Dragon Age: Aftermath

Started by Primarch, August 11, 2012, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 11, 2012, 02:01:11 PM
-juts her hip out and gives her rump a good smack- Ah, that mad dwarven stallion wouldn't know how to sauce her rump roast. Heh, he'll just pass out from the hotness.  It's okay, sexy you have your Starfang. I got the DragonBrand.. though I haven't looked over the waraxes and hammers yet.

Go with the Demonslayer hammer! For the name alone xD

Primarch

Name: Darrian Tabris
Race:Elf
Class: Warrior, Champion & Templar
Origin Path: City Elf

Appearance:

Darrian

Equipment: Darrian wields the greatsword Starfang, which was crafted from metal from a fallen star. This already incredible swords is made all the more dangerous by the Runic enchantments Sandal placed in them, empowering the sword with lightning & frost and allows him to attack more quickly. All the runes are of Paragon quality. When he returned to Ostagar after the battle he obtained King Cailan's massive suit of armour and wore it throughout the blight. He occasionally makes use of a Whitewood longbow.
Skills:
Sunder Arms > Shattering Blows > Sunder Armour > Destroyer
Mighty Blow > Powerful Swings > Two Handed Strength > Two Handed Sweep
War Cry > Rally > Motivate > Superiority
Righteous Strike > Cleanse Area > Mental Fortress > Holy Smite

History: Tabris was born in Denerim Alienage, a place that left them as second class citizens that had so little they aspired to poverty. Elves of Denerim were so poor, the ones who managed to secure temporary work of servitude to humans were considered lucky. Darrian rarely caused trouble in his youth however, despite many claims that he had inherited his mothers wild ways but he was known to stand up for himself. When Darrian was grown, he was to wed Nesiara, the eldest daughter of a good family from the Highever alienage. The ceremony was interrupted by by the Arl of Denerim's son and his friends whom for all intents and purposes kidnapped Nesiara, Darrian's cousins fiance, Darrian's cousin Shianni and another. Darrian and his cousin Soris, under the approval of their Elder and the Grey Warden Duncan, infiltrated the Arl's Estate and broke into his Manse. Darrian butchered every guard he found, looted the armoury and proceeded to find the Arl's son (Bann Vaughan) and his friends after just raping Shianni. Vaughan attempted making a deal with Darrian whom promptly slew him and his friends. Most of the Elven girls were rescued, but one was murdered by the Arl's guards before they could intervene.

Upon returning to the Alienage the women were seen to safety before the city guards arrived. Darrian confessed to the murders at the Estate, taking Soris's share of the blame too. Duncan intervened and used the Rite of Conscription, saving Darrian from certain execution. Darrian traveled to Ostagar where he met many other recruits and went under the Joining. During the battle of Ostagar Darrian joined the other Wardens in fighting their way to the top of the Tower, where they were over run but saved by Flemeth. While other Wardens went about getting the treaties honoured, Darrian returned to Ostagar where he battled the remnant Darkspawn forces, including a Necromancer and Ogre that slew Cailan that had been returned from the dead. Darrian acquired the fallen King's equipment that had been looted by the Darkspawn and adorned it himself, along with that of Duncan before giving Cailan a proper burial upon a funeral pyre. Alister, whom had joined him in Ostagar trained Darrian in the ways of the Templar as a token of appreciation for his efforts to honour Cailan and a sign of their growing friendship.

With Ostagar safe Darrian traveled North to Soldiers Peak to aide Levy Dryden in discovering information about his great grandmother Sophie Dryden, a previous Warden Commander. The former Warden Keep was over run by demons and undead, which Darrian promptly slew. Eventually he found the Grey Warden Blood Mage Avernus, after accepting his aide in banishing the demons Darrian executed Avernus for his crimes. Once the Keep was safe he named himself its new Commander and opened its facilities to his fellow Grey Wardens. On his way to Denerim in preparation of the Landsmeet, Darrian discovered a crater where a star had fallen, he managed to extract a very high-quality ore and returned to the Warden's Keep where the blacksmith crafted him Starfang, his famous sword. Between Ostagar and the Warden's Keep Darrian found a wide variety of finely crafted weapons and armour, much of which he gifted to his fellow Wardens.

