Possible virus

Started by BitterSweet, June 23, 2013, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitterSweet

Not sure where to mention this so I thought I'd just drop it here:

When I stopped by the first page of the 'fit/strong women' in finders and seekers I got a threat pop-up from my avg virus protection.

It said it was a 'Iframe type 1707)'.

Beguile's Mistress

Did it give any source information, an url link or something of that sort?

Vekseid

Quote from: BitterSweet on June 23, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
Not sure where to mention this so I thought I'd just drop it here:

When I stopped by the first page of the 'fit/strong women' in finders and seekers I got a threat pop-up from my avg virus protection.

It said it was a 'Iframe type 1707)'.

If you can tell us which page you're browsing and what site triggered the warning we can remove the offending hotlink.

BitterSweet

This is the page:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=54017.0

but I'm not getting it now, so I'm not sure what message my AVG virus blocker was giving me.

Vekseid

It's not caused by anything on Elliquiy, but if someone hotlinks an image from a site that later gets hijacked, that site gets flagged by various programs checking for things, and any pages that include content from that site (like a thread here) will see a warning like that.

It's also possibly that the site owner resolved it before you checked the thread again.

Beguile's Mistress

As Veks said when you get a warning like that make a note of the link the warning is about or the source url - even a screen shot helps - then report it and the thread like to staff.  We can take care of it with enough information.