Pathfinder 2nd Edition: Age of Ashes

Started by SINless, August 15, 2019, 08:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SINless

After a long dormancy I've decided to try and run a game on here again. And since I've recently started Pathfinder second edition, I'd thought: Why not try that on here.

Breachill’s local government has a long history of hiring adventurers to tackle challenges its residents face that fall outside the scope of the town guard’s duties. The merchant whose expected shipment of goods hasn’t yet arrived, the shepherd whose herd of goats mysteriously died in the night, the farmer whose entire season’s harvest was ruined or stolen. Investigating and resolving any of these matters are  considered good jobs for adventurers, and so Breachill’s town council uses its resources to hire heroes as needed. These monthly meetings, known as the Call for Heroes, are distinct from the council’s normal regular governance  meetings, a tactic that separates such matters from regular municipal business and shows the townspeople that the council takes seriously the issues that are often most important to them personally.

What am I looking for:
4-5 players who can post at a consistent rate. 1 post every 48 hours at least.
People who can make substansive posts. No one liners, but also no walls of text filled with nonsense
People who can write in the third person limited perspective, using the past simple tense (Google it if you need to, but I think most people here already use this)

How to apply:
When you apply, all I need is an ancestry, a class and a short bio. Preferably two to three paragraphs, if you need more than that fine, but don't overdo it, there's plenty of time for extensive backgrounds if and when you are accepted.
Full character creation can wait, but I have a few rules:
- Standard mechanism for assigning abilities, the so called ABC method with one exception: I will not accept voluntary flaws to gain boosts.
- 150 silverpieces to start,
- Sources, use core rulebook and Age of Ash player guide only.

GreenFlame

Are there any books aside from core for 2e? Are the on the archive?

I think of some sort of Gnome Sorcerer, with an imaginary pet/friend turned real as a familiar. I guess we are starting at level 1, right? Also, any prefered place to put the sheet in? MW maybe?

SINless

The bestiary is out, it has some options. Also there's a playtest dropping real soon, wanted to preempt that.

As for the sheet, anywhere is fine. MW usually works well, just keep a copy in case they get wiped again.

Chulanowa

Chulanowa

Are Backgrounds from the Age of Ashes Player's Guide acceptable?

SINless

Yes they are, edited the first post to reflect that.

GreenFlame

Got a draft for a sheet, items & spells yet to be determined.

Chulanowa

Quote from: GreenFlame on August 16, 2019, 01:42:55 PM
Got a draft for a sheet, items & spells yet to be determined.

Haven't decided what I wanna do just yet, but Lexara looks adorable  ;D

Autocad

Ceres of the Cepheids

Character Sheet

Ancestry: Human

Background: Local Scion (Age of Ashes Player's Guide)

Class: Fighter 1

Bio: The Cepheids began as a family line of blacksmiths from Breachill, who got most of their business forging arms and armor for the town guard. Although the metallurgy was fine, they received a lot of complaints about the fit, bulk, and weight of the equipment. Stubborn old man Cepheid, indignant at what he perceived to be slander against the quality of his work, decided he would show the whippersnappers what for and took up arms to go fight some monsters himself and prove that the problem lay with lazy guardsmen and not with his work. As it turned out, the complaints had a valid point - the weapons cut true and the armor kept life and limb safe, but they were heavy and uncomfortable to wear while standing guard or travelling during the rest of the day. The humbled and enlightened blacksmith made some much-welcomed changes to his wares, and from then all the scions of the Cepheid line had to learn not only how to smith arms and armor, but also how to use them.

Ceres was born a few generations down the line of adventuring blacksmiths, and like all true Cepheids she learned both how to craft and how to wield a blade. She grew up hearing about her predecessors, who put their  own lives on the line to prove the quality of their work, and had adventures in the process that in turn gave them the experience to create even greater masterpieces. Now the time had come for Ceres to prove her own worth. She had beaten red-hot steel into sword and shield, and painstakingly forged every single link of her chainmail herself. All that remained was to put it to the test in a trial by fire - and the upcoming Call for Heroes was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Sex and Sexual Content: Futa (or if not allowed, female). Open to consensual and non-consensual encounters with male, female, futa, and monstrous partners.

GreenFlame

Oh, nice knight. If possible, I would like to play a futa as well.

SINless

I'm not a big Futa fan, but to be fair I don't need to be. If you as a group want to play Futa I see no issue there. I will need a bit of experience though, so if you're okay with me having to learn, then I'm happy for you to play them.

ChaoticSky

also interested, will likely be a female monk. may need a day or two to sort through things though.

TwistedKitsune

I and interested and have a rogue made up for this. Will put more information up shortly.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1989388

GreenFlame

Lexara Aurois Gnome (Fey-Touched) Sorcerer (Fey) CG Fortune Teller

Many kids have imaginary friends. Lexara had an imaginary cat, until it became real. Fey blood ran strong in her veins and it was just the beginning of strangeness around her. Without training, she started manifesting some minor magic. Face with such gift, she used it as a punchline for many jokes as well as colouring ever thing she owned. Making all of her possessions as colourful as she is.

This would be the extent of it if it wasn't for a witch with her travelling band. It was somebody to see potential in her and help her refine it. Push her to create powerful spells, trach her about arcane arts and even teach her a little about fortune-telling. How she would summon lightning to protect herself, cure a minor case of stab disease and even tell if somebody is cursed, most often they weren't.

Even so, there is only some much one can learn from a single woman, and Lexaras power didn't come from a study. Not was she a book worm type. Having enought magic to do deal with most common of bandits, she left to travel the world.

SINless

Silim

If you've still got a spot, I'd be interested! I'm still working my way through the 2E rules for Pathfinder, but the general concept would most likely be a druid of some kind, as I've never gotten a chance to play one before. For species, I'm thinking some sort of elf (haven't gotten a chance yet to look at the variations in 2E for them).

Chulanowa

I'll have a wizard up tomorrow; I figure Arcane spells shouldn't clash too hard with primals?

Silim

Nah, it seems like PF2 has virtually no overlap for us there, so we shouldn't have to worry at all. I'm working my way through character creation currently, so this sheet is still heavily WIP:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1992094

Edit: Sheet wise, Emris is finished. I'll add more about his actual character beyond the numbers later, cause I have to prepare to run a F2F Pathfinder game in a few hours now.

GreenFlame

Silim

SINless

I'm glad to see there's a nice party forming. I'll start on the threwads asap

Autocad

ChaoticSky

Sorry for the delay on my character, decided to revise the concept after reading the AoA PG. For for reference shes going to be a human monk with the Out of Towner background with a dwarven theme. I think i may also try to include some crafting/smithing stuff if i have room for it.

Chulanowa

Blugh. I just can't seem to get a wizard to work on paper the way I want her in my head  :P

ChaoticSky

Anyone else notice there doesnt seem to be a way to get 18 in any stat at chargen? You get three sources of boosts but cant double up on any one of them, so the highest you can hit without taking additional flaws is 16. Or did i miss something?

*edit, on second thought, i had a look at Ceres sheet, and holy shit those ability scores are way higher than mine. Where did you get your stats from Autocad?