Paving the Way to a New Future (Freeform, Sci-Fi, Exploration LGBTQ+ Friendly!)

Started by Lunaris, September 14, 2016, 01:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaris

Hello, everyone!

After gauging interest in a custom setting I've built and getting a few takers, I wanted to go ahead and post the first of many potential plots here. This one will focus on the conflict in Mechanist society between the privileged and the motley band of exiles known as Scavengers. I'm looking for writers to fill the role of a team of characters (of any race except Loreseekers since they are in open war with the Mechanists. But worry not! They will have their own plot angles soon...) that have been blackmailed or persuaded to work with the charismatic and skilled leader of a Scavenger crew that funds their operations by running a booming nightclub. This club caters to Mechanist elite who wish for a little bit of danger and pleasures outside of their usually cushy lives and pay top dollar to experience life and love on the edge.

While the RP may start off with a bit of hard partying, seduction, or combat leading up the capture of each PC, they will all find themselves given an unlikely pair of missions that will lead to the theft of prototype technology, exploration of a new land, and planting the seeds for a new society in the ruins of a city from centuries past.

There's no telling what may be encountered there or along the way and for that reason, this RP will be split into chapters spanning from the Club, to a hidden base of operations, to the wilds leading to the lost city, to the city itself. It will be a story of an unlikely alliance, an important mission, and the discovery of secrets wonderful and frightening. The characters in this story will be among the first pioneers to explore the dystopian ruins of a city long forgotten and discover what lurks within.

If this idea appeals to you and you'd like to get involved, feel free to check out Caelia through my signature if you haven't already and do reply here or via PM. For those that have already expressed interest in the setting, feel free to post your interest in the particular plot here. Thanks!

SheenaTiger

Just to make sure I am counted as well... Patrica Tabatha Rivers would like to participate as well, even if she might not know it yet.
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

SheenaTiger

Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

mai

I've been discussing character concepts mostly by PM but I figure I should post here just so my interest is on the record.

TheLaughingOne

*peeks and waves* Im reading up, and would deff be interested in giving a go:3
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Kiurial

*bursts in after long last, having meant to do this for quite some time*

I am interested!  You have already seen my character sheet, but I'll resend the finished product.

Count me in!

Lunaris

But *they* don't know that! *throws an old waffle at him* Don't be rude!

Do forgive him. He doesn't know how to people that good sometimes. It's always nice to know who one is roleplaying aside, after all. And this way, you all can check out each others O/Os, communicate with each other and so on. I think I have enough takers and shall soon be putting up a charrie sheet thread and OOC.

Kiurial

Yes they do!  I just told them!  Geeze.  *dodges the old waffle*  You're the rude one, attacking me with stale food!

I people good.  *nods*  Really good. 

Looking forward to it!

Kiurial

Lunaris

Oh yeah? Well you can take your rude-imentary attitude back to Rude-opolis where the people with Rude faces live.

BEHOLD OUR MATURITY, FELLOW RPERS.

Kiurial

*looks shocked and offended*  Well, you are the rudiest Rudezilla in all of Rudesville, Rudey McRuderson!

Clearly, I am the pinnacle of maturity.  You don't know what you're talking about.

Lunaris

Still being rude, I see. I suppose you just can't help yourself.

The OOC and Character Sheet threads for this RP are now up! Post up your (approved) charries, people! And share your thoughts in the New Land!

Relikai

Will it be comfortable for the RPers if I RP a female char ? Asking as a whole cos I know the reservations some might have with Ms playing F chars :D

Lunaris

*chuckles* If you feel you can do so comfortably and convincingly, I don't see the issue. =)

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Relikai on September 18, 2016, 10:15:55 PM
Will it be comfortable for the RPers if I RP a female char ? Asking as a whole cos I know the reservations some might have with Ms playing F chars :D
If they have, then they have to life with it or ignore me in this group-games ^^
I had never anyone complain.

TheLaughingOne

umm.. sorry but long day, and its "late" for me, and brain has fugged the hell off... where can i find template for character sheet?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

TheLaughingOne

Nnnnuuuuuuuu!!!!!
Im a weirdo, i have to stay up and do something after i get off work, if i go right to sleep i'll wake up a few hours later, unrested and unable to go back to sleep... :(
My Ons and Offs!

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Lunaris on September 19, 2016, 09:18:35 AM
Speaking of which, don't forget to post up your charrie, Sheena!

I must have missed that link, was waiting for it :(

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!