Shattered Star [Pathfinder]

Started by BraveEarth, May 26, 2013, 12:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraveEarth

Curious if anyone would like for me to run the Shattered Star Adventure Path. Post here is interested so I can gauge the level of interest. I really need to remember a synonym for the word interest.

Current Party Makeup

1. Koram Whitehall - PhantomPistoleer Ranged Martial CG
2. Runt- Callie Del Noire Skill Rogue CG
3. Keta Ruko - Autocad Reach Cleric of Shelyn N
4. Sarvin - EFA Magus N
5. Alyssa Frostborn - AndyZ Wildblooded Sorcerer CG
6. Mirim - Muse Dervish of the Dawn CG

Muse

Oh!  There's a path I haven't tried yet. 

How fast would you want to run?  If you don't want multiple posts a day, please count me in.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mysterica

Well, I'm not familiar with the path at all, but I may would be interested in joining a new pathfinder tame, and just playing along regardless.  So long as a little background info is provided I could play.

BraveEarth

Muse I am a slowish poster myself and with school this summer and looking for a job I will probably won't be doing multiple posts per day.

Background Info shall be provided as soon as I see enough interest.

Question Mark

Voicing interest.  Never heard of it before, and it's been a while concerning Pathfinder...  But I'm always down for a good adventure!

NicciKotor

Horray! New PF game!

What is shattered star? One of the pre-made campaigns?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Autocad

TheRaven

Count me in. I kind of want to give a new Barbarian archetype a spin.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

BraveEarth

Alright Background information and Character Gen stuff.

You are newly recruited Pathfinder Society members, shipped off to the Pathfinder lodge in Varisia. Headed by Shelia Heidmarch the only Venture Captain of the lodge. There are rumors of The Society building up defenses after the rise and fall of the Rune Lord Karzoug. The Lodge situated in the city of Magnimar which is where you start having received an invitation.

Greetings fellow seeker of adventure!

I am Shelia Heidmarch, Venture Captain of the newest Pathfinder Society lodge-and the only such lodge in Varisia at this time. You have come to my attention as someone who possesses a certain amount of skills and interests that make you an excellent addition to a highly specialized team I'm putting together for a matter of grave import, not only to the Society, but to Varisia as a whole. Please report an hour before noon to Heidmarch Manor-you will be compensated for your visit but that reward will pale in light of the riches that await you should we come to an agreement on my proposition to you. I look forward to meeting you soon!

-Shelia Heidmarch

Character Generation shall be 6 people in total, first does not mean taken the best 6 will get in. So please take your time.

15 Point Buy

2 Traits

150 Gold.

No Third Party Material.

PhantomPistoleer

A Ranger From the North:
Ghost (Koram Whitehall)
Adventurer, Explorer, Soldier and Ex-Convict;
12 HP (Current 12); AC 15;

Character Creation:  Ghost is a prototypical ranger.  He has the throw-away skills, like Knowledge (Nature) and Heal, and he is ultra-inconsistent in combat.  Like most rangers, Ghost will have to forage for basic equipment.  I should say that I really enjoy playing a one-trick pony, and that's pretty much what Ghost is. 

Character Background:  Koram Whitehall, the Defendant of the Case presented before the Court today, has hitherto plead guilty to the Act of Murder.  By Order of the Laws that Bind US, Koram Whitehall is sentenced with compulsory service in the Defense of OUR KING'S BORDERS, until a time of SEVEN YEARS is completed, or until he be found DEAD.  Furthermore, Koram Whitehall shall earn a standard wage to be paid in full to the VICTIM'S family.

Character Appearance:  Ghost is a tall, handsome man, with an emaciated complexion materialized and expounded by the horrors of the wild.  He has been exposed to inclement weather and has endured long periods of time without food.  His face is worn and battered, and features a flattened nose bridge from multiple broken noses.

Character History:

I found myself hovering over a dying young man in a small cave during a blizzard.  His body could not endure the cold.  I could not help him, but I attempted to alleviate his pain by distracting him with the story of my life.  I am succinct by nature, but recognized the need to embellish.  Since I am not naturally inclined to embellish either, I was forced to examine the events that led me here.  So I told him my tragic story, with all of its cumbersome folds.  How I was raised by a close-knit family that was missing its scion.  My father disappeared mysteriously before I was born.  I invested precious time telling him about all of the theories people in my tiny village had about what happened.  Some were far-fetched, but entertaining.  I thought I heard him laugh, but perhaps he simply coughed.  I went on to tell him about how difficult it was to be brought up to be like a man you never knew.  I told him about the girls, the adventures in the woods, the chores.  It was tiring, but upon reflection, it wasn't so bad.  I told him that, too.  I realized that it wasn't so bad.  I hope he realized that, too.  About his life, I mean.

