We Could Be Heroes; A Sexy Superhero RP 2nd Arc Recruitment! MALES NEEDED!

Started by Vergil Tanner, May 10, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so! I'm back from sleeping and the first classes of the day, so I shall catch up! Everybody will get a response from me, but it might take a while; I have three pages of chatter to catch up on, after all! Bare with me, though. I'll be taking over from here. Thank you, Flint, you did an excellent job :D I knew I made you 2iC for a reason :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

jeflint

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

keyotess

Sally Aces:
QuoteHappy to help Keyotess :) heck, I can see Nora having a whole hero worship thing with your TA...

heehe... we can see about that Sally.  ;) Sounds like fun.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Vergil Tanner

LT Fox:

I don't have an issue with Contact Telekinesis as you've described - using it to pick up objects of a certain weight and minimum / maximum size, and the effect vanishes as soon as he isn't touching it anymore - BUT I have to Veto the durability aspect of it. That seems too much like having both 2+ powers, after all; invulnerability and super strength, whilst linked, aren't mutually inclusive, after all (EG, Jessica Jones). I get that the TK Field would stop it before it hit him, but I don't see how that follows from his ability to pick things up; just because it allows him to move it with his mind, doesn't reduce the momentum that it's already picked up. Plus, this would make him functionally invulnerable in close combat, which in addition to his Contact TK (does that TK apply to living beings as well?) might make him significantly more powerful than anybody else, especially if it's "Always On"
So as I see it, you have two options:

1) It's an Always On Field, but it ONLY extends to strength. It might give him a little bit more toughness (like, instead of killing him, that car just breaks most of his bones  because the TK reduces the momentum a little) but otherwise is functionally useless unless he can catch the car.

2) It gives him heightened durability that lets him walk off things like cars, BUT it's an activated ability - that is, he has to consciously maintain it - and every blow on the field reduces its "Charge" until he can't maintain it any further.

Those are really the only ways I can see to balance it.

Also, he will never fly with it. Bootstrap Paradox; you can't physically lift yourself up, and I would rule that it applies to himself as well. So, no Self Body Puppeting.

Sally Aces:

We've had a couple of Speedsters before, and that tended to be par for the course. Enhanced metabolism and possible starvation, haha. I'm thinking that, in terms of her Top Peak Speed - at the height of her powers - something like 70 or 80mph, full sprint. Faster than any human alive, easily able to cross large distances very quickly, but nowhere near the ridiculous speed of sound levels. :P Acceleration would also be high as well, probably - at her strongest - 0-70 in about 2 seconds. As she's starting out, though, MUCH lower than that; she has to grow into her full strength, after all! As for her body...I would allow a slight toughening up to allow her to handle those speeds, but not much. Her reactions would stay the same; after all, regular humans react to danger at 70mph pretty quickly already, and enhanced reflexes and cognitive functions is already another characters MAIN power. :P

Also, having older brothers who were stars in their own right is perfectly acceptable. :-)

NightLux:

Ok, so! We discussed it briefly in PM's, and you agreed to change your limitation to "anything he can physically lift on his own." So that's not too bad. But what about his Power Limits? Like...does he have to touch the object to move it, or has he got a range that he can look at something and go "I am going to move that without touching it?" He'd have to have a maximum range for that, obviously. Having two telekinetics in the game might start stepping on toes, but if we tiptoe, we should be able to manage it due to the specifics of your telekinesis.

Although, might I make a suggestion? Instead of telekinetically being able to move objects, what if it's a Passive Field around him that acts on its own to direct his throws and shots? EG, he throws a ball or fires a gun, and the passive Telekinesis activates to guide it exactly where he wants it to go. So on one side we have a Telekinetic who uses it to pick things up and throw shit around, and on the other, we have a Telekinetic who uses it to be like Hawkeye or Deadshot, so they never miss? That could be interesting, and do enough to differentiate them from each other. Just a thought.

If not, then Flint rose excellent points; LOS, Max Range, etc etc.

Blinkin:

Aaaah, Lashing. Believe it or not, Dante's first concept was a Feruchemist.

First, what's her Archetype? Loner, nerd, jock, prep, etc etc?

