A Long Night Out: A Dresdenverse Character Proposal (Closed)

Started by Sephora, July 18, 2014, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephora

ElvenKitten

Quote from: Sephora on July 22, 2014, 06:13:54 PM
I'm trying to think as well.  It's a really fun concept, but with what I've got planned an active wizard hunt is troublesome.  Maybe Witchbane never got famous?  She killed wardens, but left no witnesses?  IE: No one knows that it was specifically one person killing them?  That would mean actually losing the nickname though. 

Also you need to fill in information for Kate.

Working on the bio for Kate should be done tonight.  She wore a mask to protect her identity so that solves the identity thing. She could be under something like the doom of Damocles.

Sephora

What if that last warden got out alive?  The one she soulgazed with?  That warden knows she was killing under false pretenses, but doesn't know who she really is.  So officially Witchbane, whoever they may be, is to be placed under the Doom of Damocles once she is found. 

ElvenKitten

Sephora

We could even bring them in later on for plot things. 

Zeth

Quote from: Sephora on July 22, 2014, 12:45:25 PM
Are you a quality writer? We have all the room in the world for quality writers.  ^_~

No I am not. Sorry, It didn't feel right to lie to you.

AndyZ

Quote from: WongBal on July 22, 2014, 06:20:52 PM
I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I was planning to have him work as a model/actor, moving around the country a lot to find new feeding grounds.That's all good. I wasn't planning on him being a hypno-rapist or anything. I just figured he made everyone in his immediate vicinity mildly wet(/hard?).

Oh and also, hallo everybody! I love the Dresden Files with a slavering, slobbering, passionate loving love. My top six favourite characters not named Harry Dresen are (in no particular order): Waldo Butters, Mouse, Molly Carpenter, Joseph Listens-to-Wind, Michael Carpenter, and Nicodemus Archleone ("favourite" here meaning "hated with a fiery burning hateful hatred"). My favourite books in the series are Dead Beat, Skin Game, Ghost Story and Cold Days, and I love all the rest equally (except I'm not overly fond of Proven Guilty or Fool Moon).

I want to say for our connection that Charity has already slept with him, during a time when he was drained but not to the point of being completely out of control, because she didn't want him to kill anyone and understood that her life force would recover.

One thing she'd want to impress upon him, though, is that not explaining things to White Court Virgins absolutely has to stop.  It should be a conscious decision for someone to give themselves over to that kind of darkness, and she'd still watch him for signs of evil actions.

Quote from: Zeth on July 22, 2014, 07:17:35 PM
No I am not. Sorry, It didn't feel right to lie to you.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not perfect either, and someone so obviously interested in improving should be given a chance.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ElvenKitten

Zelta Runa

Quote from: AndyZ on July 22, 2014, 07:47:22 PM
I want to say for our connection that Charity has already slept with him, during a time when he was drained but not to the point of being completely out of control, because she didn't want him to kill anyone and understood that her life force would recover.

One thing she'd want to impress upon him, though, is that not explaining things to White Court Virgins absolutely has to stop.  It should be a conscious decision for someone to give themselves over to that kind of darkness, and she'd still watch him for signs of evil actions.

Okay, I'm fine with that I suppose. I gotta take a look at Charity's sheet though. :-)
“ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
— Gandalf

— Ω —
BACK… IN A LIMITED CAPACITY
Requests
Absences & Apologies
Ons and Offs

ElvenKitten

Wondering about previous relations for Alexis with other characters now.

Crash

Known name, real name: Jonas Eriksson

TYPE: Changeling (Elder Gruff)

JOB:  Bartender

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE

ORIENTATION: Hetero

FLAW: Brotherly Love:  Jonas’s Elder Gruff brothers are constantly testing him and trying to get him to join the Summer Court for good.  These tests are meant to toughen their little brother up and get him prepared to take his rightful place.  It only makes things worse that they really believe they have his best interests at heart.  After all they love the little guy.  Jonas’s human brother Nils is headed down a bad path.  He hasn’t crossed over to the dark side yet, but he is walking on the edge and as much as Jonas is frustrated with him he still cares and would bale his brother out even if it meant getting himself in trouble.

Sucker for a Pretty Face:  A pretty face and a sob story will go a long way in getting Jonas’s help.  Gruffs are an honorable race and Jonas seems to have inherited that trait in spades.  It does allow for him to be manipulated up to a point.  Of course that honorable nature can cut both ways.  If you betray Jonas he doesn’t forgive easy.

