News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wii Fit?

Started by Madalina, June 30, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madalina

Looking for some comments/reviews of Wii Fit. I have been thinking of getting it since I've been stepping up my fitness routine.

What are your favorite parts and what parts do you hate?  O8)

Paladin

Ok My mother got the Wii fit and a Wii for her Bday. I thought I'd try it thinking its just a fun game its not gonna help me. I was wrong. So far I've lost about 10 lbs and an inch from my waist. Grated I don't use it every day. It sure as hell suprised me, and it is very fun to use. I enjoy excercising on it beacuse the games make things interesting.

consortium11

I quite enjoyed it when I played around on a mates, but there are issues; bmi isn't a reliable way of checking health/weight, some of its yoga and strength based workouts are pretty poor (and aren't great for demonstrating form), the running events don't deal with the risks associated with high impact training and it doesn't really deal with the idea of an effective warm-up.

As an exercise tool studies have shown it's only really effective for those who live a sedentiary life outside of it; it makes no real difference if you already have an averagely active lifestyle.

That said... it's still fun and every little helps. Don't expect it to really do anything for you longterm, but it's a good start and could well be a solid place to build up your base fitness level. Still if the choice is between doing a half hour Wii Fit session and a half hour of "real" exercise, the "real" exercise will be better for you... but Wii Fit isn't bad.

It's good for what it is; a fun game that hopefully gets some people exercising who otherwise wouldn't and does some things quite well (I've heard great reports on its aerobic type exercises), but don't see it as a replacement for a traditional exercise regime.

I'm interested to see what they do with it next though: surely downloadable exercises (possibly even user generated) should be the next step.

Paladin

There is an EA game that usese the Wii Fit. The game itself is made for people who are more active and is better than the game that comes with the Wii Fit itself.

Madalina

I've heard something about being able to put the controller in your pocket when you go jogging and when you return wii fit will tell you how many steps you took and an estimate of calories burned.

Is that true?  ;D