Setting Her Free

Started by Sabby, March 18, 2008, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Basic Outline.

At a very young age, a girl witnesses something so horrifying, so traumatic, it has left her in a 'doll-like state' as her shrink has referred to it. The incident left her orphaned, and with an unexplainable mental condition. As the make shift term suggests, she is emotionless, like a doll. Almost nothing gets a reaction from her. She shows no feelings, or consideration, or free thought of any kind. Like a doll with no soul. Whatever it was that happened to her, the trauma has made her lock away and suppress any kind of human emotions.

This has, however, made her very effecient with money and such things, and so, at 19, she lives on her own, manages a job, and lives an orderly, if utterly robotic and borely life. The same diet every week, waking at the same time, always at work on time, always home on time, paying her bills and doing her groceries always to a completely memorized schedule, and always on time.

Though she will never be free of the constant watch of the mental health system, and slipping up could see her thrown into an asylum.

Some how, this poor, barely human girl, catches the attention of a young man, who wants to get closer to her, fasinated by her, and finds out about her condition. When he starts 'courting' her, if it can be called that, something completely unexpected starts to happen. As he arouses emotions and will in her, they periodically burst out in fits of rage and sadness and a tumult of choatic, locked away memories and feelings. Each time this happens, she retreats into her doll like state once again, as if nothing had happened. This is even more intensive when they start having sex, and more then one night will end with her beating at his chest, screaming and eventually breaking down and sobbing, being cradled to sleep.

He is literally taking her pain onto himself, and he is rewarded when he starts to see the effect. Every time she 'overloads' like this, she becomes slightly more herself. Small remnants of who she really is start showing, and more frequently with each incident. But her doctor explains to him he could be killing her. While each 'overload' leaves her barriers a little weaker, it could be too much, too fast, and destroy her mind.

So to sum it up.

Girl is traumatized into a robotic state. Guy starts to draw her out of this shell, with disastrous consequences, and the possibility of killing her.

However, I want this to end the usual sappy way, with the whole 'love conquers all' feel to it :)

I could play either.

Nitewalk

I think I could really sink my teeth into this one, I'd like to play the girl.

King_Furby

Very nice idea, that RP would be interesting. I will most likely follow it some after you get a partner for it. Love the idea.

Sabby

Nitewalk, I already know you would rock this game and I'd love to have you in it :) is everything ok with you? Because I'd like to start it with you around a lot.