My Father’s Sword:  The gigantic sword Jonas retrieved at the behest of his brothers is glamoured so that others do not pay it any attention unless it is drawn.   Even still it is a symbol of the Summer Court which makes it a marker of sorts that the Winter Court would love to have in its possession. 

BIOGRAPHY:  Jonas grew up poor and never knew his father.  His mother remarried when he was little, but she didn’t make good decisions when it came to love.  Jonas’s step father wasn’t a terrible guy, but he had a bit of a temper and little ambition and so he wasn’t much of a provider.  Jonas’s half-brother Nils is three years younger than Jonas and has a bit of his father’s temper, but he is family and Jonas was raised with the belief that you don’t give up on family so despite their differences in personality they were close.

Jonas was always big and strong, a gift from his father that would manifest later in life than most changelings.  He was also the responsible one in the family.  Throughout high school Jonas worked full time giving his money to his mom to help make ends meet.  The only time he took away from work was to play football.  As calm and gentle as Jonas was his early years left him with a lot to be angry about.  He was too young to be the man of the house, but had assumed much of that roll when his stepdad was between jobs. Football gave Jonas a way to get his anger and aggression out in a healthy way and he was very good at it.  It became clear early that he had a special talent one that would assure him a scholarship to college and a shot at something more. 

His parents were so happy when he was accepted to the University of Washington with a full athletic scholarship.  The prouder his parents were of him the more jealous Nils became.  He lashed out and rebelled and where Jonas often did the right thing Nils when out of his way to do the wrong thing.  Despite his brother’s behavior the first two years at the University of Washington went well, but early in his third year he fell strangely ill.  It was his first change.  He thought he was hallucinating when his other brothers popped in through the nevernever to welcome him to the family.  They explained to him who and what he was and who his father was.  It took Jonas quite some time to come to grips with this, but his Elder Gruff brothers weren’t inclined to sit around and wait for him to get his head on straight.  The next day at practice they dropped six-limbed predatory feline-like beast on fey steroids in the defensive huddle to see how he would react.  Jonas manage to wrangle the critter before it killed anyone, but for that weekend’s game U-Dub had a long injury report written off as a particularly chippy practice. 

These little “tests” meant to toughen the Gruffs “little brother” up became for frequent and more dangerous.  His older brothers didn’t leave him completely defenseless and taught him how to defend himself, but with each training the “tests” got more difficult and ended with more collateral damage.   Jonas dropped out the next semester much to his mother and father’s disappointment and his brother’s delight.

His older brother’s rejoiced and turned up their “training” regiment.  It was one particularly vicious training that left Jonas badly beaten.  As luck would have it the alley he crawled into to recover was behind the Windhaven Last Call and its lovely proprietor found him passed out near the back door.  Amelia helped patch him up and recognizing what he was offered him the sanctuary of the Windhaven’s accorded ground.  She explained a little more of what the fae courts were and offered him a job.  Jonas readily accepted the offer which has not only given him some steady income but given him a safe place away from his brothers when he needs it.  Being able to converse with them without the threat of attack has helped him understand and even like some of his older brothers, when they aren’t trying to kill him or get him to give up his human side to join them in the Summer Court.

Amelia’s selflessness has earned Jonas’s eternal gratitude and he is overly protective of the diminutive (really who isn’t compared to Jonas) bar owner.  Jonas has turned out to be a talented bartender, with his calm, gentle demeanor and practical advice and has a decent reputation with most of the bars patrons and especially Amelia who he is admittedly attracted to, but has not acted on it not wanting to screw up his employment and not able to gauge her interest.  So for now he is happy with his status as a bachelor as are a few of the ladies who are regulars at the Last Call.

As much as Jonas tries to remain neutral when it comes to supernatural politics, he is an honorable sort of guy and a sucker for a pretty face with a sob story or a wrong that needs righting.  His brothers count on this and play on that sense of honor to goad him into reacting.  Some of the other patrons of the last call have leaned on his flaws as well as the striking Charity can attest when she recruited his help rousting a Skavis vampire that was terrorizing local mortals in an underground boxing ring.

Recently he was obligated to dip further into the murky waters of Seattle’s supernatural world when his brother’s asked Jonas to retrieve their father’s sword.  Their father had been missing for a year and they learned that a particularly nasty Winter Court troll had ambushed and killed their father taking the weapon as a trophy.  With unexpected help from Amelia and a bargain with one of the local Wizards Jonas was able to locate and defeat the Troll and his minions, reclaiming his father’s sword as his own.  The troll Bothur escaped.

