Two sides of a coin: Soulbinding (heroic fantasy)

Started by Darthvegeta800, March 05, 2009, 02:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

Basically this idea is based on the plot of an rpg game called Beyond Divinity.

Two characters, completely the opposite of each other are forced to cooperate with each other.

At one side there is the heroine. A beautiful and talented (Elvish or human) Paladin who has faced the Demon Lord or Dark Lord with her comrades. However she was bested by her counterpart, an insidious and enigmatic Deathknight.
In this setting, the Deathknights are the Elite Champions and bodyguards of powerful Demons, Necromancers, Witches and Warlords. The obsidian armored Death Knight managed to capture her while he and his brethren seemingly killed the other Paladins and warriors with her. Taken with them to another plane she was to be locked away in the dungeon to serve the sadistic and dubious designs of the Evil Overlord of the Fortress.
However the talented Paladin managed to get away. Either outwitting or outright defeating her dark counterpart this time. Her escape was shortlived however as she never got far in the strange and eerie Fortress. Recaptured she found herself and her original captor used in an odd and torturous experiment. For whatever insidious reason, the evil ruler of the Fortress unleashed a soulforging upon the female Paladin and the Deathknight.
Punishing the Deathknight for his failure, using him as an example or possible another indecipherable reason... he was forced to merge link souls with the Paladin.
Now each has been locked away in a cell in the deepest caverns of the Fortresses Dungeon.
The Paladin is still unconscious and unaware of what has truly happened. The only thing she knows is that she feels empty... as if part of her was too far away.
The Deathknight, possibly not even truly human anymore is still awake and his pride cannot bear the realisation of what has happened to him. If one of them dies, so will the other.
If ever seperated by too much distance, they may die. Other odd effects may come with the soulbinding. He can feel her not too far away and decides to act.
Somehow the Deathknight manages to free himself from his cell and overcome one of the miserable sadistic soldiers down there. Still encased in his obsidian armor he now walks towards the cell to free the Paladin and hopefully forge a temporary alliance... .

This roleplay will be based on diverse fantasy settings and concepts. So i'll borrow things here and there. Beyond the Divinity Setting, i'll probably use diverse classic fantasy concepts.

The main dynamic is the odd relation and differences between: Deathknight-Paladins, Male-Female, Evil-Good,... .

The Paladin will be honorable, possibly from noble descend, well intentioned regarding her homeplane. And on one side bent on ensuring the army being built by her captors will be stopped. She wishes to head home not only to free herself from the insidious warrior/creature tied to her but also do her duty.
She will be more caring, pure and lawful. However she is no wimp and a disciplined warrior, able to use holy/healing magics, aura's and diverse weapons. 
The Deathknight's presence and their soulbinding may subtly influence her.

The Deathknight is a vicious, brutal warrior. Not truly human anymore. He is pragmatic, cynical and sarcastic. His code is dark and linked to the rules Deathknights must follow.
His identity will remain a secret for a long time and the revelation of who he is and what his potential link to the Paladin is, might be a turningpoint. He is strong, tall and a master of weapons. He has a good knowledge of black arts and ancient lore.

Adult-/romance-wise: Up for discussion. But the story and setting is probably quite bloody and sexual encounters more likely 'rough' than 'gentle'.
Just take a peek at my do's - don't's though they're up for debate.

I'm also up for all ideas, modifications and (sub)plots you can come up. I'm a fervent believer of brainstorming before and during rping. I also prefer blunty honesty over shyness.

Kye

Darthvegeta800

Surrender

I am interested in this, if you haven't already found someone. Lemme know? :]

Darthvegeta800

Sure give me a pm on it.
As it seems the one i was going to do it with has dissapeared. A shame, she seemed quite nice.