After the Landsmeet Darrian became very protective of his Elves, especially after it was revealed that Loghain had been selling them to slavery. He took any Elves that were interested and brought them to Warden's Keep where they were given permanent, safe work. Humans with duties that required special training were informed to take on Elves as Apprentices. Although the Elves of the Denerim Alienage now had less competition for what jobs were available and more room in their cramped Alienage he promised he would help them all as he could.

With the Landsmeet was resolved and Loghain was executed Darrian joined the others in the battles at Recliffe and of course the battle of Denerim, where he joined the others atop Fort Drakon and fought the Archdemon. Afterwards, with the Civil War and the Fifth Blight ended he returned to Warden's Keep to assess his resources. Since then he has become one of the most vocal supporters of Elf rights and equal treatment in Fereldon and an extreme critic of the Chantry. Some say he has rebellion on his mind if the situation doesn't change for the Elves.

Ons: Empowered Elven Women, submissive humans (especially nobles), oral, public places
Offs: Body waste, mutilation, generally 'extreme' categories

Katra Alexion

I am thinking a make a female city elf spite who was married all of five minutes before being swept away to Vaughn's manner and kicked their ass getting out, losing the new hubby in the process. Which also means she can help out with Unrest in the Alienage, Paragon of her own and Soldier's peak

Name: Kallian Tabris
Race: Elven
Class: Rogue -
Origin Path: City Elf

Appearance: WIP

Equipment: WIP
Skills:  WIP

Ons:
Offs:

Primarch

I wouldn't encourage helping with too much, as we have numerous Wardens performing the various missions in the game things move along faster. If anything I'd suggest you claim Unrest in the Alienage as your own unless somebody else has and help out with Paragon of her own. There's already someone helping out with Soldier's Peak and the more people involved the less significant each person's role in it becomes.

Katra Alexion

Sure, not a problem *grins* Unrest in the Alienage it is then, though I was also kinda hoping for Sacred Ashes. Loved that quest.

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 02:21:06 PM
Sure, not a problem *grins* Unrest in the Alienage it is then, though I was also kinda hoping for Sacred Ashes. Loved that quest.

You can claim 2 in game achievements/story points as having been completed by your character so you could pick those two. Just say your claiming them.

Katra Alexion

Alrighty then. I chose Sacred Ashes and Unrest in the Alienage as my achievements.

DRoux

Just as a question, do we get any more level progression, or do we stick with what we choose at the start?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Primarch

I've updated the opening post with what I believe is all the missions/events & equipment that's been claimed, along with the origin paths. If I missed anything just post it up here and I'll add it to my list.

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 02:54:12 PM
Just as a question, do we get any more level progression, or do we stick with what we choose at the start?

I'm happy to discuss adding in some extra skills after some landmark point in the RP, but I think it'll be whats selected for a while.

Latooni Subota

Hoo, got waylaid by sudden CLEANING DAY stuff.

In terms of unique equipment, definately going for the Staff of the Magister Lord and Lifegiver Amulet.

Still considering the events though . . . maybe "Saved Connor's Soul with Blood Magic" at Redcliffe and "Magic Sympathizer" at the tower. Also, though it's not an event thing . . I'd like her to have gone along to the Warden's Keep mission, if only so she could get the potion and learn the unique spell there from it. It's a nice spell, and since she's a Blood Mage it works out nicely thematically.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 11, 2012, 03:21:54 PM
In terms of unique equipment, definately going for the Staff of the Magister Lord and Lifegiver Amulet.
I'll put them in the claimed list.

QuoteStill considering the events though . . . maybe "Saved Connor's Soul with Blood Magic" at Redcliffe and "Magic Sympathizer" at the tower. Also, though it's not an event thing . . I'd like her to have gone along to the Warden's Keep mission, if only so she could get the potion and learn the unique spell there from it. It's a nice spell, and since she's a Blood Mage it works out nicely thematically.

Saved Connor's soul & Magic Sympathizer.

Although as I said to Katra, I don't want too many people involved in tagging along with other people's claimed achievements as each person taking part reduces the achievement of the person who claimed it. Soldier's Peak is already claimed and Oreida's Dwarf tagging along.

