Shattered Star [Pathfinder]

Started by BraveEarth, May 26, 2013, 12:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Nah, wouldn't be right for me to kick you out of the slot if you claimed it first.  Regardless, I say we wait and see what Brave says before making a decision.

BraveEarth

Bram has one too many Feats as he gave up his Extra Feat for Eye for Talent.

I don;t mind them Muse. I will talk to you about Code and that sort of thing though if you want to play one.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Aye Muse, if you'd prefer not to play a cleric, I don't mind playing one.

BraveEarth

Party make up is less important than everyone having a good time that said, remember that no one has been officially accepted yet (Although we having come to 7 applicants so there really isn't competition.) So make what you want to, if you feel like your fun would be hampered by your role getting shadowed over then that is something to consider. (Although because it's spontaneous and they are slightly spell starved you really don't have to overlap)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

Curious Muse why did you take the Weapon Finesse Feat?

Muse

Dervish of the daw starts with ervish dance, lets it work on scimitar. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

Yes But the Weapon Finesse feat doesn't effect the Scimitar Dervish Dance works for both your attack and Damage for it so the Dawnflower Dervish allows you to skip the feat tax.

EvilBeast

Posting interest, if there is still room (Halfling Druid)

Autocad

Keta Ruko
Human cleric of Shelyn
"There is beauty waiting for a finder in the hidden places of the world."

Role
Typical cleric - divine spellcasting, channeling, second-line melee support

Creed
In the beginning
Secrets under earth, sky, sea
Beauty locked away.

Eyes see, ears listen
Tongue tastes, nose breathes in fragrance
Fingers feel the truth.

Seek the hidden truths
Heart beats, burns with passion; know
The will of the gods.

In man's fleeting time
Beauty sought and found becomes
Shelyn's offering.

History
"Com-mon, is this how you say it? It is good to have a language that is spoken by everyone. Where I grew up, in far, far away Tian Xia, the rice farmer spoke one dialect, the woodcutter another, and the lord spoke a different language entirely. And of course, when I was sent to live with the monks when I was very small, they prayed and meditated in yet another tongue. It was very boring sometimes for a little girl, you know? And the monastery was high in the hills, in the middle of one forest, flanked by two rivers, and surrounded by three mountains. There was a new view everywhere you looked, if only you opened your eyes, but the monks, they liked to keep them closed. Focus on your prayers and meditation, they told me. Ha! When no one was looking, which was a lot of the time, I would open my eyes and play a little quiet game with my imaginary friend. Shelyn, she told me her name was. We would try to see something new and exciting, perhaps a wandering insect all brilliant and blue in the courtyard, perhaps the bamboo stalks performing their wind dance in the mountains, perhaps the cloud paintings in the sky. It wasn't an easy game; I knew all there was to know about the monastery and the surrounding land in less than a year, and it got harder and harder to find something new! If it weren't for my friend I don't know how I would have coped with the monotony. She told me she had the same problem, only the entire world was her monastery and there was no escape. How horrible! Anyways, we eventually made a deal. I would seek out interesting, beautiful things so she could experience fresh wonder through me. And in turn, she would grant me her power to keep me safe while I go into dangerous places. I would say it worked out well for everyone: I've been to many exotic places, met interesting people and found beautiful things, and enjoyed them. Even the monks got rid of their naughtiest acolyte-in-training without any effort on their part, how lucky for them. Why am I here now, you ask? If you must know, my friend got wind of a tip, and here is where the trail starts..."

Birthmark
"Oh, this? I was born with a green mark on my right shoulder. It wasn't very pretty so I had a tattoo inked around it as soon as I could and made the birthmark a part of the tattoo. You can't see it very well because it goes around my shoulder, but it's a Tian Xia dragon. My friend likes the look. Sometimes she will imbibe the tattoo with her presence or her power. It's convenient, isn't it, having a friend on your shoulder?"

Pathfinder Society
"Why did I join the Pathfinder Society? That's obvious, isn't it? To explore the unknown places of the world and seek the hidden beauties within. Our goals are aligned and the people are pleasant company. Coincidence, or divine providence? You decide."

Friend
"You know, I was quite surprised when it turned out that my friend was worshipped as a goddess over here. You would think that she would have mentioned it to me earlier! Oh, Shelyn..."

Character Sheet
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12330

BraveEarth

Phantom I just realized that your AC is too low. You forgot to add your Dex modifier.

EDIT: Or just didn't add it on the sheet...

EroticFantasyAuthor

What do we have so far?

I count

Ranger, Sorcerer(ess), Barbarian, Possible Wizard, Bard, Cleric, and Druid, correct?

BraveEarth

Well only the Ranger is in definitely having Completed History and Sheet and looks to be well thought out.  Everyone else is still in the running having uncompleted sheets, or lack of a History.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Aye, but even then it still helps me decide on something.

Of course we need to get our characters ready ASAP, but what is the due date?

BraveEarth

Given my employment search, school, and now illness I am going to say there is no cut off date or rather I won't be able to uphold one. Maybe the Beginning of Summer for a VERY tentative date for now.

AndyZ

Alyssa Frostborn - Human Sorceress

Linnorms are the treacherous primeval dragons of the north, thriving upon their hatred of the lesser creatures of the world and inflicting as much suffering as they possibly can.  To attempt to subdue and mate with one, you have to be powerful, arrogant and crazy enough to even try.  Thankfully, mages usually have all of these traits in spades.