Abilities: Jonas is extremely strong and tough like his Elder Gruff brothers.  He has much of their size and ability to recover from injury.  He has little ability to glamor which seems to be limited to appearing as he was before his changeling genes kicked in.  After extreme effort he has learned to hide the gargantuan sword that his father left for him.  Jonas has been taught combat by his Elder Gruff brothers and has been forced to become adept at it through numerous “tests” they have dropped on him at unexpected times.  Since failure would be dying at the hands of strange and vicious fairy beasts, it turns out Jonas has a knack for it.

REPUTATION:  He is known for being a good bartender.  He makes a stiff drink, is a good listener and gives down to earth, practical advice.  The Summer Court loves him and sees so much potential.  Ironically he is the rising star with his fey family where they destroyed his star with his mortal one.  The Winter Court has gotten wind of him as well and the Trolls, who have no love for Gruffs would love to make an example of the new golden Gruff.   Jonas tries to keep out of fey politics as much to keep Windhaven’s neutrality as protect himself.  He does however have a weakness for a pretty face and a sob story and has been drawn into more than one little adventure because of it.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Swan

I'll get that Bio up tonight! Sorry it's taking so long.  :-\

Swan

Crash: how do we pronounce your character's name? Jo-nahs or Yo-nahs? I have a nephew who's named Janos (Ya-nohs).

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Sephora

ElvenKitten:
Quote from: ElvenKitten on July 19, 2014, 05:46:36 PM
She wasn’t able to save the Warden as one of the ghouls she had following her killed him before she could recover from the soulgaze.

Adjust that sentence to reflect the Warden as still living, and you seem to be good to go. 

Zeth:  I'm sorry to hear that. :C Thank you for your honesty and your interest.  :)

Crash: Solid character, though you have the character relationships you've established intertwined with your biography.  You will still need to make a seperate "who you know" section.  :)  Also, you mention that he's got little ability to glamour, but your image of him has both a human and nonhuman.  Could you elaborate a bit? 

Crash

I will work on the relationships.

I couldn't remember if changelings could appear as human or not, so I figured his limited knowledge of glamour could make him look human if he normally did not.  Human pick with glamour, Changeling pic without it.  I figure his ability to glamour more will come in the game.

Sephora

Yeah, I figure his limited knowledge of glamour can still allow him to appear human.  Too much trouble otherwise.  :P 

ElvenKitten

Sephora

Crash:  Will you be wanting your character's brothers to be playing a role in this game?  And if so, would you be wanting to play them, or would you rather they be gm controlled?

Crash

I left them in there for you to do with as you please.  You want to throw a complication Jonas's way or are looking for some filler feel free to use any of his brothers. ;)

Sephora

Great, be prepared for me to ask some random information about them in the future if I ever need one.  :P

Otherwise...congrats, you've got the youngest character in the game.  ^^

Crash

Hah.  Thanks and no problem.

Who Jonas knows so far...

Amelia: Amelia is Jonas’s boss.  She patched him up after a particularly bad fight and gave him a job.  Jonas will never forget the help she has given him and if very protective of her and her establishment.  Jonas is a little sweet on Amelia, but has done nothing to pursue it with the whole boss/worker thing.  He respects her way to much for a casual thing.
Charity: Jonas met Charity through her frequent visits to the Last Call.  He and Charity ousted a Skavis vampire that was terrorizing local mortals in an underground boxing ring.  Jonas was reluctant at first but after she convinced him to go along with her to view a match and took out the cause from there.
Jacob Scar: Recently Jonas was obligated to dip further into the murky waters of Seattle’s supernatural world when his brother’s asked Jonas to retrieve their father’s sword.  Their father had been missing for a year and they learned that a particularly nasty Winter Court troll had ambushed and killed their father taking the weapon as a trophy.  With unexpected help from Amelia and a bargain with a local wizard Jacob Scar, Jonas was able to locate and defeat the Troll and his minions, reclaiming his father’s sword as his own.  The troll Bothur escaped.
Alexis Walker:  Jonas knows Alexis through her sister Kate when they were both going to college at the University of Washington.  Jonas and Kate dated for a time before his change, but broke up soon after when he broke ties with a lot of his former life.  This was before Kate embraced her rebellious streak.

EK - I added a bit about Jonas dating Kate in college.  Let me know if that is okay.

I am up for connections to others even if it is just knowing him as the bartender at the Last Call.

Sephora

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209532.0

It's the ooc board!!!! ^____^  Look at us, being a real full fledged rp with our own ooc thread. 

Everyone, move discussions there.