News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SapphireStar

Apparently, General Zod didn't die in Man of Steel. He's appearing in Batman V. Superman, complete with a new outfit. I thought Superman killed him in Man of Steel? According to the article, his costume has new additions like flipper-like appendages. Some speculate that he is transformed into Doomsday. Seriously?! The plot keeps growing with more and more characters that don't make sense.

In the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a a few episodes they did some clean up after events of the Battle in New York and the battle Thor had with Malachi. They revealed a blue skin alien was the key to the project T.A.H.I.T.I. which brought Coulson back, and was revealed to have been a project Pierce (Robert Redford's character) had been involved with helming. Think they mentioned there were several blue skinned aliens. The Jitari. Kree. And, few others. Speculation was that the alien was a Kree.

CaptainNexus616

Wonder who resurrected Zod or are they going with the whole Healing Coma deal Superman did following his 'death' in the comics.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

SapphireStar

Probably resurrected by Lex Luthor and Amanda Waller. In the Justice League cartoon, they created Doomsday througn cloning. When he didn't obey, they tried to get rid of him and when the Justice Lords appeared, Superman lobotomized him. Though Doomsday healed later on to go after SUperman again.

CaptainNexus616

How long is this movie even going to be?! It will have to run a Lord of the Rings three hour length just to get anything done.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

SapphireStar

Probably normal time. Probably roughly the same length as Man of Steel.

mia h

Quote from: Mathim on August 21, 2015, 07:04:19 PM
I thought she got fucked up so badly she was talking about retiring? Now she and Hunter are back, but no longer affiliated with the new SHIELD? I mean, I know this is a universe with superheroes but don't normal people recover from otherwise debilitating injuries a bit too quickly and completely, without this being explicitly addressed as the norm for their universe?
Few things to remember; Nick Blood and Adrianne Palicki have been listed as part of the season three cast since May, so Bobbi was never retiring. Add in that the show has only just been announced, it definitely won't go into production for a fall premiere and it will take a minor miracle to get everything ready for a mid-season start. The mid-season start is also doubtful because of the return of Agent Carter. So maybe Most Wanted might be ready for a summer start, summer shows generally don't get good viewing figures. So the spin-off might be ready for fall 2016.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

In part 2 of S.O.S., Bobbi Morse told Coulson and team that she can no longer handle life as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent after her encounter with Ward, and ended with her and Hunter discussing an uncertain future. In the comics, Mockingbird was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent for a time then left later marrying Hawkeye and becoming a member of the West Coast Avengers. After events of Season 2, she and Hunter will probably be hunting the Most Wanted threats like Ward and other Hydra agents still on the loose as well as other individuals.

Depending on how the shooting schedule is, they could begin filming around the fall/winter. They usually get several episodes done before setting a time and date. Most Wanted could possibly air after Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. like CBS did with NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles started. They were both back to back during regular season. Or, they could have Most Wanted up and ready for a summer 2016 run while Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is done for the season taking their Tuesday timeslot. My guess is they'll do ten to thirteen episode first season to see how it does, and premiere around June 2016.

Mathim

Quote from: mia h on August 22, 2015, 02:19:41 AM
Few things to remember; Nick Blood and Adrianne Palicki have been listed as part of the season three cast since May, so Bobbi was never retiring. Add in that the show has only just been announced, it definitely won't go into production for a fall premiere and it will take a minor miracle to get everything ready for a mid-season start. The mid-season start is also doubtful because of the return of Agent Carter. So maybe Most Wanted might be ready for a summer start, summer shows generally don't get good viewing figures. So the spin-off might be ready for fall 2016.