The story of the first Frostborn has been lost to antiquity, but each has carried the power of an ice linnorm.  Alyssa's father, Kristopher Frostborn, is rumored to live deep within the north and aiding the gnomes in building a vast fortress of ice.  Some even say he spies upon the world even now, a bane to wicked children.

Alyssa spent most of her childhood with her mother, who tried as hard as she could to teach her daughter discipline before the eldritch powers could fully manifest themselves.  Noala succeeded inasmuch as the child did not turn to evil, yet remains far from a disciplined and polite young woman.

Easily taking to a live of adventuring, Alyssa signed up with the Pathfinder Society, heading to the strange city of Magnimar in order to discern the truth of the rumors about the monuments therein.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=579080
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Autocad

Updated my application above!

Quote from: Autocad on May 28, 2013, 01:58:24 PM

Keta Ruko
Human cleric of Shelyn
"There is beauty waiting for a finder in the hidden places of the world."

Role
Typical cleric - divine spellcasting, channeling, second-line melee support

Creed
In the beginning
Secrets under earth, sky, sea
Beauty locked away.

Eyes see, ears listen
Tongue tastes, nose breathes in fragrance
Fingers feel the truth.

Seek the hidden truths
Heart beats, burns with passion; know
The will of the gods.

In man's fleeting time
Beauty sought and found becomes
Shelyn's offering.

History
"Com-mon, is this how you say it? It is good to have a language that is spoken by everyone. Where I grew up, in far, far away Tian Xia, the rice farmer spoke one dialect, the woodcutter another, and the lord spoke a different language entirely. And of course, when I was sent to live with the monks when I was very small, they prayed and meditated in yet another tongue. It was very boring sometimes for a little girl, you know? And the monastery was high in the hills, in the middle of one forest, flanked by two rivers, and surrounded by three mountains. There was a new view everywhere you looked, if only you opened your eyes, but the monks, they liked to keep them closed. Focus on your prayers and meditation, they told me. Ha! When no one was looking, which was a lot of the time, I would open my eyes and play a little quiet game with my imaginary friend. Shelyn, she told me her name was. We would try to see something new and exciting, perhaps a wandering insect all brilliant and blue in the courtyard, perhaps the bamboo stalks performing their wind dance in the mountains, perhaps the cloud paintings in the sky. It wasn't an easy game; I knew all there was to know about the monastery and the surrounding land in less than a year, and it got harder and harder to find something new! If it weren't for my friend I don't know how I would have coped with the monotony. She told me she had the same problem, only the entire world was her monastery and there was no escape. How horrible! Anyways, we eventually made a deal. I would seek out interesting, beautiful things so she could experience fresh wonder through me. And in turn, she would grant me her power to keep me safe while I go into dangerous places. I would say it worked out well for everyone: I've been to many exotic places, met interesting people and found beautiful things, and enjoyed them. Even the monks got rid of their naughtiest acolyte-in-training without any effort on their part, how lucky for them. Why am I here now, you ask? If you must know, my friend got wind of a tip, and here is where the trail starts..."

Birthmark
"Oh, this? I was born with a green mark on my right shoulder. It wasn't very pretty so I had a tattoo inked around it as soon as I could and made the birthmark a part of the tattoo. You can't see it very well because it goes around my shoulder, but it's a Tian Xia dragon. My friend likes the look. Sometimes she will imbibe the tattoo with her presence or her power. It's convenient, isn't it, having a friend on your shoulder?"

Pathfinder Society
"Why did I join the Pathfinder Society? That's obvious, isn't it? To explore the unknown places of the world and seek the hidden beauties within. Our goals are aligned and the people are pleasant company. Coincidence, or divine providence? You decide."

Friend
"You know, I was quite surprised when it turned out that my friend was worshipped as a goddess over here. You would think that she would have mentioned it to me earlier! Oh, Shelyn..."

Character Sheet
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12330

BraveEarth

Okay so your taking your favoured class to get three...

Spells I assume that's your default load out as Clerics really aren't limited to what they can choose...

You cannot take Weapon Focus though as you have a 0 Base Attack Bonus.

Autocad

Good catch with Weapon Focus. I've replaced it with Selective Channeling now.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Still pondering my concept unfortunately.  :-\

BraveEarth

I did give everyone a good chunk of time so don't worry. We haven't really had a buffer applicant yet. Dervishes don't count they are selfish.

Callie Del Noire

I would LOVE to play a forlorn elf rogue.

A broody/moody elf who has returned to Magimar after decades away. Looking to find something better in life.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Still haven't been able to come up with a solid concept, right now I'm leaning towards a halfling something(probably rogue). But that could change.

Muse

Quote from: BraveEarth on May 30, 2013, 11:16:41 AM
I did give everyone a good chunk of time so don't worry. We haven't really had a buffer applicant yet. Dervishes don't count they are selfish.

Meep! 

BraveEarth

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 30, 2013, 03:31:16 PM
I would LOVE to play a forlorn elf rogue.

A broody/moody elf who has returned to Magimar after decades away. Looking to find something better in life.

I love the concept of forlorn elves, Please give it a shot and write something.