Second, I think Lashing might be too powerful for this game. And if we had to readjust its power scale for this game, we would be neutering it completely, since it gives him something like four powers (functionally speaking) to play with. The illusion of flight, super strength, super speed and limited telekinesis. We've had Gravitational Control before, and THAT can be balanced accordingly, but since the power level of the game is nowhere near Magneto levels, he probably wouldn't be able to fly very far with it, wouldn't be able to make black holes and would only have a small area of effect with his abilities. As it is, Lashing is just too powerful to be used in this game, and I don't think it's a power that scales down particularly easily. I mean, skilled Lashers have taken on entire armies before. So...not really a good ability for this power level. :P

I mean, you've listed

- Lashing
- Alteration of Gravity
- Flight
- Force Field

That is four abilities that in this setting would be powerful abilities on their own. So obviously...your character needs to be toned down drastically. Really, I would pick one of the four to be your power, and stick with that.

Keyotess:

Oooh, clones! Haven't had a Cloner for a while! Awesome!

First thing's first, TA is perfectly acceptable....so long as you don't mind her being hit on by the more libido-driven students in the school :P
As for the power, the obvious questions arise; how many clones at once, how far apart must they be, do they share a Hive Mind or have their own unique brains and thoughts, what happens to the others if one clone gets hurt or dies, do they have a time limit on their existence, etc etc etc.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

keyotess

Vergil:
QuoteOooh, clones! Haven't had a Cloner for a while! Awesome!

First thing's first, TA is perfectly acceptable....so long as you don't mind her being hit on by the more libido-driven students in the school :P
As for the power, the obvious questions arise; how many clones at once, how far apart must they be, do they share a Hive Mind or have their own unique brains and thoughts, what happens to the others if one clone gets hurt or dies, do they have a time limit on their existence, etc etc etc.

They can hit on me all they want and if they are female they might actually get somewhere if they know the right triggers. ;)

I like the Hive mind concept. 
How many:  4 at base and max at 10 at first. 
How far apart: Maybe they have to stay in the same city at the most
Time limit on existence: I was thinking no time limit, but I am open to having one
clone gets hurt: all the others feel it
clone gets killed: all of them feel it and are stunned with the lost.  Over time a clone can be "regrown"  but I am open to having a clone be lost once it is killed, depending on if there is a time limit to their existence.  No time limit = lose clone, Shorter time limit = quicker clone comes back.
clone orgasms: all of them feel it ;)
Mind control: Mind control attacks the Hive Mind and if the attack is strong enough it can take control of the Hive mind, controlling all the clones.
Clones are very good at working together, ie hive mind. ;)

Hmmm..thoughts? Suggestions?
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Sally Aces

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 10, 2017, 09:37:45 PM
Sally Aces:

We've had a couple of Speedsters before, and that tended to be par for the course. Enhanced metabolism and possible starvation, haha. I'm thinking that, in terms of her Top Peak Speed - at the height of her powers - something like 70 or 80mph, full sprint. Faster than any human alive, easily able to cross large distances very quickly, but nowhere near the ridiculous speed of sound levels. :P Acceleration would also be high as well, probably - at her strongest - 0-70 in about 2 seconds. As she's starting out, though, MUCH lower than that; she has to grow into her full strength, after all! As for her body...I would allow a slight toughening up to allow her to handle those speeds, but not much. Her reactions would stay the same; after all, regular humans react to danger at 70mph pretty quickly already, and enhanced reflexes and cognitive functions is already another characters MAIN power. :P

Also, having older brothers who were stars in their own right is perfectly acceptable. :-)

All that works for me :) I'm already thinking of little ways her powers might express themselves to her at odd moments. Rushing to class without thinking can lead to an impressive crash.

And yay! for an extended family, I figure she's a bit of a legacy to live into, or at least she thinks she does. I'm thinking her mother died when Nora was young, and her father didn't really know how to be there for a daughter so brought her up to be 'one of the boys'. He pushed her to excel at sports and hunting, discouraging 'girlie foolishness'. Between that and a pair of popular, overprotective brothers, Nora has not dated or really hooked up with anyone. Now that they are gone, mostly, things might change for her socially... then again, her dad and his rifle are still around.

keyotess

Sally Aces, my character could have gone to school with your oldest brother and maybe we were friends?