I wasn't questioning the legitimacy, I was questioning the logic. And they don't just have those tissue-regeneration machines lying around everywhere (and Barton's own wife said she felt a difference in the repaired skin). I just felt so bad for her taking so much torture from Ward and then taking a bullet for Hunter, nearly dying for the umpteenth time because she gets so up-close and personal while most of the rest of the team just uses guns or whatever. If they are going to be alive and kicking, I'd rather they stick with SHIELD. With all the independent heroes happening on Netflix, having a couple of solo acts on regular TV just doesn't seem like it could be done as well. Especially if they're not 'super'. They were a real strength for AoS in season 2, and they need humans like that to balance all the super people they're going to be recruiting.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Yes just yes. Now if she was in the Ms. Marvel outfit? EVEN MORE YES

SapphireStar

It is possible that there is more of the serum which had been used on Skye when she had been shot by Quinn. The serum was from the Project T.A.H.I.T.I.. Coulson had been hesitant to use it as the side-effects were unknown. When it was used on him, he started drawing those alien symbols, but Skye didn't seem to have the same side effects that he did, possibly because she was technically an Inhuman. Coulson could have used something from the Toolbox Fury gave him to find something to heal Mockingbird. He has been rebuilding a base. They'll probably reveal how she was healed later on.

The Flash played by Ezra Miller is still listed as rumored to be appearing in Batman V. Superman. This movie seems to be more of a vehicle to spotlight each character before their own individual movies. Kinda doing things a bit backward.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 22, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
It is possible that there is more of the serum which had been used on Skye when she had been shot by Quinn. The serum was from the Project T.A.H.I.T.I.. Coulson had been hesitant to use it as the side-effects were unknown. When it was used on him, he started drawing those alien symbols, but Skye didn't seem to have the same side effects that he did, possibly because she was technically an Inhuman. Coulson could have used something from the Toolbox Fury gave him to find something to heal Mockingbird. He has been rebuilding a base. They'll probably reveal how she was healed later on.

The Flash played by Ezra Miller is still listed as rumored to be appearing in Batman V. Superman. This movie seems to be more of a vehicle to spotlight each character before their own individual movies. Kinda doing things a bit backward.

I thought the last of the dead Kree's blood serum was used on Garrett in the end of season 1? Well there's bound to be more mystic mumbo-jumbo to heal folks.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SapphireStar

It was supposed to be, but who knows how many serums were extracted from the lab? It is highly possible some are unaccounted for. The storage fridge seemed a bit empty when they arrived at the secret location. Plus, it was pretty much deserted. Pierce probably had some transferred to his care and hidden it somewhere. Fury probably took some vials too. Sort of the last resort use if all else fails.

There are so many possibilities. Healing waters. Mystic healers. Blood from someone who has a healing factor made into a serum. There is possibly someone within the Inhuman group who has the ability to heal. Cloning. Advanced alien technology.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 23, 2015, 11:13:39 AM
It was supposed to be, but who knows how many serums were extracted from the lab? It is highly possible some are unaccounted for. The storage fridge seemed a bit empty when they arrived at the secret location. Plus, it was pretty much deserted. Pierce probably had some transferred to his care and hidden it somewhere. Fury probably took some vials too. Sort of the last resort use if all else fails.

There are so many possibilities. Healing waters. Mystic healers. Blood from someone who has a healing factor made into a serum. There is possibly someone within the Inhuman group who has the ability to heal. Cloning. Advanced alien technology.

Well don't forget, a Kree actually showed up on Earth and temporarily reset Sif's memories (could have had a lot more fun with that if they'd let it go more than one episode) so one or more ways to get back in touch with them are possible for more blood transfusions and whatnot.

SapphireStar

The Kree could be a lead in to the Captain Marvel movie. If I remember correctly, Carol Danvers had an encounter with Kree which gave her the original powers she had. Then she lost her powers to Rogue. Got powers back to become Binary. Returned to being Ms. Marvel/Warbird (name change briefly). She took over the Captain Marvel role from the previous one.

Having the Kree appear, I wonder if they will bring in the Skrull and Shi'Ar. They should have used Super Skrull for the Fantastic Four movie. I wonder if Fantastic Four would have been better suited for tv? That way they can crossover with Daredevil and the other shows?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 23, 2015, 08:36:05 PM
The Kree could be a lead in to the Captain Marvel movie. If I remember correctly, Carol Danvers had an encounter with Kree which gave her the original powers she had. Then she lost her powers to Rogue. Got powers back to become Binary. Returned to being Ms. Marvel/Warbird (name change briefly). She took over the Captain Marvel role from the previous one.

