'd probably play a human/male (Vanilla, I know! but I like that flavor), but either way, the character would be one who values the freedom of the skies and exploration, with a desire to do some heroics and doing goodisms, within reason. The plane of air can be a bit hostile.

Also Iku is better than Tenshi

TheGlyphstone

Any chance you'd make an exception to the 3PP restriction and allow Tome of BattlePath of War stuff from Dreamscarred Press? The Warlord is a Cha-favoring melee class that throws around party buffs like candy, which would work real good for the Captain role and bring some high-HP beef onto the front line.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest for captain position, a male aasimar bard.

Autocad

Quote from: Florence on January 09, 2015, 10:50:35 PM
My sorceress will, obviously, be female... or maybe... a hermaphrodite if that's allowed. I love playing Kitsune that way due to their traditional association with gender fuckery xD

I'm not entirely 100% on that though, might just make her female either way. Maybe I'll wait and see what other player characters are into before deciding :P

If its even allowed to begin with, of course.

Edit: And I'm thinking Oni Bloodline.

Bonus points if she has not only multiple tails, but multiple... rods of splendor down there.

Quote from: Changingsaint on January 09, 2015, 11:55:20 PM
Also Iku is better than Tenshi

OUT.

j/k  :P

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 10, 2015, 02:10:50 AM
Any chance you'd make an exception to the 3PP restriction and allow Tome of BattlePath of War stuff from Dreamscarred Press? The Warlord is a Cha-favoring melee class that throws around party buffs like candy, which would work real good for the Captain role and bring some high-HP beef onto the front line.

It'll depend on the rest of the party: if you're surrounded by three full casters, then it's probably fine, but if there are Paizo official martials, then probably not.

Here's the list of people who have expressed interest so far:

Interdiction of words (?)
Florence (kitsune sorceress, gunner)
Inerrant Lust (?)
Changingsaint (helmsman or engineer)
TheGlyphstone (warlord, captain)
Zaer Darkwail (aasimar bard, captain)

Florence

Quote from: Autocad on January 10, 2015, 11:33:42 AM
Bonus points if she has not only multiple tails, but multiple... rods of splendor down there.

OUT.

j/k  :P

It'll depend on the rest of the party: if you're surrounded by three full casters, then it's probably fine, but if there are Paizo official martials, then probably not.

Here's the list of people who have expressed interest so far:

Inerrant Lust (?)
Changingsaint (helmsman or engineer)

... as much as the innuendo nearly killed me, I have to pass on that not being really my thing :P One rod is plenty for me.

Also, decided on a name 8D Akane.

Revelation

Since I think i'm alread use to playing lotsa martials, I think i'm going to go ahead and take the engineering slot as an Alchemist. I'm not quite sure how i'll be building one - grenadier type seems fun, thoug i'm also sure if I really wanted to, there could be lotsa fun 'uses' for potions and extracts which could be a waste to neglect! But i'll eventually work out what I want to do and get a proper character up later today.

Muse

Wow, looks like I'm too late all ready, figures.

If you'd benefit from a cleric of Desna (or maybe an Oracle of the Heavens) let me know. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Autocad on January 10, 2015, 11:33:42 AM

I will hold out hope, then. I love DSP material, and consider it as or sometimes better balanced than Paizo official stuff - they were better at balancing 3.5 material than WotC too. Plus, Martial Techniques are already heavily wuxia-inspired and will easily adapt to an Asian-themed setting.

Foxfyr

I've got a catfolk brawler/rogue that could make for a good helmsman from the looks of things.  I'll likely have a character concept sometime early tomorrow.  :D

Latooni Subota

omg, a game run by Autocad? i am SO in. I'll get an application done tomorrow (or tonight if I get time to) :D
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

rikka

Quote from: Muse on January 10, 2015, 12:00:11 PM
  Wow, looks like I'm too late all ready, figures.

If you'd benefit from a cleric of Desna (or maybe an Oracle of the Heavens) let me know.