Vergil Tanner

Keyotess:

Quote from: keyotess on May 10, 2017, 11:24:41 PM
Vergil:
They can hit on me all they want and if they are female they might actually get somewhere if they know the right triggers. ;)

And now I kinda want Grace in the middle of a Clone Gangbang. >.>

How many:  4 at base and max at 10 at first. 

Hmmm...since this is Day One, I would suggest having her make 2 clones (3 of her, total) as her starting Max, and that grows as she gets more powerful, to a maximum of let's say...9 clones (10 Hers total)?

How far apart: Maybe they have to stay in the same city at the most

Hmm...maybe at first they have to stay within a couple of miles of each other, and that grows to roughly 30-35 miles at the height of her power?

Time limit on existence: I was thinking no time limit, but I am open to having one
clone gets hurt: all the others feel it
clone gets killed: all of them feel it and are stunned with the lost.  Over time a clone can be "regrown"  but I am open to having a clone be lost once it is killed, depending on if there is a time limit to their existence.  No time limit = lose clone, Shorter time limit = quicker clone comes back.

I'm ok with that balance. No time limit = dead for good, time limit = can replace in time. Which would you prefer? :-)

Mind control: Mind control attacks the Hive Mind and if the attack is strong enough it can take control of the Hive mind, controlling all the clones.
Clones are very good at working together, ie hive mind. ;)

Ok, that makes sense. Do they get a "bonus" for being a Hive Mind? Like, tougher to mentally attack, or is it about the same?

And with her Clones, can she alter body parts (EG, make a taller clone, a thinner clone, a clone with a different hair colour, a clone with a dick, etc etc) or do they have to be EXACTLY the same?

Sally Aces:

Quote from: Sally Aces on May 10, 2017, 11:36:20 PM
All that works for me :) I'm already thinking of little ways her powers might express themselves to her at odd moments. Rushing to class without thinking can lead to an impressive crash.

And yay! for an extended family, I figure she's a bit of a legacy to live into, or at least she thinks she does. I'm thinking her mother died when Nora was young, and her father didn't really know how to be there for a daughter so brought her up to be 'one of the boys'. He pushed her to excel at sports and hunting, discouraging 'girlie foolishness'. Between that and a pair of popular, overprotective brothers, Nora has not dated or really hooked up with anyone. Now that they are gone, mostly, things might change for her socially... then again, her dad and his rifle are still around.

Sounds good! Good that you have a concept in mind already! In terms of powers, then, we're agreed; slight increase in toughness, but her reflexes are largely the same and her top speed at peak is 70mph. She wears through trainers faster, obviously, and has an enhanced metabolism. Sounds good! Come up with a full write up of the nuances and drawbacks of her powers, and if it looks good, I'll PM you with the next step :-)

Sally Aces

Sounds plausible, could also be why Nora looks up to your character as a bit of a role model. Perhaps her brother even encouraged it.

Very cool, Vergil. I'll look for your PM.

PentheWonderful

Well! I'm certainly late to the party! :P

Nice to see we've got tons of interested new applicants here. I'm Pen, and I'm the advisor here on WCBH in case you guys need help figuring out a good middle ground for plot or character traits. I'm also open for questions and consultations and I help out when Vergil isn't around, like Flint does.

Just popping in here to say hello. For now. ;)
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Vergil Tanner

Ah ah ah, I mean, whip up a quick write up of her current powers and drawbacks and limits (EG, on Day One, can move up to 20mph, growing to a max cap of 70mph) and Max Potential, and then if it looks good enough to start with, I'll tell you what you need to do next. I just need to make sure the powers are in a good place to start the REAL nitpicking. :P

keyotess

QuoteVergil: And with her Clones, can she alter body parts (EG, make a taller clone, a thinner clone, a clone with a different hair colour, a clone with a dick, etc etc) or do they have to be EXACTLY the same?

Hmm... I hadn't actually thought of that!  Several fun possibilities with that!  Let me think about that some.  It will determine whether there is a time limit.  No time limit: have to be exactly the same.  Time limit: can make minor changes.

Question:  How much combat are you planning of having?    Mainly slice of life story with some combat, or combat happens a lot with slice of life. :)

QuoteSally Aces: Sounds plausible, could also be why Nora looks up to your character as a bit of a role model. Perhaps her brother even encouraged it.

