Catholic/Gay Transformation

Started by JuliaInNJ2007, June 08, 2014, 02:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaInNJ2007

Hi there! I've got an idea for a religious story. I posted this in adult and started to write a version of this myself. But I think I'd really like to do this w/o an adult component and with another person.

The idea of the story: I am a lesbian that was raised Catholic. I'm very much in favor of gay rights and activism and the like. There's a big court decision in the state where I live, resulting in the legalization of gay marriage.

I came out of the closet in college. I first came out to my parents who have been very supportive and loving. However, not everything was fine with my extended family. My mom's cousin Linda (Aunt Linda for those weird familial reasons) is a staunch, uber-conservative Catholic who goes to mass every day and wants things the way they were. She's widowed and without a child of her own (and rich, due to her husband leaving her a large amount of money). She's also very opinionated/judgmental and has a very high opinion of herself. There's nothing she likes more than being proven right.

Aunt Linda and my mom never got along that well due to their differences of opinion. There was always an odd family dynamic between the various sides of the family. There's always been an odd sense of power jockeying, too -- fights over who goes over whose house for holidays, money situations, gossiping, church attendance, etc.

When Aunt Linda found out I came out, she read my the riot act and said she would have dragged me by my ear to her Pastor for me to confess and get some "proper sense" talked into me. She also told my mom and dad that they spoiled me rotten and were what's wrong with this country and the like. I and my family haven't seen Aunt Linda and our relatives closest to her in 10 years. My parents have also since retired and moved Florida.

I'm at the local gay bar the day the verdict comes out. And during our celebration, I feel an odd feeling. An epiphany of sorts that the Catholic teachings about marriage and sexuality and promiscuity all of a sudden feels overwhelmingly correct. I have no idea what to do and am incredibly confused about the situation... and for some reason, I go to Aunt Linda's house for the first time since I came out.

That begins her dream come true. She has me confess, puts me under lock-and-key, and transforms me into her ideal way of how a young lady should act and look -- prim, proper and respectful. And then she uses her power over me to end up making my mom see the err of her own ways... and, as a result, Aunt Linda gains power over the family dynamic and everyone soon has to kowtow to all of her demands, no matter how petty or small or grand.

I would love to do this with someone!

ADoggett

Quote from: JuliaInNJ2007 on June 08, 2014, 02:00:53 PM
Hi there! I've got an idea for a religious story. I posted this in adult and started to write a version of this myself. But I think I'd really like to do this w/o an adult component and with another person.

The idea of the story: I am a lesbian that was raised Catholic. I'm very much in favor of gay rights and activism and the like. There's a big court decision in the state where I live, resulting in the legalization of gay marriage.

I came out of the closet in college. I first came out to my parents who have been very supportive and loving. However, not everything was fine with my extended family. My mom's cousin Linda (Aunt Linda for those weird familial reasons) is a staunch, uber-conservative Catholic who goes to mass every day and wants things the way they were. She's widowed and without a child of her own (and rich, due to her husband leaving her a large amount of money). She's also very opinionated/judgmental and has a very high opinion of herself. There's nothing she likes more than being proven right.

Aunt Linda and my mom never got along that well due to their differences of opinion. There was always an odd family dynamic between the various sides of the family. There's always been an odd sense of power jockeying, too -- fights over who goes over whose house for holidays, money situations, gossiping, church attendance, etc.

When Aunt Linda found out I came out, she read my the riot act and said she would have dragged me by my ear to her Pastor for me to confess and get some "proper sense" talked into me. She also told my mom and dad that they spoiled me rotten and were what's wrong with this country and the like. I and my family haven't seen Aunt Linda and our relatives closest to her in 10 years. My parents have also since retired and moved Florida.

I'm at the local gay bar the day the verdict comes out. And during our celebration, I feel an odd feeling. An epiphany of sorts that the Catholic teachings about marriage and sexuality and promiscuity all of a sudden feels overwhelmingly correct. I have no idea what to do and am incredibly confused about the situation... and for some reason, I go to Aunt Linda's house for the first time since I came out.

That begins her dream come true. She has me confess, puts me under lock-and-key, and transforms me into her ideal way of how a young lady should act and look -- prim, proper and respectful. And then she uses her power over me to end up making my mom see the err of her own ways... and, as a result, Aunt Linda gains power over the family dynamic and everyone soon has to kowtow to all of her demands, no matter how petty or small or grand.

I would love to do this with someone!

This sounds very interesting and well thought out! I'd love to participate for that matter. However, I have some questions for you:

*What year does this story generally take place? I'm concerned with the chronological events leading up to your character Aunt Linda taking power over the family. Now that your character (who's name I'd like to know) is an out Lesbian, how is she faring with Aunt Linda's tight grip over her family? Is she still frequenting gay bars in secret?

Also, would you be comfortable if I were to RP as a Trans*woman in this role play setting? I feel the dichotomy between your character and mine would be interesting!