Seeking more host volunteers for monster cultural exchange program!

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 07, 2016, 01:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

The main info is found on first post in this thread.

Game got started very well and I was hiatus long while during christmas and holidays but we have lost some hosts and we have now some hostless hot looking monster girls. So we need more hosts! Also naturally we still use BESM 3th edition for reference in regards abilities what monsters have (or what humans may have). Also combat is possible and I am more comfortable using established system for that.

mannik

Hello there! I'm one of the current players in the RP and figured I'd take the opportunity to say hi and try to help advertise and gain interest for the game. What better way to do that than to introduce my poor little monster who is currently without a host of her own?

Her name is Renoa, she's a hell hound from a tribal society located somewhere in the forests of the united states. Her tribe is migratory and moves around a lot, so only they really know where they are at any given time. She's a very affectionate and rambunctious girl who got herself in some trouble by being a little too playful with her first host and ruining a pair of perfectly good panties in the process. Terribly awkward for all involved.

She can be a bit quirky at times, and is often confounded by the technological world she finds herself in now. The sudden transition from her primitive life style to modern Japan has caused quite a bit of culture shock for the poor hound as everything around her seems to conflict with the natural world she is used to. She particularly doesn't like the requirement of wearing clothes in public, and is confused by humans and their apparent fear of nudity, quick to point out that it is the most natural thing in the world.

So far she has proven herself to be one of the most sexually aggressive monster girls in the program, which lead to the trouble with her first host. It is expected that she will only grow more so as the full moon approaches, her body entering a state of heat in tune with the lunar cycle. It is suggested that you secure any objects that are even remotely phallic in shape that might be lying around your home, lest they be used in vain attempts to sooth her heated needs.

After the incident with her first host, M.O.N. has fitted her with a shock collar to help keep her under control. However, it has yet to be fully tested and may not prove sufficient to actually stop her from having her way with anyone with a penis during the height of her approaching heat.

It is also suggested that any host who takes her in keep a fire extinguisher handy. While it's unlikely that she'd intentionally burn down your house, she is a hell hound, fire and brimstone is a part of her very soul.

---

Also, I would point out that now is the perfect time to jump into the game. The scene at hand is a little get together hosted by M.O.N. so that hosts and monsters alike can mingle with others in the program, so it'll be easy to jump right in either as a late addition to the party or as a wall flower who had been too shy to approach any of the other characters until now.

I'm sure both Zaer, myself, or the other current players will be more than happy to help catch you up on the events of the party itself. You need only ask.

Zaer Darkwail

Also some players are savy in BESM 3th edition rules and can help in chargen besides myself for those new to BESM system.

Revelation

I believe I had expressed interest in this a while ago - but real life swallowed up my free time rather viciously at that time. I'd like to play the part of a host then. I am somewhat familiar with the BESM 3e rules and while I think I may have a rulebook around here somewhere, i'd probably need some help making a character that's not awful out loud. But i'd be very much interested in playing a host.

The idea of playing  foreigner of sorts hosting a monster sounds fun, someone who already knows that being a stranger in a strange land can be hard, so is seeking to make it easier for someone else. Family moved there when he was a kid so despite living there most of his life, even he has a few challenges now and then, just a thought.

Zaer Darkwail

So, like american single dad meets japanese woman, marries her and then moves to Japan with his son who is treated as ganji (foreigner) despite stepmother is japanese sort a deal?

Revelation

Yeah, it's not too different from what can happen... Just he'll have to deal with monster girls as well! He'd have much more western features from his dad, than ones from his mom, hence the treatment.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, so biologically your host is half-japanese and half-foreign? I think that is supposed to be hot deal in Japan but then he grew to look more western than mixed breed :P. Anycase to help with chargen you need tell me (even if PM if not want reveal stuff about your char) much as possible about your human char. In past we have allowed hosts who are secretly monsters (meaning their monster natures are lurking/sleeping in them or that their human x monster hybrids while not knowing it nor government knowing it either). But you can play plain vanilla human which has no supernatural elements at all but may be super skilled programmer, gamer or photographer etc. Or be James Bond secret agent by M.O.N organization, so wide variety of humans to choose from.

But as host you likely play more normal person but as mentioned being scientist/builder of gadgets is not out of question.

mannik

Huh...that could be an interesting dynamic, the ultra naturalist Renoa being paired up with an ultra tech-savvy inventor/gamer geek who's more at home in cyberspace than anywhere else....polar opposites and all that.

But at this point she'd be happy to be taken in by anyone who isn't the near emotionless agent Akira. The easier they are to tempt and tease the happier she'll be too :P

Revelation

Figure i'll just post my character ideas here, none of them will be terribly secretive.

