[Dragonsong] High Fantasy Adventure - Dragons & Riders - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, July 05, 2016, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

This ought to be Very Interesting, in the Chinese proverb sense. *sage nod*

In other news.. are dragons known for collecting huge piles of valuables, either because Reasons, or because 'shiny things!'? Dragon-greed is sort of a trope, and I'm just wondering if it's one in use here. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Lindrea

Gots a question!

So, when the dragons are stone, are they aware of the passage of time?  Like.. are they fully conscious of what's going on around them?  Or is it like a sleep state?

Wispyr

Quote from: Thorne on July 08, 2016, 02:11:46 PM
In other news.. are dragons known for collecting huge piles of valuables, either because Reasons, or because 'shiny things!'? Dragon-greed is sort of a trope, and I'm just wondering if it's one in use here. ^^;
It's not a trope we plan to follow - I would say that greed for dragons in this universe would be more focused on knowledge / power / magic then giant hordes of shiny delights. That said... Nothing is preventing you from using it, if it's something you feel like you'd like to play. A klepto dragon would be more then a little amusing.

Quote from: Lindrea on July 08, 2016, 06:03:54 PM
So, when the dragons are stone, are they aware of the passage of time?  Like.. are they fully conscious of what's going on around them?  Or is it like a sleep state?
No, they are not. It's more like a death state. They were for all intents and purposes dead until their bonded found them. Once woken up they'll recall like it happening - but it was pretty quick; think a swell of magic in them and then darkness sort of rushing in around them until nothing.

Also home now... Once I'm settled in and stuff will look to get things moving... Unfortunately today took a lot longer then was planned so we may be postponed an evening. We'll have to see. My apologies, life did life things.

Lindrea

Quote from: Wispyr on July 08, 2016, 06:09:08 PM
Also home now... Once I'm settled in and stuff will look to get things moving... Unfortunately today took a lot longer then was planned so we may be postponed an evening. We'll have to see. My apologies, life did life things.

Yay!  Welcome back! <3

AribethAmkiir

No, they are not. It's more like a death state. They were for all intents and purposes dead until their bonded found them. Once woken up they'll recall like it happening - but it was pretty quick; think a swell of magic in them and then darkness sort of rushing in around them until nothing.

Darn, I was brushing up on my DA Shale quotes.  :P

Aiyanna

It's not a trope we plan to follow - I would say that greed for dragons in this universe would be more focused on knowledge / power / magic then giant hordes of shiny delights. That said... Nothing is preventing you from using it, if it's something you feel like you'd like to play. A klepto dragon would be more then a little amusing.

Oh god. Oh please, someone do this. Please. I would if I were a dragon, but I'm not so please, make my year. *sends up a prayer to the dragon gods*
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

AribethAmkiir

Crummy thing is, that now, even if someone were to do that, it would just seem like they're copying someone else's idea...    ::)

Lindrea

Unfortunately, that would seem the way.  Though, I think we could all look past that. :)

Cerevan

Okay Aiyanna that is literally the cutest fucking avatar I CANNOT DEAL. -Sobs.-

Wispyr

Quote from: Cerevan on July 08, 2016, 08:02:41 PM
Okay Aiyanna that is literally the cutest fucking avatar I CANNOT DEAL. -Sobs.-
I've been giving her hell about that avatar for so long... I used to go write her PM's and like I'd go to write and then get completely side tracked watching the fucking cat. @_@

Thorne

*grin* You can turn avatars off, yanno. ^^;

*snerk* Well, if someone elects to run .. what, a dragon-kender? o.O ... let me be the first to run for the hills.   <.<      >.>    o_0
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Amelita

Dominik
For safekeeping until we get that sheet to work with ::)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Elysian Radiance

GODDAMMIT, FLOWER!

I have had Pony stuck in my head ever since you mentioned it. I've listened to it more times than I care to admit. Including now.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Wispyr

Mini Announcement: We apologize, but today - as mentioned - just did not at all go according to plan and set us much further back then we had anticipated. So we had planned to get Saidrym & Draekyn's sheet posted for everyone as examples with the powers and what not... But that's just not going to happen tonight. So we've decided to go a bit of a different route and just release the sheet as is right now. In essence if you haven't heard from us saying otherwise, you can assume you are safely in the game and we plan to bring you along. So welcome to Dragonsong folks and we hope you enjoy your stay... We've got lots planned for you!

As for character concepts and powers and what not we're going to address all of that at the same time on sheets - so if you have any questions include them with your sheets so we can get out PM's consolidated and all in the same place. Using the information talked about for powers we're confident that everyone should be able to accurately place them - but we'll discuss any issues that arise during submission at that point.

When sending your sheet please send your sheet directly to both Wispyr and Elysian Radiance - and also tag your partner. Please do not send your sheet in the same PM as your partner. Please add a subject line to your sheet submissions that read Dragonsong - Character name here. So that we can keep them organized in our boxes. Finally please consolidate any further questions / comments you have into these sheet submission PM's - we're going to clear away from the PM chains we have currently so we don't have a ton of random information in random places.

If you have any questions about submission, feel free to pipe up here.