Just try your luck, and make an application. Who knows, your character might make the cut?

As for me, tentative interest if I could cook up something interesting.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Chulanowa

Interested as well; jut gotta squeeze some time to throw out a concept.

Revelation

Here we go, submitting my character. No sheet, but I hope he's good.

Name: Mikhail Volkov

Description: A man of above average height and in his twenties, Mikhail sports brown hair, a fair complexion, and green eyes with freckles dotting the bridge of his nose. He looks at things inquisitively and curiously at times, and as for clothes he prefers long coats or cloaks that might allow him easier use of the alchemical items he crafts and creates. (Picture TBD)

Personality: Good natured, friendly, and open – Mikhail has a yearning for freedom and the open skies. While a good man in general and one who has convictions to help others, he is not ‘soft’ when it comes to fighting his foes. A competitive drive for his craftsmanship compels him in both his work aboard the ship and should he find himself in battle, a place where he seems eager to test out his works whether they be to help his allies or burn his foes in alchemical flame. Surprisingly, he also enjoys cooking.

Background: In the city of Belgorond, the Volkov family name is a well respected one... For the most part. Born the middle child of his parents, Mikhail’s parents had the magical blood of sorcery flowing through them, and they hoped to produce a strong line of innately powerful children. Their eldest child was lucky, a daughter who received the gift of magic at an early age and could be trained. Mikhail was different – each year they would test him for magic, see where his aptitude laid. And every year was a disappointment to his family, as it seemed he lacked the gift of magic whatsoever. Not one to dwell on failure, they would have another child, yet another girl which left Mikhail as the only one without magic.

Or so it seemed. Mikhail was smart, he was clever in ways that were surprising. Being ‘cast aside’ out of the tutoring of his parents allowed him time to read, time to study, and time to work as he got older. Perhaps one of the few who noticed Mikhails craftsmanship was the elderly Arano, a good friend and once companion of Mikhails father before the sorcerer retired to raise his family. A potion here, crafting smokesticks out of basic materials there, and each further accidental success became less and less accidental. Perhaps the most... surprising creation led to the discovery of Mikhails true potential – potions that only he could truly imbibe and use, which could either change his body or be used to unlock the faint magic he held within himself. Where he was once treated as a weak link in the family, he had found a distant other and father becoming very supportive of his talents, furthering his learning.

And yet, a lingering resentment was left by the family who had saw him as ‘lesser’. He sought to outdo his family, to break away from them – to not be seen as a weak link made ‘proper’, but as his own man. There was ambition and drive within him that drove him into pursuing his reckless crafts and arts, and that further drew the attention of the odd elder man who visited his family every so often. While he seemed interested in both of the other children, it was the drive and unyielding nature of Mikhail that made Arano most interested in him. Eventually, Mikhail was an adult, twenty five summers old, and feeling as if he was still third rate in his parents eyes compared to their daughters.

But yet, his life would take a turn for the different as he found himself the recipient of a letter. Arano had died, and Mikhail was named a successor...

Airship role: With his focus on knowledge, crafts, and alchemic creations Mikhial would make an excellent engineer.

Ons/offs: I have my topic and my ons/offs page on my profile, but I can give a summary here. Mikhail is a straight male, interested in the ladies. I tend to play slightly more dominant characters, but I also don’t look to play D/S heavily with Mikhail or anything. I guess some slightly rougher stuff (Physical stuff is awesome!), and maybe light bondage – plenty of buxom ladies in skimpy attire is also great. I dunno, there's definitely more I could discuss.

Latooni Subota

Halfling Summoner Helmswoman incoming sometime tonight or tomorrow!