Now, for the most part none of this will be secret information. I'm not too interested in making my host part monster (The idea is neat though!), nor would he be an Agent of MON, again neat! but, I believe the game is looking mostly for hosts, right? Hence, i'd like to fill that! Maybe playing a Mon agent as another character, later.

His name will be Tsuneo Hunter - his mother took his fathers surname of course, and so did he. Having been born in japan, he's a native resident (We'll say his father moved with his mother back to her homeland before she was pregnant.), and obviously... Well, he's mixed. He looks more western than mixed really, but there would be a few traits or differences, enough to just make it a little obvious to those who look closely. He ue to be a target for bullying thanks to his looks, but as he grew up and filled out, some of that bullying faded away in favor of those who wanted him for his different looks, however due to being a Hāfu (the term for biracial japanese/other), he still got some flak for it...

I'm thinking that he took to the teasing/bullying in a mixed way. Part of him kind of retreated into other things that didn't require dealing with other people. Not really in a hikkikomori way, but moreso in a way that gaming, the net, that sort of stuff was a good break from reality where he didn't need to deal with it all. On the other hand... He wanted to embrace some of the identity of his mothers culture, and I like the idea of him still being very physical - a kendo student who was pretty good at it while practicing in school during club, and by now would be rather good at it. Obviously he'd be a little on the physical side but still intelligent, and while he might be able to fence humans easily I wouldn't expect him to face off against most monsters (He might have more skill or something, but a monster can still be a monster!). Obviously learning how to fight and defend himself (even with a sword, which isn't quite practical normally) helped instill confidence and pride in himself. Thanks to the bullying he might only now be breaking out of his shell now that he's out of school and such, something of a wallflower who is growing away from that, finding himself out as a person. And of course, confusing people between being a huge gaming addict, but still finding time to exercise and keep himself in good shape/skill with kendo/fencing.

He wants to join and be a host now that he has his own apartment because he knows exactly what it's like to be someone different in Japan, and while he knows he's not as different as a monster would be, he still wants to help make them feel welcome. In the end, he might be biting off more than he can chew with a monster, but he's hedging his bets that he can handle it.

Zaer Darkwail

Solid description there, I know how invest some chargen points and once I am done I can then ask further adds if anything. Anycase as one important question is; how wealthy is your char? Wealth is one attributes which you can get and defects if any?

Revelation

Wealth... I'd say wealthy enough to live in an apartment that can snuggly fit two in it! Drawbacks... not sure quite yet, maybe something related to being a hafu, or Hell, maybe even a rival in kendo that he wants to overcome, or... thinking!

summoner2183

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: summoner2183 on January 07, 2016, 05:49:41 PM
Interested in this. HOw do I begin?

Discuss what char you want play and tell in detail your char concept like Changingsaint did :)

summoner2183

I think I want to play a host character, and he is a martial artist. Never really played one as a character before, so I think it would be something fresh for me.

Revelation

As for other flaws, i'm still thinking - but I am open to most. Still can't find my 3e book, to my chagrin.

Angie

Quote from: summoner2183 on January 07, 2016, 06:57:41 PM
I think I want to play a host character, and he is a martial artist. Never really played one as a character before, so I think it would be something fresh for me.

Martial artist wouldn't be too difficult. Are you familiar with BESM 3rd? I can give you lessons on it if you're not.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

summoner2183

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed martial artist is not difficult, only question is do we use 'ki magic' be available or not. I myself like the figthing anime cool martial art moves (not to level of Dragonball Z but more from example Tenjou Tenge), so I allow humans able to do some low tier stuff with Ki powers and anything flashy is temporal and consumes energy to use (but through Ki training could have ability to endure harm or even get energy while being hurt and able power up more Ki moves or other minor permament benefits).

summoner2183

Tenjou tenge, Ikkitousen-esque martial arts moves would be fine actually.

Revelation

Would similar strikes/powers be a potential for a fencer as well, then?

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, sort one shot cool moves which spend energy on use. They must be specific attack or series of attacks (purchased as weapons keyed to specific weapon type or attributes).

Revelation

Such would work for me, more effective, hard hitting strikes and such - a bit of an edge compared to the average fencer.

Angie

Quote from: summoner2183 on January 07, 2016, 07:52:15 PM
Not really, any pointers?

I would say get the book (Zaer can help), read through character creation and PM me with questions.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Revelation

To keep things in an open aired manner, here's my sheet (So far), and background/history, which I feel is fairly complete.

