The Quest (The Shambler & Ranya)

Started by Ranya, January 07, 2009, 10:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevalier des Poissons

He has the feeling that something was near. But, instead of what he though, they are approaching the castle where Tahira´s brother is trapped. He barks to call her attention, so they can go inside and save her brother. But what about his curse? What could he do?

'Kaze' stays close to Tahira, willing to protect her. He feels good for his love was corresponded, but he must find a way to break this curse, to be free. She said she love him too, they kissed in the cave, what else is remaining? They are unaware to the approach of another ogre..
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Ranya

Tahira heard Kaze bark to get her attention. ‘No, not Kaze…Dahler…’ She corrected herself silently. It was obvious to her now, even if she didn’t understand it. She smiled to the wolf and followed him toward the castle. Her mind was still filled with thoughts of the previous night. Seeing Dahler…and realizing he loved her as much as she loved him.

She saw the Vampire castle coming into view, and knew she would soon have to face the king to save her brother.  She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice the ogre until it roared angrily behind them. The petite blonde spun around to face the angry monster, bringing her staff up to fend off the club wielded by the beast.

The ogre swung at her, and she deflected it with some difficulty before raising one of her hands and shooting fire at the beast. Te ogre roared in pain, and stumbled backward, dropping the club as it burned into a pile of ash from the fire. It was then that the monster pulled a dagger from the band of his loincloth, and instead of attacking her, aimed for her lupine companion.

“Dahler!” She exclaimed, and leapt forward without thinking in an attempt to shield her beloved. The dagger hit her in the side, and she cried out in pain, but managed to aim another blast of fire at the beast, hitting his face this time. The ogre fell to the ground, and writhed in pain as she felt to her knees beside Dahler. She pulled the dagger from her side with a hiss of pain. “I’m sorry I didn’t hear it coming…” She said, breathing a bit shallower as she began to try and heal herself. ‘Oh, Great Goddess…let me survive this and go save my brother…and return Dahler to his proper form…’

Chevalier des Poissons

'Kaze', or Dahler, watches his beloved fighting that big ogre. There is nothing he could do about that, this ogre is bigger than he expected. Attacking now would do nothing but distract Tahira; she would probably be concerned about him and wouldn't be able to defend herself, while she would try to protect him. Sure, if her mind acted like his, where right now nothing matters but her safety.

But he isn't useless on this situation. He notices how brutish the ogre is, and he barks and calls his attention, to make things easier for Tahira. And it works very well, the ogre has his attention towards that wolf for too much time, enough time for Tahira to hit him with her magic. If they keep doing this, that monster will be no threat for them.

However, the big creature took a dagger and came towards the wolf. Dahler is taken by surprise, and he is too close to run or even dodge the incoming attack. There is nothing he could do, so he closes his eyes and expects the worse. He feels blood on his fur, and Tahira screaming, but where is the pain? He opens his eyes and sees her in front of him. She got him for him, for his protection. He looks at her, wishing to help her, to hold her on his arms, and do something about that. But he is just a wolf, a damn cursed wolf.

Suddenly, he feels his body burning. Not by fire or by the pain in his heart. Could it be...he feels that inner pain again, and starts howling loudly, like everytime he changed back. The wolf fur starts to disappear, and his body shifts right there, even before the night. The loud howl becomes a loud scream of pain, until he is Dahler back again, naked, trembling and scared. But nothing of that matters as he sees Tahira bleeding. Covering himself properly he rushes and holds her in his arms. "Oh, I am sorry, I am very sorry, this is my fault", he keeps repeating, trying to forgive himself.

A & A

Ranya

(Sorry for any typos. I had to get my comp fixed, and haven't gotten to reinstall Word yet. I'm trying to catch them all, but may not.)

Tahira lokd up t Dahler, and smiled faintly. "Don't be sorry, my love." She insisted. "I cted out of wanting to protect you. I regret nothing." She leaned up and kissed him gently befoe shaking her head. "I need to find somewhere to heal myself..I have to recover before we try to save my brother..." She said, somewhat weakly as she allowed him to upport her, resting her head against him. A though then occured to her. "How are you in this form? You only came to me during the night time..."

Even as she awaited his rsponse, she began to focus on healing herslef with her magic. It would go so much faster with an outside healerhelping her, but she wasn't sure if Dahler had tha magical ability or not.

Chevalier des Poissons

Dahler ignores everything around them, giving her support and holding her close, as she finally asks him that. This is where he notices that he is indeed at his human form. "I think we broke the curse, my beloved. As I recall, the curse would be broken whenever one of us spilled our own blood for love, to save the other. I was planning on giving my blood to save you, but you did that for me, and now I am finally free", he says with a soft voice. Just the fact that he finally can be with her makes him feel very good about the situation.

He looks to her while she starts healing herself, wishing he could help her somehow with more than just protection. "You know what this means? We will be able to be together as long as you wish, my love". He leans towards her and kisses her forehead, unaware to the fact that he isn't wearing anything yet.

A & A