Aaah... a good female influence for Nora. ;)

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: keyotess on May 10, 2017, 11:56:53 PM
Hmm... I hadn't actually thought of that!  Several fun possibilities with that!  Let me think about that some.  It will determine whether there is a time limit.  No time limit: have to be exactly the same.  Time limit: can make minor changes.

I'm personally in favour of more versatile but less-lived Clones. MUCH more options, and not just in the bedroom. :P
Of course, if Grace finds out about her versatility, she's gonna be all over that. XD
What? She deals with her neuroses through casual sex. :P

Quote from: keyotess on May 10, 2017, 11:56:53 PM
Question:  How much combat are you planning of having?    Mainly slice of life story with some combat, or combat happens a lot with slice of life. :)

That depends entirely on the players and the storyline. I have a lot of plots lined up where combat is going to be pretty heavy, but also a lot of storylines where it's just Weird Shit Happening and they have to deal with it. So.... 50/50, depending on the storyline :P

Sally Aces

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 10, 2017, 11:55:26 PM
Ah ah ah, I mean, whip up a quick write up of her current powers and drawbacks and limits (EG, on Day One, can move up to 20mph, growing to a max cap of 70mph) and Max Potential, and then if it looks good enough to start with, I'll tell you what you need to do next. I just need to make sure the powers are in a good place to start the REAL nitpicking. :P

Ah, ok. So here's my take on things after a bit of research.. 60' dash time is the important marker for baseball speed, with the average hs student completing it between 7.3 and 7.6 while top athletes complete it around 6.4. I'm going to say Nora's speed is close to the top naturally 6.5 top speed (which equals a sprint speed of 13 MPH with no real long term potential)... with powers initially, she runs twice as fast with no extra effort and no upwards limit but can push it to 4 times in a sprint situation (so 26 MPH running, 52 as a sprint but gets totally exhausted afterwards) With training, she could up each
a bit, say top speed running of 6 times 'normal' (78 MPH) with a blindingly fast sprint of 150 MPH but total burn out.

Toughness-wise, her body can take the strain of all that effort, skin resists frictions, muscles are extra stretchy and avoid tearing, joints get extra cushioning, etc but nothing like Regeneration or Bulletproof skin. She's just a bit more human then human in little ways.

BIG Drawback, no super-reflexes, so at high speeds, she notices her environment less and is more accident prone (running into people who dart in front of her, can't tell at a distance subtle changes in terrain (black ice, loose gravel, etc) so she puts herself at risk of injury if she doesn't reign in the speed to allow for observation and proper route planning.

keyotess

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 11, 2017, 12:01:18 AM
I'm personally in favour of more versatile but less-lived Clones. MUCH more options, and not just in the bedroom. :P
Of course, if Grace finds out about her versatility, she's gonna be all over that. XD
What? She deals with her neuroses through casual sex. :P

That depends entirely on the players and the storyline. I have a lot of plots lined up where combat is going to be pretty heavy, but also a lot of storylines where it's just Weird Shit Happening and they have to deal with it. So.... 50/50, depending on the storyline :P

Hehe... okay, I already have a clone heroine being developed for another game that doesn't change.  So I will play with short term.  Time to figure out limits. :)

Vergil Tanner

Sally Aces:

Eeeeh...since in-game, she literally got her powers yesterday, I would say dial down her initial powers. Say for the first couple of weeks, she's limited to 26mph at a sprint, and then it increases as she practices more, so by the end of a couple of months after The Event, she can sprint at around 45 / 50. After about five months, she's hit her Max Potential of 75mph. :-)

Keyotess:

Awesome! Ok, so, to what extent can she change her clones, and how long do they last? I'm thinking that the more she changes them, the less time they last, and then if they aren't reabsorbed into her by the time that time expires, they just fade and and crumble into dust or something?
So I would suggest...she can add things and take away things, like height, hair colour, proportions, etc etc, but she can't change her DNA. Like. She can add - for example - a dick, but she can't change the clone away from biologically female. Like, she can't get rid of the uterus or the womb or add working testicles, for example. It's purely cosmetic. If she was adding or taking away height, she'd have...maybe half a foot or so leeway either way? Hair colour is easy enough.

So I think we should rank them in Stages. Like...ok.

