News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windstar

I'd definitely recommend Last Of Us, which I just finished.

League of Legends is free. It's SO free. IMO, the best MOBA out there.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is the best of the series published so far. It's even got 100+ unlockable characters from previous games.

RPGMakerVX Ace is my favorite time-wasting activity.

Civilization 5 is my second favorite time-wasting activity.

Darksiders/Darksiders II are the best games you've never played. I sincerely hope another studio picks them up and continues the series.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for iDevices is the definitive edition of the game. A recent update fixed the animations and it runs smoothly now.

Inkidu

Quote from: windstar on July 27, 2013, 09:55:46 PM
I'd definitely recommend Last Of Us, which I just finished.

League of Legends is free. It's SO free. IMO, the best MOBA out there.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is the best of the series published so far. It's even got 100+ unlockable characters from previous games.

RPGMakerVX Ace is my favorite time-wasting activity.

Civilization 5 is my second favorite time-wasting activity.

Darksiders/Darksiders II Beyond Good and Evil is the best game you've never played.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for iDevices is the definitive edition of the game. A recent update fixed the animations and it runs smoothly now.
Fixed that for you, as that game actually holds that title. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Plot Hooks

Quote from: theoutsider on July 26, 2013, 12:01:12 AM
I bought Saints Row: The Third on summer sale and I have to say I absolutely loved every second (or almost every, damn tiger missions) of it.
Felt great to get away from all these seriousface games for once and unleash my inner troll.
Definitely buying Saints Row 4.

Saint's Row 3 was a ton of fun.  I will never forgive it, however, for taking away my ability to choose my socks.  I also miss the cut-scenes to activities that SR2 did, instead of just dropping you off in the middle of it without much of an IC reason.    However, SR3 very much improved the handling on their vehicles, and the GPS system handles much better.  Additionally, I like the way that they handled weapon upgrades and the like.    If I could just get more granularity in my customization, I would be a happy camper.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on July 27, 2013, 10:04:20 PM
Fixed that for you, as that game actually holds that title.
Rather undeservingly, I might add.  Having tried it in the past, and played through it recently, I found it to be a half-baked slog.  It tries to do a lot, but never fully capitalizes on it.  It's decent at best, boring at worst, and definitely not worthy of any title, in my opinion.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Revelation

Yeah, being a big fan of Beyond Good and Evil, I can say there are under appreciated games that i've loved more than it. Its a good game though IMO.

Kazyth

If you remeber and liked the old Oregon Trail game, then you might want to look into Organ Trail, on Steam.  It's a fun, cheap little zombie survival game done up in the style of Oregon Trail.  You have to try to slip past hordes of zombies, hunt for food and supplies, barter in little towns and with passers-by for spare parts for your car, all sorts of fun little things.  Not to mention having to make the call to off or not to off an infected party member.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

windstar

Quote from: Kazyth on July 28, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
If you remeber and liked the old Oregon Trail game, then you might want to look into Organ Trail, on Steam.  It's a fun, cheap little zombie survival game done up in the style of Oregon Trail.  You have to try to slip past hordes of zombies, hunt for food and supplies, barter in little towns and with passers-by for spare parts for your car, all sorts of fun little things.  Not to mention having to make the call to off or not to off an infected party member.

So I guess in this game you can name your group of survivors after your friends/family?

My brother was playing this game on his laptop, turned to me and said, 'So you just got infected'. I responded with, 'Shoot me. I'd shoot me.'

Holy crap, the scene after you put down a party member is hilarious.

Kazyth

Quote from: windstar on July 28, 2013, 01:43:38 PM
So I guess in this game you can name your group of survivors after your friends/family?

My brother was playing this game on his laptop, turned to me and said, 'So you just got infected'. I responded with, 'Shoot me. I'd shoot me.'

Holy crap, the scene after you put down a party member is hilarious.

Yes, yes you can. I named my party after E folks, and was sure to inform them of the terrible things that happened to everyone. Good times.

Tsenta

I'm still juggling between Dragon's Dogma, Dark & Demon's Souls, and Dungeons and Dragons Online.   >_>;
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Inkidu

Quote from: Tsenta on July 28, 2013, 04:47:57 PM
I'm still juggling between Dragon's Dogma, Dark & Demon's Souls, and Dungeons and Dragons Online.   >_>;
I've been meaning to get into Dragon's Dogma again, now that I have time.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Tsenta

I just recently upgraded to Dark Arisen, all I need to say is that Death is a troll.  "Lemme pop in, 1hit all your pawns, then flee."
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

feybornkresh

Dragon's Dogma (aforementioned - definitely play if you have been considering)

Dark Souls (ditto)

Saints Row The Third

SSX (the newest one)

Sel Nar

The Operative: No One Lives Forever

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way

Not as new as some on the list, but gloriously awesome.

NinjaWeazel

Bought Shadowrun Returns on Steam a week ago.  Already sunk 35 hours into it.  It's phenomenal.

Kazyth

I remember playing Shadowrun on the Genesis way back when. Is the remake really that good?

Sabby

Chris Brady

Quote from: Kazyth on August 06, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
I remember playing Shadowrun on the Genesis way back when. Is the remake really that good?
The remake is closer in style to the SNES version, even has an NPC who was the main lead in the SNES version.  However, it does take certain and many cues from the Genesis version, namely allowing you to make your character from a choice of archetypes, and let's you fill your team with those types that you're missing.

This is more team based then the SNES version, but more story driven than the Genesis version.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Nenha

The Last of Us. Other than that soon to come is Payday 2.

IzabellaJ

Played through Bioshock Infinite, it was quite good (some of the DLC looks fun). Replaying Baldurs Gate 2 which is fun and I'm waiting patiently for Star Citizen.
That new girl. Photoshop is my tool, message me if you want any shiny graphics. Creator of fine fake celebrity pictures since... 2013 ;D

http://izabellasfakes.tumblr.com/ (My tumblr, NSFW)

Ineffable Bae

Yeah, all I've played lately is Animal Crossing New Leaf. Great game though!
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"— Ishiro Honda

SinXAzgard21

Saints Row 3, Rogue Legacy, Spelunky, Shadowrun Returns, Falskaar (skyrim mod that adds 20 hours of gameplay).  Saints Row 4 on the 20th and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn at the end of this month.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sarah1234567

I wasn't enjoying it at first but The Last Of Us on PS3 is growing on me. Getting deeper into it, it is getting better.

Sasquatch421

I did start playing Dragon's Crown and I'm liking it... Depending on the person Deadpool is quite fun to me. Other then them two the only other game I've been messing around with is Dynasty Warriors 8...

Sarah1234567

Is Dynasty Warriors 8 any good? I like the series for a while but I think it was number 5 and 6 or 4 and 5 that put me off.

The Dark Raven

I apparently rekindled my obsession with Puzzle Pirates today.  Now to make Ult on all the sail puzzles...

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.