When Two Worlds Collide

Started by Animegurl5, January 18, 2012, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaernak

He flexed his calf and ankle, putting enough weight on them to stop her leg cold.  He grinned.  He'd not been taken off his feet in many, many years.  Not since your training.  "You aren't going to get me to move just because you have some flair in your style.  Stop running theory in your head and focus on the fight,"  he lifted his foot and pushed hers down onto the ground.  "This would break your ankle if you started a fight with it."  He put just enough pressure on her foot to make his point without hurting her.  "Uncomfortable, yes?" Removing his foot from hers, he returned to his original position.  "Once again, if you please."

Animegurl5

"No theory huh?" Just instinct then. The thought didn't appeal to her much but that was her problem to begin with, over thinking things. Hopping back about a foot, letting out an exhale of breath. Shutting her eyes she stepped forward and found herself in the air, and if you looked at where her foot had been you would find a small patch of vines that had acted as springs for her. Landing behind him she spun around and went for the neck and lower back at the same time.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Kaernak

He ducked on instinct and rolled forward.  You can thank me for the warning later.  Kalys came up and nodded to her.  "Very good.  You should rely less on your magic and more on actually fighting.  Then learn to incorporate it into your own style.  Acrobatics are all fun and games until you learn how to hurt someone with them," he grinned, turning the commonly used phrase on it's ear.  You could have stuck a knife in her while she was in midflight.  He nodded.  He knew what he could have done but it wasn't about hurting her.  It was about giving her a chance.  He knew he'd have to get rough with her at some point.

Animegurl5

"What can I say, I was taught by my brother and we both know how well that turned out." She looked down at the patch of springy vines and had to smile. "Nature isn't one to fight but rather assist in ways that it can. "I already know that in a real fight I would be out numbered and most deffinately out matched. The magic is the only thing I have as a safe card. For some it will be a surprise and that's just the chance I would need. I guess I never really thought of trying to actually hurt somebody with it but rather as a chance to get away. You've already burst that bubble, however." She grumbled the last part, upset that she had missed.... again. Shifting her stance slightly she was facing Kalys now. "If you are so amazing, then let's see what you've got."
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Kaernak

He sprung forward on one foot, jabbing wide of her face expecting her to dodge and used his momentum to turn it into an elbow.  Not waiting to see if he hit he leaped upwards, bringing a knee to her midsection.  He wouldn't go full strength on her and let momentum do all of the work.  His free hand locked around one of her arms and he stepped past her, pulling her at an awkward angle.  He spun around her quickly, shifting her wrist from one hand to the other, to keep her off balance.  Placing a foot on the side of her knee he pushed lightly, applying pressure with his heel to force her knee to bend.  Then he stepped forward, raising her still captured arm as he stepped in.  He let his foot tap lightly into her exposed ribs several times.  "Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit."  He raised the same foot and tapped the sole of his foot to her shoulder.  "Dislocated," and with another tap of his foot to her ribs he said, "Broken."  He let her arm go.  "That's what I have," he sounded sad.  "That is all I've ever had."

Animegurl5

Remaining on the ground Skylar growled as she crossed her arms deffiantly. "Alright I've got it... You have skills and the rest of us mortals don't." Letting her arms drop in defeat she turned her head to look at him with tears in her eyes. Her bottom lip quivered slightly as she looked just on the boundary of breaking down sobbing.

Kaernak

He knelt and took her face lightly in her hand.  "I had years of training, training so brutal that if you didn't learn, you died."  He removed his tunic, his form, while well muscled was a patchwork of scars.  Many so deep that they looked as if they'd open back up at the merest touch.  "I didn't die.  But I'd hardly call what I've done since then living."  His voice was soft.  "Your magic isn't something you should depend on.  The best way to avoid a fight is to not fight.  I learned long ago that I was useless.  The world is infinitely big.  I've been trained in combat...but what do I really change?  I can hurt people, yes, but violence begets violence and the cycle never ends.  There is always someone better, someone quicker, stronger, with more training.  There is no shame in defeat if you can stand and live.  The only shame is when you have to end a human life."  His eyes were sad.  "My sister....she....she didn't survive.  They put her up against me.  We had to wear masks to conceal our identities.  I grew up with her...knew the way she moved.  I knew it was her," he paused.  "And at the moment when it mattered the most...I still had to kill her."