Having the Kree appear, I wonder if they will bring in the Skrull and Shi'Ar. They should have used Super Skrull for the Fantastic Four movie. I wonder if Fantastic Four would have been better suited for tv? That way they can crossover with Daredevil and the other shows?

Mar-Vell was a big part of Carol getting her powers and the Kree were responsible for the Inhumans. Carol herself is half Kree after being knocked into a device during Mar-Vell's battle with Yon-Rogg. Which is why I would have liked them to do a movie about Mar-Vell first since he's a big part of her history. I kind of dread how they're going to explain her powers, because if they use her dad or mom being Kree they'd have to go into white and blue Kree. Rowdy Rousy is a second worry... I know she hasn't been cast, and I am a fan of hers but I'd like to see her get some more films under her belt. Still she can't be any worse then Hulk Hogan...

On a side note caught Stephen Amell's wrestling debut tonight.... Was quite interesting...

SapphireStar

They could possibly pick elements from the different universes Carol Danvers exists in to create the character for the movie. Rousy has the fighting ability, but she needs to be able to carry a feature length movie. I could live with possibly Charlize Theron, she is a solid actress. Another who could be a possible contender, Laura Vanderoot who played Kara on Smallville. She is currently playing the main character, Elena, in the Bitten tv series.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 23, 2015, 08:36:05 PM

I would think the Shii'ar would fall under Fox's X-Men umbrella (could be wrong) and god only knows if Fox will finally give the F4 back after that last embarrassment. I mean, has anyone seen the recent Honest Trailer about the 2000's F4 movies? It pretty much succinctly says that would be the best idea. Also the Skrulls would be better back in the hands of Marvel so the Kree-Skrull war can be part of the lore and maybe lend itself to how Danvers gets her powers if they don't want to do some of the different biologies (same with Thanos' people, the blue Titans).

I still really want to see her meeting Steve Rogers and them acknowledging each other as 'Captain'.

SapphireStar

The Shii'Ar crossed several titles. They had encounters with numerous superheroes and superhero teams like Avengers and I believe Fantastic Four as well. Deathcry was a Shii'Ar who was a member of the Avengers for a short while. The Starjammers led by Christopher Summers (Cyclops and Havok's father) operated in space, for a while Carol Danvers was a part of their team as Binary.

Skrulls were cross titles too. They could do Eternals like Selene. Would be great if they used the Hellfire Club in the TV shows.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 24, 2015, 01:48:49 PM
The Shii'Ar crossed several titles. They had encounters with numerous superheroes and superhero teams like Avengers and I believe Fantastic Four as well. Deathcry was a Shii'Ar who was a member of the Avengers for a short while. The Starjammers led by Christopher Summers (Cyclops and Havok's father) operated in space, for a while Carol Danvers was a part of their team as Binary.

Skrulls were cross titles too. They could do Eternals like Selene. Would be great if they used the Hellfire Club in the TV shows.

But the Hellfire Club was in First Class, so that's definitely owned by Fox. Hopefully if Fox dumps their Fantastic Four connection and focuses on their strength, the X-Men franchise, we'll finally get to see awesome shit like space travel, the Savage Land, etc. It sure as hell makes more sense to just do spin-offs of their main money-making and critically acclaimed series than take bad risks on something people have been harping at them to give back to Marvel for ages. I mean, they're already making a lot of people cream their pants with the Deadpool movie, so there's tons of other great characters to give their own big screen treatment that people will probably go for.

SapphireStar

They could do X-Force with Cable, Excalibur, The Runaways, Exiles, AoA, The New Warriors. Heroes for Hire (though it might be better suited for tv since Luke Cage was a member).

I came across a news article last night that appears to confirm Marisa Tomei will be appearing in a cameo role as Aunt May in Captain America: Civil War. Is it me, or is the movie starting to fall into the same character overload as Batman v. Superman? Civil War should at least be broken up into at least a two-part movie, or even make it an epic trilogy.