Name: Tsuneo hunter
Race: Human
Orientation: Straight
Kinks: See my ons and offs! Might come up with more specifics in a bit, but for now, those are a good general list.
Background

Background
At a glance: Tsuneo is a half japanese/american man, growing into his own life, and dealing with being from two cultures. Dealing with bullying while growing up, both of his parents helped him find outlets for it - as well as his own inclinations. Between Kendo and computer gaming, he has been able to find his own outlets and style. Still coming out of his shell from being a bit of an outcast, he's more than eager to make friends, welcome the new, monstrous citizens of Japan, and learn more about himself in the process!
A little more detail: Tsuneo's story somewhat begins with his father and mother - Christopher hunter was a man smitten by a woman named Nao Fukui, an immigrant from Japan. They both truly loved one another - But Nao would only marry a man who would move back with her to her homeland. Despite the barriers and obstacles that would beset him, Christopher was indeed honest with nao, moving back with her to Japan and beginning a new life with his Fiance. A year and some odd months later - the newly wed couple had a happy, healthy baby boy they named Tsuneo.
Tsuneo did not have it easy growing up, however. In school, he was an easy target for bullying - his different looks made him stand out more than others, and since it started at a young age he was a little more taken by it than usual. That only made it worse as school went on of course and while he had a few friends, he was not what one would call popular. Both parents hated seeing their child growing up to be an outcast, and both had a solution. His father felt that if he was able to go into things where he did not have to 'feel' like himself, that there would be an escape. That was video gaming - which of course, Tsuneo liked. His mother suggested he embraced something that he could take pride in, and thanks to said love of video games... He wanted to fight with swords. While normally the idea would be silly, Kendo was an easy outlet for that, and it gave Tsuneo a great excuse to keep himself fit and athletically active as he grew older!
Still, dealing with bullying was never gone, it just got a little easier when he could make friends over hobbies, or if others were worried about getting their asses beaten with a kendo stick... Not that Tsuneo would really ever /do/ such a thing. He had other hobbies too, he liked taking some things apart and putting them together which made him great with computers and cars (His dad made sure he knew how to keep a car in working order!), and surprisingly – his mother had something of a gift for him after he graduated highschool. Gifting him something of a family heirloom that hat been kept in good condition (If locked away for some time), a katana that once belonged to her, and her mother, and her father before her – given to the first child. Ecstatic at the gift, he promised to take good care of it.
Out of school for a few years, he’s finally gotten his own little apartment, and while some would still call him a wallflower, he’s far from the totally shy, sometimes afraid student he was back in grade school. Now, he wishes to help the new monstrous immigrants to japan feel welcome, and for that... He has decided to join the host program, why not offer his home to a roommate?

Stats, attributes. skills
(Stats total: 140)
Body: 5
Mind: 4
Soul: 5

Attributes (74 pts total)
Combat Technique: (12 pts) Critical strike, Judge Opponent, Lightning Reflexes 1, Steady hand, Leap attack,
Extra actions: 1 (15 pts)
Features: 2 (Handsome)
Weapon: 2  (Katana, mothers heirloom! Variables: Penetrating 1, Unique 3! The unique is because well... I figure it'd be kinda neat if it weren't ordinary, and if he didn't know all it could do, yet!)
Extra defenses: 1 (5 pts)
Melee attack: 5 (14 pts)
Melee defense: 5 (14 pts)
Ranged defense: 2 (4 pts)
Tough: 3 (6 pts)

Skills (63 pts)
Acrobatics 4 (Specialization: Reactions)
Area knowledge: 3 (Specialization: Downtown)
Computers: 5 (Specialization: Programming)
Cultural arts: 3 (History)
Domestic arts: 3 (Specialization: cooking)
Driving: 4 (specialization: cars)
Electronics: 4 (Specializations: Computers)
Etiquette: 3 (Treating guests)
Foreign Culture: 3 (Specialization: The USA)
Gaming: 5 (Specialization: Competitive games)
Languages: 1 (English)
Mechanics: 3 (Car repair)
Writing: 3 (short stories)

stats

HP: 65
Energy: 45
Damage multiplier: 5
Base attack: 3
Melee attack/defense: 9
Base defense: 3 (+2 against ranged)

So the basics are that he's a skilled human - could fight, would get his ass handed to him by a real monster who could fight! but as far as humans go? He's good. Nothing supernatural - at least overtly so I hope, keeping him relatively human. I might try to fiddle around with his weapon, put some more points to it for various combat techniques. I dunno, I haven't used the system since I ran a solo game for a friend back in 2007 so it's been a long ass time. But I have 40ish points left, and i'll be taking -ism for the discrimination aspect (At a very low level).

I should have it mostly finished tomorrow, but for now i'm just posting what I have, gathering thoughts. I do need an image - thinking he'll be a blondie, handsome type. Finding a good picture is oh so tricky! Also will do his combat stats after I finish, just to ensure I get the calculations right.

Revelation

I've updated the sheet above to be 277 - not sure if I can or should update it further! As further points spend feel like it'd be bloating skills even more, or pushing him above what a human should be able to do with stats or attributes, so I think i'll be mostly fine where he is now.