Animegurl5

"Oh, I'm so sorry.. That's terrible. But there really is one thing that you forgot to keep in mind. Never underestimate a female's way of survival." While Kalys had been talking she had shifted her feet under her so that she sprang up and connected her palm gently but still firmly under his chin pushing it up so he faced the sky. Then she slipped around, grabbing his arm and pulling it around with her as she kicked the back of his knee, his wrist caught in her fingers and his elbow pinned with her other hand. "I can't help but to agree with you on the matter of not fighting, but sometimes even when you don't want it trouble comes your way. Even the most innocent and pure hearted get caught in the middle of things that alter them forever. I'm sorry that it happened to you. I can't imagine having to fight my own brother, I would have been beat the moment I realized it was him. I hope your sister found peace though, for a life like that is no way to live."

Kaernak

Kalys felt the knife in his boot press against his free hand and let it go.  "I'm not certain that you'd have been able to move...but if we consider this the second half of our duel then the point goes to you my dear."  He sounded resigned and tired.  Thinking of what he did to his sister always shocked him to the core.  The brutality that had been trained into him had come out in those final moments.  She'd never known it was him.  He'd kept his mask on even as he crushed her throat beneath his foot, tears streaming down his masked face as he did what had to be done.  "I...I have to go," he said suddenly.  Shaking her grip off and walking to his belongings.  He replaced his gear and disappeared off into the trees, remembering what she said about the family's property line.  He moved with speed to put distance between himself and Skylar.  "Don't follow me," his voice seemed to whisper back to her out of the night air.

Animegurl5

"Wait! Where are you going?" She knew that she wasn't going to get an answer but she watched as Kalys stalked off in through the trees. She made no move to follow him but then again she hardly made a move at all. "You promised to have dinner." It was almost an after thought as she sat on the ground facing the direction in which Kalys had left. You are so stupid. How could you even think that for a moment that he would stick around you? She brought her knees up to her chin, her arms wrapping around them as she sat there watching the trees.

Kaernak

He sat just off the property line digging a hole.  It hadn't occured to him to get rid of the weapon with which he'd slain the merchant.  Back to being a professional now? the voice chided him.  The voice of his sister.  "No, back to leaving you and this life behind me," he buried the knife quickly and heard her voice scream in rage and then fade as he covered it with dirt.  He made a mental marker of where she was if he needed her and turned, walking back to the property line.  He circled around so that he'd come behind Skylar.  He made no attempt to hide his approach and sat down next to her, facing the direction he'd walked off in only moments before.  "I needed a moment," he said as if it were perfectly natural to just vanish and reappear at will. 

Animegurl5

Skylar squealed with joy before wrapping her arms around his neck in a lopsided hug. "I thought you'd gone and left me." She didn't even bother to let go, she was too tired even to move at the moment so she just kind of hung their anyway. "Hey... Why'd you go behind me rather than just back the way you came? From the timing you couldn't have gotten too far though you did take your merry time walking around in a big circle." She raised her eyebrow but thought nothing of it. Kalys was different, strange and mysterious and oh so hard to get out of her mind. "What have I gotten myself into." She whispered though it was barely even a breath.

Kaernak

His arms wrapped around her waist.  "I was walking and then remembered you promised me dinner...and your mother's cooking...and I just couldn't leave."  Kalys smiled down to her before wrapping her in a tight hug and spinning her around.  He heard the end of her question and leaned down, his forehead touching hers.  "You've gotten whatever you want."

Animegurl5

Her eyes opened slightly in surprise, not expecting him to have heard her. She let her eyes wander up to his and then blushed. It was a nice feeling though, sitting here in the arms of somebody she could trust. With a smile, Skylar rested her head on Kalys' shoulder and sighed. "Yeah, Mama's cooking is the best isn't it?" She laughed quietly to herself.