Drow Academy (D&D 3.5) - Please read for Q&A

Started by sleepingferret, March 26, 2014, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

If she got married at home she would treat her husband and children equally but hopefully won't be in the Drow capital when that is an issue.

sleepingferret

****NEW ANNOUNCEMENT****

Talking with Ghostwheel, and I know games like this take a while to get setup to make sure people characters done right and what not.  But I also know, people loose interest because of that...so Ghostwheel and I have decided to do a bit of a compromise.

Please have your character sheets turned in within the next two days, so Ghostwheel and I can go over them, get your DM Granted Stuff lists handed out to you and such.  Now, while fighter types will be spending your beginning days or even weeks unarmed at the Academy, the wizardly types and clerical types are in the upper ranking classes, so having your DM Granted Stuff lists completed and handed out, will be impact your beginning role-playing more, as you will have access to your items and can be carrying around and at least be wearing these items.

I know this is right in the middle of the business week and people have work and such, and even during "weekends" people even work these days.  However, if possible please try to do what you can to do as best as you can to complete your characters.

This isn't meant to scare anyone off, this is just trying to keep people here... if we're still holding everyone...then please talk to us and we'll continue to work with everyone and get characters completed as quickly as possible.

Snake

I've got mine ready but Myth-weavers didn't save it. and instead froze up. Argh

On the upside.

I'm also taking on a barbarian character. But with a twist, though my drow IS higborn. I have yet to decide which house he's a part of. Does anyone know where I can find a list of houses in Menzo?

sleepingferret

The following are the topmost houses of Menzoberranzan:

• Baenre
  • Barrison Del'Armgo
  • Oblodra (destroyed by Lolth in DR1358, described in Siege of Darkness)
  • Hun'ett (destroyed by Do'Urden in DR1338, described in Exile)
  • Faen Tlabbar
  • Xorlarrin
  • Agrach Dyrr (became a vassal of House Baenre in DR1372 in the outcome of the War of the Spider Queen)
  • Mizzrym
  • Do'Urden (destroyed by Baenre in DR1340, described in Exile)
  • Fey-Branche
  • Tuin'Tarl
  • Duskryn
  • Srune'Lett
  • Horlbar
  • Kenafin
  • Druu'giir
  • Hunzrin
  • Shobalar
  • Vandree
  • Symryvvin

House DeVir, the former fourth House, was destroyed 3 years ago by House Do'Urden during Drizzt Do'Urden's birth and only has one unknown survivor to the rest of the city. 

The following Houses are merchant families, houses outside the first 20-30 or so and thus were not an immediate "threat" to the ongoing power struggle within the city.  The families always battling with each other for a place on the ruling council or even just a higher ranking within the city for more respect.

• Freth [destroyed in 1319 DR] ("Homeland")
  • Teken'duis [destroyed in 1319 DR] ("Homeland")
  • Hekar ("Starless night")
  • Catanzaro ("Dragon228")
  • Despana ("Dissolution")
  • Pharn ("Realms Personalities")
  • Coloara ("Realms Personalities")

Snake

Hmm but if this is still shortly after Drizzt's birth and the destruction of DeVir. Hun'net is still functional technically isn't it?

And Agrach Dyrr is lead by a Lich actually :p

I may go with Duskryn though. Bein one of the top houses but still low in comparison would give the a certain drive that resulted in my char's birth (discussed with Ghost on Y)

sleepingferret

Hun'ett still has 38 years before House Do'Urden trashes them, there by Matron Malice Do'Urden gaining her short term seat on the Ruling Council.  Which due to her failure to kill Drizzt, she looses two years later.

Snake

Indeed that's true.

I've been studying up on things since I found out about this group. it's always a good thing. 

sleepingferret

DM Granted Item Lists Given Out:

• Muse
  • RubySlippers (student character ONLY; Master Character still needs to be discussed)
  • Foxy Oni (student character ONLY; Master Character still needs to be discussed)
  • Snake
  • Countdown0
  • Blinkin
  • Kdyami
  • Ghostwheel

If you have not received your DM Granted Item List Please send a PM to BOTH myself and Ghostwheel at this point.  Or if for some reason I have mistakenly put your name on the list above for people I have gave a list out to.

Also if you have questions about your DM Granted Item List or anything else, now is the time to ask.  As with my previous announcement today, we'd like to try to get everyone's characters done by Wednesday/Thursday, if at all possible.  Again as stated, if the entire group we have gathered as a WHOLE and I mean you can ALL agree that you'd all gladly help each other out and wait for each other to get things done right, then fine.  Ghostwheel and I won't push things, but we're wanting to make sure no one walks away from loosing interest because it is taking too long just to get started.

As always ask if you have questions and have a great week!

RubySlippers

I've got a medical appointment tomorrow but will have the characters in by late tomorrow, I mostly have background things to work on and some fleshing out.