Bonnie Lass, Halfling Summoner

Physical Description:  Bonnie Lass is a young Halfling woman, standing at around 3’2” (Reasonably tall for a Halfling), with a fairly lightly muscled build and faintly tanned. She is a fairly buxom young woman, preferring clothes that are a more upscale version of peasant dresses combined with silks or leathers, and always using a good pair of knee-high leather boots built to survive harsh treatment (and with an extra inch of heel). Her ears are pointed with several earrings in each, and her eyes are a light hazel color. She has a faint smattering of freckles over her nose, across the tops of her breasts, shoulders, and the small of her back. Her most striking feature is her GLORIOUS hair, a wild mess of wavy curls in a deep chestnut color, reaching down to her firm bottom when dry and down below her knees when wet.

Personality:  Bonnie Lass, despite not being particularly strong, is a foul-mouthed sailor from the Shackles who MAY or MAY NOT have been a pirate at some point. While generally good-natured and somewhat moral, her penchant for insulting people tends to alienate those that don’t understands that it’s all in good fun. She’s a fiercely loyal woman with a love of rum and fine jewelry, and an innate understanding at ships, the weather, and geography in general. She’s absolutely NOT afraid to brag about her good sides, and admit to her faults, though the latter tends to end in scowls and cursing. Still, if you can earn her friendship you have a friend for life, always willing to put her neck on the line.

Background: Bonnie Lass was born and raised in the Shackles on Golarion, witnessing and experiencing all sides of the pirating life from an early age. She grew up with the pickpockets and prostitutes, learning their tricks and how to survive on the streets before eventually stowing away in her first ship. The merchant vessel kept her on as a deckswab, mainly due to her willingness to learn and lower need for rations, resulting in her learning more than a few tricks to the sailing trade. When her ship was eventually captured by pirates, she bargained for the life of herself and her friends to be press-ganged rather than set adrift or executed on the spot. Over the next few years she did her best to survive on the ship, learning more and more ways to deal with ships and trying to subtly get the pirate crew out of the more troublesome and less-moral things, like outright slavery and murder. In the end this failed, but she managed to earn enough money to buy her way out of the crew, and join up with Arano Yuki’s shipping empire. She worked as an assistant on a larger trade ship running the major cities, before finally being handpicked by Arano Yuki in his final days to be a part of his posthumous trip to the Plane of Air. With her great knowledgebase and skill, she pretty much immediately dived into the role of the Helmswoman. After all, it’s not often that you get a chance to immediately be the primary pilot for an airship.

Airship Role:  Helmswoman

Ons and Offs: Bonnie is a bisexual, with an appreciation for the ‘tallfolk’, the exotics, and anything involving copious amounts of expensive alchohol and clothes. Probably a fan of lighter bondage, non-con, and such. No gore, vore, scat, but water is okay.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Autocad

Here's an update. As you can see, captain and gunner applications have a higher chance of being accepted for the remaining roles!

Completed applications:
Changingsaint (Mikhail Volkov, male human Alchemist, Engineer)
Latooni Subota (Bonnie "Glorioushair" Lass, female halfling Summoner, Helmswoman)

Interested:
Inerrant Lust (?)
Muse (cleric?)
Loki Aesir (catfolk brawler/rogue, helmsman)
rikka (?)
Chulanowa (?)

Revelation

There is a lot of competition, and if there are other engineers that the group overall likes more, I do understand if I don't make the cut!

TheGlyphstone

I'll have a full concept up tomorrow, but right now I'm kind of liking the idea of a Hobgoblin Warlord.

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Really eyeballing that gunner position, but I think I'd rather play with Florence's Kitsune, than compete against it.  ;D

Looks like i'm going for captain, unless Autocad wants to grow the party.

Florence

Question: For the sake of this...

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/oni-bloodline

QuoteBloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the charm or compulsion subschool, you gain a bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate skill checks equal to the level of the spell for 1d4 rounds.

Does a spell like ability, like what you'd get from this:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/magical-tail-kitsune

Count as "casting a spell"?

Revelation

I'm not the DM - so I can't speak for him but reading it I would say no, given that spell like abilities are not actually spells in and of themselves.