So each change is given a "Rank" that adds up. So hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, anything purely cosmetic that doesn't alter anything internal, are all "rank one." The next step up is, for example, height and chest size (so you're actively adding or taking something away) is a Rank Two Change. Adding something as big as a dick or, I dunno, making her toes opposable like a monkeys, is a Rank 3 Change. How long the clone lasts depends on how many Ranks she uses; EG, a clone with a Rank One, Two and Three change will add up to Rank 6, and will last less time than a Rank 4.

Rank 0 = No Changes. At starting power, they can last maybe six hours maximum. At Peak Power, they can last 24 hours.
Rank 1 = One small change. Starting = 5, Peak = 20.
Rank 2 = Changes adding up to 2 Ranks. Starting = 4, Peak = 18
Rank 3 = Changes Adding up to 3. Starting = 2, Peak = 14
Rank 4 = Starting = 1, Peak = 10.
Rank 5 = Starting = 30 Mins, Peak = 6 Hours.
Rank 6 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 4 Hours.
Rank 7 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 2 Hours.
Rank 8 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 30 Mins.
Rank 9 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 15 Mins.
Rank 10 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 5 Mins.

Not definitive and not the only thing I'll accept, but it's an idea on how to quantify time limits and whatnot. :P

Vergil Tanner

ALSO! Two things:

One: For those of you who need help finding a Faceclaim (A picture of your character, courtesy of an existing actor or other individual), there is a link to my Archive in my Signature. Feel free to browse to see if something catches your fancy!

Two: I need links to your On's / Offs, please! :D

Vergil Tanner

If you think that's good, Sally, then let me know and we can move you along :D

Also! Keyotess: That isn't including how many clones she can make at one time. If she has more clones out there, does that affect the amount of time they last, or is each clone a separate instance?

LtFox

LT Fox:

I don't have an issue with Contact Telekinesis as you've described - using it to pick up objects of a certain weight and minimum / maximum size, and the effect vanishes as soon as he isn't touching it anymore - BUT I have to Veto the durability aspect of it. That seems too much like having both 2+ powers, after all; invulnerability and super strength, whilst linked, aren't mutually inclusive, after all (EG, Jessica Jones). I get that the TK Field would stop it before it hit him, but I don't see how that follows from his ability to pick things up; just because it allows him to move it with his mind, doesn't reduce the momentum that it's already picked up. Plus, this would make him functionally invulnerable in close combat, which in addition to his Contact TK (does that TK apply to living beings as well?) might make him significantly more powerful than anybody else, especially if it's "Always On"
So as I see it, you have two options:

1) It's an Always On Field, but it ONLY extends to strength. It might give him a little bit more toughness (like, instead of killing him, that car just breaks most of his bones  because the TK reduces the momentum a little) but otherwise is functionally useless unless he can catch the car.

2) It gives him heightened durability that lets him walk off things like cars, BUT it's an activated ability - that is, he has to consciously maintain it - and every blow on the field reduces its "Charge" until he can't maintain it any further.

Those are really the only ways I can see to balance it.

Also, he will never fly with it. Bootstrap Paradox; you can't physically lift yourself up, and I would rule that it applies to himself as well. So, no Self Body Puppeting.

Perfectly fine.  Now that I've got more time to think on it, Option one sounds very good, something like Jessica Jones (A series I greatly enjoyed, by the way) would be appropriate.  So, a Contact Telekinesis field that can pick up something like a small car, and only a minorly useful durability increase.  So better not get hit with that flying saucer, or at least grab another car as a shield or something.  On the smaller side, he can't grab something he wouldn't be able to hold with his fingers.

Now I'm thinking about which of the existing cliques would have had sociable enough people who'd have sucked him in their wake.  You'd think someone would like a perfectly all-around awerage minion :P
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so, what was the max weight you were thinking he could pick up? How big can it be before he can't pick it up and throw it around?

As for cliques, well, depending on who the FC is, Grace might have made a pass at him by now. :P But we'll sort it out later :P

keyotess

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 11, 2017, 12:37:31 AM

Awesome! Ok, so, to what extent can she change her clones, and how long do they last? I'm thinking that the more she changes them, the less time they last, and then if they aren't reabsorbed into her by the time that time expires, they just fade and and crumble into dust or something?
So I would suggest...she can add things and take away things, like height, hair colour, proportions, etc etc, but she can't change her DNA. Like. She can add - for example - a dick, but she can't change the clone away from biologically female. Like, she can't get rid of the uterus or the womb or add working testicles, for example. It's purely cosmetic. If she was adding or taking away height, she'd have...maybe half a foot or so leeway either way? Hair colour is easy enough.

