MARVEL - A New Fate: Recruitment (Continually Recruiting)

Started by Veluux, October 30, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: LunarSage on January 23, 2013, 06:09:41 AM
So is there a list of who is taken? 

Nevermind, I found the list.

So, is there any particular history or rules that would prevent me from playing Thor, Magneto or Doctor Doom?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

apygoos

LunarSage

Crash

We don't have a Magneto anymore.  I would PM Vel about Dr. Doom and Thor so you can talk about power level. I thought there was a reason we did not have Dr. Doom but I could be wrong. 

Looking forword to the character Lunar!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Teranis

Yeah we lost the player of Magneto so at best I beleive that old magnet head will be a NPC now.

LunarSage

RedPhoenix

The reason you can't be Dr. Doom is that if he was in this dimension at the time he would have already beaten Apocalypse and we wouldn't have a game.

No seriously, Dr. Doom would be awesome. Warning, I am the #1 Dr. Doom fangirl.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

LunarSage

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 23, 2013, 07:28:53 PM
The reason you can't be Dr. Doom is that if he was in this dimension at the time he would have already beaten Apocalypse and we wouldn't have a game.

No seriously, Dr. Doom would be awesome. Warning, I am the #1 Dr. Doom fangirl.

Ooooh I am a total Doom fanboy so I get that, heh.

Only Thanos ranks above Doom as a villain in my book, but Thanos is overreachingly, sickeningly powerful for a game like this.

I can't wait to see Thanos in Avengers 2 though!  ;D

Doom though... here is but one reason why Doom is one of my favorites.   >:)

MaiMizzu

Wheneveri can post for colossus, I'm gonna start him in new york. If all goes to plan, I could have him end up near aunt may's house. Is that okay with you new york peeps?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Veluux

Quote from: Josietta on January 27, 2013, 02:12:24 PM
Ms Marvel has been completed and turned in.

And she has been added to the Character bios. Josietta, you're free to begin posting in NY!

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Kiric Rand

Oh I am so intrested in this, though i have one big question before I join. Would Iron Man be available (he is ny fav marvle hero since I started reading comics)
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Demi

Quote from: Kiric Rand on January 30, 2013, 02:07:10 AM
Oh I am so intrested in this, though i have one big question before I join. Would Iron Man be available (he is ny fav marvle hero since I started reading comics)

Sorry, Kiric, Iron Man has already been taken.
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

Kiric Rand

Well crud. Still intrested, just have to pick a different character I guess. Maybe War Machine if he's open.
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Veluux

Quote from: Kiric Rand on January 30, 2013, 02:35:58 AM
Well crud. Still intrested, just have to pick a different character I guess. Maybe War Machine if he's open.

Sorry again, he is already dead- killed off in Iron Man's first post.

Veluux

There is a list of the cast with who's taken already on the main recruitment thread, though Ill need to compile a list of the decseased.

Kiric Rand

Well my luck picking characters sucks XD

Last shot before I work to bring in an OC

But it's a two for. Penance or Gambit?
[Floatright]
[/float]

Veluux

Quote from: Kiric Rand on January 30, 2013, 06:09:33 AM

Last shot before I work to bring in an OC

But it's a two for. Penance or Gambit?

Both alive and available! Third times a charm!

Off to work be back in twelve.

LunarSage

Just curious?  Speedball Pennance or the Generation X chick?

Didn't we say that Civil War didn't happen here?  Or am I thinking of a different game?

Kiric Rand

So it would indeed seem.

Well if both are alive, not the tough choice is which one.

*flips a coin, only to remember is a double head coin*

Well that was pointless. So I think I'll to with Penance, simply because I would so wcrew up the caijun speak

I was thinking speedball version.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Veluux

Quote from: Kiric Rand on January 30, 2013, 06:15:31 AM
So it would indeed seem.

Well if both are alive, not the tough choice is which one.

*flips a coin, only to remember is a double head coin*

Well that was pointless. So I think I'll to with Penance, simply because I would so wcrew up the caijun speak

I was thinking speedball version.

Ahh... the Masked Marvel. An interesting choice. I only know about him because I am a huge fan of Nova - and the two have had some past affiliations while Nova was with the New Warriors. Great character, with a completely different skill/power set than anything we have in the game at the moment. I like it!

Go ahead and start working up a bio based on the template I have in the first post of this thread. Also make sure you've read all the GM updates up until this point - they can be found in the main directory as separate posts. Keep your history moderately brief. This is an alternate universe - so most major marvel events have not happened (different superhuman wars and events - like the registration act and the Civil War, etc). Try to stick primarily to his origin, only include interactions with other heroes/villains if it has had a major impact on the core of his character.

Once you get that to me I'll round-table PM the GMs with it and we'll either approve it - or send it back for changes/edits.

Thanks!

MaiMizzu

Quote from: Kiric Rand on January 30, 2013, 06:09:33 AM

Yeah, sorry about that Kiric. I play Tony Stark, and I'm kind of responsible for killing Rhodey in my first post.

So if there's anything I can help with or anything, just let me know. I have a pretty good knowledge of comic stuff.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Kiric Rand

<---- marvel nut

Though, i might take gambit over penance, since I'm not sure hiw penance would work in an e game.... though if apoc is involved Angel might make sense.
[Floatright]
[/float]

MaiMizzu

Penance would be an interesting character, but I would think tricky in this whole scheme. Gambit is always fun, but I think Angel... well Archangel too would be awesome. The only thing is, in our continuity, no one has heard of Apocalypse. For all intents and purposes, this is the first time anyone has heard of him. So he never fought X-Factor. Now maybe you could change the background a little. Like say things happened the way they did for Angel up to a point. Like he wanted to kill himself cause he didn't have his wings anymore, and that's when Apocalypse took him. Changed him to Archangel. I do believe all of the hoursemen are accounted for, though. but apocalypse did have that second group, riders of the storm i think. They were the baddies in my all time favorite single issue of a comic book. When X-Factor was on the blue area of the moon. So anywho.. apocalypse could alter archangel, he'd have all the same background as angel and all, but he wouldn't be unleashed on the world till now. Maybe he's like a special operative for apocalypse. Nemesis Enforcer comes to mind (G.I. Joe reference there). Just a thought.

I need to get a life. all of that came out way to easy from my head.