Latooni Subota

Maybe you can have thought to save the bottle, so your resident expert on magic that isn't a manipulative witch could take a look at it? >.>

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

Alright, but they're counting towards your skill choices, no free abilities. I'd have nabbed'em myself otherwise. :P

Katra Alexion

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 03:55:54 PM
I hear that !  ;D :P

On an unrelated note, I imagine our characters would be siblings? Feel free to reference me in your history (especially the part concerning the origin story) and I'll do the same once your app is done so I can know how to reference.

Katra Alexion

TO Latooni: Lifegiver isn't an amulet, hon - its a ring. Was thinking of taking it for myself but thought i clear it with you first because I didn't see an amulet version.

DRoux

Name: Lorcan Cousland
Race: Human
Class: Rogue, spec Assassin and Shadow
Origin Path: Human Noble

Appearance
(Or something like that; he didn't come out precisely like I wanted him. And he lacks an eyepatch in this picture)

Equipment: The Felon's Coat and The Rose's Thorn, along with drakeskin studded leather gloves and boots, and a dragonbone Crow Dagger. Both daggers were enchanted by Sandal with Momentum and Intensifying runes.

Skills:
Dirty Fighting > Combat Movement > Coup De Grace
Below the Belt > Deadly Strike > Lethality
Stealth > Stealthy Item Use > Combat Stealth
Dual-Weapon Training > Dual-Weapon Finesse
Dual-Weapon Sweep > Flurry > Momentum
Mark of Death > Exploit Weakness > Lacerate
Shadow Form > Decoy > Shadow Striking

History: The second child in the Cousland family, Lorcan had it easy as "the spare" to Fergus' "heir." He spent a great deal of his youth sneaking away from his caretakers and into the city. Eventually to placate his curiosity (and attempt to stop his growing fascination with criminal elements), his father gave him a series of locks and a set of picks, on which he practiced regularly alongside his weapons training . Despite his laziness on several historical subjects, Lorcan was a decent student for Aldous, and was known to spend a few hours in the library now and then researching a few topics more interesting to him, like the Crows, for instance. However, his general dislike for being bored meant he dismissed the Chantry early on as a child, and later philosophically divorced himself entirely from the doctrine in his late adolescence. On an unrelated note, he bedded a chambermaid when he was fifteen, which led to his mother summarily dismissing all of hers, and most of the female servants not already married. Lorcan was thoroughly disappointed.

Then came the whole issue with Arl Howe. The first issue, anyway. With his father and brother riding off to Ostagar to fight the darkspawn and his mother leaving him in charge of affairs in Highever Castle, Lorcan looked at this as smooth sailing. He had his trusty hound brought back to heel once again (even if he did encourage the dog to break into the larder for his amusement), he had a "date" with a pretty elven servant who was visiting with his mother's friend Lady Landra, and he was going to be in charge of a whole Teyrnir for however long it took to fight off the Darkspawn. However, the night after Fergus left to take the family's troops to Ostagar, Howe's troops arrived to sack the castle. In the ensuing combat, Iona, his companion for the night, was killed; he managed to snatch his family sword and shield from the armory before Howe's men got to them; his parents were killed; and most importantly, he was recruited into the Grey Wardens.

At Ostagar, Lorcan met Duncan's other recruits, and ventured into the Wilds, where he met a rather entrancing (to him, anyway) witch who helped them with the treaty half of their task. During this period, he became friends with Daveth, and tended to butt heads with Jory, who he perceived as an idiot, and Allistair, whose humor he enjoyed but whose strict morality he didn't. He survived the Joining, and the Wardens' defeat-by-betrayal at the hands of Teyrn Loghain, whose name was summarily added to his mental list of nobles to kill when he got the chance, right beneath Arl Howe.

While he occasionally ventured out with a group to get a treaty honored, Lorcan spent most of his time training in camp. A friendly relationship with Zevran led to his own training in Crow techniques, and he took to it with gusto; his less-than-cordial relationship with Leliana after his charming exterior fell away meant he missed out on her bardic techniques, but that didn't bother him much. He had picked up a copies of a few books that he remembered from Castle Highever's library, and started teaching himself to blend more with the shadows, to become more invisible on the battlefield.