I told him about how I killed that man.  I told him that I didn't regret it, but I didn't mean it.  I told him how he was my best friend when we were growing up, and that one thing led to another and that a girl got involved.  I spent a great deal of time telling him about how much I loved her.  I think everyone has a girl they all think the world of, but all of that world-building doesn't ever pan out.  I took that poor lad from the furthest reaches of misery to the highest peaks of exultation.  That's how my emotions flow when I think back on her.  I don't let my memories reside there often on account of all the fatigue brought upon by my punishment, but when I get the time, I like to go there, even with the pain.  In a way, his dying allowed me to reminisce.  And for a while, I was rejoicing at the poor lad's situation.

Then, I told him about all of my adventures in the brush.  Battling the undead, stealing from the quartermaster, fending off enemy scouts.  Most of my sentence was spent in sheer boredom, accompanied by hunger and cold.  None of it was fun, and anything that departed from the usual routine was dreadful.  He knew that.  I told him about that little boy we had to execute because he felled a deer in the King's Forest.  You know, I've seen some crazy things in the brush.  But was the worst.  I had to hold his father back.  The dying lad in that cave had to hold the little boy down while the commander killed him.  I told him that I didn't fault him for doing it, or crying about it afterwards.  But the fellow was dead when I said that.

Letters from the Front:

Dearest Aunt Mildred,

I am writing to express to you my sincerest gratitude for your gift in the form of studded leather armor and a longsword.  Both were extensively appreciated, and served me well during my commission against the living dead.  Yes, I am content to report that I have officially been repatriated as a civilian, as the course of my sentence has been fulfilled, and I have earned my freedom after being pressed for military service.  I have joined the Pathfinder Society as a wayfarer and explorer, but it does not pay much.  It does provide a living, and I am certain that as my sagacity grows, my duties and responsibilities shall increase, too.  In that, I hope to make my father proud.

That may sound odd to you, since you have always thought me to be indifferent towards my father.  Without speaking much on the subject, let me assure you that I have always felt displaced in your care.  Of that, you aren't at fault.  You did your best, and I am sorry for everything I have done.  I do retain an ounce of fondness for the parents whom you know I never met, though.  You speak so kindly of them, though I know you never much liked my mother.  I read your old letters.  But I cannot blame you.  I understand why you disliked her.

I wish I had met them, though.  Everything I have ever read of my father is fantastic literature.  He was bold, brave and good.  I hope to emulate my career after his...  I simply hope that I do not disappear like he did at the end.  It is funny, that is my greatest fear.  To disappear, without a word, into the darkness.

But I do not like to think about those things.  I would like to remain wholly optimistic about my career.  I have become more than a novice with swords, and am deemed a competent tactician by my wardens.  They say that I have a natural inclination for all of nature's facets and a force of charisma that fosters companionship in man-eating animals!  At any rate, I have also found something of a passion in mapmaking.  I enjoy charting the edges of coasts, and hope to spend a part of my stipend on ink for the task.

I should like to write to you later, Aunt Mildred.  You are so very dear to me.

With Love,

Koram.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

BraveEarth

A nice start Phantom I really like what I see so far. I will say you're off to a good start, just a bit curious why Desna? It makes a bit of sense with his demeanor I just want to confirm.

PhantomPistoleer

Basically, I needed a Chaotic Good God.  It could've been anyone.

In story, he placed his faith in Desna to keep him safe, since it seemed to him that ANYONE could have been killed in the brush at ANYTIME.  That, and he longed for his freedom.  Since Desna is the Goddess of Luck and Freedom, it seemed to me to be a perfect choice for a convict.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'm interested as well and hoping there is still room.

Muse

If no one else is doing a cleric type, I'll sign up for it. 

If someone else is, I'd like to present a paladin or a mage. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

You always get saddled with the Cleric Muse. <<;;

EDIT: A Cleric isn't necessary for fun BTW

EroticFantasyAuthor

Right now I have no particular concept in mind, often filling a gap in party role helps me to decide.

AndyZ

EFA, if you want Cleric, you can nab it to make sure that Muse won't get stuck with it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

I've got a sorceress in the works but need to work out the kinks.  I'm doing the sheet now, though, since I'll have an easier time doing the story than the sheet while working.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=579080

TheRaven

I've got a sheet all done for Bram, and I've got backstory in the works as we speak.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Muse

Question Mark

I'm thinking a wizard at the moment, an archeology and anthropology type of fellow with an Indiana Jones vibe.  I'll have something soon.

AndyZ

?, I'm good with there being a wizard if you're good with my playing a sorceress ^_^ I realize there's some overlap there.

Question Mark

I have no problem with overlap, personally.  I actually have a sorcerer character I've been wanting to use for a while, but I wasn't sure if our GM would be groovy with two sorcerers.  Mine's a more martial sort of magic user, but still, I know a lot people like their parties diverse.

@Brave: I don't know why I didn't ask this in the last post, but is it alright if there are two sorcerers?

AndyZ

I can just make something else if you want the slot ^_^