Kdyami

I'm virtually done with my character.  But I've got a pretty easy concept.  So any one needing help or waiting longer, I'm glad to help with what I can and wait for what I cant. :)   
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Sahariel

Are you still looking for players? I have read the Dark elf Trilogy, Legacy, Starless Night, and Daughter of the Drow.

RubySlippers

Heads up on the Master character a GM in my long running game as a player on rpol is backing out and I am taking over so won't have time for another character here, so will send in my rogue and be foregoing the other role. So I will send my rogue in later and consider the Master slot freed up I can't make that kind of higher commitment.

sleepingferret

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 02, 2014, 06:53:16 AM
Heads up on the Master character a GM in my long running game as a player on rpol is backing out and I am taking over so won't have time for another character here, so will send in my rogue and be foregoing the other role. So I will send my rogue in later and consider the Master slot freed up I can't make that kind of higher commitment.

Ok so that's a yes for the rogue still, but no for the Master of Sorcere, correct?

RubySlippers

Quote from: sleepingferret on April 02, 2014, 12:33:11 PM
Ok so that's a yes for the rogue still, but no for the Master of Sorcere, correct?

Yes the game I'm co-gm for has over 10k posts and we both need to run it to keep it going, so can't commit to a major second character. Plus I have my other game to run here. But will run my rogue she just needs an avatar and some touch ups, with the fighter feat progression option and the intended prestige class she is going to be cool.

sleepingferret

Quote from: Sahariel on April 02, 2014, 06:10:16 AM
Are you still looking for players? I have read the Dark elf Trilogy, Legacy, Starless Night, and Daughter of the Drow.

Seems we have possibly one at least one original of my applicants having not responding nor submitted anything to either myself or my Co-DM so, sure.  Please review the thread for some Q&A players have had, especailly some of the earlier pages.  As well as review the rules and character creation rules in my initial post, if you have interest in playing one of the still open Master roles please send a PM to me directly for further details.

Snake

I'm not 100% done with my backstory as I worked out the important parts with the DM's but I'll have somethin done by the time we start.

I don't want to try something to crazy. I may have my char be a secondboy for Freth unless there's a canon char already listed for it somehwere.

sleepingferret

House Freth I don't think was really detailed a great much....and in any case, with it being a non-number House, doing a little bit of "editing" to the house structure won't hurt anything.

Zaer Darkwail

There is still room for this? I am shocked I had missed this  :o

I can throw a charsheet tomorrow for 3th level noble born wizard.

Quote from: sleepingferret on March 31, 2014, 07:35:59 PM
Just a quick "sales" pitch.... still two Master slots available, if anyone is interested.  Current players or new parties welcome, so tell your friends!

*raises hand*

But I had also interest to make master of melee magether and have question would weaponmaster PrC allowed from 3.0 supplement; Sword and Fist? Also I see one swordsage among PC cast so tome of battle is possible source allowed for melee magether master?

Edit; I may have other ideas also lurking about like Beguiler (not sure where he would be send; he is very roguish but has very strong arcane talents in illusion and enchantment), bard also has passed the mind and so has Soulknife (from the psionic house). Also idea play female drow who is warlock 1/cleric of lolth 2 (aiming for eldrict discipline PrC).

sleepingferret

Master character "applications" or discussion please send to me.  The weapon master PrC from the Sword and Fist would be fine since it had no revision if you had the required prerequisites.

All other classes and such just have to make "sense" in some way for their school.

I will only accept applicants for Masters or maybe a one or two students at this point, and our character completion date remains the same.  So keep that in mind.  Please read thru the thread for Q&A first and then see myself and Ghostwheel.

Thanks.

sleepingferret

EDITED: 4/3 @ approx. 12:15 AM PST/2:15 AM PST/3:15 AM EST

Student character applications CLOSED.

Will still take 1 player to play an instructor character of Arach-Tinilith.  Specific requirements of said character are the following:

Character must be female and must be primarily a Cleric of Lolth.  Please PM me for more specific details if interested, as there are some Character Creation Rules differences for Master characters. 

Zaer Darkwail

Did this close up include my female student at Arach-Tinilith?

DinaFlower

sleepingferret

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 03, 2014, 02:44:16 AM
Did this close up include my female student at Arach-Tinilith?

Your female student is fine Zaer.

sleepingferret

Quote from: DinaFlower on April 03, 2014, 02:52:06 AM
Is this full now?

I'm sorry Dina, but for now I'm closing space for any additional student characters right now.  At this point unless someone would like to play the female cleric of Lolth that would be an instructor at the Academy, then it is full for now.

Depending on how the game plays out, I may allow additional players to join.

RubySlippers

I was ill last night, foot pain, and on good meds so was kind of out of it. I will get my rogue in today.