Interest Check: Golden Sun RP [Most likely gonna be EX]

Started by Ex68471, April 10, 2010, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex68471

I was digging through my old video games the other day when I came across my copies of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. So, naturally I cleared a save file off of each and ran through them again for old times' sake. Lotta fun.

Anyways, I would like to organize a nice little roleplay in which, once again, Weyard is in peril and it is up to a group of adepts to go forth and save it. Anyone interested? If so, I'll work on fleshing out my idea a little more.

So far, I have this as the basic plot:

The elements themselves are turning against Weyard, threatening to pull it apart at the seams. A group of adepts have banded together to get to the bottom of what is happening, and stop it.

Yeah... Basic indeed.

Anyways, anyone interested?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

pendarious

i'd be in....though it's been ages since i played either one and since theyre both sitting at home whilst i'm out at college i can't play them to refresh my memory T_T though i remember a little. so if your willing to help me remember then i'm definietly in.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Ex68471

I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Ex68471

Bump: To post in a topic with the intention of moving it to the top of the topic list page.

pendarious

Ex68471

*hums quietly while waiting on someone else to show up*

pendarious

*sits sharpening a sword while waiting*

Wolfy

Do want! o3o....

Are all the male roles filled? lol

Ex68471

Well, I'm hoping for a minimum of four to start out, one female, the other three males, for the heroes' party, and from there we can either tack on more heroes or people can start playing villains.

And seeing as so far it's me, pen, and now you...

Yeah, I'd say there was at least one male role open. ;)

pendarious

*still sharpening sword* well.....i can play a female character *shrugs* doesn't bother me any.

Wolfy

3 males to one female, eh?...I smell some exciting scenes...xD

I'll join!

Ex68471

Quote from: Wolfy on April 28, 2010, 06:58:44 PM
3 males to one female, eh?...I smell some exciting scenes...xD

Honestly, I hadn't even thought about that aspect...

It would be interesting to see how our party reacts to age-old paradox of three beds only in the Inns, especially if we got a decent-sized party... o3o

Wolfy

Lol..we should totally do that...Only three beds! Everyone buddy up! xD

pendarious

*laughs* oh that's one of my favorite.....though ive had one worse....i forget what game it was but i went to the inn with a 5 member party and there was only one bed

Ex68471

I think this is going to end up going into EX... Mostly because I fully intend to have someone in the party find the Trainer's Whip eventually. o3o

pendarious

oh lord *laughs* yeah i'll prolly wind up playing a female water adept.

Ex68471

Wolfy

I'm not sure what I want to be..

Will you be allowing Futa/Hermaphrodite Characters?

I think I want to be either Wind or Earth, though.

Zebu

I'm extremely fond of Golden Sun, so I can't resist this.  Based on what everyone else is picking... I'll be a male Fire Adept.  Sound good?

Also, a few questions:
How long has it been since the lighthouses were lit?  Maybe 1000 years?
Are we playing on the normal Golden Sun map, or making it up as we go along?
Do you plan to design the entire plot yourself (a la a D&D DM), or will we take turns designing "areas" for the party, or will it be completely freeform?
Can I use Growth to tentacle-rape the water adept?
Will there be a minimum number of posts per day/week?
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

pendarious

hey you try raping me and your ass aint getting healed

Zebu

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Ex68471

Quote from: Wolfy on April 29, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Will you be allowing Futa/Hermaphrodite Characters?

Absolutely. Can't think of a reason why not. :-)

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 01:01:19 PM
I'm extremely fond of Golden Sun, so I can't resist this.  Based on what everyone else is picking... I'll be a male Fire Adept.  Sound good?

Also, a few questions:
How long has it been since the lighthouses were lit?  Maybe 1000 years?
Are we playing on the normal Golden Sun map, or making it up as we go along?
Do you plan to design the entire plot yourself (a la a D&D DM), or will we take turns designing "areas" for the party, or will it be completely freeform?
Can I use Growth to tentacle-rape the water adept?
Will there be a minimum number of posts per day/week?

All right, here we go...
Great, we could always use more players. :-)
I was actually thinking about 1000 years.
Normal map, however since 1000 years have passed, I was kicking around this whole "uber-powerful adept created some new continents" thing...
I was actually thinking of essantially playing this game freeform, but using my character and strategically sent PMs to direct the plot in the general direction it needs to go.
Of course you can, but you have to find a suitable plant to use Growth on, and you have to hope she's either really forgiving or into the kinky stuff so you get healed in the next boss battle. ;D
Not at all. I myself sometimes have problems getting online, and I try not to set those restrictions, because A) I don't want to break them, and B) sometimes you write your character into a place where you have to wait for the plot to advance before you can do something.

Any more questions? :D

Zebu

Quote from: Ex68471 on April 30, 2010, 05:17:49 PM
Great, we could always use more players. :-)
Alright!  So will there be an official character sheet?

QuoteI was actually thinking about 1000 years.
Normal map, however since 1000 years have passed, I was kicking around this whole "uber-powerful adept created some new continents" thing...
Alright.  There's no real reason to rely on godlike Psy, though.  After all, if the continents were shrinking before the lighthouses were lit, then it'd only make sense that they'd grow and change in the millennium after.

Any more questions? :D
How much of the plot do you already have worked out?  Basically what's in the intro post, or enough to make sure it'll never stall, or what?
Will players start together or "join the party" over time?
Are the Djinni wandering around, or do we assume that they're already traveling with someone?
Is Weyard still a dangerous, monster-filled world, or has it gotten safer? 
Has the technology level changed during the past 1000 years? 
Are adepts still a tiny, hidden minority or has the rise of Alchemy made them more common?  If Psyenergy is well-known, what is the prevailing attitude towards Adepts?
Is the world still pretty much city-states, or are there governing bodies with larger influence?
What sort of things might you put in a "strategic PM"?
Do all of these questions annoy you? :D

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 04:49:57 PM
What about the rest of me?

if i aint healin your ass what makes you think i'd heal the rest of your body?

*laughing*