Pages not refreshing

Started by Secretwriter, July 08, 2010, 02:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

I'm not sure if it's the server, my browser, or what, but when I hit the refresh page button at the top of my browser I have to do it two or three times to get it to show the new posts on the page.  Sometimes it doesn't even do it then and I have to go to my bookmarks and hope that will refresh.

It did it last night and I thought it was just a bug because it stopped doing so today.  Then about two or three hours ago it started up again, worse than last night. 

I've tried to find the cookie cleaning script, but haven't been successful in locating it. 

Can anyone help? Is this happening with anyone else?

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Vekseid

https://elliquiy.com/clearcookies.php

Make sure your computer's clock is accurate.

If a specific thread has problems (but not others) I've also written a thread repair script - just point me to the thread in question. : )

Secretwriter

The cookie cleaner script seemed to clear up the problem. I'll let you know if it didn't.  Thanks, Veks! *huggles*   It was all of my threads, including my inbox and bookmarks that were acting up.  My computer is at the same time my phone is, so I'm pretty sure it's correct.  The phone gets the info from sources outside my settings.  It comes in when the phone rings.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Trieste

I gave the cookie-clearing script a bump after the April stuff, but it gets lost in the announcements forum; I suggest copying that thread over to "help!" in the computer subforum as a sticky, and also posting the link in the thread "resources for a healthy computer".