Come time for the Landsmeet, he spent quite a bit of his down-time in the Pearl, and became friends with Isabella. Despite her offer, Lorcan turned her down on her training, as he was busy with other concerns, like finding Arl Howe after their spat in the presence of Eamon and the Teyrn nearly came to weapons being drawn. During said near-conflict, he developed a similar distaste for Ser Cauthrien as he held for the other two visitors to Arl Eamon's estate. After taking along a group to help him break into the Arl of Denerim's estate, and the subsequent assassination of Howe (with a decapitation carried out by the family sword, as per his mother's request), Lorcan was captured and incarcerated in Fort Drakon by Ser Cauthrien after she and a group of soldiers captured him and the team he'd taken to Howe's estate. After another team infiltrated the fort and broke he and his group out, Lorcan turned his attention to more larcenous endeavors and spent a great deal of time leading up to the Landsmeet going by the alias of "The Dark Wolf" and generally making a mess of Denerim's upper class with his thieving shenanigans.

When the Landsmeet took place, he distracted Cauthrien while the rest of the group went ahead; after all, he'd been after a bit of revenge ever since she essentially told him to back off when he threatened to kill Howe early during their stay in Denerim, and this was only amplified after she knocked him rather hard over the head with the Summer Sword when he wasn't cooperating during his capture. When he got a chance to fight her alone, he delighted in tormenting her before killing her with a thrust through the breastplate. His participation in the Battle of Denerim and combat atop Fort Drakon left him without his left eye, and he began wearing an eyepatch after the battle was over.

Were he to care about more than the next wench he beds or the next big heist he performs, Lorcan would likely be right alongside Darrian in fighting for equality and criticizing the Chantry, but as it stands, he just doesn't care at all. He has set up permanent (if not strictly permitted) residence in Arl Eamon's Denerim estate, maintains regular contact with Fergus by letters, and makes his living continuing with his career as The Dark Wolf. However, he has found that he is donating back a pretty good amount of his takes to rebuilding the city despite himself, and he's a little unsure how to be charitable. In that regard, his donations usually take the form of leaving a hefty sack of sovereigns on the desk of Sergeant Kylon when no one's looking. Given the chance and proper information, he would probably at least make an attempt on the lives of Arl Howe's children, but as it stands, he doesn't have either. At this point, his relationship with the Wardens is... ambivalent. He wouldn't mind using them to his own ends, but he's not going to go out of his way to serve their interests if his interests don't coincide.

Ons: Bondage (with him as dom), elves, public places
Offs: Bathroom and blood play
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Latooni Subota

Aha, so it is. I guess the Lifegiver is a ring then. XD

Katra Alexion

I notice you have a spot for Skills but what about talent/ or are you lumping them all in one? And what about  Coercion, Stealing, Trap-Making, Survival, Herbalism, Poison-Making?

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 04:50:48 PM
I notice you have a spot for Skills but what about talent/ or are you lumping them all in one? And what about  Coercion, Stealing, Trap-Making, Survival, Herbalism, Poison-Making?

That's a good point, you may also noticed that what players here are selecting are actually the talents, the skills section is left out. But its intentional, adding skills would make things a tad complicated. Much of the coercion in this game will likely be between players and I didn't want to muddle that up with stats, as the game is intended to be freeform. As it stands people can equip any armour they want (bar mages of course, but they can equip any robe) so it stands to reason all characters have for instance the full set of Combat Training, you also have access to any runes you like so taking Runecrafting would be silly.

If people want we can include them, or perhaps integrate them into the skill selections people are already making. This one is up to you guys.

Primarch

Lorcan Cousland looks good, but "The Dark Wolf" has its own questline leading up to it, I believe I might consider that something that would require a claim although I realize its not quite as plot important as say, Paragon of her kind.

If what we have now is the entirety of the members we get, or if we were only to get a small handful more I'd allow additional claims to be made but until a bit of time has passed I believe I'd rather give others the chance to come along and take their pick of the claims.

DRoux

Hmm... would Fort Drakon's escape bit constitute another plot point?

Primarch

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
Hmm... would Fort Drakon's escape bit constitute another plot point?

I had imagined everyone was involved in that to be honest, whether as a captive or a rescuer is up to the individual player.

DRoux

Alright then, I think that I'll toss him in there as a captive and let someone else have Loghain.

Primarch

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 05:28:00 PM
Alright then, I think that I'll toss him in there as a captive and let someone else have Loghain.

Oh no, I was saying you don't need to spend a plot point on Fort Drakon, as I imagine everyone was involved you can't all claim it after all. Unless you want to switch Loghain for becoming the Dark Wolf?