News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Shadowrun 3rd Edition

Started by Hunter, November 28, 2009, 01:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CirclMastr

Yeah, my debate is that it would make him a tad too easy to find.  How many zeppelin riggers could there be in a given city at once?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

ReijiTabibito

Quick suggestion, as inspired by the game he's from.  He owns a Zeppelin, or similar aerial craft (gonna need to crank Resources up to max on this one, probably), but keeps it hidden away, to be used only in case of emergency (a la the Falcon), but he owns a few other vehicles as well.

CirclMastr

He's a Rigger, of course he'll have max Resources.  But the idea was to make the zeppelin his base of operations, a sort of flying fortress.
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Hunter

Yes, the game is still open.  And, no, I haven't gotten characters from anyone yet.

TheVillain

Working on that, studying the rule books.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Callie Del Noire

Trying to clear up my backlog of applications to have some time to work on the character.

l4urie

so game is still open?? Can we still send you a character?

Hunter

CirclMastr

I'm working out my vehicles.  Being a rigger, this takes a while.  But hopefully it will produce some fun toys.

And I've got a background worked out.  So I just need to stat him up and finish with vehicles.

TheVillain

You know, now was probably the worst possible time to try and learn a new system. I'm going to bow out before I screw this game up even more.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Hunter

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2009, 11:08:44 PM
You know, now was probably the worst possible time to try and learn a new system. I'm going to bow out before I screw this game up even more.

That's fine.   We'll likely still have a spot if you change your mind.

Hikari

If you're still looking for characters, I could throw one or two your way.  A couple of concepts off the top of my head:

(The) Widow: A shaman around whom rumors circulate at a tornado's pace, the Widow's reputation is largely a result of an eye for theatrics, but contains at least enough strange reality to keep the whispers going.  The lone survivor of at least two botched runs, one of which ended in a major manhunt for the involved parties on behalf of (then far more dangerous) Fuchi; due to her love of secrets and mysteries, she has never disclosed how she survived, and the shadows always assume the worst.  According to the stories, she's everything from a petro houngan or shedim in disguise to a blighted bug-spirit summoner.

The truth is that the Widow is a worshipper of the African spider trickster-god, a rare totem often mistakenly conflated with insect spirits, but actually quite the opposite.  The trickster revels in secrets and fear, and so she allows--even encourages--the rumors.  There is no question, however, that she is an extremely formiddable wielder of magic, particularly adept at using illusion and mentalism to 'weave her web', and whatever other stories may be told about her there's one underlying truth that keeps employers coming back: undeniable results.

Race: Human
Archetype: Shaman of the Spider Totem
Specialization: Illusion Magic

Stacey Loenheim, aka Vertigo: Stacey was born in Redmond back when it was a yuppy-infested playground for software tycoons and coffee giants.  She was just another blonde-haired, blue-eyed daughter of well-off Americans, more deeply invested in her gymnastics than anything else--a perfectly normal little girl, but for the fact she was born in the first wave of UGE babies, expressing as an elf.  Even so, she lead a happy and relatively stable, if sheltered, life, up until the race riots and VITAS tore Redmond apart at the seams.

Stacey was left orphaned at the age of ten.  Unable to continue her gymnastics in a professional capacity, she instead took her practice to the streets, falling into the freestlye 'sport' of city-running.  There's really no telling exactly when she Awakened; for her, it was all a natural and seamless progression of talent honed into acrobatic skill, with no clear divider for when her abilities crossed into the realm of the superhuman.  Stacey wouldn't learn she was what academics refer to as a 'physical adept' for years to come.

After coming of age and leaving the orphanage, the young Ms. Loenheim sought to make money doing the only thing she'd ever been any good at: running rooftops and getting into places she didn't belong.  Though most of her early work was as a courier, she eventually fell into catburglary and, once her skills came to the attention of a local fixer, infiltration for the sake of industrial espionage.

Vertigo, as her fellow shadowrunners have taken to calling her thanks in no small part to her death-defying stunts, has been in the business in some capacity for a long time, and learned most of the tricks of the trade.  Though a consumate professional, she remains a free-spirit at heart, vastly prefering a night of scaling high towers and walking tightropes to the violence and deception that often come part and parcel with the work.  Among the Seattle crowd, she's well-regarded as being a very 'clean' runner who prefers quiet, in-out jobs to shootouts.

Race: Elf
Archetype: Physical Adept
Specialization: Athletics and Stealth
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

ReijiTabibito

So far, I don't think we have any characters that do magic...so I think the Widow would fit in better.  Just my own two cents, though.

Hunter

Either is fine, just remember that it's not in Seattle.   :-)

Hikari

That's fine, I just don't know anything about Awakened Cincinnati, other than it's bound to be full of Illuminati, so I went with fairly standard plug-and-play backgrounds.  I noticed other players mentioned making a Sorcerer and Adept, respectively; are either of them still planning to play?  I can go with something more a little more unconventional if that's the case, to keep from stepping on toes.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Hunter

I've only received one character submission to date so there's plenty of room for development.

Hunter

I've only received two characters to date so there's still room if anyone wants to join.

CirclMastr

Submit characters, please!  I am eager to play!

Hunter

I'm closing out the game due to an apparent lack of interest.

Sorry to all who submitted characters.