News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Scent of a Woman

Started by Raveled, February 10, 2010, 07:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raveled

... Is apparently more attractive than perfume.  So says SCIENCE!!
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Lilias

The natural scent also gives out a lot about our health, and given that we're all more or less in need of detox, it's just as well that perfumes cover that...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

DarklingAlice

Smell has always been a huge part of my love life with both men and woman. I couldn't be in a relationship with anyone with an unattractive natural scent. Perfume just tends to get in the way of how yummy your partner is.

Very cool article, thanks Raveled. Will have to watch and see what steps these researchers take next. Also the article's suggestion that perfume makers start mimicking the scent of ovulating women is interesting.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Lilias

Pheromone perfumes have been around for decades. Trouble is, they don't seem to work (otherwise they'd be on upmarket boutique shelves instead of 'discreet catalogues'). If scientists actually manufacture something that works, more power to them, although there's no telling what such olfactory signals could do to the cycle of the woman wearing the perfume.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Golguy

Perfumes are nice and some definitively get my blod boiling, but the true smell of a woman is intoxicating. Although everything in moderation, not too keen on the smell after a heavy workout out in the sun...

Avis habilis

And more attractive than either: pumpkin pie & doughnuts. I kid you not.

Guess the way to our hearts really is through our stomachs.

MasterMischief

Overpowering scent is a turn off for me.  Honestly, I do not need to smell you a block away.