Otherwise, looking forward to seeing everyone's fleshed out concepts and ideas. We would like all submissions to be complete by 07/16/16 at the latest - if it's going to take you longer then this, please reach out to us and let us know. The game will start shortly after that (or sooner, sheet submission pending).

Game threads to come soon.

[float=right][center][img height=300 width=300]http://placehold.it/300x300[/img]
[img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][center][font=Georgia][size=15pt][b]Dragonsong Character Sheet[/size][/font][/center]

[font=georgia][u][b][size=12pt]Basic Information[/size][/u][/font]
[b]Name:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Nickname:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Race:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Age:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Home Region:[/b] [i][/i]

[font=georgia][b][u][size=12pt]Appearance[/size][/u][/font]
[b]Height:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Weight:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Hair Color:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Eye Color:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Dragon Color:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Face Claim:[/b] [i][/i]

[font=georgia][u][size=12pt][b]Partner Information[/size][/u][/font]
[b]Partner:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]How Long:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Type of Relationship:[/b] [i][/i]

[font=georgia][u][size=12pt][b]Abilities[/size][/u][/font]
[b]Aethyr:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Might:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Mundane Skills:[/b] [i][/i]

[font=georgia][u][size=12pt][b]Character Background[/size][/u][/font]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]History:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Flaws/Merits:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]On's/Off's:[/b] [i][/i]

[font=georgia][u][size=12pt][b]Powers[/size][/u][/font]
[b]Minor:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Major:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Supreme:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Ultimate:[/b] [i][/i]

[font=georgia][u][size=12pt][b]Any Additional Notes[/size][/u][/font]
[i][/i]

Flower

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on July 08, 2016, 09:29:18 PM
GODDAMMIT, FLOWER!

I have had Pony stuck in my head ever since you mentioned it. I've listened to it more times than I care to admit. Including now.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF.

Tee hee. xD

Elysian Radiance

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Undine

Sounds good Wispyr, and thank you [both] for the CS sheet.  Will work on tomorrow, on the other side of some sleep ;)
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

AribethAmkiir

Lindrea

Yay!  Now to start building the character in full! ^.^

Elysian Radiance

For Your Reference!

For those of you making dragons, I figured I give you the official D&D chart for dragon sizes for their measurements and whatnot so that you have something accurate to base your sizes off of! I imagine that most dragons will fall in the Large or Huge category.

Tiny
Overall Length - 4 ft
Body Length - 1 ft
Neck Length - 1 ft
Tail Length - 2 ft
Body Width - 1 ft
Standing Height - 1 ft
Wingspan - 4-8 ft
Weight - 5 lb

Small
Overall Length - 8 ft
Body Length - 2.5 ft
Neck Length - 2 ft
Tail Length - 3.5 ft
Body Width - 2 ft
Standing Height - 2 ft
Wingspan - 8-16 ft
Weight - 40 lb

Medium
Overall Length - 16 ft
Body Length - 5 ft
Neck Length - 5 ft
Tail Length - 6 ft
Body Width - 3 ft
Standing Height - 4 ft
Wingspan - 12-24 ft
Weight - 320 lb

Large
Overall Length - 31 ft
Body Length - 9 ft
Neck Length - 9 ft
Tail Length - 13 ft
Body Width - 5 ft
Standing Height - 7 ft
Wingspan - 18-36 ft
Weight - 2,500 lb

Huge
Overall Length - 55 ft
Body Length - 16 ft
Neck Length - 15 ft
Tail Length - 24 ft
Body Width - 8 ft
Standing Height - 12 ft
Wingspan - 30-60 ft
Weight - 20,000 lb

Gargantuan
Overall Length - 85 ft
Body Length - 24 ft
Neck Length - 23 ft
Tail Length - 38 ft
Body Width - 10 ft
Standing Height - 16 ft
Wingspan - 40-80 ft
Weight - 160,000 lb

Hazy Sky

Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Lindrea

Yet another question from me.  xD

So about powers.. if someone were immune to fire.  What level of power would that be?  Or is it not a possibility?

Wispyr

Quote from: Lindrea on July 09, 2016, 03:59:21 AM
So about powers.. if someone were immune to fire.  What level of power would that be?  Or is it not a possibility?
It would need to be an activated 'buff', not a 'passive effect' for starters, but yes totally possible.

A lot would depend on the exact effect / duration of said buff. A long duration, total immunity from fire would be major no doubt. A short term 'shield' that absorbed fire <x> damage from you and allies, but broke when it met its capacity (per person) would also be major. A short term self shield from fire that broke after <x> fire damage would be minor.

As some examples, though there are about a dozen other ways to do it as well.

Cataclysmic Archangel

How about a power where he became a blademaster with any melee weap...

wait, been there, done that.

I've sent you my half-assed sheet, and it's got some power ideas.  Hoepfully they're around the right scale.  If so, I'll post them so people can get an idea.  I think it's a doublewhammy, because Might-based powers seem like they'd be hard to come up with, as the very nature of 'powers' tend to be magical.

Lindrea

So, question about "tagging."  How do I do that?  Just make sure they're on the "To" list when I submit my character?