So I think we should rank them in Stages. Like...ok.

So each change is given a "Rank" that adds up. So hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, anything purely cosmetic that doesn't alter anything internal, are all "rank one." The next step up is, for example, height and chest size (so you're actively adding or taking something away) is a Rank Two Change. Adding something as big as a dick or, I dunno, making her toes opposable like a monkeys, is a Rank 3 Change. How long the clone lasts depends on how many Ranks she uses; EG, a clone with a Rank One, Two and Three change will add up to Rank 6, and will last less time than a Rank 4.

Rank 0 = No Changes. At starting power, they can last maybe six hours maximum. At Peak Power, they can last 24 hours.
Rank 1 = One small change. Starting = 5, Peak = 20.
Rank 2 = Changes adding up to 2 Ranks. Starting = 4, Peak = 18
Rank 3 = Changes Adding up to 3. Starting = 2, Peak = 14
Rank 4 = Starting = 1, Peak = 10.
Rank 5 = Starting = 30 Mins, Peak = 6 Hours.
Rank 6 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 4 Hours.
Rank 7 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 2 Hours.
Rank 8 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 30 Mins.
Rank 9 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 15 Mins.
Rank 10 = Starting = N/A, Peak = 5 Mins.

Not definitive and not the only thing I'll accept, but it's an idea on how to quantify time limits and whatnot. :P

I think that the number isn't affected by the ranks, just grows.  I think that is a good chart, but getting sleepy so going to sleep on it. :)

LtFox

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 11, 2017, 01:30:11 AM
Ok, so, what was the max weight you were thinking he could pick up? How big can it be before he can't pick it up and throw it around?

As for cliques, well, depending on who the FC is, Grace might have made a pass at him by now. :P But we'll sort it out later :P

Well, the car lifting is the the upper limit, I'd say.  Now for a quick google... Let's say the max weight would sit at somewhere around 1300kg-1500kg?  That would cover most small and medium cars.  I figure the car size is also the upper limit for size, though there might be some flexibility if the target is significantly lighter than a car, like a hot air balloon or something.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Vergil Tanner

Keyotess:

Of course! Let me know your full thoughts in the morning. Sleep well!

LtFox:

Hmmm....perhaps Max it out at around 1200, but if he pushes, he can maybe manage 1300, in desperate situations. Of course, physical size accounts for something, considering the larger it is, the harder it is to hold onto it and manipulate it with any amount of finesse, no? And what are the drawbacks? Does this power exhaust him more rapidly, or tax his energy in any way?

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Blinkin on May 11, 2017, 05:10:03 AM
The power scale is potentially a set of future abilities, and only involves the lashing that alters the pull of gravity on an object/person. This was described as gravity manipulation as it was the clolsest super power that fit the description. [ui]All[/I] of the other powers associated with a wind-runner; the reverse lashing, the flying, etc {I]may[/I] become potential powers in the distant future. AsI understood the setting, things start out slow and small and expand/grow over time. I was outlining possible future powers because I was asked to expand on where it goes and how powerful she might get at some undefined point in the future. So, at best, it's 2 powers. Alteration in the pull of gravity in a very, very, very localized way... one object at a time. I've limited it to a maximum amount of weight/mass that can be effected and altered the term stormlight for a physical cost that I called "energy from her own body." Even using the defined ability from the books, stormlight can only be obtained from a very, very limited number of sources and each use reduces it. It also has a limited duration before the change wears off.

The second, potential power, isn't really a power, but an effect of the power. When you fall, your rate of descent increases the longer that you fall, until a certain point that it's sort of a mute point... called terminal velocity. That's a effect of the basic lashing and not really a power for her.

I know, I know... clear as mud.

I get it, Blinkin. I've read the books, I understand the powers perfectly. I just don't quite think you understand my objection; the point isn't that you start off with the Windrunners extra abilities, but that you get them at all. That isn't the powerscale of the game; look at the other Active Players. Windrunners are objectively head and shoulders more powerful than any of those characters combined. When the Speedster is limited to 70mph, Lashing just isn't going to fly (no pun intended).

