A World and a story - A co-operative story...sort of.

Started by Jester, October 05, 2006, 11:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Hi there

I have recently pulled out of all my games and declared i was leaving this site. However I have had a slight change of heart.

I am keen to try something new. Something huge...something different...something epic.   I want to build a world but not through gaming and roleplaying but through short stories.

We would be writing by ourselves but we would all be in the same setting/world and the stories might merge and they might not.

This is not about gaming. This is about telling a story and creating a setting. There is no GM and there is no pre-defined world.

We will start small and slowly weave a story that could be immense. As the world begins to flesh out we might allow more people to write more stories and flesh the story out more and more. I am looking at posting once or twice a week.

I am happy to discuss a basic world to start with people who are interested.

My first thoughts were that the two stories would start in a Quarry. Everyone is a prisoner. Even the guards are prisoners because no one is allowed out of the quarry. The guards are from the outside but are forbidden to discuss the outside world and are such given positions of authority. The two stories start with young people who were born in the quarry and have spent most of their life digging and mining and completely unaware of life outside the quarry. However their destinies awate and soon they will experience life outside the towering prison walls of the quarry.