CaptainNexus616

I'm questioning the same thing. This may work better though because a majority of these characters have already been introduced and fleshed out a bit unlike Dawn of Justice.

That said this is still reeking of being over packed.

Honestly this should have been an Avenger's movie instead of a Captain America movie. Especially all of the new team and old team with the exception of Thor and Hulk are appearing.

SapphireStar

It feels more like an Avengers movie then a straight up Captain America movie. I guess they want this third movie to be the biggest one so Chris Evans's character goes out in epic style since he said he was leaving acting a while back. Their best option would have made into at least a trilogy.

Hearing rumblings that there are some who want Jennifer Lawerence to play Captain Marvel. Guess since technically Mystique isn't part of the Avengers/Spider-Man, etc side of the MCU it would be alright. Alice Eve might be interesting candidate for Carol Danvers.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 25, 2015, 02:39:22 PM
They could do X-Force with Cable, Excalibur, The Runaways, Exiles, AoA, The New Warriors. Heroes for Hire (though it might be better suited for tv since Luke Cage was a member).

I came across a news article last night that appears to confirm Marisa Tomei will be appearing in a cameo role as Aunt May in Captain America: Civil War. Is it me, or is the movie starting to fall into the same character overload as Batman v. Superman? Civil War should at least be broken up into at least a two-part movie, or even make it an epic trilogy.

Starting to fall into that? It's been that way since I can remember, the cast was at least half a dozen Avenger-level peeps on IMDB from very early on. There are at least 11 main hero-level characters as of now, and that's not including side characters like Sharon Carter and whoever Martin Freeman is playing, plus General Ross, and not including Crossbones or Zemo as the villains. I'd be surprised if this doesn't turn into a bloated mess like Age of Ultron. They've got most of the characters we've already seen before and have had some backstory but now Black Panther, Spidey, Zemo and Martin Freeman's characters are going to have to get in some of that too and there's just no room for that in a movie that isn't theirs. The twins in AoU had little if any time for that and it was over so fast nobody gave a crap about
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quicksilver dying.

Marvel needs to figure out that the amount of applause they got when they announced Infinity War was going to be in two parts means that people will shell out money for their stuff even if they constantly split things up, but better if they do it just a few months apart. If they give us BETTER product by doing this, using the same amount of work and just making it into longer movies with story as filler instead of special effects, they'll make MORE money, and faster too.

Think about it:
Released in early May is Avengers II - Part One: Rise of Ultron, released in late June or early/mid-July is Avengers II - Part Two: Age of Ultron (between the two films there should be some time elapsed to show Ultron being untouchable and requiring a different approach, that way it isn't just about half a week of Ultron...) And finally Ant-Man gets an October or November release and a few extra months to tidy up since they were rushed and could have used a bit more smoothing out. Win-freakin'-win, right?

Then...

Captain America III - Part One: Patriot Act (or some such 'trouble brewing' sort of title) / Captain America III - Part Two: Civil War (full blown conflict title to let you know it's gotten serious, so if you missed the first one, you'll quickly rectify that).

Seriously, that would have been the best-case scenario, wouldn't it? Why not at least say they're 'toying' with the idea of this and get fan reactions to see if they ought to try it on for size before their climactic yet realistically too-soon-for-that-kind-of-story Avengers finale? Do they not have market analysts hissing in their ears about this? They've already proven they're willing to take risks and succeed in them with Guardians, so...come on, Feige, be a bro already.

mia h

And The Flash adds another speedster to seaason 2 with the addition of Violett Beane as Jesse Quick. Although hopefully with a slightly different costume.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mathim

Quote from: mia h on August 26, 2015, 03:11:22 AM
And The Flash adds another speedster to seaason 2 with the addition of Violett Beane as Jesse Quick. Although hopefully with a slightly different costume.

Have they done anything with Max Mercury yet? I think I saw him in the comics and he was Bart Allen's mentor for a while.