See, I get that it's just the illusion of those abilities, and that it has the appearance of the abilities rather than just being those abilities themselves, but think about it; an ability that gives them - effectively - four powers in one is going to be absurdly powerful, compared to everybody else. The power actually wouldn't look out of place in the Avengers. Lashing, as it stands, just isn't a power that fits well into the game, since yes, it starts small and grows as we go on, but always to a cap that still keeps everybody evened out and balanced. And if you're talking about creating forcefields and magnetising things towards you and flying and being able to send people flying out of the way by touching them...even with the "limited uses," it's an extremely potent power that kicks the shit out of anything anybody else has. You can argue that "Oh no, it isn't really a power for her," but...well, can other people fly? Because that is basically what she's doing. No? Then it's a power, not just a side affect of her ability. Can she activate it at will? Yes! Therefore, it counts as a power.

So, unfortunately Blinkin...I have to say a hard "No" on Lashing. It's just too powerful for this game. I changed Dante from Feruchemist to a more Taskmaster-y ability because I thought that Feruchemy was too powerful in the end, and if Full Feruchemy is too powerful, then so is Lashing.
Gravitational Manipulation can be done - we've had other characters with that ability - but Sandersons magic systems don't tend to translate well into games of this level. I'm sorry, Blinkin, but no. I cannot allow Lashing. I understand it perfectly from the books, and I know that it's just too strong.

You're more than welcome to come up with another power - I'd love to have you aboard - but Windrunning is just not on the table, unless you can come up with a way to limit it such that it isn't powerful enough to wipe out the rest of the cast on its own.

NightLux

NightLux:

Ok, so! We discussed it briefly in PM's, and you agreed to change your limitation to "anything he can physically lift on his own." So that's not too bad. But what about his Power Limits? Like...does he have to touch the object to move it, or has he got a range that he can look at something and go "I am going to move that without touching it?" He'd have to have a maximum range for that, obviously. Having two telekinetics in the game might start stepping on toes, but if we tiptoe, we should be able to manage it due to the specifics of your telekinesis.

Although, might I make a suggestion? Instead of telekinetically being able to move objects, what if it's a Passive Field around him that acts on its own to direct his throws and shots? EG, he throws a ball or fires a gun, and the passive Telekinesis activates to guide it exactly where he wants it to go. So on one side we have a Telekinetic who uses it to pick things up and throw shit around, and on the other, we have a Telekinetic who uses it to be like Hawkeye or Deadshot, so they never miss? That could be interesting, and do enough to differentiate them from each other. Just a thought.

Let me address this at three points and its going to be the different level of ability from beginning to max development (I'll use a baseball since its normal movement varies more than a football).

At the beginning he can't start the movement remotely.  So no picking up a baseball from five feet away and throwing it.  It'll have to start "in his hands" (for lack of a better term, its movement must begin with local, physical effort on his part).  Moving it after that point is a mixture of telekenesis and physical attributes - pitchers can make a ball curve by the way they put forces on the ball while pitching, so that's still in play.  But the telekenesis augments that to let him "adjust" its path and destination within what he understands as possible.  He won't be able to have a ball curl up, for example, since there's no pitch that actually does that.  Same with distance - he might be able to throw a bit further than before as its augmenting that, but its not a sudden increase 200x in range.  (Maybe from a 70 yard max (which is damn good) with a football accurately to 80-90 yards.)  Remember, he's using his mind to do this (unknowingly at first), so he's limited by that severely by his perceptions of what is possible.  Heck, at first while everyone is starting to experiment with their powers, it won't really seem like he's gotten any of his own since nothing is really all that noticeable - just that is accuracy is getting better, which happens naturally around this age anyway.  Oh, and he'll always have to see where its going, which is important.

His "moderate" ability (I really want to RP the growth) will be he is still the launching point, but the movement can be somewhat unrealistic - he could finally have that ball curl upward and then back downward, maybe even spiral, but it has to be in the same general direction - no 90-degree turns, stopping in midair, etc - but his range will have gotten better to some extent I guess.

At full ability, he can do all those limitations - he can start the movement remotely (pending he could actually have moved it physically), he can make it turn 90 degrees (my envisioning himself "throwing" it again at that point), stop it midair (him "catching" it), etc.  The range would be line of sight, but with longer distances means less accuracy as he cannot physically see enough detail to get it where he might otherwise want it.

That make sense?
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]